Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade (13220 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1money: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2011
Woah wu hu. UP WENGER! UP ARSENAL! UP WENGER! UP ARSENAL! UP WENGER! UP ARSENAL! UP WENGER! UP ARSENAL!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by olayinkaj2(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
@slap1, why can't you support whats good in your life? Why the hate? Stop that hatred and get ur Ass off here, Mumu
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ Wenger critics
it is instructive that Fergie and JM has edged Wenger a couple of times in the annual award in the last decade and has been getting points BUT THE NUMBER OF POINTS WENGER GOT IN TOTAL was more than others. it is also interesting that over the years and even now an out-spoken cu.m controversial megalomaniac like Jose mourhino has acknowledged the methodology used for the award and even Fergie could only congratulate Wenger !! What then is the effect of the rants of non entities who has chosen to weap more than the principal actors directly involved----------the acceptability of the award was never in question the years when Fergie, Jm and even Pep won it------now that the points got over ten years cummulatively favours wenger =======the passerby who are perpetually under the delusion that they are experts in the field of football analysis just because they have consistently cyber bullied anybody who dares have a second opinion on nairaland.if you differ then you must be brainless or operating on senseless logic abi?? what a pity!! to put your arguments through you use words such as brainless,stup.id, -clear sign of weak arguments, borne out of sentiments and merely academic at best. unlike JM and Fergie wenger has proved he can use a "CHEAP" squad and maintain top 4 for 14 consecutive years unlike others who have at their disposal a very expensive squad JM at chelsea and now at madrid . Wenger has proved he can use /coach/blend just any team and still stay competitive
The most important thing here is all said and done it does not affect the fact that Wengee is the best "pure" coach in the real sense of the word coach and he deserved the award-------and no one can take it away from him.

mind you most of the other coaches has not questioned the criteria ------ speak on their behalf----yes do so in vain!!
grin Congrats to Wenger just like other coaches has done!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by codeb(m): 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Switch47
Imagine after winning such a cheap and meaningless award lost to a championship club that was bleeped last week by Chelsea. grin grin grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
codeb:

@Switch47
Imagine after winning such a cheap and meaningless award lost to a championship club that was bleeped last week by Chelsea. grin grin grin
was it meaningless when Ferguson , Mourinho and pep been collecting the Anual version to say it is meaningless does not lie in the mouth of a jester. it is FIFA recognised and given the chance i will go with FIFA!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by duduspace(m): 12:24am On Jan 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Duduspace,

Your attempt to sound smart is very embarrasing.

Simple. WHat has Wenger done in the decade or what consistency does he have over SAF or Mourinho

In their respective leagues SAF and Mourinho were 1st 6 times out of 10 Wenger was first 2 times out of ten WHICH ONE IS CONSISTENT of the three.

Has there been any season Mourinho or SAF was out of top 3 in those ten yrs? But I remember Wengar being out of top 3 in the time frame.

In that time frame, Mourinho played 4 CL semi finals won 2, Fergie played 3 CL semi finals won 1, Wenger played 2 CL semi finals won 0.

Now tell me how is he more consistent than Fergie or Mourinho

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm? is this award Dayokanu's World Coach of the Decade or the International Federation of Football History & Statistics World Coach of the decade award? are yu claiming to have more data than people who have been gathering statistics since before you stopped wearing pampers? if thats what yu're saying then methinks yu need to disregard Amy's advice and say YES to Rehab.  tongue

I repeat that the criteria for the award is very clear and I've already pointed it out, this award is not about who has won the number of trophies, if yu're still gettin it twisted I'll ask you a simple question.

Is it possible to win the Formula 1 World Championship without being champion on any track? I repeat that you can only question the criteria for the award and anyone can if they so desire but to say Arsene doesn't deserve to win it and that it doesn't represent CONSISTENCY is (if I'm being very nice) pretty daft.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by duduspace(m): 12:47am On Jan 14, 2011
StarBoard:

@duduspace,
Brainlessness will only carry you so far.
[b]If you decide to use some bogus criteria from a faceless organisation,[/b]then good luck to you.
I want you to tell me in your own empty words what those criteria are,because I'm so lazy,I don't have time to get into the website.
Kindly let us know how a coach with no European title is voted coach of the decade in your own words,other than referencing us to some deadbeat website.

