Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Santa Vs. God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Santa Vs. God (4281 Views)

Muslim Dressed As 'Santa Claus' In Sokoto Praying (photo) / Goodluck Jonathan Vs God / God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2011
Stark similarities between Santa Clause (Father Christmas) and the Christian god

1. They both were once living historical HUMAN figures
Santa: St. Nicholas
Christian god: some carpenter dude named jesus of nazareth

2. They both have been depicted in pictures and paintings as old WHITE men with long beards

3. They both are generally indoctrinated taught by parents to children from early childhood

4. They both make weird demands
Santa: cookies
Christian god: sacrifices and TITHES

5. They both have servants and helpers
Santa: elves
Christian god: angels

6. They both are said to reward virtue and punish evil
Santa: gifts or no gifts
Christian god: spend eternity massaging his ego with eternal praise and worship or get fried in his fiery torture chamber

7. They both have songs people sing about them

8. They both keep a list of who's naughty and who's nice, and are both supernatural beings who constantly watch over you

9. They never return calls

And last but not the least. . .

. . .the obvious

10. THEY'RE BOTH IMAGINARY

[img]http://sangrea.net/free-cartoons/relig_santa&god.jpg[/img]
Re: Santa Vs. God by InesQor(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2011
Typical Mudley313 thread. Let me jump in for the comical relief.  grin

Mudley313:

Stark similarities between Santa Clause (Father Christmas) and the Christian god
Bush boy. It's Claus not Clause. It's God not god.

1. They both were once living historical HUMAN figures
Santa: St. Nicholas
Christian god: some carpenter dude named jesus of nazareth
Is Santa Claus the same person as St Nicholas, the way Jesus is the "Christian God"?

2. They both have been depicted in pictures and paintings as old WHITE men with long beards
Is that so?
St Nicholas (Bishop of Myra) is illustrated here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas. Compare to Santa Claus whose known caricature is UNIFORM and was popularized by Thomas Nast in 19th century here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
There are various illustrations of God the Father here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_the_Father and all are dissimilar. At least none of the beards have equal form with Claus' beard, and NOT all the illustrations make the Father out as an old man. So which one did you compare to Thomas Nast's Santa Claus so we can compare and make sure you are not lying?

3. They both are generally indoctrinated taught by parents to children from early childhood
Ballpark claim. Generally? Please provide statistics.

4. They both make weird demands
Santa: cookies
Christian god: sacrifices and TITHES
This is a lie. Santa according to the legends has NEVER demanded for cookies. Neither does the CHRISTIAN (not OT Jewish) God demand any sacrifices and tithes from anyone.

5. They both have servants and helpers
Santa: elves
Christian god: angels
And who doesn't have servants and helpers?  undecided

6. They both are said to reward virtue and punish evil
Santa: gifts or no gifts
Christian god: spend eternity massaging his ego with eternal praise and worship or get fried in his fiery torture chamber
This is a spurious comparison. I also reward virtue and punish evil. So you can add me to the list.

7. They both have songs people sing about them
Now this is sad. Jealous?  cry People only sing about great ones.

8. They both keep a list of who's naughty and who's nice, and are both supernatural beings who constantly watch over you
Another baseless comparison. School teachers also keep a list, and many supernatural beings can watch over anyone as they so please. Wait. You now believe in the supernatural? Hahaha.

9. They never return calls
cry Poor child. You called Santa and he never called back? And you go singing "Have you seen my childhood?"  grin
God returns calls anyway, except that you probably left your phone hanging off the hook, and your voicemail box was full years ago. Too bad.

And last but not the least. . .

