Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50174 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by otapiapia: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2011
@overloved, I am sorry for my belated reply to ur email to me, I saw it and network or yahoo site has been bad in my phone. I will certainly reply u soon. @dloy, I didn't write any entrance exam for Helsinki as I'm going for PhD. Meanwhile, I had my interview on 11th August at the Finnish Embassy Abuja, then they gave me back my pspt and told me they'll send my application further to their home country for decision. Please, could some one tell me when to expect their email for my residence permit. My insurance cover and course start date is 5th september. Is it possible for them to decide on my application before that time so that I can travel before 5th sept.to attend d orientation course. Pls people that hav gotten their finnish residence permit as well as people who are well conversant with the process should please respond to this post urgently. Tnxd told me they'll send my application further to their home country for decision. Please, could some one tell me when to expect their email for my residence permit. My insurance cover and course start date is 5th september. Is it possible for them to decide on my application before that time so that I can travel before 5th sept.to attend d orientation course. Pls people that hav gotten their finnish residence permit as well as people who are well conversant with the process should please respond to this post urgently. Tnx
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by iiiyyyk(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
pls can someone explain to me how to register IELTS exam.
also where can i register and take the exam in port harcourt?
how much is the exam?
please i will also like to know how best to prepare for the exam privately and also how one can get relevant materials to prepare with.

Thanks so much for your answers im expecting.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
@iiiyyk

To register for the IELTS, the fee is 30,000 with a duely filled application form, 2passport photograph and ur intl passport. And d exam is also arranged in port-harcourt. The exam centre are not disclosed to candidate till about a week before the exam thats wen u will be notified and for the reading material, u can but it for 4000 naira at the british council.
Visit their website on www.ielts.britishcouncil.org and complete the online registration, after filling it, u will print it out and it will give you details of the preprequisite requirement and the address to pay and submit the printed form. I hope i helped you
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by otapiapia: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2011
TOEFL or IETLS?

1. Which is more cost-effective? As in having more nearby exam centres?

2. Which has a more simple structure, and easier to pass?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2011
otapiapia:

TOEFL or IETLS?

1. Which is more cost-effective? As in having more nearby exam centres?

2. Which has a more simple structure, and easier to pass?

TOEFL has more test centres but more expensive.Goes for around 34k upwards depending on how you go about the registration, Most say IELTS is easier to pass, They both have thesame structure, But TOEFL is internet based while you write IELTS on paper.So it depends mostly on you,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 4:32am On Aug 19, 2011
@overloved,choose4me and other leaders&pilots of Finland segment threads, pls respond to my question above, let me know how 2plan my movement bc I already hav my turkish visa expiring 11th sept. And I needed to get a decision for d Finland b4 then so dat I can head straight to study in Finland and abandon d turkish/TRNC option. Pls respond to me all u'v read as I'v explained even in other threads which u are equally watching, over same puzzle.tnx
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2011
@esko,whät do you meän by your visä will expire by 11th sept.does that mean you wil need to reapply if you dont travel with it? Im sure Finnish embasy wil get back to you before the last day of your arrival at your school? do you know when that is?? The embasy knows so i think you wil know what to do before 11th, Tho you might have a short time, others can contribute
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2011
@ esko.

The average processing time for the finnish embassy to process resident permit application is 8 weeks. Since you've already done your interview on the 11th of aug, its not a guarantee that you will receive their decision before your studies starts but they try their best in replying to you. This is the busiest time of the year because over 4,000 students are applying for a resident permit and they are processed based on the order of arrival. I know of people that theirs is going to about 8 weeks now and no reply yet and they ar suppose to start their studies by the end of aug. I'll advice you should mail your uni and ask them the last date of arrival so you can arrange yourself well and besides, what do you mean by you have a turkish visa?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2011
@ overloved,he has a turkish visa that grantß him entrance into cyprus, he is trying to decide on where to go, finland or cyprus, the promptnesß of the finnißh embassy wil decide
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
@choose4me, tnx 4ur undstanding of d matter, u really knw d terrain very well from d way u answered and clearified d issue to overloved. Indeed, my school commences on August ending and orientation ends 5th September so I am beliving God to get a decision b4 that 5th so dat if positive, I go to Finland, if otherwise (GOD forbid), then I will still meet up 2travel d other way. In case my turkish visa expires, I would be required to reapply to travel 2Turkey but my fear is my chance of being given another visa by turkish embassy when I didn't use d first visa till it expired, because I learnt that some embassy frawn at such and may blatantly refuse visa in such cases that's why I need quality advice from people dat know well or have been in such situations before. @overloved, if u are 100% sure Finland embassy accepts u to courier back ur passport for d residence permit once approved, I think dat wil be my best bet so dat I can travel 2trnc if no decision comes b4 1st or 2nd week of september. Then once I am notified of approval, I could courier my passport from TRNC to Finnish Embassy Abuja (to and fro) for d permit. When it gets bak to me in Trnc, I would then move frm there to Finland. Hope this is obtainable? Pls @overloved, choose4me and others "respodez s'il vous plait et soyez bennise". Merçi
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
Na why you chose too study nursing?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ esko.

