Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

My Girlfriend Is So Boring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is So Boring (25598 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pope732901(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
I've been with this girl for about six months. She is actually everything I looked for in a girl - gentle, lovely, igbo, intelligent, has a lovely diction, excellently dressed, neat, and rubs my back right.

But she is not fun to be with! She is intelligent, and gets very good grades at school.

But she does not say intelligent things! She only thinks about boring things, and has no interest in any half way intellectual discussion. Her favorite activity is just staying at home and lying in bed or watching Nollywood movies. I feel like we never really say or do anything worthwhile.

Also, we never do anything really fun together, because of her lethargy. I like doing things like running, jogging,  climbing, going through bars, visiting weird stuff, trying new things but with her, her lethargy just infects me and all I want to do is chill and watch TV.

And she is the type of person that wants me to always do things with her, she expects a boyfriend and girlfriend to always spend time together. Basically, she wants to be my best friend, but is not able to intellectually interest me like my usual friends do!

She is dependent, wants me to do everything in the relationship and when I ask her, all she tells me is that "You're the guy" and it just disgust me so much because I believe in two sided relationship whereby no one is to rely on the other to take a step first. If you're in the position to do anything in the relationship, just do what comes naturally and not wait for your partner.

It's a confusing situation, what could I do?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
Hmmmn,

You should have known your gurl's behaviour before now
Anyway, maybe you should tell her, or help her. You could help her not to be too boring

For instance, when you are together, bring up lively discussions, if she wouldn't, and see if she would blend, if she doesn't then i guess that is just her attitude and there is nothing anyone can do about it

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
If you are soooooooooooo exciting, then teach her how to have fun.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by deniyor: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
I feel you bro, been there done that. Just enjoy the experience for as long as it lasts. Figure out and learn what to do in the process.
It is ok for couples to be different but they hv to do some things together, and let the other person be in other things. good luck

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by thweraja10: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
Bro i know how you feel its like she doesnt want sex, if you think she is boring spend money take her out, you cant be out on a beach and be boring infact when you spoil her with good thing she will not only jug she will run with you on the beach.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
thweraja10:

Bro i know how you feel its like she doesnt want sex, if you think she is boring spend money take her out, you cant be out on a beach and be boring infact when you spoil her with good thing she will not only jug she will run with you on the beach.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

so so true wink cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Blackteeth(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2011
You said your girlfriend is intelligent but she does not say intelligent things.
Pheeew!!

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Onchedu(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
Admitted some girls are dry no matter who they are around but that's rare.

Dude, if U don't find her interesting, chances are Ur not stimulating her mind enough. Girls respond and react more easily than they initiate.

Maybe U two just don't have the chemistry yet?

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by thweraja10: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
so so true Wink Cheesy

Abi now, May be its the guy thats not even romantic, Who knos

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pope732901(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
Omolola1:

Hmmmn,

You should have known your gurl's behaviour before now
Anyway, maybe you should tell her, or help her. You could help her not to be too boring

For instance, when you are together, bring up lively discussions, if she wouldn't, and see if she would blend, if she doesn't then i guess that is just her attitude and there is nothing anyone can do about it

I have a whole lot of intelligent questions and topic to discuss with her but it wouldn't work out.

rokiatu:

If you are soooooooooooo exciting, then teach her how to have fun.

I don't wanna be anyone's babysitter.

deniyor:

I feel you bro, been there done that. Just enjoy the experience for as long as it lasts. Figure out and learn what to do in the process.
It is ok for couples to be different but they hv to do some things together, and let the other person be in other things. good luck

Thank brother, you really understand.

thweraja10:

Sex is not the issue, our sex life is GREAT!. Would I have to take her to the beach everyday or weekend?

Onchedu:

Admitted some girls are dry no matter who they are around but that's rare.

Dude, if U don't find her interesting, chances are your not stimulating her mind enough. Girls respond and react more easily than they initiate.

Maybe U two just don't have the chemistry yet?

humm
thweraja10:

Abi now, May be its the guy thats not even romantic, Who knos

Tell me, what has romance got to do with someone being boring? I think you should read my post again.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by 190: 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
Poster are you dating LOCAL and VILLAGE gurls like (Ta-pa-3-1)

cos Village girl's normally exhibit this kinda character,
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2011
pope732901:

I don't wanna be anyone's babysitter.
Did you even understand my question, or are you as dull as her as well I mean take her out there, get her out of the house, try to bring spice into her life.

