Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? (17679 Views)

3 Story Building(8 Flats Of 3 Bedroom Flats Each)for N50m In Achara Layout Enugu / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Awkunanaw Enugu / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by spyder880(m): 2:00am On Jan 06, 2011
I want to embark on a project of building a three storey block of eight flats, each flat will have 3 bedroom and two toilets (one master) I intend the building to be done on a flat, dry land that has already been fenced with gate, I want the experts around to tell me how much they think each stage will cost, (supposing I break it into four stages and start immediately with what I have at hand.
I intend to rent the building upon completion, but if am short on funds, I intend to rent the first two flats downstairs and use the rents to push upwards. Please advice.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by metrixauto: 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
please talk to Metrix Integrated Engineering Limited,we are proffesional building engineers with about 20 years experience,call our MD Engr Akin Adebayo on 08037326972,08077483103,he will give you a proffesional advice and we are also ready to handle the project 4 u sir
thanks
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by ijogbon(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
i want to know the replies on this thread but personally i think about 50 million. approx. 5 million per stage for building i.e 5 million per floor plus another 5 million for foundation and roofing together = 25million. then approx 20million for finishing. 5 million for papers approvals and incidentals.

you are looking at about 400 bags of cement, 5000 blocks, 10 tons of iron rods, 5 trips of sand, 5 trips granite etc per floor.

my approx may be wrong though, and you didnt say 'where' the building is going to be done,

2 Likes

Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by violent(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2011
a three storey for 15m? man, you re kidding right?
oh well, if you are not looking at safety, and quality materials, and the architect is a family member who's willing to draw up plans for you free of charge, and the neighbours are willing to work building labours without asking a kobo, and you don't give a shyt about flooring, boreholes, wiring, baths, etc then 15 million should be more than enough
you should also keep in mind that what you expect to earn from rent is directly related to what you spend on initial capital, no on will be willing to pay so much for a shabby looking flat.
but hey, i wouldn't take me seriously, so let the real experts come and explain how dope works
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by femadelim: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
@poster, Where is your site location ?
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by HUMANITYY: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2011
you first need to state the project site to get the actually quote,
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by ijebuman(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2011
15M will definitely not build a block of 8 flats. It cost me roughly that amount to build 4 flats. If I were to give you a ball park figure of how much a block of 8 flats will cost to build, I'll say budget for between 25M and 30M.
I suggest you build in stages if you only have 15M to start with.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by Ty207: 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
you can't build 3storey with 15m is not possible even enough you mode the blocks yourself, shocked
@femadelim location is not the matter but materials
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
Absolutely No ! Except you want 2 make use of mud for the wall, planks for the suspended floors & stair, surface wiring with tungsten filament lighting bulbs. The good news is that u can still do ur plumbing works with conventional sanitary fittings & capped ur building with modern day long span alum.roofing sheet on wooden trusses. Paying the workers shouldnt be a problem out of 15m.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by slap1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
Bro, I'm not a cost analyst, but N15m won't do, even if all the things Violent listed are granted. If you're lucky N15m could get you four flats. N15m is quite a sum, no doubt, but when you start the project, you won't know how the money will grow wings. Buying materials, TRANSPORTATION, labourers, town planning fee, etc. Goodluck!
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by faweiey(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
first and formost where is your building location and which state,if you are planing this project for lagos state no way
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by manie(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
My wife and i spent about to N3.4 million Naira building a three bed room Bungalow. We started in 2007 and almost completed it in 2010. Because we are both teachers we can not afford the luxury of employing a contractor, rather we are dealing with the workers directly. I guess this saved us about a million Naira.
Based on this i do not think you can spend less than 30 Million building a block of 8 flats.
We were able to monitor the workers because my wife and i both have experience in building project, which we did for family friends.

Based on the fund available to you at this time, it will be better to build a block of four, 3 bedroom flats.

Wishing you good luck in your endeavour.

2 Likes

Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by medjai(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
=N=15m can hardly complete a block of four flats in Lagos
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by manie(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2011
medjai:

=N=15m can hardly complete a block of four flats in Lagos

It depends on where you shop, some of the people that worked for us came from Ibadan, Ilesha and cotonou to work in Lagos. We found out that where some of the artisans from Lagos charged N300,000 for a job, the bricklayer from Ibadan charged N120,000 for the same job.
I think you can build a block of four flats with between 16 and 18 million.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by orgasm(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2011
Nope it wont but i think 20m will do depending on ur location
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by coolbet007: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
I built a two storey in surulere in last year. Foundation only, before setting blocks cost me N6.6m. If you plan to use regular/normal materials, i advise you to budget at least N45m to finish a three storey building. But if you plan to use morden materials, you will spend more.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by suxes2006(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
I aint a cost analyst but with what i am seeing here
i think 40m should be enough

