Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize (4253 Views)

Who Won Dipo Tepede N33,000 For Short Story / Fidel Ogiso Wins Dipo Tepede's Blogging Prize / Fidel Ogiso Wins Dipo Tepede's Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Mustay(m): 4:03am On Jun 12, 2007
@ last post- same here.
D link provided by seun shows d same story seun posted!
There's no description- just write, be innovative bla bla bla. . . Please make una come explain
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Kubed2klin(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2007
The Nigerian feeling that because he is in the diaspora and so, should not participate in the competition, is not truely Nigerian. Abeg, the $300 or whatever it is worth in Dollars, go cover up some areas oo. Even if na chop money for one day, Abeg. it is worth it.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by newera(f): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2007
Dipo, this is a great initiative but Ruudie here is right. What is the purpose of the competition? Is it one off or is it going to be an annual event? Will there be any other exposure for the winner beyond an announcement on a few sites. If it is really about encouraging people to write then there should be some initiative beyond the prize money? Or else people will just write for the money and that is it?

I suggest you connect the winner with a writing consultant in his or her field and offer support all the way towards publishing a book of their own.

It also needs to be clear that the contributors retain the copyright of their works.

Anyway like i started, it is a great initiative.

RuuDie:

with all due respect sir,
i didn't mean place a URL that leads to some site in this massive island of organized confusion --- i want you to write, with your own hands, in your own words; a little' succint description of yourself and what you hope to achieve with this your generous initiative. that too much to ask ?
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by tianshie(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2007
I already sent an entry but didn't get any confirmation.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by dipotepede(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2007
Blogger's Competition commences on 16th July, 2007.

Check details on www.dipotepede.com for your names, dates of features, etc

Ciao
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Kubed2klin(m): 11:33am On Jul 10, 2007
[color=#006600][/color] Hey guys, my entry got selected for the finals of the Dipo Tepede's 33K contest. Please guys, read my essay billed to be presented on the 13th of July. It is on the role of remittances workers living outside the shores of Africa send back home, to fill the gap opened by poverty in a 'resource cursed'  continent.

Please endeavour to vote for my essay.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Mustay(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2007
what's the use>? he has selected the 15 finalists. details, he didn't give us
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by tianshie(m): 6:41am On Jul 12, 2007
MY short work got picked.
It's ONE CHANCE.
While you enjoy the story please don't forget to vote for me,July30th is the date.
Thank you.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Seun(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2007
Congratulations, guys. I think this is a brilliant marketing more by Dipo. But how can we read your essays?
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by SMC(f): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2007
I shall endeavour to read all 15 shortlisted entries and vote for the one I think is the best one [this is provided that I can access them easily online].

This is a step in the right direction for Nigerian writing {Well, let's hope that people have the integrity to vote for the story they think is the best one and not on a "know-me-i-know-you" basis}.

Goodluck guys and may the best entry win. smiley
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Iwerebor(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2007
How come I lost the interest I never had upon seeing a connection of the Prize money with Club freedom?
Does the mention of money blunt even common sense?
I imagine the winner of this prize IF it happens will be hearing something about making $6,000 with that same prize money. In very plain words, Dipo Torpedo has something up his sleeves, a hidden agenda.

[s]Don't forget, you have the right to be a victim. It's your right , when you don't use your brain, you have positioned yourself for pain. [/s]
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Kubed2klin(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2007
Seun:

Congratulations, guys. I think this is a brilliant marketing more by Dipo. But how can we read your essays?

I think you can read our essays by watching out for the dates of presentation.

However, I am still confused. DIpo Said presentations starts on the 16th. But my essay presentation is on the 13th, Tomorrow.
Everyone on the forum, please endeavour to read my essay titled MUSING. However, it is all about the impact of remittances sent home by workers outside the shores of Africa in general and Nigeria in particular.

It hopes to attract the attention of the government and the banking sector to tap in to remittance management and investment.

I am counting on you all for your vote come tomorrow, if it gets presented.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
Iwerebo, what's the connection of the prize money with club freedom?
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by yicob(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2007
my short story titled "HARD EARNED LIFE" was also chosen. it would be reviewed on the 6th August 2007. please i need your vote and every vote goes home with a recharge card. Promise!
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Iwerebor(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2007
When you consider that the money on offer is the exact amount that will buy you a space into Club Freedom's network marketing scheme then Mr Dipo Torpedo's posturing will be less altruistic.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by SMC(f): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2007
I have read the first three efforts. Awaiting the next batch.

Right now, I have No Comments lipsrsealed
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by Kubed2klin(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
Hey guys am really sorry for saying my presentation was on the 13th July. MAybe I was not looking at it very well. The verified date is 13th August. My entry is going to be the last essay to be pasted on the blog site. Please endeavour to vote my entry.
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by dipotepede(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ Iwerebo et al

The 33K is cash and it has nothing to do with Club Freedom.

Please, support our writers; come and vote for the best,

Ciao
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by SMC(f): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2007
The write up titled FOR EVERY PRIZE THERE IS A PRICE was half-finished.

Dipo what happened?
Re: Dipo Tepede's Writing Competition: 33,000 Naira Prize by tai2(m): 5:17am On Aug 06, 2007
Yes, veteran poet cum blogger Dipo Tepede had a contest a while ago and the purpose was to get some wonderful writing from Nigerians all across the globe, the winner is up to win 33k and unfortunately I didn't get to submit any written articles.

However Dipo ended up selecting 15 wonderful writers and I think we could all throw in some support and rate these writers for the quality of the articles they are providing, I never thought Nigerians could write like this. Here's my favourite article anyway, it'll make you laugh, smile and wonder at the same time, I rated it a 5 for excellent:

http://www.dipotepede.com/2007/07/22/the-difficulty-in-being-me/

Drop in some support for the contest and rate any articles you find terrific as well,

Have Fun!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Destiny Delayed But Unchanged...a Short Story You Will Surely Love To Read / Accidental Brother (book One) / The Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.