Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? (1443 Views)

A Discussion On Muslim Women Marrying Non-muslim Men / Uplawal,ifyalway,alimat2 And Others.where Are These People? / We Missed You,olabowale,abu Zola,lagosboy,uplawal And The Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
Assalamu alaikum,

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I believe I don’t have to repeat myself since I have already mentioned my intent on another thread that I want you and me to peacefully resolve some issues concerning Shiite doctrine, which, quite unfortunately you seem to have started "snipping" at. Forgive the language if it sounds rude; I can’t do less as I am at times temperamental. But that, be rest assured, isn’t going to affect the free flow of our discussion, inshaAllah.

Well, engaging one in such a discussion isn’t a tea party as one might think especially to a student like me—still under his teachers’ instructions. I’ve been wondering where to start. They say: to begin is to start from the beginning, thus I’ll start from there here too.

Sister Uplawal, could you please, briefly, tell me what you know about Ahl-Sunnah wal Jama’ah? Secondly, what do you know about the Shiite sect? Where do you think the former is wrong, and the latter right and why/how?

Thanks very much. May Allah, the All Knower, guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
why do you at all cost want to engage the sister,when as you well know she is just being exposed to the Shia side of the story of Islam?why not engage a full-blown shia,a shia to the core and one like myself who will never become a sunni.and if you disprove that shia islam is wrong i would rather leave islam totally and be without a religion.and if islam is not my religion then i would rather stay with no religion and call myself an "agnostic".

the offer has being forwarded to you in 2 others threads.come let us discuss.i am not trying to hijack your thread nor am i dissuading the sister.i am only putting forth a suggestion.you more or less see the sister as susceptible to shia islam and she is open-minded.so lest she becomes a shia,you are trying to concentrate on her to "win" her back.and you believe yourself so much and have the confidence to think you can control her?i dont think you can brainwash her.she is an intelligent woman and like us all Allah has blessed her with the power of intellect.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by AbuHanifa: 5:17am On Jan 08, 2011
@lagoshia. pls wait for your time.

1 Like

Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
LagosShia:

why do you at all cost want to engage the sister,when as you well know she is just being exposed to the Shia side of the story of Islam?why not engage a full-blown shia,a shia to the core and one like myself who will never become a sunni.and if you disprove that shia islam is wrong i would rather leave islam totally and be without a religion.and if islam is not my religion then i would rather stay with no religion and call myself an "agnostic".

the offer has being forwarded to you in 2 others threads.come let us discuss.i am not trying to hijack your thread nor am i dissuading the sister.i am only putting forth a suggestion.you more or less see the sister as susceptible to shia islam and she is open-minded.so lest she becomes a shia,you are trying to concentrate on her to "win" her back.and you believe yourself so much and have the confidence to think you can control her?i dont think you can brainwash her.she is an intelligent woman and like us all Allah has blessed her with the power of intellect.

How predictable! If I were you I wouldn’t have said a word here, especially since the poster (that’s me) even predicted that. More-over, I know many will be displeased at me replying you; no! I am only replying not you directly (or even indirectly, for I know nothing good will come out of it) but the sister through you, for she’s as well, inshaAllah, going to read both what you say and what I will say in the following lines.

Before then, I will make something clear, and that is there is nothing in this world, inshaAllah, that lead me to renounce my Aqeedah, not to mention the Deen (faith) all-in-all. Wallahi I would rather be killed than to do that. But very foolhardy of you, you are announcing leaving your Deen if proved wrong of your sect. Allah forbid! And, am not engaging you not because you are that mighty! You are very much “defeatable”, for what you hold is nothing like truth.

Unlike how you perceived, it’s at only one and single cost: her willingness and interest. If she say she isn’t willing or interested in indulging me in anything like that I certainly will leave alone for the sake of Allah and for good. Allah, the Exalted, has seen my intention, and I know, inshaAllah, I’ll be rewarded for that.

It’s me who would tell you that Sister Uplawal is an intelligent woman. I know her (though just here) before she accepted Islam; I think there is no more intelligence above that. And, to prove that she’s even more intelligent that you, you very foolishly said above that you will renounce Islam… (Sic).

I shall say more when I get back, inshaAllah; but not you! To the response I am expecting having soon from the sister.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
muhsin:

How predictable! If I were you I wouldn’t have said a word here, especially since the poster (that’s me) even predicted that. More-over, I know many will be displeased at me replying you; no! I am only replying not you directly (or even indirectly, for I know nothing good will come out of it) but the sister through you, for she’s as well, inshaAllah, going to read both what you say and what I will say in the following lines.

Before then, I will make something clear, and that is there is nothing in this world, inshaAllah, that lead me to renounce my Aqeedah, not to mention the Deen (faith) all-in-all. Wallahi I would rather be killed than to do that. But very foolhardy of you, you are announcing leaving your Deen if proved wrong of your sect. Allah forbid! And, am not engaging you not because you are that mighty! You are very much “defeatable”, for what you hold is nothing like truth.

