Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? (1534 Views)

Mobile Phone Voice Changer Software Needed / Using Mobile Phone With Gprswap Enable As Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by seyizee(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
putting into recognition the nature of our society and its adverse effect in all ramifications on everybody including the young innocent ones,when is the ripe age for a child to start using a mobile phone considering its importance and its inevitable shortcomings especially on a gil child?.
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
when they have the need for one.
if that child is often away from home (other than school/family) then there may be a need to contact him/her to know about their whereabouts. . . . . . . .  .so a mobile phone may be the best option unless you always know where they are (family/friends etc)
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by deniyor: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
53 yrs old
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by MaJBlige(f): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
some posts are just too childish.

Poster. At what age should you start shaving your armpit?
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by seyizee(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
Dearest MA j blige
Am sourcing for opinions of tried and tested minds,future oriented fellows,incisive calculative minds to mention but few.People of esteem value who knows that there lies ahead of them a task in their quest of training able leaders of tomorrow.
My dear,it is not compulsory that you contribute to a topic you deem to mature to comprehend, Instead you can continue to bask in the euphoria of I TOO KNOW.
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by Omolola1(f): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
the age u can receive and make calls
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by xxcarolxx(f): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
Depends on the age of the child, you can buy a mobile which the child can only call certain numbers, and receive calls from certain numbers,
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by Atreides(f): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
@OP,especially on a girl child? Meaning what? @Topic,Depends on the child and whether they'll be able to maintain it. It also depends on whether they go to school far away from home or something.
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by Phate07(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2011

5yrs! angry
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by livedit(f): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
I agree with Mr.BrownJay answer and I would also like to add that I think if the child is at fairly responsible mature-like level to be trusted with a mobile phone.
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by medjai(m): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

some posts are just too childish.

Poster. At what age should you start shaving your armpit?
On the contrary, I find this post very relevant.
I have witnessed first hand the dangers of not restricting the use of mobile phones and making it open to all.
I think as soon as they acquire some level of maturity
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by WackyJ1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
11 years. He or she should be started on touchlight
Re: What Is The Appropriate Age For Using Mobile Phone? by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 09, 2011
Akward post

Where the necessity arises.

10 year old cousin already uses a BB.

Depends on d parents sha

(1) (Reply)

Nokia E5 & C3 / How Cn I See My Online Facebook Friends On My Bb And Chat Wit Them,some1 Help / Pls How Can I Read Pdf Files With My BB Curve 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.