Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23081 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by DrTony1(m): 9:00am On Feb 06, 2009
Pls fellow N.L's,What objectives did microsoft have in mind when producing d WINDOWS VISTA,Knowing the Incompatibility problems n other problems it has.Pls whats so special in dis Vista of a thing.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by gbokukueba(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2009
Pls i need your help.
I bought an Acer Extensa 5420 last year and my younger bro for reasons best know to him formated it and install XP i had to get a crack version of Vista and install it but the laptop was not the same again. It affected the VGA, Graphics, sound, and some other stuff like that. Eventually after so much experiment with different softwares i was able to get it to balance again. Later i was not seeing the DVD Rom, but when i go to a later date on recovery i would see it then suddenly it was lost. i took it to Computer village and a guy did something to it and help me reinstall the vista with all the features gone, now all the softwares i downloaded that workd previously didnt work. I cant play any cd or dvd, the ear jack isnt working, it complains of hardware accelaration missing,  so much wahala. I would have given it out but am yet to enjoy my 120k embarassed

I need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! cry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 07, 2009
I think you should visit acer website to download the latest driver for vista - i believe that should solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hayprof(m): 4:56am On Feb 07, 2009
Dr.Tony:

Pls fellow N.L's,What objectives did microsoft have in mind when producing d WINDOWS VISTA,Knowing the Incompatibility problems n other problems it has.Pls whats so special in dis Vista of a thing.

That's y there's "Service Packs" to correct issues/bugs encountered in the first release, ,

Do u av Vista SP1 installed on ur Computer?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by iyaski: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2009
wats up man, i use a popular HP 530 installed with windows vista home basic. any time i log in, a dialogue box comes up saying "there is a problem with windows explorer" and then it says windows explorer is restarting. while all this is going on i won't be able to access my desktop icons. after the dialogue boxes have finish displaying its info, my desktop icons and taskbar disappears and all i see is my desktop background giving me no chance to open any application. I tried system repair but to no avail. One thing i almost forgot to say is that the dialogue boxes gave me a solutoin that i should update my system. but i can't even access anything. Right now, i am in safe mode environment but i can't access the update feature of my system because safe mode only allows your system to start with the driver and applications you just need. i was told by the dialogue box to go to control panel, security to activate an automatic update. i can't access security in safe mode. Pls do know what cause windows explorer to restart and wat can i do to remedy this situation.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2009
Try creating a new user account in safe mode and reboot back tryin to use that account - if it works lemme know - i have solved that problem a long time ago (but i cant remember details of what i did)
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by xsay(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2009
i download a new antivirus (avast) on monday. just yesterday i was trying to player some music with my windows media player but the media will not load.( clicked on it but nothing appeared) i also find out that i can not see what something is typing on my yahoo msg.
pls i need help
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2009
Uninstall and then reinstall your yahoo messenger.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by xsay(m): 8:57am On Feb 12, 2009
ok, i have just unistalled my old one, am still downloadinging a new one. THanks

i have some error message that appear if i just put on my laptop.

Could not load or run 'C:/users/ediy/local' specified in the registry. make sure the file exits on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

Could not load or run 'Settings/Application' specified in the registry. make sure the file exits on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

Could not load or run 'Data/asdjfj3/service.exe' specified in the registry. make sure the file exits on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

do this msg have any negative effect on the system?
and i do i stop the repeat of this error msg.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2009
Those messages look like a virus hacked into your system registry. To remove them, you may need to your regeit / msconfig utilities. I am not absolutely sure, if you ever find me online, usually in the evenings, you can chat with me, and i will setup a remote assistance to take a peek at your pc and try find out what the problem is - that is the best help i can offer right now.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by peteonyema: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2009
I need a good working laptop between now 13th Feb and 14th Feb for 50k fairly used, pls contact me 08073951973. Please note: The laptop should be of at lease 80g HDD, 1g RAM, should have a wireless LAN, Bluetooth, and of good processor speed. Very Urgent pls do show concern.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by peteonyema: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2009
Please help, I am trying to register in a website and got this intruction that 'My Javascript is currently disabled on my browser' please how do I get this resolved.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by solomon201(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
Guys i got this laptop from someone as second had with vista on it the problem is that i cant save anything on the system it tell me access not granted ask permission from admin and there is just one account on the pc. how do i get this solved? plz guyz help
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
Javascript disabled? tell us the browser and the operating system you are using.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by spotball(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2009
Hi, i have a HP dv 6305 laptop given to me by a friend. The laptop does not charge. Initially i thought it was the battery that went bad so i got a new one but it still did not charge instead for the first few days, i experience a pretence charge ( the battery icon is charging but there is 0% power available) but right now, the pretence charge have stopped and the laptop does not charge at all. As soon as power goes out, it goes off. i really need advice on what i should do so as not to damage my laptop.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bosunk: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2009
i please can any one help me wiyh this vista of mine,the problem is that i see my dvd/cd ROm the next thing it will just disapear from the program am relly worried cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by francisman: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2009
Techies, check out this site: www.nairabooks.com for all your orders for new and used IT books, magazines, journals in all areas.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by xsay(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
ok then. i be online then.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2009
i need vista keys