Now this is beyond stupidity and shows paucity of intelligence if any at all, it actually goes beyond that and further descends into peddling falsehood. Yu are not only uninformed but willfully choose to remain ignorant and deliberately set on a path to perpetuate it? yu're claiming the IFFHS is a faceless organisation? pray if it were so faceless why is it recognized by FIFA and actually awarded initial World Player of the year awards before handing over to FIFA?
Rather than showing yur cringe worthy ignorance, why not get more education about the history of the IFFHS here:
http://www.iffhs.de/?b3120fe3016e23617ff3c17f7370eff3702bb1c2bb19
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 12:54am On Jan 14, 2011
duduspace:

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm? is this award Dayokanu's World Coach of the Decade or the International Federation of Football History & Statistics World Coach of the decade award? are yu claiming to have more data than people who have been gathering statistics since before you stopped wearing pampers? if thats what yu're saying then methinks yu need to disregard Amy's advice and say YES to Rehab. tongue

I repeat that the criteria for the award is very clear and I've already pointed it out, this award is not about who has won the number of trophies, if yu're still gettin it twisted I'll ask you a simple question.

Is it possible to win the Formula 1 World Championship without being champion on any track? I repeat that you can only question the criteria for the award and anyone can if they so desire but to say Arsene doesn't deserve to win it and that it doesn't represent CONSISTENCY is (if I'm being very nice) pretty daft.

I guess you can reason independently.

Now tell how How Wenger is more consistent than his peers. Or are you saying he has consistently been a failure?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by duduspace(m): 1:11am On Jan 14, 2011
dayokanu:

I guess you can reason independently.

Now tell how How Wenger is more consistent than his peers. Or are you saying he has consistently been a failure?

DK na wetin be yur problem, what is so difficult to understand in this? he is more consistent because on the basis of weighting and accumulating the results of the polls for World Coach of the Year over a 10 year period, he came out as the highest placed.
When "The Pompous One" won last year's award I heard none of you lot complaining.  undecided

In a similar manner that a squad wins the league by having the most points after playing all other clubs home and away even if the club wins it after losing both home and away to the 2 clubs in the 2nd and 3rd positions.  undecided

If yu want to make a case for a play off then that can be considered on its own merits though the logistics of such an undertaking yu would have to come up with solely on yur own and pass on to the IFFHS for consideration. tongue
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by chamotex(m): 2:18am On Jan 14, 2011
Little wonder I cant take some people serious on this forum grin grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 4:14am On Jan 14, 2011
duduspace:

DK na wetin be yur problem, what is so difficult to understand in this? he is more consistent because on the basis of weighting and accumulating the results of the polls for World Coach of the Year over a 10 year period, he came out as the highest placed.
When "The Pompous One" won last year's award I heard none of you lot complaining.  undecided

In a similar manner that a squad wins the league by having the most points after playing all other clubs home and away even if the club wins it after losing both home and away to the 2 clubs in the 2nd and 3rd positions.  undecided

If yu want to make a case for a play off then that can be considered on its own merits though the logistics of such an undertaking yu would have to come up with solely on yur own and pass on to the IFFHS for consideration. tongue
     It is written-----------Never try to win by Argument, some people are eternaly blind by Prejudice and Sentiments, well over the 10 years coaches like fergie,pep and JM wins the annual version while Wenger is always coming close in the annual version they never complain as it is FIFA recorgnised------now that the accumulated figures adds up to favour Wenger in 10 years----dont expect him to admit -----his pride and megalomaniac king of cyber bullies on Nairaland mentality wont ever allow him to admit----but for all the wenger lovers take solace in the fact that  Ferguson, the outspoken Mourinho, Pep and all the top coaches  have all congratulated and recorgnised this award---the independent  myopic  view and  opinion on Dayokanu and his likes  is inconsequential and unimportant to waste valuable  time on the important opinion is the opinion of entities in the game not some faceless non entities who line in delusion of grandeur in Nairaland------Wenger wears the crown PERIOD!! 

pop champaign for wenger----DJ common get ready to release on the thread----testing testing microphone   * some of the crase behaviour of dayoakamu seller 11 lol
cool
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by eghost247(m): 6:38am On Jan 14, 2011
Not sure what the criteria was for making him win this
but nice to know anyway
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2011
duduspace:

