Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke (96820 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Should Definitely Drink More Beer / Medical Signals You Shouldn't Ignore / Why You Shouldn't Drink Before Bedtime (2) (3) (4)

11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by wisyno(m): 4:44am On Jun 07, 2007
1] it darkens your lips making you look ugly
2] gives you dirty teeth
3] gives you bad breath(smoke-breath) as if you ate fire
4] damage your lungs which may lead to breathing problem later
5] leads to loss of your healthy weight
6] may cause fire out-break especially during the dry season
7] goes hand-in-hand with alcoholic addiction
8] your children will pick up smoking easily
9] each stick you smoke shorten your life span by 10 minutes
10] health hazard to other people- family, friends, colleagues
11] visit www.healthy-living-forever..com for more information
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by smile4kenn(m): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2007
wisyno:

I dont believe in it man, No authority have proved it yet.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by BIKINI(f): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2007
@
smile 4 ken
grin ;Dno worry the authorithy of ur undertaker go be the final one grin grin grin
"who no go, no know" cool 8 grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by tasiana(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
have u for once wondered why @ the end of their advert(the cigratte companies) now say*smokers are liable to die young* undecided
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by smile4kenn(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
tasiana:

have u for once wondered why @ the end of their advert(the cigratte companies) now say*smokers are liable to die young* undecided

Thats just a government strategy
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by nkhetheni(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2007
, at the pack, it is written,'Smoking is a health risk',
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by smile4kenn(m): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2007
nkhetheni:

, at the pack, it is written,'Smoking is a health risk',
so what do you want them to write? its health good?

forget about it all, they are just obeying the law.

nothing bad with smoking
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by toshmann(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2007
@topic,
u didn't add the fact that it reduces ur finances thereby contributing to poverty and its concomittants sad
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by PTBNaija(f): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2007
Also forgot that it severely decreases your chances of a relationship. . . undecided
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by Free(f): 2:21am On Jul 11, 2007
really??
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by deezzle(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2007
Do nicotine patches really work?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by smile4kenn(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2007
nonesense discussion here
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by posi(f): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2007
smoking cut life short and is not Godlike habit.But it very unfurtunate that most of our preacher fall into the trap and some see smoking as way of being exhibit your socilisation
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by younghoodi(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2007
when u light skin with a dark lip u look more good sun,that's why am smoking but am trina stop it and i can't.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by aloib(f): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2007
marrafact just finished a stick
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by aloib(f): 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
wisyno:

[s]1] it darkens your lips making you look ugly
2] gives you dirty teeth
11] visit www.healthy-living-forever..com for more information[/s]

all bullshit
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by slimsikiru(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2007
if you dont know how to smoke, tell some body to teach you and stop saying what you dont know
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by smile4kenn(m): 5:49am On Sep 15, 2007
this are all bullshit, i wonder why all this bullshits still on go, If you wanna smoke then do and stop criticizing people to smoke.

Smokers are healthy children if you dont know?

Ok?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by lostpixie: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2008
hey i just started smoking and i'm looking for tips on hiding it from my parents please grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by danedrol: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2008
@smile4kenn
nonesense discussion here

You either don't smoke or you are far too gone
to want to face the reality of life!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by dadsgal(f): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2008
All what that was written down are all true and correct. who ever that have ears should hear.
SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by candidme: 5:38am On Jul 20, 2008
So we still have doubters of the negative effect of smoking. You know that bad habits are difficult to get rid of. People are free to make excuses ater all they have right to gradually kill themselves but have they taken tme to calculate how much they waste in a month that could make them rich. smoking just thirty naira a day by the least smokers amounts to nine hundred naira per month. the heavy smoker spends ten times this, 9000 naira. many poor smokers bekongs here and remain ever poorer. as a person versatile in stocks, may i tell him that a consistent monthly saving of 5000 out of it for six months would give enough funds to open account with some stock broking firms and possibly multiply it ar least by three at the end of another six months and can get it to two million in the nexr one year with the right knowledge that van be learnt. contact me if interested.
candid-me
cassim.adepegba@gmail.com
08028416434, 07027173776
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by Templa(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
Cancerous Human Lung

This dissection of human lung tissue shows light-colored cancerous tissue in the center of the photograph. At bottom center lies the heart. While normal lung tissue is light pink in color, the tissue surrounding the cancer is black and airless, the result of a tarlike residue left by cigarette smoke. Most lung cancer begins in the cells lining the main air passages, or bronchi. In their cancerous state, these cells lack the cilia that normally catch and eliminate foreign particles inhaled into the lung. Mucous ordinarily cleared by bronchial cilia becomes trapped, blocking air passages. Lung cancer accounts for the largest percentage of cancer deaths in the United States, and cigarette smoking is directly responsible for the majority of these cases.

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by kbobo(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2008
1] it darkens your lips making you look ugly
2] gives you dirty teeth

Hi,
Response to the above.