Unlike how you perceived, it’s at only one and single cost: her willingness and interest. If she say she isn’t willing or interested in indulging me in anything like that I certainly will leave alone for the sake of Allah and for good. Allah, the Exalted, has seen my intention, and I know, inshaAllah, I’ll be rewarded for that.

It’s me who would tell you that Sister Uplawal is an intelligent woman. I know her (though just here) before she accepted Islam; I think there is no more intelligence above that. And, to prove that she’s even more intelligent that you, you very foolishly said above that you will renounce Islam… (Sic).

I shall say more when I get back, inshaAllah; but not you! To the response I am expecting having soon from the sister.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.

YOU ARE A DRAMA QUEEN.

you just throw word you cant prove.you run away just like Umar did  grin

no one is asking you to renounce your aqeedah.i am only asking you to complete your iman.the declaration by the Prophet Muhammad of the wilayah of Imam Ali was the point during which the verse of completion of religion was revealed.without belief in the wilayah of Imam Ali,your iman and aqeedah are deficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_pond_of_Khumm
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by Sweetnecta: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2011
LagosShia, shouldn't everyone emulate the wisdom of Ali [ra], who obviously was not proud and didn't curse any of the companions?

It is clear to me that, Ali who was not shy, especially when it comes to his rights would not have became a dove, especially when he was a lion.

This quality is what we should all share from him, coupled with the fact that Umar [ra], an obvious man of valor in the lifetime of the Messenger (AS) was always respecting him, in every instance he had. Allah's Messenger was the best of all mankind, praised each of the kalifahs asking Allah to support Islam with one of the 2 Umar, and Alhamdulillah it was Khattab that was chosen.

As Muslims, we need to look at the qualities of each of our leaders. Personally, I take the perseverance of Ali in the matters of those before him.

1 Like

Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 11:41am On Jan 10, 2011
Sweetnecta:

LagosShia, shouldn't everyone emulate the wisdom of Ali [ra], who obviously was not proud and didn't curse any of the companions?

It is clear to me that, Ali who was not shy, especially when it comes to his rights would not have became a dove, especially when he was a lion.

This quality is what we should all share from him, coupled with the fact that Umar [ra], an obvious man of valor in the lifetime of the Messenger (AS) was always respecting him, in every instance he had. Allah's Messenger was the best of all mankind, praised each of the kalifahs asking Allah to support Islam with one of the 2 Umar, and Alhamdulillah it was Khattab that was chosen.

As Muslims, we need to look at the qualities of each of our leaders. Personally, I take the perseverance of Ali in the matters of those before him.

your bla bla bla have being repeated before and refuted.go search the other two threads and you will find your answers there.

just for a recap,you are exaggerating (ghuluw) when it comes to someone like umar and you are contradicting the Quran.there was nothing like "valor" when it comes to umar ibn al-khattab,the house burner of the Prophet's daughter.shame on you for praising him.at least if you dont want to stand against the enemies of the Household dont praise them and try to make them look like heros.find out if it was not about umar that Allah reprimanded with a verse saying :"if the messenger is killed or is matyred will you turn back on your heels (i.e. go back to jahiliyya)".this has already being stated and explained that this verse was revealed when umar took flight in the battle of uhud when it was rumored that the messenger had being killed.he saw no need to fight for islam if the messenger is dead and he was such a coward that he fled the battle-field.it was Imam Ali who rescued the scene and dealt a blow to the kuffar.Imam Ali became known with a nickname as "Ali al-Karrar" i.e."al-karrar" means "he who does not run away but stays firm".on the other hand umar is "al-farrar",or "he who runs away".

all these has being said before.so i dont know why you keep repeating them.if you think i will get tired of replying,i will not.you dont have to tell me "not to curse" when Allah Himself in the Quran send curse on the kuffar,yahud and iblis.i am not the one you should tell not to curse.tell your hero muawiya.he was a so called sahaba who instituted the cursing of Imam Ali on pulpits,mosques and fridays sermons.he used to do that and he was not justified and contrary,it is muawiya himself who deserves to be cursed.

you keep using or rather abusing the name of Imam Ali that "he was a lion and did not become a dove overnight".do you think him being a lion means that he was a beast?a beast with no sense and intellect?because he was wise not to divide the ummah further that will lead to the destruction of Islam,does not mean he never stated or claimed his rights.he did but he was wise.he knew when and how to do it.it is the same situation that sunnis want to impose on us even to this day.you want us to keep quiet and intimidate us not to speak with fear of fitna and unrest.that will not happen again.we will speak against evil and terrorism.

