Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28673 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Kilode1: 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
aisha2:

You want pictures abi? you re in your living room waiting to see peoples family so u can go to church to thank God that you were not involved ko? It is weell
I was calling my family to inform them not knowing that they were already affected, in d hopsital, Bodies, body parts, open legs and aroms, blood it is crazy. Goodluck grow some balls take control. People talking shouting and trading blames wont understand till it is in your living room. They just wanted fish for God sake, whats was their crime please

O ga o! So sorry, So sad. This is just beyond sickening.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is bigger than joanthan.he's too weak angry angry

He doesn't have any balls. He is supposed to be wielding the most awesome power in that land, yet he acts like a weakling!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by calaway: 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2010
@LRNZH I agree with you we best dump all our political contraptions (PDP and a struture that disregards the electorate. damn riggers.) they have been taking us backwards. Take it this way, all this while our destiny as a nation has been playing out like some1s script to the detriment of a mind boggling population of people who r scared to die for their rights and so all their rights have systematically been taken from them then barely one year ago something that was not planned(not scripted) happened that thing was GEJ. along with GEJ i saw a sign a pointer in the direction of positive change in Nigeria, this sign give me some hope FUEL|some of us may take this for granted but it is very significant, for over twenty years Nigeria has not had it available nearly as stable as this. Three refineries are all working now with comcrete plans to set up three more but before now the refineries were moribund. We must allw this sensation of change take manifest. Donot allow the old block turn our destiny back in their desired direction. Agreed Jonathan must take dwn corruption and putting myself in his shoes. Given the time left before the end of this term It is quite rational to begin with and concentrate on positive development goals rather than attempt to begin to address the pillars that established and hold corruption in our nation this will stair up the waters and there is a right time for this. GEJ has sprang alot of surprises even  where OBJ was concerned so I doubt the possiblity of a puppet master scenario.
Taking all options into cognizance it is reasonable to give GEJ a shot at full blown leadership of this place of ours.
Yes State of emergency i think this is when  a military administrator eigther serving or retired is mobilised to coordinate the activities of ground troops deployed to the trouble spot.  In Plateau the Governor is incidentally a retired General (airforce) so it will not serve to take the trouble to mobilise some other militry gen. to oversee operations there. More so If i live in your house and I decide to burn it down there is nothing you can do cos u r not in my head so you will never see me coming.You can only try to quench the fire i have started, this is the case now. these events are sponsored by those that want to take advantage of chaos.  My Brother GEJ is beyond their control thus we have this situations.

@ sochan you want to make room for the old hands 2 comeback right? You proposal is exactly their plan too? All their Children , nephews  and towns men are the young officers in the army. And I tell the armed forces is theirs so looking there for real redemption is false hope. GEJ must look for a way to force federal character representation in the army just as they did in the civil service so that we can truly have a real Nigeria.  

Pals let us go with GEJ he is the best option for now. Any coup will be worse for the national identity and we will pack our bags home and fight for what is ours alone(oil). NO MORE CHANCING!!!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2010
aisha2:

You want pictures abi? you re in your living room waiting to see peoples family so u can go to church to thank God that you were not involved ko? It is weell
I was calling my family to inform them not knowing that they were already affected, in d hopsital, Bodies, body parts, open legs and aroms, blood it is crazy. Goodluck grow some balls take control. People talking shouting and trading blames wont understand till it is in your living room. They just wanted fish for God sake, whats was their crime please

eyah. e pele o  embarassed
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2010
oBJ deliberately went for the poorest choice possible in Yar Adua . OBJ knew that the man was chronically ill. He knew Yar Adua was a loner who hardly left Katsina State and was unknown to most Governors because of how he rarely interacted with his counterparts . The man had never even been to the USA until he became President !!! How can such an introverted character be viewed as capable of leading Nigeria? After settling on Yardie , OBJ then shamelessly bullied everyone and everything out of the way to make him President. In the end this has nothing to do about balls. It is about how OBJ vengefully and deliberately lumbered Nigeria with weak leadership for his own wicked agenda. Nigerians are now paying for his wickedness .
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is bigger than joanthan.he's too weak angry angry
i doubt the bolded statement.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Limaoscar: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2010
Why I am in this forum, you assked? This forum supplies endless jokes and jokers, and who doesn't like some jokes? If Nigeria is not a joke tell what is? Biafra, Arewa, Oduduwa or Delta is is still and the only untested option B alternative to waste of space called Nigeria. You don't have to agree with me.

Ezeachi and the rest of your ilk,
Shut-up and stop derailing this post. People have just died on the eve of a new year , we should be mourning but NO, You must PROPOSE and revel in a "dis-memberment" of the Country . Can't you find at least one good thing in your life that this country has done for you before campaigning for the Emergence  of republican or regional  states from what you hope is the ruins of Nigeria.

