Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad (33760 Views)

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It / Ex Gf Or Real Wife Abroad?advice Needed / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by plastymnim: 2:20am On Jan 05, 2011
A FRIEND OF MINE NEEDS COUNSELLING URGENTLY,THIS IS HIS STORY:
I NEED HELP.MY MARRIAGE IS ABOUT TO END.I AM A DEVOTED CHRISTIAN.
I BROUGHT MY WIFE ABROAD,TO START A BETTER LIFE,NOW SHE HAS HER STAY,SHE HAS
CHANGED COMPLETELY.I SPENT ALL MY SAVINGS AND EVEN BORROWED TO RELOCATE.
NOW SHE HAS ACCESS TO THE FAMILY FUNDS,BECAUSE SHE IS A SOLE SIGNATORY
TO THE ACCCOUNT DUE TO THE METHOD WE USED IN GETTING HER CITIZENSHIP.NOW SHE INSULTS ME
AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY,THREATENS TO TAKE THE CHILDREN FROM ME.ALL THIS IS BECAUSE SHE WANTS ME TO
LEAVE SO SHE CAN DO WHATEVR SHE LIKES WITH THE FAMILYS ACCOUNT.SHE SAYS I DONT HAVE
RIGHT OVER THE FAMILY ACCOUNT AND THAT SHE HAS PAID ME WHATEVER I SPENT
TO BRING HER ABROAD,I HAVE THOUGHT OF LEAVING HER BUT I
FEEL FOR MY CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL YOUNG,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.AND TO COMPOUND
THINGS MY PAPERS ARE STILL PENDING WITH THE HOME OFFICE .IF I DECIDE TO TAKE THE CHILDREN BACK TO NIGERIA
I FEAR FOR THEIR FUTURE ESPECIALLY NOW THINGS ARE WORST THAN BEFOR.WHAT DO I DO?SHOULD I JUST LEAVE
AND FORGET ABOUT THE MARRIAGE AND ALLOW HER TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN,WILL MY ACTIONS AFFECT THE CHILDREN LATER?
I TRIED TO IRON THINGS OUT BUT HER BEHAVIOUR IS GETTING WORST.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MrsEve2(f): 2:29am On Jan 05, 2011
Let me roll up some ganja, oh shit I can't sighs. Are there any ganja safe for child bearing women?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 2:29am On Jan 05, 2011
I wish Mobo444 my younger fan was here to address
this issue with you,

NEVER,

I mean NEVER, Try taking the rat outta the Hood cos you definately wont
be able to take the Hood outta that rat NEVER try it, cos most men regret it, ! angry angry angry
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Mygoldie(f): 2:30am On Jan 05, 2011
i dont smoke ganja,i would have ask you to offer me some angry tongue tongue
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MrsEve2(f): 2:33am On Jan 05, 2011
Mygoldie,

If I wasn't conceiving I would have rolled up a fat one. We picking out names now.

There gotta be something I can smoke before comprehending the OP question.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Dsense(m): 2:34am On Jan 05, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

Let me roll up some ganja, oh poo I can't sighs. Are there any ganja safe for child bearing women?
My wife has gone . . . , lipsrsealed grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Mygoldie(f): 2:34am On Jan 05, 2011
Pmsl

smoke a cigar then. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 2:36am On Jan 05, 2011
Eve smoke, Some dried TABA rolled in tomato sauce for a stat!!
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Mygoldie(f): 2:37am On Jan 05, 2011
hhahahaha grin grin grin winch ^^^
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 05, 2011
hahahaha I kinda feel sorry for the guy in question, and somehow I feel like laughing. Like seriously, girls back home are not any better. Its baffles me that men are always running back home to find a wife tongue People who have their lover there (gf/bf/husband/wife) is understandbale.

@poster, let him do everything but counselling, maybe it could work for him, but I have seen many cases that took a turn for the worse.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MrsEve2(f): 2:50am On Jan 05, 2011
190:

Eve smoke, Some dried TABA rolled in tomato sauce for a stat!!

May your kini shrivels up and crawl away angry
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 2:53am On Jan 05, 2011
rokiatu:

hahahaha I kinda feel sorry for the guy in question, and somehow I feel like laughing. Like seriously, girls back home are not any better. Its baffles me that men are always running back home to find a wife tongue People who have their lover there (gf/bf/husband/wife) is understandbale.

@poster, let him do everything but counselling, maybe it could work for him, but I have seen many cases that took a turn for the worse.

Like you're speaking from experience, isn't
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 2:55am On Jan 05, 2011
mscheww

Poster

DEPORT HER AZZ BACK HOME

By the tyme she climb's BANGA (PALM Tree) FOR 3WEEKS her eyes would clear

RUBBISH!!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 2:56am On Jan 05, 2011
Thats the problem when some guys believe they can import "angels" from home and live with in a foreign country.

My idea is get married to someone around you not some imported wife.

Do you know how many guys are actually regretting importing their women from home?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 05, 2011
Orton1_0:

Like you're speaking from experience, isn't
Even a blind man would know that grin cheesy grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 2:59am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Thats the problem when some guys believe they can import "angels" from home and live with in a foreign country.

My idea is get married to someone around you not some imported wife.

Do you know how many guys are actually regretting importing their women from home?

I guess people are starting to agree with MOBO444 here
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MrsEve2(f): 3:15am On Jan 05, 2011
Oh lawd!
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 05, 2011
@poster
if you lived abroad and overlooked all the available women to bring this monster back from home then you have only yourself to blame in this saga.
i hope you learned your lesson when wifey became WORST than the many women you must have known abroad but dismissed because you thought they were ¨too westernized¨.
lmao!!!!

if you just arrived
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 4:00am On Jan 05, 2011
I wonder why this doesn't work with Nigerians. Indians for example tend to go back home to marry, then carry their wife back here to live with them. I've never heard any stories about those Indian women acting out.