this jahiliyya terrorism is not islamic.the Household of the Prophet suffered it centuries before innocent people today are being killed by this same terrorism that made it way from the jahiliyya into sunni islam in a form known as salafism/wahhabism.if you want to shun terrorism and stand against it,start by exposing the evils that were done to the Household of our Prophet.dont turn your mouth dumb.be just!let us make it clear that terrorism has no place in islam.terrorism among muslims is an import from jahiliyya.those hypocrites sahaba wanted to bring the culture of death,ignorance,intimidation and the language of the sword into islam.thus you see umar threatening to burn the house of our Prophet's daughter.Islam has no terrorism.the Prophet only defended himself against persecution.it is the jahiliyya and pagan Quraysh that has terrorism.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by chakula: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
Imagine! to my conclusion this thread was created for a purpose why lagosshia is trying to corrupt it, we knew and, have a threads that all this kinda of discussions take place there which you initiated with your hand and,some created in respect of you and co. but yet you have to stumble here and continue doing the same thing.Please let this thread achieve the purpose been created for.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
LagosShia:

YOU ARE A DRAMA QUEEN.

you just throw word you cant prove.you run away just like Umar did  grin

no one is asking you to renounce your aqeedah.i am only asking you to complete your iman.the declaration by the Prophet Muhammad of the wilayah of Imam Ali was the point during which the verse of completion of religion was revealed.without belief in the wilayah of Imam Ali,your iman and aqeedah are deficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_pond_of_Khumm

This thread isn't meant for you as its title foretells, yet you are trying to hijack it and even drag me into engaging you. Please stop it! Let the sister come. . . And as mentioned by a brother, AbuHanifa, above, your turn will come soon. I am now too busy to indulge you in what might end in futile, for I fear you aren't here to accept any truth, rather you are here to make trouble and dispute everything that isn't in line with your view.

Nonetheless, I will say some few words regarding your reply above. You very much had (and still has) me smiling and wondering. Why bring Wikipedia into this?! This is very naive and ignorant of you--a stalwart Shiites who by hook or crook looks after to preach yet resolve to citing a non-Muslim site to establish his claim. Re-check that, bud. cheesy

And, for your info and other readers, the verse: (الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِى وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الأِسْلاَمَ دِيناً) meaning: This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (Q5:3) It's not revealed for that reason as innumerable Muslim scholars incontestably report. This is an indisputable truth believed by virtually all.

The verse was revealed during the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, farewell pilgrimage on Arafat day. In the narration collected by Al-Bukhari in the book of Tafsir, through Tariq, he said, "The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.''

There are numerous Hadiths that support this fact that are definitely authentic and of the Mutawatir type. This Hadith was also reported from `Umar through various chains of narration.

I am afraid I have to stop from here; my time as always is finishing. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2011
chakula:

Imagine! to my conclusion this thread was created for a purpose why lagosshia is trying to corrupt it, we knew and, have a threads that all this kinda of discussions take place there which you initiated with your hand and,some created in respect of you and co. but yet you have to stumble here and continue doing the same thing.Please let this thread achieve the purpose been created for.

That's why I think I'll not respond to any of his (LagosShia) blabbing further. And, wallahi, if not because I am busy doing exam and other things I would have created anew thread to fully disprove his misguidance for all to see. For instance, in even the few posts I made there, he couldn't refute anything convincingly and logically. Likewise Abuzola's and other brothers' response to him. What he simply does, if you keenly read between the lines of his tantrum infested posts, is just spamming, bringing voluminous historically doctored happenings, which cannot be found in any authentic Islamic history book.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by isalegan2: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
muhsin:

That's why I think I'll not respond to any of his (LagosShia) blabbing further. And, wallahi, if not because I am busy doing exam and other things I would have created anew thread to fully disprove his misguidance for all to see . . .

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.

Brother,

Please don't be distracted from your exams/studies o. The thread and all the posts will still be there for you to respond to when you're less busy!

Salaam.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2011
isale_gan2:

Brother,

Please don't be distracted from your exams/studies o. The thread and all the posts will still be there for you to respond to when you're less busy!

Salaam.

Thanks, Sister.

But this is an act of Ibadah; I ought to do it, though not that incisively for now. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us, amin.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
chakula:

you should accuse "sweetnecta" of hijacking the thread and not me.after my input,i only responded to the blabbing of "sweet".
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2011
muhsin:

This thread isn't meant for you as its title foretells, yet you are trying to hijack it and even drag me into engaging you. Please stop it! Let the sister come. . . And as mentioned by a brother, AbuHanifa, above, your turn will come soon. I am now too busy to indulge you in what might end in futile, for I fear you aren't here to accept any truth, rather you are here to make trouble and dispute everything that isn't in line with your view.

Nonetheless, I will say some few words regarding your reply above. You very much had (and still has) me smiling and wondering. Why bring Wikipedia into this?! This is very naive and ignorant of you--a stalwart Shiites who by hook or crook looks after to preach yet resolve to citing a non-Muslim site to establish his claim. Re-check that, bud. cheesy

wikipedia is an encyclopaedia that cites arguments and the perspectives from both sides and with historical references.

obviously,i cannot bring a sunni article on the event of Ghadir Khumm because your aim is to bury it.but i can bring shia articles with sunni references.the event is recorded in your books.