. . .the obvious

10. THEY'RE BOTH IMAGINARY
Wanna prove this?
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2011
InesQor:

Typical Mudley313 thread. Let me jump in for the comical relief.  grin
yea. it's really a comic relief to see adults of supposedly sound mind possess the same absurd beliefs in fictional entities like their kid counterparts

i see. dishing out the usual christ-like personal insults just at line two. ever heard of the word "typographical error" aka "typo"? and God or god, neither changes the pronounciation nor make it any less imaginary, or do you think the capitalization makes your delusions somehow valid? and by the way, your father is the bush man

Is Santa Claus the same person as St Nicholas, the way Jesus is the "Christian God"?
was that my point douche? the legend of santa grew out of the kindly christian saint called nicholas so did the legend of today's christian god grow out of some jewish acclaimed miracle working carpenter who was executed by the ruling romans like a common criminal

is that so?
St Nicholas (Bishop of Myra) is illustrated here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas. Compare to Santa Claus whose known caricature is UNIFORM and was popularized by Thomas Nast in 19th century here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
There are various illustrations of God the Father here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_the_Father and all are dissimilar. At least none of the beards have equal form with Claus' beard, and NOT all the illustrations make the Father out as an old man. So which one did you compare to Thomas Nast's Santa Claus so we can compare and make sure you are not lying?
dude, quit trying to be a smartass, it just makes you look unecessarily desperate

This is a lie. Santa according to the legends has NEVER demanded for cookies. Neither does the CHRISTIAN (not OT Jewish) God demand any sacrifices and tithes from anyone.
doesn't negate the fact that people bake cookies for santa during christmas. oh, and i never knew OT jewish god was supposed to be a different god/entity from the christian god. oh, i forgot, only when it suits you guy's warped delusions

And who doesn't have servants and helpers?  undecided
doesn't change it from being one of the similarities between mythical bible god and fictional santa. and smh @ ALL-POWERFUL christian god needing servants and HELPERS

This is a spurious comparison. I also reward virtue and punish evil. So you can add me to the list.
no i won't. this is a comparison between santa and christian god, not an annonymous screenname on nairaland and these two fictional entities. atleast santa is way more nicer than that sadistic prick/genocidal maniac that is the christian god

Now this is sad. Jealous?  cry People only sing about great ones.
and fictional ones too; like santa and the imaginary god of the christians

Another baseless comparison. School teachers also keep a list, and many supernatural beings can watch over anyone as they so please. Wait. You now believe in the supernatural? Hahaha.
the fact that you crazies believe it to be supernatural like little kids believe santa to be as well doesn't make me any close to being that silly believing in myths and fairytale existences

God returns calls anyway
yea, and santa hops down chimneys to deliver gifts for children each christmas

Wanna prove this?
Re: Santa Vs. God by InesQor(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2011
Moron313: your father is the bush man

Moron313: was that my point douche?

etc.

grin LOL

Dont be so mad, I thought this thread was satire? So why are you defending it and foaming at the mouth? That's not how satire works! cheesy

Anyway sha I won't deign to grace the above post with any reply, I only felt like humoring you at first.

Outtie.  smiley
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 10:31am On Jan 04, 2011
^^^oh, so you were just expecting me to keep my hands folded or turn the other cheek when you decided to resort to personal insult/name callings eh? sorry, i don't get down like that smartarse

goodluck with worshiping your santa-like non-existent dead-and-rotten jewish carpenter of a god. atleast kids eventually grow out of their santa delusions. what excuse do you have as an adult?

and less i forget, your irresponsible dad is the one who's a certified m0ron

NEXT
Re: Santa Vs. God by InesQor(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2011
Less you forget, also make sure you get something like iespell wink

http://www.iespell.com/
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2011
InesQor:

right, because posting on an internet forum equates to writing a college term paper. sorry i don't take nairaland that seriously like you geeks
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^^hope you have asked your god for repentance for all the LIES you told last year on here; unless ofcourse you're just a pretend christian. most importantly, hope you find work soon so you don't spend all your life on nairaland like you did the whole of last year
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^hahaha. manmustwac where are u? U love to defend this ur boy that has refused to grow up. The number of pple that detests u on NL keeps growing. I can only imagine what u would be like in the real world. SMH
InesQor:

Oga, u are advising the wrong fellow. The muddled insanity boy wouldn't heed to ur advice
Re: Santa Vs. God by UyiIredia(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
A general comment on Mudley

SSMH >>> i sorry 4 you (onye ara) >>> continue talking like your mentors Mr Hitchens and Prof Dawkins (whom_ironically_aren't as dense as Mudley)  >>> they would be so proud of ya ! >>> they would be pleased to know that you are on a Nigerian discussion board >>> teaching deluded apes (i.e blacks) the light >>> after over 2 centuries of bigoted nonsense and filth >>> note however that religious/irreligious rigmaroles of your kind will get you nowhere >>> after all when you are dead and rotten >>> other rabid Mudleys will rise up to continue the menace they have become in the cyber world