SHALOM
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by mikkyrazzy: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
I'm not a bulding expert but from what Iv seen all tru the post it depends a lot on the site. Considering a plce like Abuja, it is absolutely impossible, that might just be enough for 2 flats. It also depends on the kind of structure, the foundation, roofing type, etc
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
I am a town planner by training and also a contractor and have worked with architects, engineers, builders and surveyors and i'd advice u based on my professional and career experience, based on ur current finance of 15 million naira im afraid u may need to source for more fundings or do a scheduled construction doing different phases and when u exhaust ur funding go shop for more finance. depending on the location (GRA's or in a village), aesthetics factor/taste (finishings), present price of buliding materials and wages for labourers (depending on ur agreement) u might need at least 30 million naira and above. i also advice u to go in person to your state urban development board/state land and survey/housing authority for certification of land so as to avoid the revocation of ur work. besides pls don't cut corners, buy the best authentic/quality materials available at ur disposal, finally be open to ur workers (engineers, masons, builders,architects, surveyors, bricklayers) and pay ur workers as and when due so that they won't spoil ur work but rather they'll put their best in ur project. finally pray. Cheers!
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by benimeogu(f): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2011
Yes

1 Like

Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by fredmath: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
look oga, let no deceive ourselfs, you can not build an 8 flats on 2 floors with 15M,  
Am not saying it is impossible but except you want to kill the people that will stay inside the building someday
then you can risk it.

we have all the experts working with us concerning building any form of construction from start to finish,
and we just copleted a 4 NOS of four bedroom duplex at dopemu/ agege area of lagos state. with normal finishing, under a tight budget of 15M each, in fact, our accountant / procurement officer is the most stingy person in the world, for us to complete that project for that cost, it took all the cost savings technics in the world, it was a miracle.

so please, let be realistic in this industry

Thank you
FMG
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
@poster:

[b]
Reinforced concrete work for the that kind of foundation will gulp 1/3 of the 15mil alone.
Foundation alone would require about 5 tonnes of 16mm steel, that alone = #750,000 or more depending on location and nature of the land.
Now include the cement when you need a solid foundation where a bag must be mixed with 0.14% of gravel, sharp sand per tonne. That's plenty bags of cement.
And the foundation must be 5 feet deep if you are building on a dry land. If its waterlogged, well, we dig until we hit the ground, I wonder how far that will be.
Include price of hardwoods, binding wires, several bags of nails renting rollers, artisans fees plus labors, Ah yes, blocks and many materials, etc.

Im not trying to scare you. But the 15mil will give you a wonderful bungalow or a simple 5 bedroom duplex with moderate finishing if built on solid ground.
For this type of project, you need probably x3 of your initial estimate or more. It all depends on the location and land or visit www.aasog.com if you want something feasible.[/b]
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by 100Whykay(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
Sir, please consult us for proffessional advice on how best to manage the sum you have at hand,
We are "100% Construction Services Limited", we are proffesional builders, consultants and building contractors, we have been tested and we are trusted,
Call Engr. Isaac Olagunju (Managing Director) on 08083536004, 08034853297.
Thanks.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by states: 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
For you to have a good simple calculation the 8 flat will have 3 decking level and each will have 20-25 pillar from the foundation to the top level
i mean to the roofing,remember all these pillar will be build with iron-rod. for each good solid decking level you will spend up to (2.5m-2.8m),so if  you
multiply it by 3 that will give you (8.4m) your burget have already drop more than half.base on self monitoring not by contract, if you gave it to contractor your burget goes up.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
na wa to build house o
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by slap1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
dayokanu:

na wa to build house o
dey there!
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by andyanders: 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
WELL, SINCE YOU HAVE THE LAND, BUILDING EIGHT FLATS WITH 15 MILLION, UNLESS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT JUST THE SKELETON. WHAT I MEANT BY THAT IS JUST THE NORMAL BLOCK SETTING, PAYING FOR WORKERS. HAVE ALSO IN MIND THAT IRON FOR DECKING COST A LOT. SINCE IT IS GOING TO BE A BLOCK OF 2 STOREY BUILDING. ALSO, IT DEPENDS ON THE KIND OF FINISHING. THE KIND OF DOORS, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING THAT YOU INTEND USING. ANOTHER THING IS THE AREA. SINCE THIS IS NOT A BUNGALO, I SUGGEST YOU GET THE SERVICES OF AN EXPERT, BECAUSE YOU CANNOT JUST BUILD STOREY  BUILDING DOING IT BY YOURSELF. BUILDING COLLAPSING HERE AND THERE. FOR ME, JUST GO FOR A BLOCK OF 4 FLATS. THAT IS A STORY BUILDING AND JUST LET IT BE DONE PROFESSIONALLY, SO THAT YOU DON’T END UP HAVING A STRUCTURE THAT WILL COLLAPSE OF FACE DEMOLITION.
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by maninmood(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
I built a storey building in Osun State and I have spent more than 30 million. Finishing alone is more than 15 million, depending on your taste though, but the building contains 15 self-contained rooms
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
15 million will get you a collpased building

a friend i building a four room bungalow and its taken over 8m to date
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by DisGuy: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
maninmood:

I built a storey building in Osun State and I have spent more than 30 million. Finishing alone is more than 15 million, depending on your taste though, but the building contains 15 self-contained rooms

Is that a hostel?
Re: Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2011
dayokanu:

na wa to build house o

Na real Wa

OP, aim for 4 flats

I think building engineers should come up with more options
some houses in nigeria in simply over engineered
some are built to even survive earthquakes  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Estimated Cost Of Decking My House / Real Estate In Nigeria: What Is It Like? / Carports, Shade Covers And Portable Canopies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.