And, for your info and other readers, the verse: (الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِى وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الأِسْلاَمَ دِيناً) meaning: This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (Q5:3) It's not revealed for that reason as innumerable Muslim scholars incontestably report. This is an indisputable truth believed by virtually all.
those are your semi literate scholars who were paid from the purse of banu ummayya and the stolen money of the ummah whose aim is to distort history and invent tales.

if you deny the verse of completion was revealed on the event of Ghadir Khumm,then what do you say about the verse of warning to the Prophet?what was it that had the Prophet not propagate,it would have rendered his entire mission fruitless?why did Allah say He will protect the Prophet?what was this revelation about that after years of preaching the Prophet needed divine protection to propagate a particular message the verse is hinting on?

here is the verse:

[Quran 5:67] O Messenger! proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief). For Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

The verse was revealed during the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, farewell pilgrimage on Arafat day. In the narration collected by Al-Bukhari in the book of Tafsir, through Tariq, he said, "The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.''

There are numerous Hadiths that support this fact that are definitely authentic and of the Mutawatir type. This Hadith was also reported from `Umar through various chains of narration.

I am afraid I have to stop from here; my time as always is finishing. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path.

“Today I have perfected your religion and completed my bounty upon
you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion.” (Quran 5:3)

Some of Sunni references which mentioned the revelation of the above verse of Quran in Ghadir Khum after the speech of the Prophet:

(1) al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19
(2) Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8, pp 290,596 from Abu Hurayra
(3) Manaqaib, by Ibn Maghazali, p19
(4) History of Damascus, Ibn Asakir, v2, p75
(5) al-Itqan, by al-Suyuti, v1, p13
(6) Manaqib, by Khawarazmi al-Hanfi, p80
(7) al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213
(cool Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p115
(9) Nuzul al-Quran, by al-Hafiz Abu Nu’aym narrated on the authority
Abu Sa’id Khudri.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
LagosShia:

wikipedia is an encyclopaedia that cites arguments and the perspectives from both sides and with historical references.

obviously,i cannot bring a sunni article on the event of Ghadir Khumm because your aim is to bury it.but i can bring shia articles with sunni references.the event is recorded in your books.
those are your semi literate scholars who were paid from the purse of banu ummayya and the stolen money of the ummah whose aim is to distort history and invent tales.

if you deny the verse of completion was revealed on the event of Ghadir Khumm,then what do you say about the verse of warning to the Prophet?what was it that had the Prophet not propagate,it would have rendered his entire mission fruitless?why did Allah say He will protect the Prophet?what was this revelation about that after years of preaching the Prophet needed divine protection to propagate a particular message the verse is hinting on?

here is the verse:

[Quran 5:67] O Messenger! proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief). For Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

Some of Sunni references which mentioned the revelation of the above verse of Quran in Ghadir Khum after the speech of the Prophet:

(cool Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p115
Abu Sa’id Khudri.

Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
@"muhsin"

here is the verse:

( Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p115
Abu Sa’id Khudri.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by muhsin(m): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
Salam,

I was just surfing my system when I found this piece. I had started composing it to post it here before things "deteriorates" further. Although not fully organized, or even finished, I will post it. Maybe some of you might find some of its content useful and worth reading. Here it is:

Assalamu alaikum,

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I believe I don’t have to repeat myself since I have already mentioned my intent on another thread that I want you and me to peacefully resolve one issue concerning Shiite doctrine, which, quite unfortunately you seem to have started snipping at. Forgive the language if it sounds rude; I can’t do less as I am at times temperamental. But that, be rest assured, isn’t going to affect the free flow of our discussion here, inshaAllah.

Well, engaging one in such a discussion isn’t a tea party as one might think especially to a student like me—still under his teachers’ instructions. I’ve been wondering where to start. They say: to begin is to start from the beginning, thus I’ll start from there here too.

Sister Uplawal, could you please, briefly, tell me what you know about Ahl-Sunnah wal Jama’ah? Secondly, what do you know about the Shiite sect? Where do you think the former is wrong, and the latter right and why/how?

Thanks very much. May Allah, the All Knower, guide us to the right path, amin.

• Shiites concept of dissimulation wreaks on simple-minded Muslims.
• Prophet’s Companions are far from deserving curse.
• Ahlus Sunnah and Shiites: which one is on the correct path?
How can there be any compromise or link between the Ahl-us-Sunnah and the Shi’it? The Ahlus- Sunnah are those who uphold the Qur'aan and the Hadeeth (Sunnah). It is through them that Allah, the Exalted, has protected the deen. They are those who engaged in Jihaad for the glory and dignity of Islam and established the glorious history of Islam.

