Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: (2020 Views)

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by Bonniefran: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2011
Men are sometimes face with situation too hard to change. After living happily with his first wife, He decided to marry (Paying dowry) another wife turning him a polygamous man. The first wife saw it coming and actually allowed it. They truly live happily to a point that neighbours tend to find out if both wives were sisters because there was respect and NO TROUBLE. The man thereafter joined a church But the church condemned this man and the man refused to visit anything called CHURCH. My question is this " Does this man deserved to be CONDEMNED looking at his marital status (i.e POLYGAMOUS)?.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by pwiz(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2011
Pussy don trick xtian man marry two wives as against the religion right? I guess is dos church dat doesnt allow shoes talkless of slippers(celestial). Seriously xtian religion doesnt allow two wives so i see nofin wrong.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by Mygoldie(f): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
He doesn't have to be condemned,as long as he takes care of his wives and family.
and besides there are men in the bible who got married to numerous wives,were they condemned? No. its all about choice really.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by kaymoney2(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ OP Marrying another wife as nothing to do with condemnation~ Its a personal decision for him to marry another woman and the reasons are best known to him** And this does not call for any ill feeling or bad mouthing the man he has the fullest right to decide which way his pendulum swings cool cool
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by chiteny(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
Condemning the man because he has two wives is bad and unbiblical. The only restriction is holding a leadership positioin in the church. He is not expected to hold any leadership position in the church since he is married to two wives. But he can attend the church, pay tithes and offering and what so ever he wants to do freely without any discremination.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by emmatok(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2011
chiteny:

Condemning the man because he has two wives is bad and unbiblical. The only restriction is holding a leadership positioin in the church. He is not expected to hold any leadership position in the church since he is married to two wives. But he can attend the church, pay tithes and offering and what so ever he wants to do freely without any discremination.

I disagree with you on this issue. It is un-biblical for a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN to marry two wifes. In Leadership position or not.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by chiteny(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2011
Emmatok pls understand me. I did not say that born again christians should marry more than one wife {a topic on its own}. i only started by saying a man who is married to more than one wife. Maybe he was polygamous before being a "born again", i don't know. All i am saying is that such men should not be discriminated against. Bible only clearly states that they would not take up leadership position in the church. Period.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by emmatok(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
chiteny:

Emmatok pls understand me. I did not say that born again christians should marry more than one wife {a topic on its own}. i only started by saying a man who is married to more than one wife. Maybe he was polygamous before being a "born again", i don't know. All i am saying is that such men should not be discriminated against. Bible only clearly states that they would not take up leadership position in the church embarassed undecided undecided undecided undecided. Period.

Can you please show me that part of the bible that says ONLY CHRISTIAN LEADERS SHOULD MARRY ONE WIFE.

A Christan is Christian in leadership or not. Their is no separate HEAVEN for a leader or member.

Even if he was polygamous before been "born again" there is a room for RESTITUTION
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by Bonniefran: 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2011
emmatok:

Can you please show me that part of the bible that says ONLY CHRISTIAN LEADERS SHOULD MARRY ONE WIFE.

A Christan is Christian in leadership or not. Their is no separate HEAVEN for a leader or member.

Even if he was polygamous before been "born again" there is a room for RESTITUTION

Restitution as you mentioned is not clear enough, we do know that the man in question has children from both wives and they have been living happily and in quote 'To the Glory of God'. Don't tell me that your RESTITUTION would mean to send away the second wife because those her children cannot return back to the womb: These children are part of the man already and so why would you choose to separate them and their parents in the name of church. Did God asked you to separate them? Hmmmmmm!!!
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by emmatok(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
Bonniefran:

Restitution as you mentioned is not clear enough, we do know that the man in question has children from both wives and they have been living happily and in quote 'To the Glory of God'. Don't tell me that your RESTITUTION would mean to send away the second wife because those her children cannot return back to the womb: These children are part of the man already and so why would you choose to separate them and their parents in the name of church. Did God asked you to separate them? Hmmmmmm!!!

Well this is not a religious forum so i won't go into the RESTITUTION stuff.

But my point is that one wife rule, apply's to all BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN and not Christian leaders only.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by MrsChima(f): 12:16am On Sep 02, 2012
Lawd.
Re: And He Married A Second Wife: And Then: by Claus(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2012
emmatok:

Well this is not a religious forum so i won't go into the RESTITUTION stuff.

But my point is that one wife rule, apply's to all BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN and not Christian leaders only.

While Bonniefran is looking for the scripture that says only Christian leaders should marry one wife, perhaps you too can show us, from the Bible, the one wife "rule" that applies to all born again christians.

It'll be a great learning point for a lot of us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help / Letter To Aristo Girls / Black American Having Trouble With My Nigerian Girlfriend's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.