Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? (2234 Views)

Roman, Lagos Babe And Her Giant Boobs Break The Internet (PHOTOS) / Can You Marry The Person You Are Currently Dating? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Vicjustice: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
   With white people or the Westerners, it is considered the easiest, the most convenient and the most helpful way to meet someone, find love and proceed into marriage or some other lasting or pleasurable commitments. But with Nigerians, it is different.
   So, what do you think about online dating, could you marry a person you find online, and if your online chatting and correspondence eventually leads to marriage, would you ever tell someone about how you met each other?
   And what is your honest opinion about a couple who who find themselves online, would you despise them or understand that love can come from anywhere, shape or form?
   Honest comments please: IS ONLINE DATING FOR YOU?

Find a partner for free at www.babefishing.com
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by omega25red(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
i think i could. though besides meeting online we would have to meet in real life and spend a long time getting to know each other and if marriage is the end result then so be it. I mean if people can marry someone they met at a bar what is the shame in meeting online?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by koolchicco: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
YES - Love can be found ANYWHERE but the couple will have met and courted in real life b4 progressing towards marriage.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Vicjustice: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
And would you have the courage to tell your parents and other people that you find each other in the internet grin cheesy?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by MrCork17: 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
Online? if she is light skin, hell yessss tongue
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by ARareGem(f): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
For me, deliberating going online to look for a spouse- I don't think so. But having said that, if I happen to meet someone online who I really like and we become friends, meet in real life, start a romantic relationship, fall in love, I could marry him.

You never know where you'll meet your right partner.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by omega25red(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
Vicjustice:

And would you have the courage to tell your parents and other people that you find each other in the internet grin cheesy?
if im going to marry her i dont see why not. No need to lie since you have each other.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by MrsEve2(f): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2011
Online dating wouldn't be for me because I am off  the market.  To each to their own.  What work for you, work for you.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Odunnu: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2011
What shame are you talking about?
Marrying someone you met online is shameful? I dont gerrit!
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by MrCork17: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
Odunnu:

***hmm, gets out calculator to calculate if odunununu gots nyansh. Calculatin all her angle of elevation angry****
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2011
It depends. undecided
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Vicjustice: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
Odunnu:

Where did you get that from, who said it's a shame?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Mygoldie(f): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
@OP yes why not?
so far you've met them in real life and they have the qualities you want,you can go ahead and get married.
this is the 21st century.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Odunnu: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2011
Vicjustice:

Where did you get that from, who said it's a shame?
from Omega's post.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Phate07(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2011

No!
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by MrCork17: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2011
on a serious note, Yes. They are cheaper to maintain wink
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by patwhizkid(f): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
Mr, Cork:

***hmm, gets out calculator to calculate if odunununu gots nyansh. Calculatin all her angle of elevation angry****

grin
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Vicjustice: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2011
Odunnu:

from Omega's post.
I think you got him wrong, he suggested the opposite
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2011
Vicjustice:

With white people or the Westerners, it is considered the easiest, the most convenient and the most helpful way to meet someone, find love and proceed into marriage or some other lasting or pleasurable commitments. But with Nigerians, it is different.
So, what do you think about online dating, could you marry a person you find online, and if your online chatting and correspondence eventually leads to marriage, would you ever tell someone about how you met each other?
And what is your honest opinion about a couple who who find themselves online, would you despise them or understand that love can come from anywhere, shape or form?
Honest comments please: IS ONLINE DATING FOR YOU?

there is a difference between finding someone online i.e internet was the meeting place you went to meet physically and dating online i.e saying you are dating and you have never met but you communicate over internet phones email etc
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by femmy2010(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
Love can be found on any platform and the internet is no exception.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by mafolayomi(f): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
kini big deal? tell me is dere a spevific place where one muxt meet his/her spouse?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by mafolayomi(f): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
mafolayomi:

kini big deal? tell me is dere a specific place where one must meet his/her spouse?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by delicious1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
Relationships can start from any platform.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by ShyOne(f): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
Yes and we are going to marry

I told my family and they thought I was NUTS!!  They were completely against the idea.

Now they LOVE THE GROUND he walks on - he has proven himself to my parents and siblings.  God is soo good - I prayed FIRST, internet came second.

The naysayers have been proven WRONG AGAIN. Anything is possible with God in it and wrapped around it.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ poster
Do u want to tell me u have neva seen ds happen?
This happens everyday so there is no big deal in it. Once the see eachother in real life, like each other and understands each other, wot stops them from getting married?
You can meet ur divine partner any where.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by iice(f): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2011
Hmmm unless we meet. . .it's a friend only zone.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
I don't know abt "in the internet", but over the internet NO! You have to fall in love with someone to marry them, and I will never fall in luv over the net ever!

If I become such a desperate case, i will opt for arranged marriage.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by lepa001(f): 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
Am a Nigerian, i met him online and we re saying I DO this year. So?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by tpia6: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by xynerise: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
@topic. I am looking forward to that. I met a Nairalander online. And its working for us.
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by zionmmv: 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2011
You guys are even talking about marriage, My own na serious case, grin, What is wrong with dating,these days?

I got to know a lady online. We exchanged very pleasant e-mail messages, then we talked on the phone, which was even better. We had a lot of common interests, and our personalities were quite similar to each other. We agreed to meet at a given place at a given time. She simply did not turn up, nor did she ever react to my subsequent phone calls or e-mails. There was absolutely no warning or any kind of prior disagreement or signs of brush-off.

Abeg people,is she Mammy Water?Because me I dey fear o.Do many ladies consider it natural to dump someone in this way?
Re: Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? by tpia6: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The "Death-sentence" Words You Should NEVER, EVER Say To A Woman? / Is It Really A Bad Thing If You Get Married To An Older Man? / Ladies Will You Date Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.