You are her bf after all, and you know your gf life is boring what are u doing abt it? Why are you her bf after all undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Basildon1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
The ideal girlfriend shouldnt be a copy of you, this is nothing to be worried about. Just do your thing when you get bored and get her to accompany you when you having fun
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by babyme1(f): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2011
From your description of her,she is an introvert. She is someone that prefers to stay indoors,procrastinate,and not ready to take any action on her own bc she is comfortable in her zone and not willing to make any mistake. But mark my words,such personality is the best with the right kind of push from a loved one.

On the other hand,you are an extrovert who likes action,and from my experience,she is the right kind of person for you bc she will slow u down where u want to move too fast and you will push her on where she tends to be too slow. Be spantenous any time u are with her,encourage her to make more friends and hang out some time. There is a great personality under that cold/boring person. Cheers wink

29 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pope732901(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
baby.me:

From your description of her,she is an introvert. She is someone that prefers to stay indoors,procrastinate,and not ready to take any action on her own bc she is comfortable in her zone and not willing to make any mistake. But mark my words,such personality is the best with the right kind of push from a loved one.

On the other hand,you are an extrovert who likes action,and from my experience,she is the right kind of person for you bc she will slow u down where u want to move too fast and you will push her on where she tends to be too slow. Be spantenous any time u are with her,encourage her to make more friends and hang out some time. There is a great personality under that cold/boring person. Cheers wink

You're GREAT!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by thweraja10: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2011

Sex is not the issue, our sex life is GREAT!. Would I have to take her to the beach everyday or weekend?

Ok make her interesting be romantic. Bring out good discussion, listen when she talks. Always wanna know what she has in mind im sure she will open up and be the most interesting person ever
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by babyme1(f): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
pope732901:

You're GREAT!
smiley smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MrCork17: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
ermmm pope732901 , bro, so are u sayin she dont give BJ? Pls clarify. cheeers! wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by ladyju(f): 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
@baby me u're the best.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by honeric01(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
baby.me:

I LOVE you kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pope732901(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mr, Cork:

ermmm pope732901 , bro, so are u sayin she dont give BJ? Pls clarify. cheeers! wink

It's because of gays like you I don't post on Nigerian sites, you talk sh*t. Coz you see me posting my problem here doesn't give you the chance to insult me ok?. Be careful.

thweraja10:

Ok make her interesting be romantic. Bring out good discussion, listen when she talks. Always wanna know what she has in mind im sure she will open up and be the most interesting person ever

Now you're talking. Thanks so much.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
Cork is like that, he doesn't mean it
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MrCork17: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2011
pope732901 , errrm Brother, your girl friend aint boooring, truyss me

she just aint feeelin you!!! wink (no oofeinse)
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pope732901(m): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mr, Cork:

pope732901 , errrm Brother, your girl friend aint boooring, truyss me

she just aint feeelin you!!! wink (no oofeinse)

You dey craze! (no offense)
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MrCork17: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
pope732901 , bro, so u been waiting for the chick for 6 months?

was u hiding at the bustop? undecided(no oofeinse)
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by babyme1(f): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
@honeric that's so sweet of you.@lady thanks gurlfriend. Cork u don come back with ur funny post,lol!
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ Baby.me ur comment rily make awhole lot of sense. U r very intelligent. Are black skin or light skin gal? Just curious 2 knw.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by honeric01(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
baby.me:

@honeric that's so sweet of you.

You are welcome, you actually made a wholla sense and i felt your intelligence. kiss cool
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by tpia1: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
I like doing things like running, jogging, climbing, going through bars, visiting weird stuff, trying new things

so why stop?

did she ask you to quit those things?
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Spclst900: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
Poster.

Na boris dey your leg wey you no dey stay one place?

No offence.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by URFATHER: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
190:

Poster are you dating LOCAL and VILLAGE gurls like[b] (Ta-pa-3-1)[/b]

cos Village girl's normally exhibit this kinda character,

Tpia1 hope u saw this

Ta-pa-3-1 means

Ta= T
pa= p
3= i
1=a

Tpia1 wat do u have to say  shocked shocked shocked why 190 yab u now him tok say u be village girl shey na tru  tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss

Mr, Cork:

we re ni bobo yi sha  grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / Please, I Need Advice What Can I Do In This Situation. / Asian Girl Looking For Black Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.