if you have one pls post it here
especially vista ultimate key
i need to upgrade my pc
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by paceebene(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2009
good day, i have a problem with my windows vista laptop. a friend of mine changed the language configuration and since then, i find it difficult changing it back to its former way. please, i need your help.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2009
Do not post keys or illegal stuffs on this board otherwise ban.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2009
dhtml:

Do not post keys or illegal stuffs on this board otherwise ban.

grin grin cheesy cheesygrin grin cheesy cheesygrin grin cheesy cheesy

i remember those great days
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by netotse(m): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2009
oyb:

grin grin cheesy cheesygrin grin cheesy cheesygrin grin cheesy cheesy

i remember those great days
me too NL was like an all u can eat bazaar
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
Bazaar!!! ROFLMAO!! You guyz are really really funny. I just dey feel like seun nau! Wish i had the gunz like him too!!
But let's not deviate from the topic. i raise my hat to the gurus in the house.

Now where are the vista newbies?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by AKO1(m): 6:14am On May 27, 2009
Hello people, a quick one;

I have Vista Home Basic and want to upgrade to Ultimate.

My laptop has two drives, all my music, pics etc are on my D (over 30 GB)

Will the upgrade reformat my D drive as well?

Tnx.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by okgerald(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2009
1-How can i back up my documents , games , video, e.t.c on my laptop vista in case there is a crash or system instability so that these stuff wont get lost but still be on the system in case of system reformatting.

2-Some cool software that installs easily on xp dont instal on my vista ,help.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 9:40am On May 28, 2009
A_K_O:

Hello people, a quick one;

I have Vista Home Basic and want to upgrade to Ultimate.

My laptop has two drives, all my music, pics etc are on my D (over 30 GB)

Will the upgrade reformat my D drive as well?

Tnx.

first off, you must have a valid license key /confirmed crack for before you upgrade to vista ultimate, otherwise, it will only work for 30 days.
i do not forsee any problems if all your docs are on a separate drive.

note however, that any upgrades are best done on a fresh install of windows.this is because applications you have installed may have changed some system files in order to work. these system files will be overwritten in the case of a reinstall/upgrade of windows, and so some applications will not work

i forgot to ask, are you doing a fresh install, an upgrade install? i haven't actually done an upgrade of one version of windows to another so i can't say for sure how it will go

ok.gerald:

1-How can i back up my documents , games , video, e.t.c on my laptop vista in case there is a crash or system instability so that these stuff wont get lost but still be on the system in case of system reformatting.

2-Some cool software that installs easily on xp dont instal on my vista ,help.

buy an external hard drive, and regularly copy your files there

stop this loose generalization of 'cool softwares . tell us exactly what app will not run. the options are usually simple
1) download the latest version of the application. vista has been around for three years now, so unless its an application that has been discontinued, there must be a vista compatible version out there

alternatively, click on the application shortcut, select properties, and choose run in compatibility mode for windows xp. that resolves most application isues.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ogagusps3: 3:47pm On May 29, 2009
MY VISTA problem is that all my browsers,applications and download keep opening with windows media player. I've tried "right clicking it" to tell it what to open with but the option isnt there. I've tried changing the file type but that did not work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by init4dmoni(m): 1:30am On May 30, 2009
too many to start mentioning angry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by qtx(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2009
My issue with vista is that it doesn't connect to a domain controller. Pls how do we solve this. if have an idea help.
thnx
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by shituuu: 5:39pm On May 31, 2009
after restoring my vista i could no longer use the
bluetooth fully it kept asking for BLUETOOTH PHERIPERAL DEVICE
what should i do about it.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
xxVictorxx: u guys are doing ojoro ohhh, You make thread for Vista only, Why not for Xp, Please i really need you help, I just buy a laptop (HP) and when i turn it on, it will one but, when getting to the desktop side it will have to take something like 7ins to load all my network connect, and because that time, if i attempt to opening them the system will freeze, Please i need some hlep, You can im me at

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.