Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? (3997 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by nurabela: 1:37am On Jan 07, 2011
Some men hold onto immaturity and fears that are unnecessary. Hence they delay making proposal. How can you make your boyfriend marry you? What strategy are you going to adopt such that he doesn't feel compelled to initiate proposal?
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Carolece(f): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2011
to me that would be forced marriage, which is wrong by either s3x. What's the rush? When two people are together and its the right time to get marry the two will know and make arrangements (I think and hope).
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by adamsrib(f): 1:58am On Jan 07, 2011
Do you really want to manipulate someone to get them to marry you? If you have to resort to that type of behavior you will never feel secure in your marriage. How you get to the alter is just as important as the person you've chosen to go there with. I know it's hard but you cannot do the emotional work for someone else. Nor can you rush the process. If you have to beg, plead, cry, threaten or manipulate to get what you want from him, then he may not be the one for you.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Orton10(m): 2:01am On Jan 07, 2011
Gurl get 'em belly full of his unborn kids.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by ekubear1: 2:03am On Jan 07, 2011
Getting pregnant usually does the trick.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Carolece(f): 2:08am On Jan 07, 2011
eku_bear:

Getting pregnant usually does the trick.
Really?

So I wonder what generally lead to women being single moms.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by ekubear1: 2:14am On Jan 07, 2011
^-- A good point. Guess it depends on the guy.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 07, 2011
You cannot MAKE your man do anything, it's all about his mindset.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Orton10(m): 2:20am On Jan 07, 2011
^
You're either a man urself or a single momma.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by amefi(m): 2:24am On Jan 07, 2011
Orton1_0:

^

pls dont pour ur hot poo on my baby.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 07, 2011
Orton1_0:

^

And you are either slow or not to bright  angry grin
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Orton10(m): 2:31am On Jan 07, 2011
^
I wonder what dat means
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Orton10(m): 2:32am On Jan 07, 2011
amefi:

pls dont pour your hot poo on my baby.

sorry o.
I only made an observation.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 07, 2011
If you are trying to MAKE someone marry you, you are asking for a mess of troubles. Me, I don't want any future problems, I wouldn't force any man into commitment.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Girl846(f): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2011
If he loves you and you are "THE ONE", He will propose! simple as that.
I know its not easy, but you should continue to be patient. I am traditional and believe that men should be the chasers and initiators of such things!
If it is meant to be - it will happen!

Would you live a happy, fulfilled and secure married life knowing that the only reason you two are married is because you manipulated him?
Wouldn't you prefer knowing that your man proposed to you out of free will- because he loves you and cannot live without you?

I see people advising her to get pregnant - that is very risky and it is not morally right!!
1) What if the man does not want the child and leaves? Then you will have to spend your days as a single mother.
2) What if he finds out you got pregnant to trap him - he would resent you for it and it will damage your "marriage".

And we all wonder why young marriages are breaking up these days. smh undecided
Some things are just not meant to be and forcing it will not lead to an ultimately good result.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Girl846(f): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2011
nurabela:

Some men hold onto immaturity and fears that are unnecessary. Hence they delay making proposal. How can you make your boyfriend marry you? What strategy are you going to adopt such that he doesn't feel compelled to initiate proposal?

@poster, Going from situations I have seen;
I am going to be bluntly honest with you, with all due respect, It is probably your fault that you are stuck in this situation because you have made your man too comfortable in his current state as just gf and bf!

Ever heard the saying "why buy the cow when the milk is free?"

Your man is probably getting all the "milk" (household help, sex, help with funds etc) for free and is content with that, so he does not see any immediate benefit in buying the cow (marrying you). You have been doing wifely duties when you ARE NOT THE WIFE!

(^ please correct me if I am wrong ^)

If you want this man to propose to you, he has to see an advantage or benefit that he is not currently getting from you as his gf that he would get if he makes you his wife!

