Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,504 members, 7,801,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Tongue Piercing - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tongue Piercing (4909 Views)

Why Is It Called Mother Tongue Instead Of Father Tongue / Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? / Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tongue Piercing by queensmith: 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Guess who's baack! grin grin grin grin

I think culture is the best place to put this,

what do you think about tongue piercings?
whats soo wrong with it?
why must it immediately be deemed sexual?
will you ever do it?
Re: Tongue Piercing by excanny: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^
Where are you coming from? cool

Wrong section.
Re: Tongue Piercing by queensmith: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
i pondered for long which section this should be! lol maybe the mod will put it in the right place!

excanny:

^^^
Where are you coming from? cool
what dyu mean?
Re: Tongue Piercing by MissyB3(f): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
queensmith:

Guess who's baack! grin grin grin grin
Ayettymama

queensmith:

I think culture is the best place to put this,
Romance/ General, perhaps?

queensmith:

what do you think about tongue piercings?
I'm indifferent about it!

queensmith:

whats soo wrong with it?
It's obviously not a 'Nigerian thing' but it cannot be considered wrong for that reason. To do so would be nonsensical as, most of us have our ears pierced. Ears, tongue, P*** , bellybutton etcetera are all parts of the body. It's amoral. Whatever pleases one.

queensmith:

why must it immediately be deemed sexual?
Ionno. I just can't think of any better purpose it serves other than add pleasure to MouthAction.

queensmith:

will you ever do it?
No! I'm too scared to alter any part of my body.
Re: Tongue Piercing by queensmith: 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
lol heeey missy how u doin

i guess cos i thot it was a bit of a culture clash, maybe one of the mods will do it later
Missy ★ B:

Ionno. I just can't think of any better purpose it serves other than add pleasure to MouthAction.
How about because it looks nice??
Missy ★ B:

No! I'm too scared to alter any part of my body.

me too thats even what is stopping me from doin it sef, and the fact i heard it was painful!
Re: Tongue Piercing by Batubo(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
love, love tongue piercing
I am thinking of getting one
Re: Tongue Piercing by iice(f): 3:14am On Jan 09, 2011
Love it. Know a few people with it. . .and i don't mean women grin
Re: Tongue Piercing by queensmith: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
Batubo:

love, love tongue piercing
I am thinking of getting one

eeeew!
iice:

Love it. Know a few people with it. . .and i don't mean women grin

very disturbing!
Re: Tongue Piercing by livedit(f): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2011
Yes, I have a tongue ring. I've had it for about a little over a year now. I don't think its anything wrong with it. However, I wouldn't recommend someone getting it. Mainly because it's very painful for the first few weeks after getting it. The pain is excruciating and your tongue is severly swollen. Therefore, your speech is slurred. I work in customer service so I have to talk all day and it was terrible. Having to repeat myself repeatedly because no one could barely understand me. God forbid when I have to say anything beginning with a "T" or "3". I sounded worse than Daffy Duck! I won't even preach on when I try to eat or drinking something hot or cold. But it fine now and after the "torture" I endured those 3 agonizing weeks I'm never taking it out! Lol. I guess livedit is crazy and a sucker for pain when it boils down to it. I also 8 piercings in each ear and only 3 tattoos. I also had a piercing under my bottom lip but it got infected so I took it out to later get my tongue ring. Anybody seeking to get a tongue ring make sure you take good care of it and follow the care guide. Keep plenty of ice to suck on, take IBprofen (not motrin or tylenol) and don't play with it until its COMPLETELY healed.

(1) (Reply)

European Languages Are Killing African Languages / Why Do Hausa's Flog Their Potential Inlaws? / Hausa’s Sarauta Is Something To Cherish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.