Hrm, maybe it only backfires for Nigerians if you import a woman much poorer than yourself, rather than someone from a similar educational background, etc?

Kinda interesting, though.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by kcjazz(m): 4:10am On Jan 05, 2011
@OP

How did your friend meet his wife? Is this an arranged marriage?
This happens every time but again there are success stories with people who have developed love for each other from day 1.

Reminds me of Sunny Neji's song titled "jagajaga" Woman wey good, e good o, woman wey bad, e bad o, e no matter whether na village abi na town e come from, I love that song
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:10am On Jan 05, 2011
I know a few nigerians who brought their wives and kids back or came together with their spouses.
The problem arises when the wife starts making more money than the husband in the US. the husband can't control her anymore like he does in naija. it's crazy. There are many topics about some nigerian men even killing their wives abroad.
you will see that the problem in this story is MONEY. lol always the same issue.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 4:18am On Jan 05, 2011
^
Great point there ma dear.
Dat same shitty scenario happened to ma Step-Grandmother's-grandson [i cn't xplain dat now.lol].
He always complains about him being the one to do the lawn, getting the kids from skool, picking up groceries dat kinda stuff.
He who beats the 4kin drum dictates its tune. lmao
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

I know a few nigerians who brought their wives and kids back or came together with their spouses.
The problem arises when the wife starts making more money than the husband in the US. the husband can't control her anymore like he does in naija. it's crazy. There are many topics about some nigerian men even killing their wives abroad.
you will see that the problem in this story is MONEY. lol always the same issue.

so are you saying that 9ja men should marry uneducated women in order to be happy in the future?

IMHO its all down to EGO and people marrying the wrong spouse.
someone who really cares/loves you wouldnt act in such a manner(she would rather motivate you). . . . . . . . .  but the spouse who married you for citizenship/relocation would when that person finally gets what they were after.

who are we kidding?! many of these people only see their spouse as a meal ticket out of poverty so when that unfortunate person finally gets some real money, they become their real self!
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 4:20am On Jan 05, 2011
@Jenifa_: If my wife ends up making more money than me, then I don't see how this is a bad thing (unless it is a result of my career flopping.)

The more money, the better, no?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^ well said!

btw Orton
is there anything wrong with doing the groceries or picking up the kids?! what about the lawn?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Bluhazel: 4:24am On Jan 05, 2011
@ Dayokanu Imported wife? LMAO
@OP Don't move away from your family. Don't do anything that would make her think that she has won. Just lie still and wait patiently (like a python), wait for the right moment to strike since she wants to be ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 4:27am On Jan 05, 2011
The fact is this.

When a guy goes from the West to Nigeria, almost every girl would act nice to you because they believe (maybe erroneously) that you are rich and probably a ticket out of poverty from Africa.

By the time she gets over here and she is empowered then the real HER comes out and you might be shocked what the green village girl has turned into overnight.

Bluhazel:

@ Dayokanu Imported wife? LMAO
@OP Don't move away from your family. Don't do anything that would make her think that she has won. Just lie still and wait patiently (like a python), wait for the right moment to strike since she wants to ungrateful.   

Waiting with her is dangerous, A woman who is hell bent on destroying you, What makes you think she wont provoke you into hitting her and land him in jail

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 4:30am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

The fact is this.

[size=20pt]When a guy goes from the West to Nigeria, almost every girl would act nice to you because they believe (maybe erroneously) that you are rich and probably a ticket out of poverty from Africa.[/size]

By the time she gets over here and she is empowered then the real HER comes out and you might be shocked what the green village girl has turned into overnight.

Waiting with her is dangerous, A woman who is hell bent on destroying you, What makes you think she wont provoke you into hitting her and land him in jail

Dayokanu do you drink beer,
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 4:32am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^ well said!

btw Orton
is there anything wrong with doing the groceries or picking up the kids?! what about the lawn?

Dude, way back here, he was a well-to-do-spare part dealer and she was a born-again-housewife doing all the chores.
So you can imagine the twist of fate.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

The fact is this.

When a guy goes from the West to Nigeria, almost every girl would act nice to you because they believe (maybe erroneously) that you are rich and probably a ticket out of poverty from Africa.

I understand it can be dangerous to marry a poor woman from the bush somewhere, but you should even avoid the ones in Nigeria whose families are financially comfortable?  undecided

I don't mind marrying someone here in the US, and in all likelihood that is what will end up happening. But of course would prefer to have my options as open as possible.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Bluhazel: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2011
@ Dayokanu
But him leaving all that he's worked for is not the best option. As for him going to jail, that why i asked him to stay calm and lie still.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:38am On Jan 05, 2011
most nigerian men are brought up with the idea that they are the "head of household" and the wife should be submissive.
If you have a wife who makes more money, I don't think she wants to play the role of housegirl anymore. not especially after she has moved to a country like the US where there are freedom and rights for women.
for example, she can call the police if her husband raises his hands on her.etc  Most human beings like freedom. you can't expect a village girl to come to the US and not take advantage of her new rights. it is in the human nature to reject a subservient role if they have the choice.

even many white men who import russian brides have the same problem. they think the poor girls will be submissive only to find out that the girls change very quickly.

What I think is that Nigerian men should learn to adapt to American and western society. Wishing for a housegirl submissive wife is going to be a hard goal to achieve in a western society. If you don't want to adapt, why not move back to Nigeria. Or better still, work hard and make a lot of money then your wife will listen to every word you say.

like Orton said, "he who beats the drum dictates the tune"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Some Childish Things Some Men Do / I Caught My Husband Cheating On Me / 3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.