On the other hand the state of the Shiites is that they are those who curse and insult the Sahabah ((RAma). They are those who are denigrating and demolishing Islam. For, indeed, it is the Sahaabah (RAma) who are the ones through whom the Deen has been passed down to us. So those people, who curse and insult them, in reality, are destroying Islam.

Therefore, how can there be any association or compromise between the Ahl-us-Sunnah and the Shiites whilst they Shiites curse and denigrate the three Khulafaa: Abu Bakr Siddeeq, Umar Faarooq and Uthman, (RAma) ?

If they had any sense, they would know and appreciate that they are in reality cursing the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) himself. Abu Bakr and Umar (RAma) were both fathers-in-law of the Prophet (S.A.W). Also, during the lifetime of the Prophet (S.A.W) both were his right hand men; and after his demise, it is they who had great worry feeling for the welfare of the Deen. Who else has ever been honoured with such a position and honour as was granted to these two? Again, it is these two who had always participated and had been with the Prophet (S.A.W) during all the Ghazaawaat (battles). These facts are enough to refute the Shiite beliefs.

As for Uthmaan (RA), he was the husband to two daughters of the Prophet (S.A.W). It is clear that Allah, the Exalted, does not choose for His Rasool (S.A.W) a son-in-law and companions except those who are the best.

If the Shiites are true to their claims, then could they explain why Rasoolullaah (S.A.W) did not forewarn the Ummah and clarify the alleged enmity of the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha (ie Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthmaan (RAm) towards Islam?

Their insults and curses are not limited just to the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha but are also directed towards Ali (RA). Because Ali (RA) himself, in Masjid Rabia, gave the oath of allegiance (bai'ah) to Abu Bakr (RA) and also gave his daughter, Umm Kulthum, (RA), in marriage to Umar (RA). He also willingly gave the oath of allegiance (bai'ah) to Uthmaan (RA). Not only this, but he was actually the right hand man and a well-wisher of the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha. So could Ali (RA) have chosen a kaafir as a son-in-law for himself? And could Ali (RA) have given the oath of allegiance (bai'ah), as he did, to a kaafir? Subhaan Allaah! This indeed is a great accusation!

Furthermore, how do these Shiites curse and insult Umm ul Mu'mineen (mother of the Believers) A'isha (RAha) when Allah, the Exalted, Himself has mentioned her in the Qur'aan as the mother of the believers?

Allaah tabaarak wa ta'aalaa says:

"The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their (believers) mothers (as regards respect and marriage)." (al-Ahzaab, verse 6)

There is no doubt whatsoever that only that person will curse and insult Umm al-Mu'mineen who does not consider her to be a mother. Because for one who does have a mother, does not curse and insult her, but loves her.

Hadith:

Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: ‘Do not slander my Companions, for if one of you were to spend an amount of gold equivalent to the size of Mount Uhud, you would not even come halfway up to their level." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3379). So by slandering the Companions (Sahabah) you would be committing Kufr!

The Prophet said: "The best of my nation is my genaration, then those who follow them, and then those who follow them." Sahih Bukhari

So how can we insult someone who were more pious and who loved the Prophet (S.A.W) more than any other generation. All I say to the Shiites is fear Allah and stop these insulting lies about the wives of the Prophet (S.A.W) May Allah Guide the Shiites to the True Islam, and May Allah show us what the Shiites really are, Ameen.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by LagosShia: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2011
@"muhsin da wahhabi drama queen",

soon expect my complete reply using both Quran and authentic hadiths to refute your not-so-skillful-brainwashing meant for the unsuspecting and innocent minds.i will tear down your wahhabi propaganda machine,inshaAllah,and for now let your heart of little faith tremble greatly.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Mushin,
Is that why it was reported in your book that the Prophet(pbuh)

Anyone who hold on to Quran and Sunah would not be misguided
Anyone who hold on to Quran and my household would not be guided
Anyone who hold on to the book of Allah will not be guided.All in your hadith.

Why would people from your sect label those adhering only to the last one kafri?
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by Araboy(m): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2011
I find it amusing how Muslims can't get along I pity Lagos Shia and Ifyalways who are surrounded buy some extreme wahabi up in here I mean the Yoruba crew lead by jarus  this section should be labeled Islam for Wahabis rather than Islam for Muslims ان الله لا يغير ما بقو م حتي يغير و ا ما با نفسهم
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by chiefImam2: 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
Muslim brothers and sisters, why all these. Pleas others are watching, and reading. I think this space ( Islam for Muslims) is meant to educates people, and not to antagonise our selves. Pleas. I beg you with the beautiful names of Allah to stop, and let's educate our selves.
Re: Sister Uplawal: Wouldn't We Have Our Discussion Here? by ShiaMuslim: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2011
muhsin:

• Shiites concept of dissimulation wreaks on simple-minded Muslims.