Mudley313:

right, because posting on an internet forum equates to writing a college term paper. *1 sorry i don't take nairaland that seriously like you geeks

*1 >>> this guy should spend a few days with his fellow 'enlightened ones' >>> at RDFRS >>> see how they articulate themselves >>> take my advice *as M.I said* go boil stone wey go cure your sickness

*2 >>> i see >>> the over 1000 posts you have made *which more likely than not will equal a vast amount of vituperations*  prove this

Mudley313:

^^^^hope [b]you have asked your god for repentance for all the LIES [/b]you told last year on here; unless ofcourse you're just a pretend christian. most importantly, hope you find work soon so you don't spend all your life on nairaland like you did the whole of last year

hope you have done your daily checkup on that brain of yours that you treasure
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ toba. what are you calling the mods for again? you guys are the ones who pop up in all of my threads following my every post, veer off topic completely and start hauling insults even when i completely ignore you freaks

and you didn't answer my earlier questions. have you repented of all the LIES you told all over nairaland last year and have you made any efforts yet to look for a job so you don't waste all your life online like you did last year?
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
u better keep shut up mentalo. U were the first to cry to your biased atheist mod to come save your a.s.s from ridicule when u know u've falling as usual
Muddley not-so-smart person 313 on: Yesterday at 02:11:29 PM:

can u pls help me clean up this and my other threads from the derailing posts of these two freaks

So why are u foaming dust from the mouth?

^^^ @ uyi. This one don too much naaa. The muddled insanity will go maaaaaaaasaaaaad completely. loooooooooool
Re: Santa Vs. God by UyiIredia(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ Mudley's last post >>> okay

@ toba >>> i want to see how thick Mudley's skin is ? >>> he has is presently the only one on my radar of those to scapegoat
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ 'scapegoat'

I will encourage u to continue cos he deserves it for being a nuisance all through 2010 in the religion section
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ toba. have you repented of your LIES or not?

1. you dubiously made an alias 'jesus' last year and even after being caught red handed decided to profusely deny it like the pathological liar that you are. atleast you were wise enough to stop using it after the exposure in order not to make a bigger fool of yourself

2. you falsely claimed to be a real estate agent when all you do is waste your jobless life on nairaland looking for friends to send you christmas cloths. were you trying to use that fake real estate agent claim to scam someone on here? or just to feel cool online

3. you falsely claim to be doing a PHD program in UNICAL (or UNIPORT) when you type like a high school drop out. did you think you were talking to kindergaten children when you made those false claims? or it's just part of your pathological lying nature

4. you falsely claim to have an ecowas passport full of foreign visas. that you travel back and forth abroad on the regular, when you have never even set foot on cotonou before. you see what poverty and a strong inferiority complex can do to a human being?

you claim to be a CHRISTIAN. why do you LIE so much

as for the other freak. i've long stopped bothering to even waste my time reading through his meaningless posts
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
Uyi pls post that cyber cartoon for the bush boy called mudley313 muddled insanity

Dont be so mad mudley 313, I thought this thread was satire? So why are you defending it[b] and foaming at the mouth?[/b] That's not how satire works

pls allow him  to foam as an im.be.c.ile
Re: Santa Vs. God by free123: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
U dont have to kill this guy, pls
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
free123:

U dont have to kill this guy, pls

He deserves it for being a nuisance. He wants to ridicule God but unfortunately hes being ridicled . too bad
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
moderator well done. Your boy cried to u as usual and ur hand is felt already. Try to be fair by deleting the post of ur muddled insanity as well. like u did with uyi iredia's post
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
toba:

moderator well done. Your boy cried to u as usual and your hand is felt already. Try to be fair by deleting the post of your muddled insanity as well. like u did with uyi iredia's post
sharrap there. you were the one who decided to bump into my thread with childish insulting posts that has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread topic so answer the questions before anyone starts to take you any seriously in here. LIAR!

here you go again. let's see if you try to avoid them again this time
Mudley313:

@ toba. have you repented of your LIES or not?

