Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:14 PM

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet (55772 Views)

Indonesians Who Don't Wear Face-Masks Are Made To Lie In Coffins By Police (Pix) / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by agwom(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2020
The Director General of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, has explained why he does not wear face mask during the joint briefings of the Presidential Taskforce Force (PTF) on COVID-19 like other members of the committee. Answering questions during the briefing, on Friday, Ihekweazu said the nation was yet to develop a policy on face mask wearing and also that the face mask should be for those infected or the medical frontline medical personnel attending the suspected cases or treating COVID-19 patients.

“This is a strategy we need to think about before we implement it. Before we implement a national strategy around mask wearing, we have to be sure we can provide it or at least enable access to it. We will allow for the risk assessment and as the evidence comes together, we will make a decision based on the evidence and ability to provide every Nigerian with access to mask,” he said. He however said on Monday that the agency will roll out a policy on face masks this week.

According to him, the NCDC is almost done with the face mask policy but the draft is still being looked at by the agency. He said, “Last week, I did say we would release a policy on face masks. That policy has almost been completed. In fact, the draft is now being looked at by various colleagues to make sure that we are all alive. By tomorrow or next, we would be releasing that policy for all of us to align with.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-why-i-dont-wear-face-mask-ncdc-dg.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by SEGLIZ: 7:11am On Apr 07, 2020
let us move swiftly on any policy
it is no time to start searching for what is not available. "nkan ta n wá lo sokoto wà lápò sòkòtò," why travel distance while your need is there in your pocket.
those made in Nigeria mask should go into circulation.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Trueigbo: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2020
Protect yourself ooo..so you can enjoy the fruit of your labour

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2020
This is the brain behind Nigerians response to this virus ....but he is not praised because of where he is from ...

Nna keep doing your work ...we appreciate you

275 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by cRobo: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2020
probably because you got the virus, SL you got nothing to loose
well

I won't say a word

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Duru9(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is the brain behind Nigerians response to this virus ....but he is not praised because of where he is from ...

If they had known that his department will blow like this they for don replace him since
Now nobody is mentioning the NCDC chairman name

God will protect him
Amen

262 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2020
Duru9:

If they had known that his department will blow like this they for don replace him since
Now nobody is mentioning the NCDC chairman name

God will protect him
Amen
Lol they knew...this is one of the key position u can't give anyhow if not many would die ..so they look for the best ...which most times it's Igbo
Na their way

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Seun(m): 8:02am On Apr 07, 2020
With this attitude, he could be the next Boris Johnson, but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Please take care of yourself, sir.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Nmezor(f): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2020
Hmmnm
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by sapientia(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Very misleading.

Imagine telling us at his level that only infected people and medical personnel should wear it but your members do.

Yet, you guys are working on a mask policy.

Very irresponsible answer from a responsible fellow.

Please, always wear your masks when leaving your house.

Don't listen to this man

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by ccffwx: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2020
Igbo man, leave Nigerian matters for them. Let's just hope they don't witch hunt you after risking your life for them. Your good work will keep you from getting the coronavirus.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Miracle1991: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2020
ccffwx:
Igbo man, leave Nigerian matters for them. Let's just hope they don't witch hunt you after risking your life for them. Your good work will keep you from getting the coronavirus.
why are you guys so tribalistic. Everything about igbo Man is tribe tribe tribe. But the funny part is many of them don't stay in their region. They depends on other tribes to sell their market.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by zexy2030(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2020
Seun:
With this attitude, he could be the next Boris Johnson. But I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
bros u dey snub me? 8days now o. pls na
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Kaywhy1(m): 11:23am On Apr 07, 2020
may God continue to protect you and lead you right.
meanwhile today is my birthday, wish me well

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by HisSexcellency(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2020
People will abuse the use of face mask when the policy is out. Nigerians are know to abuse anything.
Face masks was given to everyone in my office few days ago, i saw a couleague were face mask right inside his car on his way home.
Note, he was alone in the car and was still on face mask.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by legalwealth(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Factfinder1(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
He carry jazz for pocket
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Staphylococcus: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
Trump's replica
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
But wait o, if weather is what hibernates covid 19 virus isnt USA suppose to overcome it during this isolation period with the various house heaters and fire place they have ?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

he is not praised in what sense Must u bring tribal ish to every issue. He got the job when they could have given adamu or ciroma

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by masterP042(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
Our medical professionals are trying.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by nnadychuks(m): 11:29am On Apr 07, 2020
Hmm
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Powerintoxicate: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol they knew...this is one of the key position u can't give anyhow if not many would die ..so they look for the best ...which most times it's Igbo
Na their way
who told you igbos produce the best medical doctor's? You messed up. Yorubas produce the best brains in medicine so shut the Bleep up

36 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2020
Take no chances guys. Protect yourselves.

Are you having challenges recruiting quality and suitable staff for your business?
Do you need expert input to move your business forward?
You don't have to worry anymore. Prime Watermark Consulting can do all that for you. We offer Quality Human Resource and Business Consulting Services.
Areas of Focus.
Administrative, Engineering, Finance, ICT, Hospitality, Medical, Domestic staff (Drivers, Chefs, Stewards, etc). For more info: Kindly check the signature.
Thank you.
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by lanre4411(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

I will not say any thing it's in your DNA tribalism. Hate

25 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by jaxxy(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Is it praises we go chop? That is for sycophants and politicians.

He is brilliant and ontop of his job I must say.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / Man Electrocuted To Death In Aba Few Weeks To Traditional Wedding (Graphic Pic) / How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.