TAQIYYAH or “Expedient Dissimulation” in the Holy Quran:

"Anyone who after accepting faith in Allah utters unbelief except under compulsion his heart remaining firm in faith but such as open their breast to unbelief on them is Wrath from Allah and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty"
Surah An-Nahal, verse 106

Let not the believers take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
Surah Al-Imran, verse 28

[Holy Quran 40:28] A believer, a man from among the people of Pharaoh, who had concealed his faith, said: "Will ye slay a man because he says, 'My Lord is Allah'?- when he has indeed come to you with Clear (Signs) from your Lord? and if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!

Surah Qasas verses 10-12 wherein this matter is discussed:

And the heart of the mother of Moses became void, and she would have betrayed him if We had not fortified her heart, that she might be of the believers.
And she said unto his sister: Trace him. So she observed him from afar, and they perceived not.
And We had before forbidden foster-mothers for him, so she said: Shall I show you a household who will rear him for you and take care of him?

[Holy Quran 12:4] When Yusuf said to his father: O my father! surely I saw eleven stars and the sun and the moon-- I saw them making obeisance to me.
[Holy Quran 12:5] He said: O my son! do not relate your vision to your brothers, lest they devise a plan against you; surely the Shaitan is an open enemy to man.

• Prophet’s Companions are far from deserving curse.

We read the following traditions in Sahih al-Bukhari:

Hadith: 8.578
Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount". 'Abdullah added: The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount, and some of you will be brought in front of me till I will see them and then they will be taken away from me and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'You do not know what they did after you had left.' Hadith: 8.584

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Some of my companions will come to me at my Lake Fount, and after I recognise them, they will then be taken away from me, whereupon I will say, 'My companions!' Then it will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you."
(also Sahih Muslim, part 15, pp 53-54)

Hadith: 8.585

Narrated Abu Hazim from Sahl bin Sa'd:

The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor (forerunner) at the Lake-Fount, and whoever will pass by there, he will drink from it and whoever will drink from it, he will never be thirsty. There will come to me some people whom I will recognise, and they will recognise me, but a barrier will be placed between me and them.

" Abu Hazim added: Nu'man bin Abi 'Aiyash, on hearing me, said. "Did you hear this from Sahl?" I said, "Yes." He said, " I bear witness that I heard Abu Said al-Khudri saying the same, adding that the Prophet said: 'I will say: They are my companions. Then it will be said to me, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you left'.

I will say, 'Far removed, far removed (from mercy), those who changed after me." Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection a group of companions will come to me, but will be driven away from the Lake-Fount, and I will say, 'O Lord (those are) my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge as to what they innovated after you left; they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from the true Islam)"

Hadith: 8.587

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "While I was sleeping, a group (of my followers were brought close to me), and when I recognised them, a man (an angel) came out from amongst (us) me and them, he said (to them), 'Come along.' I asked, 'Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah' I asked, 'what is wrong with them?' He said, 'They turned APOSTATE as renegades after you left.

' Then behold! (Another) group (of my followers) were brought close to me, and when I recognised them, a man (an angel) came out from (me and them) he said (to them); Come along.'I asked, "Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah.' I asked, 'What is wrong with them?' He said, 'They turned APOSTATE as renegades after you left. So I did not see anyone of them escaping except a few who were like camels without a shepherd."
Faced with such explicit traditions the Nasibis often try to re-define Sahaba here, namely that the words dont refer to the Sahaba per se but in fact refer to the Ummah as a whole throughout history (ie. that the vast bulk of the Ummah will be in the fire). To counter this we suggest Nasibis check the Arabic it says the words Sahaba. We are yet to find any Arabic dictionary that states the word Sahaba has the connotation of Ummah.

Further proofs come from the wording of the traditions. In addition 8: 587 'They turned APOSTATE as renegades after you left.' When you LEAVE somebody, you do so having already BEEN WITH THEM, (i.e. he had been amongst them). The words "after you left" clearly indicate that the group being referred to are those who survived the Prophet (S) ie. the Sahaba. This is absolutely logical, when a parent dies, they leave behind them their children - they have survived their parents-they dont leave behind all their descendents until the day of resurrection.

Moreover in tradition 8: 585 Rasulullah (s) says There will come to me some people whom I will RECOGNIZE and in 8: 587 "While I was sleeping, a group (of my followers were brought close to me), and when I RECOGNIZED them. Now in both of these hadith our infallible Prophet (S) refers to a group "whom I will recognise" - I can only recognise someone if I have SEEN that person - common sense Rasulullah (s)s surprise is because he is seeing those who he sat with (companions) being lead into the fire.

These authentic traditions make it clear that the vast bulk of Sahaba

(1) Innovated
(2) Became Kaafir
(3) Only a few will be saved from the fire!

These are the Sahaba who are kafirs and yet the Shias are called kafirs for repeating the words of the Prophet (s). If calling the Sahaba kafir makes you one then this is the view espoused by your beloved Shaykh Bukhari.