Even vultures self dey wait make their prey die, haba! We have seen our days through a senseless civil war, religious riots, political upheavals, terrorism and recently militant ideologies but we won't break, repeat, we won't break. We will surely weather this storm and return a better Nation under God and that i believe is our destiny!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ha, its easy to sit and talk senselessly, human beings, children, A child is lying here with her limbs open, Haba, haba, You people should grow a heart abeg. Good luck you re supposed to be in charge, get to work, you are losing grip
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rousseau: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
Let us not forget that Atiku called for violence and I think people are responding to his suggestion. There are politicians who want to make Nigeria ungovernable, which should be alarming to all Nigerians. Let us not forget that. And the religious undertones that are permeating this election is quite alarming with a little pinch of tribalism to add to the mix. In addition, the North is very susceptible to foreign influences that want to wreck havoc on Nigeria. This region is fertile ground for religious extremism that even Al-Qaeda has taken notice in the region.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by wesley80(m): 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
I'm certain that if the bombers were to be going thru this thread, he'lld be amazed at the scale of his success judging by the comments on this thread. So now Gej should quit for a stronger leader abi? This is a democracy 4 christ's sake, If u think Gej is weak u can vote IBB or Buhari its not late. But pls stop these senseless criticisms. The other time he was tried to be tough after a bomb blast u lot came out with same criticisms accusing him of witchhunting political opponents so soon after a blast and nearly turned d whole stuff to a North vs South war with your comments Now u expect him 2 appear strong to u? Gej might appear weak to u but like someone said, We'll take our chances.
This storm will pass just like d others and eventually the perpetrators will be brought to book. Na Naija we dey. So here's my advice; Y not gather your criticisms and shove it down your scraggy backsides.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by KnowAll(m): 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2010
Why are we not seeing bombings in the christian strongholds of southern Nigeria.Is it not a Muslim group that claimed responsibility which the Sultan described as faceless

There have been 2 bombs in Jonathan's backwater within the last 2 weeks, even Mr President is scared of going for an official opening in Yenogoa, so Mr man your statement is a fallacy.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by sweet9ja: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
Those blaming GEJ are thesame people who don't want him there in first place.
They are doing all they can to frustrate him out of Aso Rock.
However, GEJ will succeed and outlive all of you, idiots.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned the New Year Eve's blast
that rocked the Sani Abacha Barracks (now renamed Mogadishu Barracks) in the country's capital city of Abuja,
leaving at least 11 dead and many more injured.

Presidential spokesman Ima Niboro said in a statement: "Tonight, evil people determined to turn the joys of fellow Nigerians
to ashes detonated a bomb at a barracks market in the Federal Capital City.

"Basking in their nefarious success in Jos on Christmas Eve, they have once again knifed at the heartstrings of a nation decked
out in gaiety, celebrating New Year's Eve. This is extreme evil. It is wicked. It defies all that we that we believe in and stand for
as a nation.

"The President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, condemns this attack, and commands the nation's security services to rise to
the occasion and arrest this new and dangerous challenge to our peace and stability. There shall be no sacred cows. All, no matter
how remotely connected to these incidents, must be brought to justice.''

The Abuja blast is the latest in a series of explosions that has rocked Nigeria in recent days, raising fears over the success of next
year's general elections.

Bomb blasts detonated near the venue of the celebrations marking Nigeria's 50th independence anniversary in Abuja left at least
10 dead and 26 injured on 1 Oct.

Christmas Eve explosions in the northern city of Jos killed 80 people and left over a hundred injured. The same day, six people
were killed when bombs exploded in three churches in Maiduguri, in the predominantly-Muslim northern Nigeria.

On Wednesday, a device suspected to be a bomb exploded at the venue of electioneering campaign in the oil state of Bayelsa. No one
died from the blast.
-0- PANA MON/SEG 31Dec2010

31 december 2010 22:49:24
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

oBJ deliberately went for the poorest choice possible in Yar Adua . OBJ knew that the man was chronically ill. He knew Yar Adua was a loner who hardly left Katsina State and was unknown to most Governors because of how he rarely interacted with his counterparts . The man had never even been to the USA until he became President !!! How can such an introverted character be viewed as capable of leading Nigeria? After settling on Yardie , OBJ then shamelessly bullied everyone and everything out of the way to make him President. In the end this has nothing to do about balls. It is about how OBJ vengefully and deliberately lumbered Nigeria with weak leadership for his own wicked agenda. Nigerians are now paying for his wickedness .i doubt the bolded statement.