1. Not neccessary true,b'cos u could end up having sexy lips.And some smokers use items that will protect direct contact with lips and also to prevent fingers from smelling and getting stained.

2. That is if you don't brush well and not paying attention to your teeth.

3. Yes it does but thank God for mouth freshners.

4. VERY CORRECT.Infact faster than you think b'cos of all these fake cigarettes in Town.

5. Some people smoke to loose weight.Though it is not the proper way to loose weight.

6.Not really true,except if the cigarette butt is not disposed properly.

7. Not every smoker is an alcohol addict.But drinking alcohol could trigger smoking.

8.Very True.You are an example that your child will follow.

9. Nope,It is 4 minutes.But all depends on how you smoke it.

10. Very true,b'cos second hand smoke is as dangerous as the smoke you inhale.Please smoke away from non-smokers.

Cheers
Kolawole.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by stnonymus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2008
Ok guys, most smokers realize that they are on the road to destruction.But they cant stop because its hard to kick the habit once you start.About 2 years ago, i lost a colleague to lung cancer.He was a really nice guy.He tried to stop in his later years and even began taking treatment but it was too late.I attended his funeral.It wasn't funny.

I know most smokers find it hard to kick the habit so i often recommend Defender ,Vitamin and mineral supplement.It has got strong anti oxidant properties that counter the damaging effects of smoking.

For more information or on how to order visit :

http://www./ourproducts.htm or call 08023467737

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by kbobo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ok guys, most smokers realize that they are on the road to destruction.But they can't stop because its hard to kick the habit once you start.About 2 years ago, i lost a colleague to lung cancer.He was a really nice guy.He tried to stop in his later years and even began taking treatment but it was too late.I attended his funeral.It wasn't funny.

I know most smokers find it hard to kick the habit so i often recommend Defender ,Vitamin and mineral supplement.It has got strong anti oxidant properties that counter the damaging effects of smoking.

Hi,
I would like to tell me which of the damaging effect of smoking it counters.Because the damaging effects are too numerous.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by HRhotness(f): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
1] it darkens your lips making you look ugly My lips arent dark, their still plush and pink and I've been smoking for 10yrs

2] gives you dirty teeth  My teeth are clean, good dental hygiene

3] gives you bad breath(smoke-breath) as if you ate fire  My breath is just fine, tic tacs and good dental hygiene

4] damage your lungs which may lead to breathing problem later  maybe, but my lungs are fine now, so who cares

5] leads to loss of your healthy weight  i love my weight

6] may cause fire out-break especially during the dry season  that'll never happen, I've got home insurance anyways

7] goes hand-in-hand with alcoholic addiction  no addiction here

8] your children will pick up smoking easily  don't hav children

9] each stick you smoke shorten your life span by 10 minutes we're all going to die one way or the other, sooner or later

10] health hazard to other people- family, friends, colleagues  then they should get the mess out of d room

11] visit www.healthy-living-forever(dot)(dot)com for more information  HELL NO angry angry
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by kbobo(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2008
Hi H.R.HOTNESS,
All you are simply saying is that you LOVE SMOKING and you are not thinking of quitting.
Maybe you share with us what makes smoking tick in your life.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2008
9) I have seen 70 year old chain smokers who have been smoking for more than 50 years? Maybe they were meant to live for 500 years
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by lightshine(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
I have just one advice for everybody, please read the article below cos it may be a defining decision you may make between life and death.

[b]Have you been wanting to stop smoking, but havent really known the right way to stop? What if I told you that within a week from starting this one stop smoking program you could be smoke free forever? Its really not as hard as you may think. In this eBook you will learn how you can be smoke free forever!

If you smoke, 
you will be twelve times more likely to die from lung cancer.
you will be ten times more likely to die from some form of lung disease.
you will be ten times more likely to die from cancer of the larynx.
you will be six times more likely to die of heart disease.
you will be twice as likely to die of a stroke.

If you stop smoking now you can increase your chances of living from two to twelve times longer and save thousands of dollars in medical expensive and the cost of cigarettes!

Smoking is a bad expensive habit.

Will you give yourself better chance to life? Now is the time to start doing that.

I am giving out an  e-book to just 20 people on how to stop smoking in one week.

For more information on how to get this e-book, send an email to light@info2you.net or call 08064456444[/b]
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by chyk91(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2008
u 4got to mention u can get easily addicted to the stick and dts smoking galore.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke by benlegacy(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2009
@poster
thanx for the question.bt if i may ask,you dey smoke before?bible said see is beliv humm!!! experience is a best teach,learn how to smoke then you can come on board to tell us your experience so far, i'm waiting LOL grin grin young smoker i know you at ejigbo road shasha,lagos

Indian Man Buys N1.5M Gold Face-Mask To Save Him From Coronavirus (Photos) / Does Pressing Or Sucking Make bosom Loose Or Increase Size? / Man's Penis Permanently Disfigured After Padlocking It For Weeks Out Of Boredom

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49