Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? (3183 Views)

Salary Range for Sidmach, Etranzact, Appzone, KPMG / Jamb Website Keep Sayiny "no Scannrs Connected" / Jamb Website Is Very Bad (2) (3) (4)

Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2011
I was at sidmach technologies after all effort to get my thumb scanner working proved abortive,
Based on our research, we discovered that, Sidmach developed the JAMB website in a way to disallow scanners purchased elsewhere from working.

I personally am of the opinion that every candidate deserves the right to register even with their laptop thumb scanner.
It is wrong to make money out of Nigerians that way.

I raised the issue with them at their office located at ilupeju lagos and was told they require a particular port of communication which most Nigerian ISPs block, and that was their reason for scanners not working.
First off, what went wrong with port 80, if you dont want to use port 80, there are 1000s of ports to use.
Second, why not make the software available from jamb website? I believe you were paid by the FG to get the site working.

Why milk people off software/license for N3000?
Re: Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? by noblefada: 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
I'm been having the same problems for days, which now prompted me to do a little research and found this topic. I must say its quite sad in Nigeria, where people can just wake and start duping people. we paid N6000 for the software and yet the software is not working. One wonders if not dubious reason where a company will create a software that cannot work with all scanner. Has you said, the blocking of the port by ISP is a big lie, because there are 1000s more.

I will follow them up and even report directly to jamb and other relevant bodies if this is not sorted out and I don't get a refund. My country Nigeria, when will things work the way its suppose to.

Pls keep informed if theres any development.
Re: Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? by dellnet: 6:03am On Mar 13, 2011
* Atmel FingerChip
* AuthenTec AES2501B
* AuthenTec AF-S2/AES4000
* BioLink U-Match MatchBook v.3.5
* BiometriKa HiScan
* BiometriKa FX 2000 and FX 3000
* Certis Image
* Dakty Fingerprint NAOS-A
* Dermalog ZF1
* Digent Izzix 1000
* DigitalPersona U.are.U 2000
* DigitalPersona U.are.U 4000
* DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500B
* Fujitsu MBF200
* Futronic Ethernet FAM
* Futronic FS80, FS88, FS82
* Green Bit DactyScan 26
* Hongda S680
* Identix DFR 2080, DFR 2090 and DFR 2100
* LighTuning LTT-C500
* Lumidigm Venus Series sensor
* NITGEN eNBioScan-F
* NITGEN Fingkey Hamster and Fingkey
* SecuGen Hamster Plus
* SecuGen Hamster IVk
* Startek FM200
* Tacoma CMOS
* Testech Bio-i
* TST Biometrics BiRD 3
* UPEK TouchChip TCRU1C and TCRU2C
* ZKSoftware ZK6000
* Zvetco P4000
* Zvetco P5000
* Hamster II

Above are the list of supported scanners.

noblefada:

I will follow them up and even report directly to jamb and other relevant bodies if this is not sorted out and I don't get a refund. My country Nigeria, when will things work the way its suppose to.

Pls keep informed if theres any development.
Seriously the kind of technology these people are developing is a shame. I have worked in such companies and these people are business men turned computer operators they are not enthusiast like you and me where we sit in front of the screen 24/7 researching,coding and debugging programs. This things are suppose to have API where it does not matter what interface you use to submit your application, they take Nigerians for a fool telling you "they require a particular port of communication which most Nigerian ISPs block" but in reality they know nothing about how to implement the technolgy. As of last year or 2 years ago you put your data in a compressed folder and send it to waec I don't know if they have changed it. The essence of this technology is to curb out manual process but still yet you give people more work and computer phobia. Seriously if you can't design a secured program using HTTP/HTTPS then you are incompetent. I wanted to raise this issue to waec as I have dealt a lot with schools data in Nigeria that the way these data are processed is not to any standard or conformance. Then again some of the Directors at Government agencies don't really know much about this technology and they have bad advisers lying to them about it. My hindrance is I am not always in Nigeria. So please if you guys have access please forward your complains to Jamb and Waec with all these flaws you notice if they can't fix it they should give room to those that know the technology very well.
Re: Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? by segsalerty(m): 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2011
sorry oo , This sucks, Infact Nawa for Nigeria ooo cry
INEC isshh too is nothing to tell our (grandpa that uses manual VOTING) at home about. embarassed
Shey na like this we go dey dey ?
Re: Why Will The Fg Allow Sidmach Tech Take 100% Control Of Jamb Website? by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2011
yea, those scanners are listed as supported, but trust me it is all scam.
the website will tell you scanner not found. untill you buy their very scanner that comes with 2 license keys.

you have to install both license for your scanner to work with their website.

This is a big shame on JAMB's part. No inhouse IT team at all.

How Can I Edit A PDF Online For Free? / Cost Of Developing An Application Like Youtube In Nigeria / Tell Us How You Became A Programmer & is there any other prog. In your family?