Play your role as a girlfriend and if he like what he sees and wants the full package - he would marry you!
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by PUMBA1(f): 10:54am On Jan 07, 2011
Though I may be young but I surely know you don't wanna know the end of a manipulated marriage. Trust me, don't do that!
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Wislet(f): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2011
Girl846:

@poster, Going from situations I have seen;
I am going to be bluntly honest with you, with all due respect, It is probably your fault that you are stuck in this situation because you have made your man too comfortable in his current state as just gf and bf!

Ever heard the saying "why buy the cow when the milk is free?"

Your man is probably getting all the "milk" (household help, sex, help with funds etc) for free and is content with that, so he does not see any immediate benefit in buying the cow (marrying you). You have been doing wifely duties when you ARE NOT THE WIFE!

(^ please correct me if I am wrong ^)

If you want this man to propose to you, he has to see an advantage or benefit that he is not currently getting from you as his gf that he would get if he makes you his wife!

Play your role as a girlfriend and if he like what he sees and wants the full package - he would marry you!
Thank u. Some ladies think giving all would make de man realize wat good marriageable material they are. Foul. Girlfriend should have its limits. If he wants a wife, he knows wat to do. Simple.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by iice(f): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
People are different. Know the person you are, the person you're with and you'll know if he/she will be your husband/wife.

I've seen people give their all and end up wives.
I've those who gave little and end up wives.
Just like those who give their all and end up no where
As those who gave little and end up no where.

Some people need a nudge just as some people find the nudge to be nag.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by MOBO444(f): 4:34am On Jan 08, 2011
@poster,if you stop doing the girlfriend/wify duties like Sex,cash support,taking care of him,i bet you other ladies ll take your place and you end up single in the street again. Now talking of wify duties,i was of the opionion that wify duties was to make babies,etc.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Dsense(m): 4:51am On Jan 08, 2011
iice:

People are different. Know the person you are, the person you're with and you'll know if he/she will be your husband/wife.

I've seen people give their all and end up wives.
I've those who gave little and end up wives.
Just like those who give their all and end up no where
As those who gave little and end up no where.

Some people need a nudge just as some people find the nudge to be nag.

very right!
I wonder why you can't still contest for the nigerian Presidency grin
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by iice(f): 5:38am On Jan 08, 2011
lmao. I've been told i won't make a good politician grin
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Dsense(m): 5:42am On Jan 08, 2011
I can be in charge of money if you don't like stress . . .pls let's contest after the election grin
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by iice(f): 5:44am On Jan 08, 2011
I would still make a poor politician grin
But i will vote for you to handle the money tongue
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by Dsense(m): 5:46am On Jan 08, 2011
^^^Thanks . . .I would deliever your msg to the world if you vote for me . . . . Your own is to dictate for me and i would accomplish all your wishes grin
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by dbigrod(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2011
Op,theRe is no strategy to pin a guy down.if u are good enough to be married,he would marry u.check urself cos even d most irresponsible guy knows a wife when he sees one.if u get urself pregnant,he may still not marry u.if he does,he may not love u rather u may be nothing more than his furniture.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by dbigrod(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2011
Op,girls like u make us scared.besides u shld knw dat a typical naija guy is too smart for people like u.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by hbabe(f): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2011
You cannot make your boyfriend to marry you; if you have been dating for over 2 months and he has not mentioned marriage or intention to marry you when he is able to then he may never marry you.  But if he mentioned it earlier in the relationship and is shying away from doing it then you can sit him down and ask him to start the marriage stuff.
I have realised that guys know who they will marry within weeks of dating them.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by doggyall: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2011
F-u-c-k him right period.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by hbabe(f): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2011
doggyall:

F-u-c-k him right period.
Doesnt work that way o.
A girl may know and make all the right moves in bed and had very bad character/manners outside the bedroom; so the guy will just enjoy the loot given to him and discard the donor afterwards.
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by iz2much: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2011
dont mind them joor
get prego 4 him
Re: How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? by damola1: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2011
baby mamas full town now, boys are not smilin oh,

People are people and people are different, some you can scare, some you can scope, but some can never allow scare or scope, We are all different.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Be Honest Who Lies Most In A Relationship Guys Or Ladies? / Just Take A Look At Oyakhilome's Two Daughters *PIX* / 8 Types Of Wives We Have.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.