1. you dubiously made an alias 'jesus' last year and even after being caught red handed decided to profusely deny it like the pathological liar that you are. atleast you were wise enough to stop using it after the exposure in order not to make a bigger fool of yourself

2. you falsely claimed to be a real estate agent when all you do is waste your jobless life on nairaland looking for friends to send you christmas cloths. were you trying to use that fake real estate agent claim to scam someone on here? or just to feel cool online

3. you falsely claim to be doing a PHD program in UNICAL (or UNIPORT) when you type like a high school drop out. did you think you were talking to kindergaten children when you made those false claims? or it's just part of your pathological lying nature

4. you falsely claim to have an ecowas passport full of foreign visas. that you travel back and forth abroad on the regular, when you have never even set foot on cotonou before. you see what poverty and a strong inferiority complex can do to a human being?

you claim to be a CHRISTIAN. why do you LIE so much

as for the other freak. i've long stopped bothering to even waste my time reading through his meaningless posts

Re: Santa Vs. God by manmustwac(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
toba:

He deserves it for being a nuisance. He wants to ridicule God but unfortunately hes being ridicled . too bad
So since you can't ridicule his questions and make him look stu.pid you decide to ridicule the guy instead? Which means there must be some truth in what he is saying since you guys ignore his questions.
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
manmustwac:

So since you can't ridicule his questions and make him look stu.pid you decide to ridicule the guy instead? Which means there must be some truth in what he is saying since you guys ignore his questions.

Ok i see. post #14 of your muddled insanity on this thread is also in alignment with the op?

If u say so, trust me to respond line by line  then your senior will have to come in here to settle the matter.
Re: Santa Vs. God by free123: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
I think this thread is abt Santa n God and not abt toba's alleged life
Re: Santa Vs. God by manmustwac(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
toba:

moderator well done. Your boy cried to u as usual and your hand is felt already. Try to be fair by deleting the post of your muddled insanity as well. like u did with uyi iredia's post
Actually i did delete mudley's last post before you got a chance to read it. Now mudley starts a topic. The topic is not directed at you or uyi personally but at all christians in general. Now this topic is satirical which you and uyi obviously find very offensive. Since the topic is not directed at you and uyi ( i mean the topic title dosen't say uyi and toba santa versus god and is not breaking any nairaland rules, you guys have no right to launch personal attacks on him. When i delete your insults which have nothing to do with the topic you will accuse me of being bias. JUST ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS AND MAKE HIM LOOK STU.PID. BUT IF YOU CAN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE. angry angry
Re: Santa Vs. God by free123: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
He has to start another thread on toba's life if he really wants toba to answer his questions
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
Mudley313:

sharrap there. you were the one who decided to bump into my thread with childish insulting posts that has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread topic so answer the questions before anyone starts to take you any seriously in here. LIAR!

here you go again. let's see if you try to avoid them again this time
ok i'll do just that

Mudley313:

you dubiously made an alias 'jesus' last year and even after being caught red handed decided to profusely deny it like the pathological liar that you are

Why are u foaming in the mouth like an imbe.c.ile? If i was guilty i should have been banned but no i wasnt cos i gave a detailed EXPLANATION to jesoul and Mukina2. so next?

Mudley313:

atleast you were wise enough to stop using it after the exposure in order not to make a bigger fool of yourself
U want to ridicule yourself and i'll help u do that. U are a proper mumu. Click on the handle and see whether its still active or not. The rightful owner of the forum name still uses. next?

Mudley313:

you falsely claimed to be a real estate agent when all you do is waste your jobless life on nairaland looking for friends to send you christmas cloths. were you trying to use that fake real estate agent claim to scam someone on here? or just to feel cool online

I said u are an original mumu but u don't want to believe me. any claim(s) i make can be verified. Kindly visit the properties section and see numerous adverts that i have posted in which i got responses. note my office number is also posted on some of the threads. So next muddled insanity?

Mudley313:

you falsely claim to be doing a PHD program in UNICAL (or UNIPORT) when you type like a high school drop out. did you think you were talking to kindergaten children when you made those false claims? or it's just part of your pathological lying nature
I cant help but laugh. U make claims that u cant back up with any tangible evidence. U claimed to be studying in Germany or USa right?

what about this?

