Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo (1447 Views)

Policemen In Uniforms Playing "Baba Ijebu" (Photo) / PDP Sweeps Akwa Ibom Re-run Election / BREAKING NEWS - Ekiti State PDP Sweeps All The 16 Lgas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by fstranger6: 1:34am On Jan 07, 2011
PDP primaries: Adebutu wins Remo federal constituency seat

| Print | E-mail
Written by Dare Adekanmbi
Friday, 07 January 2011
THE son of Chief Kessington Adebutu, a business tycoon, Chief Ladi Adebutu, on Thursday, won the House of Representatives seat for Remo constituency on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Chief Adebutu won convincingly with 742 votes, to defeat two other aspirants, Chief Fatai Sowemimo and Honourable Dave Salako, who is a two-term representative from the zone.

The defeated aspirants had seven and 10 votes respectively.

The election, which was conduct in an atmosphere devoid of rancour and violence, had the governor of the state, Chief Gbenga Daniel, who cast his vote around 2.30 p.m and politicians from Remoland, in attendance.

The House of Representatives candidate, in his reaction to the victory, burst into tears, which his associates described as tears of joy.

In an interview with newsmen, the father of the candidate, Chief Adebutu, expressed joy at the emergence of his son as the candidate from Remoland.

“I am so happy about the whole arrangement. As you can see, everything is orderly. I am not a politician and I do not intend to be one. But I have to support my son, although politics is not my bread and butter,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15833-pdp-primaries-adebutu-wins-remo-federal-constituency-seat
Re: Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 07, 2011
FSTRANGER! MY BEST FRIEND!!!  kiss

Errm congrats to Ijebu.
Re: Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by PhysicsHD: 1:54am On Jan 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

FSTRANGER! MY BEST FRIEND!!!  kiss

Errm congrats to Ijebu.

190's hittin' that? Just like that? Nigeria > Cameroon. grin

Props to 190.
Re: Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 07, 2011
^No! angry He is not. and Nigeria > Cameroon. Rubbish.
Re: Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by PhysicsHD: 2:06am On Jan 07, 2011
Oh. My mistake.

My sincere wink apologies.
Re: Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Jan 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

^No! angry He is not. and Nigeria > Cameroon. Rubbish.

why not sister,,, undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ne / The Situation In Oyo State / Boko Haram Will Die Soon - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.