Well, based on what you just said, i will advice that you should not make that move unless you can satisfy some of these reasons.

1. If you travel to TRNC and the finnish embassy then require you to send an updated bank statement of your account and maybe your sponsor financial document and evidence of source of the 6000euro for verification, can you provided it from there?
2. If it turns out the other way round(God forbid) will you appeal against it or forget it? Because your presence will be needed at the embassy in case of an appeal.
3. If you are granted the resident permit, wont it be an additional espenses for you to prepare and move all over to finland again from your current location? And lastly,
4. Will it be an incoveniency to you if you wait here for the finnish embassy to make a decision on your application?

If you have a good arrangement for all these, then i think you are good to go and also, the finnish embassy use the postage method when given out RP. You dont need to be present at the embassy for your permit, you will send your passport via postage and it will be returned to you also through that format.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
@overloved, I must thank you for your generosity in the last post, indeed it's full of detail and I must try to answer all. 1. For your question number 1, I want to answer that they have already confirmed my the presence of 6000 euro in my account and would require no further update (I had over 2million in the statement of account I gave them but they gave me a consent form to fill authorizing them to get the history of that account till that day of interview because they have to make findings before sending the application package further to their country for decision, then they asked me to tell them the exact amount as at that day if I were the genuine owner of the account and I was accurate, at least still more than 6000euro and it is still like that till date as I am not withdrawing from that account again) so I do not think they would need any update again, even if they do, you see they can go ahead and contact my bank that wrote them a refernce letter directly.
on question 2, if I would appeal in case of negative decision, I never thought about that and would like to be properly educated about that option for any one who encounters that. Can you appeal immediately and what are the steps? pls educate so that I would know which area to be praying on.
on question 3, whether it would not be an extra expenses to move further to Finland from my "current location" TRNC, Indeed, it will be but I am prepared to handle that because the mistake had already been done as I had made my tuition payment to TRNC before my Finland school finally found a supervisor for me after I had almost lost hope of their admission as it was about a year I made the application for the study.
on question 4, if it will inconvenience me to wait here for the Finnish decision before moving- Indeed, I am in dilenma because I fear if I wait here until after the Finnish decision and my Turkish visa expires, then the decision turns the other way round, I would have lost the turkish visa on expiration and would be required to re-apply which may not be comfortable with them to re-issue as I failed to make the trip the last time I was given. But if I have assurance from the school or a reliable source that the Turkish embassy will 100% sure give me another visa, I think I would gladly wait for the Finnish own. One thing I don't want is to lose both now that I have already packed my bags, paid my tuition and given myself a deadline to complete my study and receive my degree, that is why I said I could handle traveling first to TRNC, then see things for myself and jet out to Finland if positive and they accept the courier system, in that case I would be sure, study must commence now. Meanwhile, you didn't give me the link to confirm the courier system for the Finland permit after approval.
Well, I have taken considerable time to explain so that you or any other person would know where and how to assist me with useful guide. May God bless you for your concern, its really not easy to be humanitarian to the core even when not remunerated or appreciated.God bless you and I hope to continue reading from you until my prayer is answered and I roll out my drums in celebration.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
@esko,overloved has spoken ma mind, but here is my advise, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, Do your best to delay as much ás you can but make sure your Turkish Visa DOES not expire.You wil not get another one because you wil not häve a genuine reason to be issued a new one.You can defer your finnish admission and cross over from cyprus next year, eitherway try to delay, thats my 2 cents @esko,overloved has spoken ma mind, but here is my advise, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, Do your best to delay as much ás you can but make sure your Turkish Visa DOES not expire.You wil not get another one because you wil not häve a genuine reason to be issued a new one.You can defer your finnish admission and cross over from cyprus next year, eitherway try to delay, thats my 2 cents
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
@choose4me, Do you know God is speaking through you. There could be no better advice than this and I can't hesitate to accept it to tow that direction while I pray that the decision could even come before then. I have made up my mind not to stay beyond 11th september if I could be lucky to see flight that that will fly to Ercan TRNC that day. Talking of deferring the Finnish own if positive, its not even going to be the case as I can start any time with an approval from my supervisor since it is purely research based and has no classroom lecture format. Hence, I wanted to take advantage of, and make good use of the two opportunities if they both work, then get class room course trainning from TRNC school for few months and continue with my research in Finland with my supervisor which could even give me the opportunity of coming in to trnc from time to time since the Finland is free (ie. shuttling between the two, who knows, I may get 2 Phd from both schools at the end of the day). Are you aware whether the Finland embassy accepts passports through courier for visa if you'd attended interview and your application has been approved as someone confirmed here? If that is the case, then I have nothing to worry about as I can move 1st week of september to trnc with or without the finnish decision knowing, I can courier it down to abuja from there once they approved it possibly. Once again thank you very much for your unflinching support and guidance.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
@esko.

