Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? (6508 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Picking Ripe And Unripe Plantain In A Dream? / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by UyiIredia(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
People name to define essence. They name to give themselves an identity. I, for example, chose to use my real name, cuz I wanted to be me on Nairaland. I envisaged a possible situation where I chance a fellow Nairalander in real life and i can articulate my opinions, beliefs, lifestyle etc. Without hiding behind an alias as people tend to. i want to keep it real and be truthful about myself as much as i can be *not to worry i've considered privacy issues and i'm, nevertheless, cool with my stance*

Amongst the intersting people I have happened upon in Nairaland. i have been able to surmise the basis of the profile names of a few who have impressed me

[list]
[li]Mudley >>> need no introductions. his business is to meddle, muddle and puzzle you into atheism >>> a black sheep who is proud of it[/li]
[li]Deep Sight >>> truly a temple of peace >>> the way he articulates even the title of any of Deep Sight's topics (and his typically long but educative posts) give away his mental sharpness >>> he seems to be something of an eclectic *i would describe myself as an intellectual butterfly*[/li]
[li]thehomer >>> calm mien >>> i think he better effuses the 'temple of peace' description >>> but i wonder whether he culled his name from the poet Homer or as a means of describing himself as someone who goes straight to the point[/li]
[/list]

My question(s) to you is this : What Is The Reason behind Your Profile Name ?
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by thweraja10: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
my profile name on nairaland came as a mistake. The name i wanted to use was my nick name in secondary school in the process of registering i made some error in the username thats why i got thweraja10
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by UyiIredia(m): 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
grin >>> so what was this nick name
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by free123: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
I chose free123 cos i wanted free many people from the shackles of false religion
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
thweraja10:

my profile name on nairaland came as a mistake. The name i wanted to use was my nick name in secondary school in the process of registering i made some error in the username thats why i got     thweraja10
mine is a bit similar  with yours. In 2006, i was thinking of couple of things. l searched for something online through google and one of the results came from Nairaland. l clicked and found what i liked on the section(Satellite technology) Hence i chose to register. Tried many names but many had been used, so i opted for my middle name toba.
In full it could be oloruntoba or oloruntobiloba.
1st meaning God is a king
2nd meaning God is big  as a king
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by mabell: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
mine is a latin name meaning[b] loveable[/b] or beloved
i want the whole world to know me as someone loved of God and that;s why i flaunt my name
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
^ is mabell ur real name or just for the forum
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Kay17: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
Kay from kayode and my favourite num and birth date 17
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
How religious is this thread?
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:26am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenwitemi: - The one who insists on saying his own piece right in the face of god himself with absolutely no fear.
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by manmustwac(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2011
despite all our differences the one thing we all have in common and MUST! agree with is that man must wack  cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Ymodulus: 2:01am On Jan 05, 2011
Ymodulus- the young scientist and religious atheist who tells people straight to there face that an A is an A.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Ymodulus: 2:01am On Jan 05, 2011
Ymodulus- the young scientist and religious atheist who tells people straight to there face that an A is an A.
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by Rhino5dm: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2011
Am a professional 3D modeler/consultant  cheesy numero uno!
Rhino.3dm>>Rhino.4dm>>Rhino.5dm are cull from a name of Computer Aided Design package "Rhinoceros". with this packge even  a goat will surely know how to draft,model and do some powerful engineering designs and reverse engineering. no previous CAD software required.  the command are in simple english and the flexibity is the best so far. cheesy

for me this is the best thing has/will happen to the world of engineering and architecture. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Read on. ,

To be an effective designer today, you need tools to quickly develop your designs and accurately communicate them to everyone in the product research, development, marketing, and manufacturing or construction process.

Start with a sketch, drawing, physical model, scan data, or only an idea—Rhino provides the tools to accurately model and document your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing or construction.

Rhino can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids with no limits on complexity, degree, or size. Rhino also supports polygon meshes and point clouds. Rhino offers:

Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling. Tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Accurately model any shape you can imagine.

Extreme precision. Design, prototype, engineer, analyze, document, and manufacture anything of any size no matter how small or how large.

Unrestricted editing. Revise freely without concern about how you got there or where you want to go next.

2-D drafting, annotation, and illustration. In addition, flatten 3-D surfaces into 2-D patterns and drive laser, plasma, and water jet cutters.

Large project organization. Work with both large models and large teams.

Compatibility. Exchange files with your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.

File read and repair. Fix extremely challenging IGES and mesh files.

Direct connection. Support for wide variety of 3-D digitizing arms, 3-D scanners, and 3-D printers.

Customization. Easy-to-use tools let both you and software developers make Rhino fit your special needs.

Short learning curve. Focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.

Speed. Even on an ordinary laptop computer Rhino is fast. No special hardware is required.

Affordability. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees. Worldwide support is included.

http://www.rhino3d.com/
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by DeepSight(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
Wow, Uyi, your compliments are too kind for me. . .many people on this Forum would tell you I am the spawn of satan itself, lol.

Interesting thread. I've always obsessed with seeing inside, or into things. For this reason I have a brand name called Inc'is, which is a slightly corrupted version of the latin form for incision, incisive. . . I like incision because it connotes a cut - when you can cut into something, and see its inside parts. For these reasons I was going to register as "Insight" or something of the sort, as I thought the mission for me on such a forum should be to pursue that inner and elusive truth which seems sometimes hidden from the surface. When we commit ourselves to going beneath the surface, the prayer would be that as we proceed deeper and deeper, we would have deep sight.

So this is a pursuit, a prayer, a thirst for the elusive.

For truth.
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by mazaje(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
Mazaje is a hausa word that means "Strong man". . . . . wink
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by PLASOTLE: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
Are you Hausa? What part from?
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by UyiIredia(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
manmustwac:

despite all our differences the one thing we all have in common and MUST! agree with is that man must wack  cheesy

yes o ! man must wack >>> cheesy

@ toba, Deep Sight, and others >>> my humble thanks for your contribution *where's Mudley when you need him. i was thinking this will create ample opportunity for him to converse like a human being*

stevetboy9:

How religious is this thread?

names are important in religion as well >>> any religion needs a base to capture what it propagates , hence a name.
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by UyiIredia(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
MemORI lane things.
Re: The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? by GregJo: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
damn

(1) (Reply)

Tree 'where Witches Hold Meetings' In Agbor, Delta State 'refuses To Go Down' / Pastor Ajanaku Confirmed Dead, 27 Ogboni Fraternity Visit His Home / Should Students Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.