Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. (6147 Views)

'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / I Want To Divorce My Husband. Can I Get Married Again? / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Is divorce biblical??
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by apolonius(m): 1:50am On Jul 22, 2014
The issues you raised are too general for helpful pieces of advice. What exactly is her family doing to you?Beyond ridiculing on the phone in the presence of her siblings,in what other specific ways is she not defending your interests?What are her own complaints about you and the union?

Marriage to someone is not a must,but we should be careful in rushing into a divorce over things that can be easily settled.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by 5minsmadness: 2:57am On Jul 22, 2014
IyaBasira: When a woman posted problems that she was having with her husband, everyone was screaming at her , asking her what she had done wrong.
Now a guy is posting problems with his wife and everyone is saying "pele ooo".

@ Poster ; What happened to cause the seperation? In - laws can be nasty at times but leave that side of them trying to ruin you for now. Why did you seperate from your wife?
Iyabasira I'm interested in the example you just gave because I doubt its authenticity. Give me a link yo the post where you said everyone was screaming on the woman!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by 5minsmadness: 3:00am On Jul 22, 2014
jennykadry: ^^ Why do I feel you contributed a big chunk of trash to your marital issues?

Why are you playing the victim ? You are yet to tell us one single thing you've done to your wife?you cannot tell us you've not wronged her directly or indirectly. All you've done is tell us how "humble, Godfearing ,loving caring " you are.

You have not told us the real story, people ask you questions and you just keep going in circles.

Mr man go and work on your marriage and take your eyes off that gurl outside that is turning your brain upside down.
Absolute rubbish! A biased female if ever there was one!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by 5minsmadness: 3:06am On Jul 22, 2014
See all of them looking for what the op did wrong because according to them men are always the guilty party, men are always the beasts. Spits! If it was a woman now they'll be encouraging her and telling her to leave the marriage yet when they advice you lot on how to take care of your man you won't listen. You say you fight for gender equality, gender equality my lickitty black ass!
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by 5minsmadness: 3:17am On Jul 22, 2014
knowledge4: OP
Seems that you are not telling the whole truth.
A 5 year old marriage crashing is not a good testimony.
You mean that you did nothing wrong and she left like that?
Before i can contribute,may i ask some 'silly' questions?

Was it a proper marriage? I mean, did you pay her dowry in full?
Did her parents willingly support the marriage or was there any opposition from them?
Or was it a 'mistake pregnancy' that transformed into marriage? Have you fulfilled all traditional obligations to her family?
When she left,what was the immediate problem that surrounded her departure?
When she left,what was your reaction? Did you inform her parents? What was their response?
what efforts have you made to reconcile since she left?
have you gone for marital counselling?
For how long was the courtship before marriage?
Was she working or a housewife?
Did you promise her a heaven on earth in marriage to entice her to marry her?
Did you make promises you could not fulfil?
What annoys her?
What annoys you?
Were you always at loggerheads in the marriage?
Did you really understand her before you married her?
Are you from a polygamous background?
Is she?
When you married her,did you have the idea in your heart that divorce is an option if necessary?
You are the complainant now and we have not heard from the other party.
Nevertheless,to give a more reasonable counsel that can benefit the marriage, even in the absence of her side of the matter,we need more details of the relationship.When a marriage crashes,the two partners are directly responsible,not one.In fact,the husband has the larger share even though not his fault.She remains innocent until otherwise proven
Please shed more light.Pending your response,please kill the thought of divorce that you are already nursing in your heart.Personally, i do not support divorce on any ground,no matter how bad the relationship.
What is the essense of these 'silly' questions?
If he didn't pay the dowry in full why did the woman still agree to go with him?
If her parents objected to the marriage nko? Why did she still agree to marry him?
Are mistake pregnancies done by one person? Or you think the woman can't mistakenly get pregnant to ensnare a good man?
Is it only men that make promises of heaven on earth? What of women that pretend to be humble simply because you have money then turn to devils immediately the marriage bond is done? What of lazy women that don't want to work cos husband is very rich? Or they don't exist in your world?
Did she make promises she could not fulfil?

And at the bolded....absolute fucking rubbish. The guilty party is to blame, end of story. Enough spoonfeeding women on this forum its damn sickening!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. by Kanwulia: 4:18am On Jul 22, 2014
The main reason I don't encourage in-laws in my home or allow my siblings to fraternize with my husband!
I don't do "village square" gatherings! kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. / 40 Reasons Why You Should Marry A Nigerian Man As a Nigerian woman. / Two Wonderful Experiences You Had As A Teenager....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.