Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) (44851 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Commences Fumigation Of Public Places In Abia (Photos) / Coronavirus: Lagos Spraying Disinfectants In Epe Public Places / Lagos Acquires New Equipment For Disinfection Of Public Places, Set To Deploy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2020
Ondo State is set to become the first state in Nigeria to deploy the use of drones to combat the spread of COVID-19 pandemic

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN yesterday received in audience some young innovators at Nigeria Flying Labs South-West and Beat Drone, who went to show him how they are re-purposing agricultural drones for disinfecting public sites. Governor Akeredolu disclosed this via his twitter account.

In this tweets: "The young innovators at @Ng_FlyingLabs & @beatdrone showed me how they are re-purposing our agric drones for disinfecting public sites to help stop the spread of #COVID19 . They also gave me their progress report on the drone assembly plant they are setting up in Akure."

" Looking forward to a "Made in Ondo State" stamp on their drones."

The call for social distancing gives credit to the use of drone for effective disinfection of streets and cities without putting the operators in danger of contacting the COVID-19 virus.

Using drones remotely reduces the need for people to enter contaminated areas to disinfect them and their chance of becoming infected. This means that drone operators would not require full PPE, which are scarce now in the market.

Depending on the application, drone spray can be fifty times more efficient than people spraying. A drone can spray 600,000 sqm/day - that's the equivalent of 50—100 workers.

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1247249911692828672?s=19

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2020
More Photos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2020
The day the rich and poor starts having a common problem is the day development will start in this country. These guys in government won't be pushed if they can't relate to your plight.

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by DatIgalaDude: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2020
Oshey! Futuristic Govonor.
undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Sammy07: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2020
My governor cool

God bless Ondo state
God bless South West
Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
OndoFirstBorn:

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN yesterday received in audience some young innovators at Nigeria Flying Labs South-West and Beat Drone, who went to show him how they are re-purposing agricultural drones for disinfecting public sites. Governor Akeredolu disclosed this via his twitter account.

They also gave me their progress report on the drone assembly plant they are setting up in Akure."

" Looking forward to a "Made in Ondo State" stamp on their drones."

Swears SW don't make noise... cool cool cool

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Sanromeo(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2020
This is very innovative. Governor Akeredolu never fails to think out of the box at critical times. This is my Governor in whom I'm well pleased with. grin

Please donate to Ondo State COVID-19 Response Fund. Thank you.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by MZrapper(f): 7:34am On Apr 07, 2020
Wow.

This is impressive.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Tozic: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2020
MZrapper:
Wow.

This is impressive.
Why saying 'wow'?

Shey you ain't a Nigerian?
Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by StephenBB(m): 7:40am On Apr 07, 2020
If this corona can restructure this country for us b4 vanishing...I'll be grateful
Everyone is now thinking outside the box

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by seedorfg(m): 8:01am On Apr 07, 2020
As a Nigerian I believe we can do better if given the opportunity. Nigerian are creative and innovative but our problem is support, if government can support our local producer or manufacturer their won't be any need going to abroad for what we already have.

Let cherish what we have....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Oluromantic: 8:03am On Apr 07, 2020
This governor's innovations made me study his background and personal life. He's been a selfless and upright man from childhood. Aketi the man. Fulfil why God sent you there!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by blakid(m): 8:10am On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:
My governor cool
God bless Ondo state God bless South West Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Swears SW don't make noise... cool cool cool
And i believe SW is not part of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2020
Nice one Mr Gov

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Sammy07: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2020
blakid:

they are, but they don't chest beat

Even I've never heard of their name in Ondo b4.

We all know if it's a certain region, the thread would be over 11 pages by now.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Makavelli25: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2020
blakid:

Then it is part of where my son??

you guys must include tribalism in every fuucckking shit on NL
AM SMH FOR YOU

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2020
That's good.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Blackfire(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2020
Southerners and unnecessary noise...

Anyway they will start tearing themselves now

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by blakid(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2020
Makavelli25:
Then it is part of where my son??

you guys must include tribalism in every fuucckking shit on NL
AM SMH FOR YOU
Try to read between the lines, Dad. We both are on the same page!!

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2020
s
Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by DrChukki: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
They should also uninstall any 5G network mast and cables from the state.... It might not make sense, but there's no smoke without fire

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by iammo(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Looting spree...

Akeredolu shows sophistication at all point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by olaszydaruma(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
nice development

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by bro4u: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
The day the rich and poor starts having a common problem is the day development starts in this country. These guys in government won't be pushed if they can't relate to your plight.
Absolutely the truth. They were all waiting for Corona virus to reset their brains, every politician suddenly becomes caring, protective and performing sure because they know they have no where to go. #WeDieHere

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by Bukden16(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2020
Billions of Naira will be missing.
EFCC currently bracing up for 2021.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Akeredolu To Deploy Drones For Disinfection Of Public Places (PHOTOS) by MYHUBBY: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2020
if we Igbo don't make wave Nigerians would be suffering by now. check well Igbo men invented those Drones

come to Abia, Anambra, Enugu and IMO to see these drones in numbers. we Igbo set the pacesetter

this is the beliefs of people that believe their states is in God's hand but allocations is in their Leaders hand

God bless all Southwest states o jare

God bless all Yorubas both home & abroad

we want more of this. kudos to Akeredolu for leading as the CGS. your second term is 100% sealed

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

627 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 12 - (2032 Tested) / How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / Portable Blood Pressure Monitor for Home or Office Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.