Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria (6391 Views)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / Share Your US(F1-Student) Visa Interview Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria by jagajaga01: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hello,

I would like to know what experiences people have had during their visa interview, especially when it comes to the sponsor question. I am trying to figure out who to use. If :

-  A "friend" might raise suspicion.
- "Aunt" might raise suspicion (will they ask you to prove this?)
- "God mother" (will they ask to prove?)
- "boyfriend"  (will obviously raise a flag!)

I have read the us immigration website and understand everything you need for apply for a visitors visa. But ultimately the decision is left to the interviewers discretion. I believe i fall into the most scrutinized group (26yr old SINGLE Nigerian female)  so i am being extra cautious.

I have had a job at an oil company for 1 year (3 yr contract), and have a very active account (i am also paying for my trip)  and a god mother willing to write me a letter
Re: Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria by dancewith: 7:11am On Jan 05, 2011
@Poster,

@ poster

I strongly suggest you tell the truth at all times. That way if you fail, your conscience will be clear and you would have the satisfaction you did your best.

If she is your God mother say so and confidently state you are going on vacation and wish to save money by staying in her house . You can also inform them you will stay there for a few days before heading to (mention two other tourist attractions) especially those not in the same state. That way you will show you have planned your journey and is a genuine tourist

Don't go with the assumption your age category is a disadvantage. You have a good job and they know it. Infact they will primarily want to know what you do and where you work, plus what you do there. These are routine questions but usually is what the visa officer relies on to make up his mind. The rest are incidental questions. My niece was 25 last year and she got 2yrs. She has been a banker for only a year at the time

Good luck
Re: Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria by jagajaga01: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2011
Thanks for your detailed answer! I feel a little more confident now.
Re: Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria by Gbenge77(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2011
Being single and also being in the age bracket of (18-30) may be a disadvantage but having a good job should make up for that. just be honest with them.those guys are to good to joke with.they can always figure out your intentions,somehow.my two cents
Re: Usa Visitors Visa: Interview Experience In Proving Ties With Nigeria by Sammyyeboah(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2016
Please my uncle who base in the state wants to give me invitation this yr Xmas...but am a student in the Nursing college ,my dad is a lawyer nd my mum owns a car shop my broder who has promised to be my sponsor is loan officer ,pls do i have a strong tie to boost the chance of gettin the visa? And what documents shuld i get ready to arrange for myself, because i lack travel history,though am having togo nd ivory cote stamp on my passport

(1) (Reply)

When Is A Plane Too Old To Fly? / Today Is World Tourism Day - Let's Celebrate Tourism In Nigeria / Near-Crash As Bird Strikes Abuja-Bound Dana Air Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.