Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player (1086 Views)

FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by sojay(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
Nairalanders,

Messi has done it again, winning the coveted award back-to-back.
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by HamidO1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
I think its a well deserved award. The guy is too good. Xavi really looked very nervous all through the event. Big ups to Jose Murinho, he is definately the best coach in the world.
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by ochukoccna: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
  Messi? 
Utter Rubbish! If not Wesley Sneijder  , why not Xavi?
Why are we then tackling Gbagbo's sit tight tendencies in Ivory Coast?
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by kokoye(m): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
well deserved.

Mourhinho also got the best coach award - of course!
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by ObamaUS: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
What did Messi do in 2010 that made him to deserve the award?

I think any of the inter guys like ETOO,SNEIDER,LUCIO,MILITO or the spanish guys like INIESTA and XAVI should have won the award,

Even MESSI knos he does not deserve the award,
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by SeanT21(f): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
NONSENSE!!
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by kokoye(m): 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
Na you all get your mouths (abi na computer)

Na Messi get the award!! grin
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by adexchamp(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
fifa sucks
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Jan 11, 2011
This is just broad daylight robbery!

Messi didn't do anything unique in 2010 to make him unique, he has been playing in one team throughout his whole career.

Messi isn't even in the spain national team and didn't make it to the quarterfinals in the world cup.

If not for the 48 goals he scored in barca with the help of Xavi and Iniesta and ronaldo's injury that kept him out of play for a while, his goal tally wouldn't have been up to it and he wouldn't have been the top scorer anyway.

Freaking joke on Fifa's part!
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by latepa(m): 1:28am On Jan 11, 2011
can you imagine rubbish, why on earth will messi win world best player.that means xavi,inesta and sneider are not good enough even if the play their life out, well that's why i hate these awards sometimes anyway i still love my player ronaldo even though he was not in the list this time.
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by Kx: 8:05am On Jan 11, 2011
With the treble: Italian cup, Seria A, and the Uefa champions league
And a runner up medal with over 4 goals in the world cup for a midfielder, Wesley Sneider ought to have be
crowned the world player of the year.

Messi should player without xavi and iniesta to prove if he is trully good. Did he prove that in the world cup in the argentine national team? No
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by sojay(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
U guys need not be sentimental, but for the world cup where Messi's performance was below his average best, the guy was outstanding last year. I appreciate the fact that Xavi and Iniesta contributed immensely to his club performances, but then, the young man is a master of the game.
Let's give it to him, You also need to see the voting across the world, everybody adjudged him the best i.e national coaches and team captains, Let's just pray that God can bless us with such wonderful player in the Super eagles to lift and lighten up our football once again,
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by sley4life(m): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2011
Xavi deserve the award
Re: Merciless Messi Is 2010 Fifa World Player by yoji: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2011
Scorin 48 goals in a season is not BEANS!! Even if na Afghanistan league.
D point most of u miss is dat d theme of football last year emphasized team work not individuality as such it was gonna be hard for sneider and xavi.
Mourinho's inter was an all round solid team wit every player doin his bit. U all hail sneider and overlook wat cambiasso and lucio did dat season esp wen they met barca. I know sneider scored vital goals but so did milito and eto. Inter success came from total team work.
Same goes for barca and spain. Total team work. Against germany(another team dat emphasised team football), spain played flawless and puyol's goal got them tru.
Left to me I wud have given FORLAN but messi is okay cos 48 goals is no joke even in Afghan league

(1) (Reply)

Coach Obuh:why I Dropped Stanley Okoro / Ronaldo's Sculptors / Sani Emmanuel: Lazio Want To Force Me To Join Partizani Tiran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.