• Ahlus Sunnah and Shiites: which one is on the correct path?
How can there be any compromise or link between the Ahl-us-Sunnah and the Shi’it? The Ahlus- Sunnah are those who uphold the Qur'aan and the Hadeeth (Sunnah). It is through them that Allah, the Exalted, has protected the deen. They are those who engaged in Jihaad for the glory and dignity of Islam and established the glorious history of Islam.

First let me remind you that Iran and Hezbollah the foremost fighters and supporters of the palestinian cause and who actually give them support in all forms are shia and not sunnis.the sunnis especially those of the arabian peninsula,which coincidentally is the cradle of islam,only care about dubai,flashy cars,gold and finding loopholes to escape sharia and do haram acts.

Who are the saved ones and who is right?let us hear the words of the Prophet:

The Messenger of Allah said to Ali: "Glad tiding O Ali! Verily you and your companions and your Shia (followers) will be in Paradise."

Sunni references:
1. Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p655
2. Hilyatul Awliyaa, by Abu Nu'aym, v4, p329
3. Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v12, p289
4. al-Awsat, by al-Tabarani
5. Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v10, pp 21-22
6. al-Darqunti, who said this tradition has been transmitted via numerous authorities.
7. al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami , Ch. 11, section 1, p247

On the other hand the state of the Shiites is that they are those who curse and insult the Sahabah ((RAma). They are those who are denigrating and demolishing Islam. For, indeed, it is the Sahaabah (RAma) who are the ones through whom the Deen has been passed down to us. So those people, who curse and insult them, in reality, are destroying Islam.

The sahabas should no doubt be respected for the good they did.there are good ones among them and also bad ones and hyporcites.you just cannot lump all the sahabas as one as if they were angels sent from heaven.that is the simple common sense you fail to see and you try to use over-simplicity to make your case which does not hold.

Therefore, how can there be any association or compromise between the Ahl-us-Sunnah and the Shiites whilst they Shiites curse and denigrate the three Khulafaa: Abu Bakr Siddeeq, Umar Faarooq and Uthman, (RAma) ?

If they had any sense, they would know and appreciate that they are in reality cursing the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) himself. Abu Bakr and Umar (RAma) were both fathers-in-law of the Prophet (S.A.W). Also, during the lifetime of the Prophet (S.A.W) both were his right hand men; and after his demise, it is they who had great worry feeling for the welfare of the Deen. Who else has ever been honoured with such a position and honour as was granted to these two? Again, it is these two who had always participated and had been with the Prophet (S.A.W) during all the Ghazaawaat (battles). These facts are enough to refute the Shiite beliefs.

Allah does not need the help of men to make His deen prevail.if men do good it is for their own good.if they do bad,Allah’s will will prevail all the same.do not be deceived that it was this man or that man that helped Allah’s chosen men or helped make islam prevail.Islam will prevail whether anyone does this or that and that is the promise of Allah.the Quran is an everlasting testimony to that.

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.(At-Taubah: 33)

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion. And Allah sufficeth as a Witness.(al-Fath: 28)
“If anyone thinks that Allah will not help Muhammad in this world and the hearafter, let them stretch out a rope to the ceiling and cut themselves off, then let them see whether their plan will remove that which enrages them.” [Al-Hajj: 15]

“We surely will give aid to our Prophets and those who believed in this world and on the day when the witnesses will stand forth. The Day when the oppressors’ excuses will be of no benefit to them, to them is the curse, and to them is the worst of dwellings.” [Ghaafir: 51-52]

“Those who oppose Allah and His Prophets, they will be in disgrace. Allah has written My Prophets and I will be victorious.” [Al-Mujaadalah: 20-21]

As for Uthmaan (RA), he was the husband to two daughters of the Prophet (S.A.W). It is clear that Allah, the Exalted, does not choose for His Rasool (S.A.W) a son-in-law and companions except those who are the best.

So why did Allah give and made out of the loins of Noah (as) a son that is cursed?

The point you should know when talking about relations,is the fact that blood ties have no role in making one enter paradise.your father can be a prophet like Noah and you can still be destined for damnation.

See how Allah denied Noah his son and even pointed out that because of his unrighteousness,he is far from being related to Noah.dont use sentiment and drama to separate right from wrong and truth from falsehood:

[b]HOLY QURAN 11:45-46:[/B]
And Noah called upon his Lord and said: "O my Lord! surely my son is of my family! and Thy promise is true and Thou art the Justest of Judges!" (45) He said: "O Noah! he is not of thy family: for his conduct is unrighteous. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge! I give thee counsel, lest thou become one of the ignorant!"

If the Shiites are true to their claims, then could they explain why Rasoolullaah (S.A.W) did not forewarn the Ummah and clarify the alleged enmity of the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha (ie Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthmaan (RAm) towards Islam?

