Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50182 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by hammyd1: 1:55am On Jul 22, 2011
Am also writting for the first time, @ choose4me which centre can i register the toefl with, or how to go about it myself, am planin to take the exam this august, @ all you av been doin a great job, please lets keep the thread alive.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 22, 2011
Go to first logic ikeja,they can register you for 35k, thats where i did mine
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2011
@choose4me from another thread i saw that u already got admitted,so tel me hw was the exam like?am gonna apply for an engineering course and from wot i hear questions will come from maths,phy and chem.,so wots it like?i'd like to start my preparations early.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by hammyd1: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2011
Thanks @ choose4me,for other people in the house going for M.Sc, lets share our ideas here on how to go about the forthcoming registration this november. God bless us all.
choose4me:

Go to first logic ikeja,they can register you for 35k, thats where i did mine
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by afropastor: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2011
Hi all
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ cluz, no bro, i was a few points behind cut off so im trying again Next yeär so we are together, as for your engineering course,yea its maths,phy and chem, u will answer one of chem or phy, ill seNd you some past engineering quEstions läter, there is more than enough time bro, get your toefl score 79 upwards first,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2011
@choose4me thanx alot for d reply,the past questions will realy b helpful when d tym comes.so like u said i'll get my english exam score ready ,then i'll go from dere, good to know i'll b going thru d process wit u,ur input wil b very useful.,hopefully we can get admitted next yr,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ cluz, yea no problem, one step at a time bro, ill do my best, by Gods grace we'll get it then
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by our9ja: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2011
@choose4me , I have been following this thread ,and indeed you and follow NairaLanders have done a great Job.So i will be subcribing for those going for Master Program.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2011
@our9ja, welcome on board, Masters application starts in Novmber, get your docs ready b4 then,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by padodo: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2011
got and HND iv civil engineering, do they offer post master cos ?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by hammyd1: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2011
goodday to u all, a friend graduated from nigeria university last two month is also interested in finnish postgraduate school, but cannot apply for his transcript until next year march, while some schools in finland ends their application jan/feb, can he stil apply with an awaiting transcript or wait until Nov 2012 application, Thankx.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 12:56am On Aug 04, 2011
@choose4me, u posted somewhere here previously about health insurance cover N30,000. Pls where is it procured here in Naija for finnish visa. I am really in need of one urgently as I just got my acceptance letter for Doctoral study in University of Helsinki. Pls reply
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2011
esko

you can get your health insurance from mutual benefits or aiico insurance plc. I got mine from mutual benefits at ilupeju, opposite zain office and its 30,500 as at when i did mine which is june 2011. Congrats on your admission to uni of helsinki. U can drop your email lemme contact you. Got to info to tell you.
Choose4me,
God will definitely see you guys through and by his grace, he will do it for you. I'll advice you guys also to consider doing IELTS(thats what i did), because its cheaper and is also an equivalent to toefl and also when you will be sending your docs to the school, its just for you to photocopy your IELTS result slip and attach to the other docs unlike toefl, you will contact them to send it directly to the school for an additional fee. Its just my own views, and as people may say, its more easier to pass than toefl. Peace
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ esko,overloved has said it all, @ overloved,thanks bro, Best of Luck to u 2
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
@overloved thanks for the info,was kinda confused about the insurance thing when i read about it,, u re right,IELTS is much better cos u only hav to make a copy of result nd send to skul of ur choice,my exam(IELTS) wil comup in Nov,couldn't get an earlier date cos dey were filldup,.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
@overloved and all, thanks a lot. I already have an IELTS result and other qualifications including work experience and publications in international journal to get d admission. Yet it wasn't easy as I had to forward my research proposal to expert professors to assess. It was after many months of preliminary diagnosis that they finally sent me my acceptance letter including the name of my supervisor on it. It seems Phd in Finland is purely research based and has no course content? Pls clarify and also advice on which form I should apply with and the required documents. Pm me via drikeji@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
@overloved and all, thanks a lot. I already have an IELTS result and other qualifications including work experience and publications in international journal to get d admission. Yet it wasn't easy as I had to forward my research proposal to expert professors to assess. It was after many months of preliminary diagnosis that they finally sent me my acceptance letter including the name of my supervisor on it. It seems Phd in Finland is purely research based and has no course content? Pls clarify and also advice on which form I should apply with and the required documents. Pm me via drikeji@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
Esko.

I have added you to my messenger.
and make sure that your ielts band score is up to d minimum accepted.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2011
@overloved, I browse with my phone most time and it doesn't have msnger. Dis u still dey hammer on d English requirement, is it now a prerequisite for visa? Thought its for admission? Well, I had above d required 6.0 overall band score though its older than d 2yrs validity but the school accepted it and gave me offer. I was expecting u to comment on those issues I raised concerning which form to use when applying and the listing of d necessary documents and the required size/quality of passport photograph. Pls respond even thru my email posted above. Tnx
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
esko

in my own view, it will be a prerequisite when applying for your resident permit if its what you used in applying for ur admission. I dont understand what yo are talking about forms. Do you mean forms for applying for your resident permit or what? B specific
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Royalclass: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2011
@all I will like to know the schools in Finland that offers undergraduate programs in English and have their entrance exams taken at Ghana. I have tried googling different schools and i have not been able to come up with anyone. I have only being able to find schools that offer undergraduate programs in English and take their entrance exams in Europe.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by nusdog: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
@choose4me

Pls, I'll to ask a personal question. Kindly send me a link on nusdog2001@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
@Royal, all uas in Finland offers undergraduate courses in english and älmost all organizes entrance in ghana via the finnips network but this takes place in April every year, So you either wait till then(autumn 2012) or have your entrance in europe cuz its the spring application that wil open on 29th august @ nusdog, ok,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2011
@ all, the reason I started this thread is to get success stories of our bros and sis that successfully secured their permits and at the same time inform others on how to study in finland, Guys abeg com€ back here to share your succeßs stories oo, God forbid the other way round, Eitherway mek una try come here mek we no as he de go
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ahmedoguns: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
is the thing real, if na so,i am interestd oooooooooooooooo, link me toooooooooooo
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 13, 2011
ahmedoguns:

is the thing real, if na so,i am interestd oooooooooooooooo, link me toooooooooooo

you're in bro and yea its real, Read through to get ready for January application,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by dloy(m): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2011
@CHOOSE4ME

what subject will be tested in ghana for medical students?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by dloy(m): 4:54am On Aug 14, 2011
@Esko

pls,where do u av ur entrance exam for university of helsinki*(my dream skul)?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2011
dloy:

@CHOOSE4ME

what subject will be tested in ghana for medical students?

For medical students(nursing), You will be tested on English,Phy or chem(you choose) and I think some maths and you study a pre reading material,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Toluth(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2011
Thanks all, you guys are really helping, pls which one is better to take in those tests, internet based test or paper based test, thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2011
@ toluth, if you are talking about TOEFL then you can only take iBT cuz I dont think you can take PBT here in Nigeriä, so you need to be moderately fast at typing to take ibt since its on a computer.If you really wanna write then try IELTS, its ur choice bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / "Slow Down, Bomb Ahead": Signpost Spotted In Bauchi / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.