It is true. Not my style to malign the character of folks falsely even if I don't like them. Go and investigate and you will discover that Yar Adua's reclusive nature , coupled with his illness , meant he was hardly ever interested in leaving Katsina State. The point is that OBJ , having being in the saddle himself , would know that Yar Adua was not the President Nigeria needed.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by nduchucks: 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2010
Limaoscar:

Shut-up and stop derailing this post. People have just died on the eve of a new year , we should be mourning but NO, You must PROPOSE and revel in a "dis-memberment" of the Country . Can't you find at least one good thing in your life that this country has done for you before campaigning for the Emergence  of republican or regional  states from what

Please take it easy on Eziachi. Those of us who have been here all year, understand that he is also a victim and casualty of the Biafran war, a former soldier.  He has seen more dead bodies than most of us will ever encounter, just pray for him. shikena.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2010
Atiku shld be taken behind bars without delay
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by asha80(m): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2010
well na so life be for naija.i have seen so many quick and disastrous death around me that i do not feel any emotion for death any longer.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
when will this nonsense stop?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by goggs(m): 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
Atiku Abuakar in a statement denounced the bombings in strong terms describing it as ”senseless and wicked.”
In the statement  Mr Abubakar said he sympathises with innocent military and civilian victims caught in the bombing incident.
The former VP went on to say that the latest bomb targeted at a military establishment is an indication that ”President Jonathan cannot provide the type of leadership to secure the nation.’
The president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, has also condemned the attack, and commands the nation’s security services to rise to the occasion and arrest this new and dangerous challenge to our peace and stability.
He said in a statement that there shall be no sacred cows. All, no matter how remotely connected to these incidents, must be brought to justice.
”They must be made to pay.   No one, and we repeat, no one, can make this nation ungovernable.’ he said in a statement signed by Ima Niboro.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/breaking-news-bomb-explosion-rocks-abuja-details-later/

trust politicians to politicize every and anything.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rousseau: 11:55pm On Dec 31, 2010
To those calling for a military takeover of Nigeria, I pity you. Let the democratic process continue its course. The age of military dictatorships in Africa is over. Let the people decide who their leaders should be. It is our right to decide though the ballot box. If Goodluck Jonathan is not the best man to lead this nation, then let the people choose another who should lead us. The military should stay in the barracks. Some of you are quick to say the military can save us, but that is not true. Nigeria can go in two directions. Either grow in democracy, or break apart into separate nations. A military coup will not stop either of these two processes. This is the choice for Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by goggs(m): 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

To those calling for a military takeover of Nigeria, I pity you. Let the democratic process continue its course. The age of military dictatorships in Africa is over. Let the people decide who their leaders should be. It is our right to decide though the ballot box. If Goodluck Jonathan is not the best man to lead this nation, then let the people choose who should lead us. The military should stay in the barracks. Some of you are quick to say the military can save us, but that is not true. Nigeria can go in two directions. Either grow in democracy, or break apart into separate nations. A military coup will not stop either of these two processes. This is the choice for Nigeria.

if for every bomb or ethnic clash the military were to take over, GOD HELP INDIA! (and they are progressing)
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2010
Limaoscar:

Shut-up and stop derailing this post. People have just died on the eve of a new year , we should be mourning but NO, You must PROPOSE and revel in a "dis-memberment" of the Country . Can't you find at least one good thing in your life that this country has done for you before campaigning for the Emergence  of republican or regional  states from what you hope is the ruins of Nigeria.

Even vultures self dey wait make their prey die, haba! We have seen our days through a senseless civil war, religious riots, political upheavals, terrorism and recently militant ideologies but we won't break, repeat, we won't break. We will surely weather this storm and return a better Nation under God and that i believe is our destiny!
Yourself and the rest of your ilk always shed crocodile tears everytime your countrymen jihadist strikes, from Maita Sine in the 80s and now bombing but you will soon move on until another day.
The different between you and me is that unlike you, I don't bury my head in the sand, playing the ostrich, I don't know how to pretend, saying things are alright. Every new year you start a new song and by the end of the year you wil be singing an old song. No decent person will tell you that Nigeria as country has done anything good for them. Nigeria was created, designed for the rogues and their hang ons, so don't ask me what Nigeria has done for me, I will rather do one for Nigeria but its like throwing a Diamond into Jankara Market.
Have you actually seen or witness death? Because I have seen and breath dead, I have buried 13 members of my immediate family in one day courtesy of your jihadist brothers.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by SapeleGuy: 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

Let us not forget that Atiku called for violence and I think people are responding to his suggestion. There are politicians who want to make Nigeria ungovernable, which should be alarming to all Nigerians. Let us not forget that. And the religious undertones that are permeating this election is quite alarming with a little pinch of tribalism to add to the mix. In addition, the North is very susceptible to foreign influences that want to wreck havoc on Nigeria. This region is fertile ground for religious extremism that even Al-Qaeda has taken notice in the region.