How can a companion who insulted the Prophet be so beloved by you?
Did your umar not disobey the Prophet and refused to give him ink and paper to write a will after which the muslims will not go astray? What word did he use to insult the Prophet? didnt umar said the Prophet was talking “nonsense”? was the Prophet not angry with him? You can try to cover up for him over your own Prophet and the Messenger of Allah.but I would not.read the “hadith of the pen and paper”. you are annoyed about someone who insulted and angered the Prophet because of his own worldly plans.

Their insults and curses are not limited just to the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha but are also directed towards Ali (RA). Because Ali (RA) himself, in Masjid Rabia, gave the oath of allegiance (bai'ah) to Abu Bakr (RA) and also gave his daughter, Umm Kulthum, (RA), in marriage to Umar (RA). He also willingly gave the oath of allegiance (bai'ah) to Uthmaan (RA). Not only this, but he was actually the right hand man and a well-wisher of the Khulafaa ath-Thalaatha. So could Ali (RA) have chosen a kaafir as a son-in-law for himself? And could Ali (RA) have given the oath of allegiance (bai'ah), as he did, to a kaafir? Subhaan Allaah! This indeed is a great accusation!

If you want to debate or hold a sane dialogue with me that is far from drama (as you’re used to) or making up fairytales then you’re welcome.if not,then keep your stories to yourself.

It is a known fact from sunni hadiths,that the issue of allegiance of Imam Ali to abu bakr is disputed.some hadiths report that Imam Ali never paid allegiance.some other report that he did six months after he had refused.he only finally paid allegiance after the passing away of his wife,the Prophet’s daughter,who was well opposed to abu bakr.whether he did or did not,it does not change the fact that on the day of Ghadir Khum as also reported in sunni hadiths,the Prophet declared Imam Ali as his divinely appointed successor.see “the hadith of the pond of ghadir khumm”
Imam Ali giving his daughter to a very old man called umar is out of every logic.the Prophet had denied umar marriage to his own daughter,Sayyidah Fatima.how would that old man marry one of the youngest children of Sayyidah Fatima?it is also known that umar had more than one wife by the name of “umm kulthum”.the story that Imam Ali gave his daughter to umar is another fantasy story made up by fools just like the so many fake and fabricated hadith stories invented to cover up the tragedy of ashura and its significance in relation to Imam Hussain.

I do not discuss your fantasies.keep them to yourself.if you want to discuss issues that are of dispute between shia and sunnis,then please do.not some dubious stories coined for known purposes.

Furthermore, how do these Shiites curse and insult Umm ul Mu'mineen (mother of the Believers) A'isha (RAha) when Allah, the Exalted, Himself has mentioned her in the Qur'aan as the mother of the believers?

Allaah tabaarak wa ta'aalaa says:

"The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their (believers) mothers (as regards respect and marriage)." (al-Ahzaab, verse 6)

“mother of the believers” means you and I (meaning any muslim) cannot marry the wives of the Prophet after his death.the verse doesn’t make them “mother of the believers” because they are your “mothers” when at the same time the Quran says the Prophet is not “our father”.if they are our mothers then the Prophet must be our father.but the Quran rejects that.the verse was revealed in order to forbid any muslim from marrying them after the Prophet.aside from that,the many evidences that stand against Aisha from the mouth of the Holy Prophet are enough for us to simply at least just ignore her.

There is no doubt whatsoever that only that person will curse and insult Umm al-Mu'mineen who does not consider her to be a mother. Because for one who does have a mother, does not curse and insult her, but loves her.

It doesn’t mean because a woman is your mother,if she is evil people would not say the truth about her.again you’re using sentiments and stirring emotions to make a case.your case must be based on facts and logic.not emotions.

Hadith:

Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: ‘Do not slander my Companions, for if one of you were to spend an amount of gold equivalent to the size of Mount Uhud, you would not even come halfway up to their level." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3379). So by slandering the Companions (Sahabah) you would be committing Kufr!

The Prophet said: "The best of my nation is my genaration, then those who follow them, and then those who follow them." Sahih Bukhari

So how can we insult someone who were more pious and who loved the Prophet (S.A.W) more than any other generation. All I say to the Shiites is fear Allah and stop these insulting lies about the wives of the Prophet (S.A.W) May Allah Guide the Shiites to the True Islam, and May Allah show us what the Shiites really are, Ameen.

Firstly,I have provided you hadiths from sunni sources where the Prophet showed that (some) of his companions will go astray and be turned away from paradise.

Secondly,there are many noteworthy companions of high esteem and we truly love and honor them.it should be of note to you for you to ask yourself:why is the problem only with those who held power?these men were corrupt and went out of the way.they didn’t even spare the Prophet before he passed away.both abu bakr and umar were picked for the army under Usama Ibn Zayd but they refused to go when they sensed the Prophet’s end was near and their time to grab power was getting closer.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola And Muslims! / Will Muslims Go To Heaven? / The Solution To Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.