Check ur email box
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ Esko,

I didnt know you are allowed to start anytime, In that case the problem is solved, Move to Cyprus jare and wait for the finnish embassy, Yes its true what overloved said, If decision is positive you will be notified via email to send some documents(if needed) and a pre paid self addressed courier service so your passport will go and come back to you, If the other way round,you will be asked to come for your appeal letter and reason for denial, So its best you move to cyprus and wait for a positive decision, And if its vice versa( God FORBID) then bone the appeal stuff,wait and couple of months and apply again FROM cyprus with the right documents.Im sure you would easily get it then, The good thing is you can start anytime so you are good to go jare, Its ma opinion,

God is speaking through me WOW, Me na Sinner oo, Mek God help me!, Take Care bro, All the best!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 1:24am On Aug 20, 2011
@choose4me, tnx a lot but God still speaks through any channel so don't under estimate urself bc of small small sin (lol), I will do as u said but God has d final say because he can turn things around for my gud evn before the stipulated time. If u sabi pray, please do oh. Tnx
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by yangz(m): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2011
Would like to know maybe i can use only my o'level result only for admission
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by yangz(m): 1:57am On Aug 20, 2011
Dis is my facebuk, arsene_kay@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 20, 2011
@ esko, yea you are right, I only said my own and Im glad it made some sense to you.lets wait.and see what God will do.OK ooo, God go forgive us, Everyone in this thread is in ma prayers including You!, We need success stories abeg!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by kolajoo(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact for more inquiry/booking.
skiestravel@pacificwest.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by esko: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2011
@choose4me, how do I make my booking now to Ercan Trnc? Do flights leave every day from Nigeria to Turkey or they have alternative days of departure? I have checked their website and can not find any phone contact to enquire how they do the booking since I am based in the South eastern Nigeria and can only get to Abuja or Lagos, one or 2 days before my departure hence, I would need to book now through which means? (bank draft or what? to who and how? hope they would not make any mistake and one gets to the airport and be told your name is not in their database) Also, I learnt they allow 50kg space for each traveler, then how do I measure my bags before getting to the airport so as not to be dissapointed? In case I need extra kilo space, who knows how to go about it? pls reply
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2011
@esko,Im sorry I dont know much äbout flight stuff, Check th€ north cyprus thr€ad, wip should be able to help, You wil surely get help on that thread
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by stcharmer: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
@chooseme, i have been reading your post and i really appreciate your help, please i want to study in finland and i have already spoken to the school samk, but i need proper clerification which is , i want to study business course and i have 7 credit in waec and i'm hoping to do the ielts or toefl by 3 of september, i need to know the other requirement apart from my qualification and the english proficiency, what more certificate will i need to send to the school and as for their entrance examination,they conduct it online using skype which is fine by me and apart from accomodation and ticket will i need to pay any other extra fee like admission or visa fee or documentation.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
@stc, if not for the wa€c you mentioned i would have argued you are not a nigerian, back to the question, did sämk tell you they conduct eNtränce exäm via $kype?? I've never heard that before oo.and which application period is that.as far as i know the next application period is 29th August but its a few school that does it and entrance is only in europe, so the next application period that I think you can get in is in january.your waec is ok.all you need more is your toefl 79 or ielts 6.0`.by the way its not poßsible for you to write either in september if you have not already regißtered.try doing that asap.no fee attached except for the €50 you pay at the exam center in ghana
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by capiti: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
@choose4me Samk exam is done via the internet if u are an applicant from abroad according to their website.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2011
@ capiti, yea you're right, I säw it töo, Good then.Ther€ is a chance for guys then thät is if you alreädy have your toefl/ielts ready, I dont think samk has disçretionary admission,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by mbatuku1: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
@capiti

i'm still awaiting your reply to my mail. excan
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by adejossy: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
I'm interested.I need the details and the expensess break-down.joshuaadeboye7@gmail.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by adejossy: 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
I'm interested against next year January application,pls send the details to my e-mail joshuaadeboye7@gmail.com.Also i need info on how to register my TOEFL or IELTS.Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / "Slow Down, Bomb Ahead": Signpost Spotted In Bauchi / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62