Mudley313 on: April 10, 2010, 12:41 AM]
and if your chat wit dis guy is so important dat u need to try n see reason wit your husband to allow continue dis, then there's sumthin wrong sumwhere
[/quote]
What is the sensible message u were trying to get across at the bolded
and on this your thread u did this

Mudley313 on Yesterday at 04:24:50 PM
    and got this response

what kind of description can u give your self?

[quote author=free123:

I think this thread is abt Santa n God and not abt toba's alleged life

I will rest for now but if u are not satisfied, call me i'll give u more
Re: Santa Vs. God by UyiIredia(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2011
which kain mod be dis >>> see f*** up o !!! >>> na only insult you see >>> you didn't bother to look at my answer to his 'question'  >>> in fact you should be voted out of mod position - House  angry
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
manmustwac:

Actually i did delete mudley's last post before you got a chance to read it. Now mudley starts a topic. The topic is not directed at you or uyi personally but at all christians in general. Now this topic is satirical which you and uyi obviously find very offensive. Since the topic is not directed at you and uyi ( i mean the topic title dosen't say uyi and toba santa versus god and is not breaking any nairaland rules, you guys have no right to launch personal attacks on him. When i delete your insults which have nothing to do with the topic you will accuse me of being bias. JUST ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS AND MAKE HIM LOOK STU.PID. BUT IF YOU CAN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE. angry angry

ok so according to you post #15 wasn't directed to me right and its part of the op?  Anyway, i have responded. He started and i'll give it to him as usual
Re: Santa Vs. God by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

which kain mod be dis >>> see f*** up o !!! >>> na only insult you see >>> you didn't bother to look at my answer to his 'question'  >>> in fact you should be voted out of mod position - House  angry
don't worry. he proven himself to be biased. check out my last response to his post above. Hes talking about derailing the thread, but post #15 is part of the thread according to him. I'll go invite his seniors to see how he adjudicate on matters
Re: Santa Vs. God by UyiIredia(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2011
thank you jare >>> look at his post here
Re: Santa Vs. God by Mudley313: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
and all your childish insultive rants laced with expletives is not against forum rules?

i see you conveniently left out your PHD and ecowas passport claims in your reply while completely deviating into your usual childish rants and raining of insults and still openly lying about your fake jesus id and your false real estate agent claims. christian ni, christian ko

well, i will leave you to your own folly. your mates are busy out working for a living taking care of homes and family and you're here fooling yourself by wasting your life bickering back and forth on the internet like your life depended on it. after you go say na home trouble

atleast uyi is a student trying to better himself with an education. what's your excuse?
Re: Santa Vs. God by UyiIredia(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2011
In Further Defence Of My Post

i gave 3 crucial points that i decided were pertinent to issues raised >>> not questions asked

* a deluded freak decides that the universe has a purpose and therefore a designer (the birth of a new religion)
* a cognitive dissonance as to regards to the question of why the universe exists (the folly of science)
* man embraces a morality solely based on his selfish wants, which includes altruism (the inevitability of anarchy)

in the first i was thinking of the fact that religion is inevitable >>> anyway you look at it >>> even an 'irreligious' society isn't devoid of religion >>> or if devoid will most likely evolve one

in the second i was thinking of the much debated first cause principle made famous by Thomas Aquinas >>> i must say that i do believe in infinite regressions

in the third i was attacking a flaw in Dawkins' argument plea that implies that altruism is the foundation of morality

now, mr manmustwac >>> tell me if that is not answering 'questions'

Mudley313:

and all your childish insultive rants laced with expletives is not against forum rules?

i see you conveniently left out your PHD and ecowas passport claims in your reply while completely deviating into your usual childish rants and raining of insults and still openly lying about your fake jesus id and your false real estate agent claims. christian ni, christian ko

well, i will leave you to your own folly. your mates are busy out working for a living taking care of homes and family and you're here fooling yourself by wasting your life bickering back and forth on the internet like your life depended on it. after you go say na home trouble

atleast uyi is a student trying to better himself with an education. what's your excuse?

SMH

[center][/center]

(1) (2)

The Nature/character Of Temptation. / Why Jon Snow Is Better Than Jesus / Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.