I fully expect him and a few others to be charged with treason and incitement to mass murder by Tuesday at the very latest.

The sad thing about this, is that there are too many Nigerians who are simply heartless - so long as it isn't them, they don't give a damn. We have seen it in Biafra, Odi, Gbaramatu, Ayakoromor and now Abuja.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by goggs(m): 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2010
TRUCE! TRUCE!

CEASE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok continue,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by jumobi1(m): 12:00am On Jan 01, 2011
GEJ for President. The devil is a liar.
Not even OBJ can do anything about the explosions.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 12:01am On Jan 01, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

oBJ deliberately went for the p[b]oorest choice possible in Yar Adua . OBJ knew that the man was chronically ill. He knew Yar Adua was a loner who hardly left Katsina State and was unknown to most Governors because of how he rarely interacted with his counterparts . The man had never even been to the USA until he became President !!![/b] How can such an introverted character be viewed as capable of leading Nigeria? After settling on Yardie , OBJ then shamelessly bullied everyone and everything out of the way to make him President. In the end this has nothing to do about balls. It is about how OBJ vengefully and deliberately lumbered Nigeria with weak leadership for his own wicked agenda. Nigerians are now paying for his wickedness .         i doubt the bolded statement.
Gbawe:

It is true. Not my style to malign the character of folks falsely even if I don't like them. Go and investigate and you will discover that Yar Adua's reclusive nature , coupled with his illness , meant he was hardly ever interested in leaving Katsina State. The point is that OBJ , having being in the saddle himself , would know that Yar Adua was not the President Nigeria needed.

Touche.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Limaoscar: 12:02am On Jan 01, 2011
Please take it easy on Eziachi. Those of us who have been here all year, understand that he is also a victim and casualty of the Biafran war, a former soldier.  He has seen more dead bodies than most of us will ever encounter, just pray for him. shikena.

Bro Ndu Chucks,
I hear what you are saying. I am NOT new on this forum. I have been here as MikeOscar for at least 3 yrs before I got banned over the guy in Chicago ( bawolomo)who died a few weeks ago because I complained about some post and threat by mukinatu, (long story) I know Ezeachi and I share in His grieve for losing family in the civil war. My dad fought on the biafran side (and I have mentioned this on NL before) but we can't go on like this and be so unforgiven and gloating over other people's loss . Two wrongs can't a right they say.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by jumobi1(m): 12:03am On Jan 01, 2011
Limaoscar:

As the days go by, the war makes more sense. Nigeria will break up when Jonathan wins.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Ibime(m): 12:04am On Jan 01, 2011
Alas, the contraption called Nigeria is unravelling.

Do those who wish to make the country ungovernable believe they will be able to govern in peace? Niger Delta strap up.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by KokoBeware: 12:05am On Jan 01, 2011
Its soo very clear that this people are very desparate for power , they want to throw away GEJ at all cost, all those saying he should step down, please  FOR WHO to TAKE OVER?? The Bombers? because that is exactly what they want, trust me even if it was any of them that was there and a small sect  decided to take thier bombings to abuja among civillians they wouldn't have been able to cope (at least not immediately), Nigeria as a whole and our security outfit cannot cope with bombings do you know how porous our boarders are?? anyone can bring in a bomb and drop it in any public place,

i just pray GEJ will rise to this occasion and do whatever it takes to show himself strong, if he is forced out by the North or whoever the crisis will only worsen, there are enough explosives in this country right now to cause enough havok,

Those containers of ammunition that was intercepted, one can only wonder where it was actually destined for??
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2011
i feel like eating suya!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Olaedo1: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2011
I think it is time GEJ came out and address the nation and televise it.The act is long overdue.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 12:07am On Jan 01, 2011
goggs:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/breaking-news-bomb-explosion-rocks-abuja-details-later/

trust politicians to politicize every and anything.

Atiku , IMO , is definately a suspect if one looks at his recent actions . When not threatening violence and chaos he is senselessly challenging GEJ to a debate while running around saying Jonathan has no right to run. I call GEJ desperate but Atiku is very desperate too but with a murderous "do-or-die" edge to his desire to become President in 2011. We know Gusau and IBB have pledged to work with Atiku . Gusau , if totally on board , and knowing completely how the security apparatus of Nigeria works , would likely help the "consensus candidate" stay one step ahead of GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me / Deji Adeyanju Exposes Wike As 'The APC Mole In PDP' / Umahi: "South East security Outfit Coming"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.