Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! (816 Views)

Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / Citizenship And Immigration Canada Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! by Elaineh: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2011
Hello fellow NLers,

Perhaps one of you can help me with this. I am currently pursuing my MBA in the states but I am interested in securing a summer internship in Canada this summer. I thought it would be wise to take advantage of my month-long Xmas holiday from school to do some research on job opportunities in Canada and to also figure out the legal process for taking a temporary job in Canada as a Naija citizen. There are a lot of Canada immigration websites/forums scattered around the web but I am yet to find a really good one (i.e. - one that is not too shady and actually seems to be a a reliable source of information). In light of this, I decided to try the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website directly (www.cic.gc.ca) since it is a government website and is as such the source of any information I might need.

Unfortunately,I have been unable to open the site for the past two weeks. I've tried to open it every day without fail but to no avail. I tried to view it using my PC, my friend's own and even a a couple computers at a public library. Each time it says: "cannot find server", "DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken", "internet explorer cannot open this page" or something along those lines. All other websites are working perfectly on the computers so I'm at a loss as to what is going on! I've tried opening different links to the website but each one fails. I also tried opening "canadainternational.gc.ca" but it's also not working so I guess it's a system-wide problem. I'm really surprised that the error has remained unfixed for so long and I'm worried because time is going and I really need this information. What to do? Any suggestions? Is there some number I can call to report the problem?
Re: Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! by UKman37(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2011
The website is working perfectly, I just opened it without any problems
Re: Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! by Davedavy: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2011
I just opened it too,it is working perfectly.
Re: Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website Is Not Working! by Elaineh: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
Thanks guys! I just spoke with IT at my uni. and there seems to be some IP address issue. They've promised to work on it so I'll just keep my fingers crossed,

(1) (Reply)

Help Us Visa Appointment information / Missing Alphabet In My Name As Its Spelt On My Nigerian E-passport / No Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.