It is written-----------Never try to win by Argument, some people are eternaly blind by Prejudice and Sentiments, well over the 10 years coaches like fergie,pep and JM wins the annual version while Wenger is always coming close in the annual version they never complain as it is FIFA recorgnised------now that the accumulated figures adds up to favour Wenger in 10 years----dont expect Dayokanu to admit -----his pride and megalomaniac king of cyber space bullies on Nairaland mentality wont ever allow him to admit----but for all the wenger lovers take solace in the fact that  Ferguson, the outspoken Mourinho, Pep and all the top coaches  have all congratulated and recorgnised this award---the independent  myopic  view and  opinion of Dayokanu and his likes  is inconsequential and unimportant to waste valuable  time on the important opinion is the opinion of entities in the game not some faceless non entities who line in delusion of grandeur in Nairaland------Wenger wears the crown PERIOD!!

pop champaign for wenger----DJ common get ready to release on the thread----testing testing microphone   * some of the crase behaviour of dayoakamu seller 11 lol
cool
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by pkasso(m): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by seyicash(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
i no y dem giv am. so dey no go talk say neva win anything
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 4Play(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
You people are wasting your time discussing an award given by an obscure and publicity hungry man who has created an entity with a grandiose title.

I too would soon create my own organisation and dish out awards. The International Institute of Football Engineering coming soon.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by usewisdom: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ 4 Play,
u need to undergo brain surgery.
GUNNERS 4LIFE
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 12:50am On Jan 16, 2011
WENGER  JUST DEY laugh  !!   The guy no send o!!   Shame to bad people!!   grin grin grin ;

@ Those wey dey vex
  Goat just dey vex dey form activity, im no fit use the owner do anything, Wenger don win even JM don congratulate am--------if the vex too much make una go PUBLIC CONPLAINT COMMISSION  go conplain, if dem no gree, you can go on Hunger strike  cheesy cheesy but if e no work ---that means una go kukuma die finish----------then una can conplain to God------And since God dey Wenger side that mean say  una dey go HELL FIRE be that   grin grin grin   WEnger go still dey laugh dey go!! grin

Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by geemee(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
loyal 4 ever
mi luv arsenal 4 life ,
enemies , go to yhell
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by nolongtin(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
@dayo kanu
Football is not all about winning?football wise der is a difference between 1.a coach, a manager and a techincal adviser.while an individual can be all in 1,in england the term manager is used because the individual manages scouting,buying,day to day activities and is giving a budget like any oder business.but the trend is changing cus murhinho was strripped of all dis wen a techinal director in avrant grant was bought to do the technical part,same as portsmouth with rednapp,copying d model in europe.ie italy etc.whr u have coaches and not mangers.
Now coming to the word COACHING-A coach is an individual involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople with an aim of making them better.winning titles is a different topic and ild come to dat later in my piece.Now u should wonder why all young talents that have thier dads has decision makers in careers always chose arsenal ahead of chelsea and united when deciding where best to improve despite bigger contract offers from the oder 2big guns?i intentionally mentioned dad and not football agents cus ur dad will give u a better carrer advise dan al dis money grabbing footbal agent.examples are.walcot,ramsey and recently Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.all whr wanted by chelsea and manu, but thier fathers after consultations all went for arsenal.A coach sees and buys potentials ,not ready made cus a ready made needs less coaching,only bits of improvements , all he needs is technical directions and wot and how to get the job done.While i rate alex feguson as a good coach for making youngsters like beckham,ryan giggs ,paul scholes etc.world class players the trend stopped when chelsea came on the scene and he admitted its no longer possible to wait for youngsters to improve while expect ing to win laurels @ d same time ,so dat resulted in manchester spending big sums in bringing 30m ronny,30 mil ferdinand,29mil carrick.as for morinho d only player you can point to is carvalho he made him a better player , Now as managers to compare the lot you have to look @ d policy and vision d comany wants to follow. sir alex and mourinho have done extremly well here
thier respective chief excutives and owners have provided dem with a blanck cheques and wen u dont perform on dat instance, u get fired as d saying goes .to whom much is given much is expected,so they are better @managing egos ,big money players which is a plus.same is happeening @ d mo in man city.As wenger said last week wen asked to comment on good managers .he said you can only judge a good manager if hes giving a good condtions and money to work wit and fails to deliver.Arsenal is run on a budget because of the new stadium they have to pay off and its on record that its d only club in d world that moved into a new stadium funded by d club and never got relegated in d next season.e.g bolton etc. while he has not performed by not bringing in titles for d last 5 years ,the board will never sack him because he as performed in oder managerial task of turning the club to d most organised,profit making enterprise in d Premiership

while oders while winning laurels are in deep finacial waters.In football its called finacial doping.and thats why uefa his doing sometin to dis end .
To conclude i rate wenger a better coach dan d lot.2.i rate dem equals as manegers cus of the focus and vision of the clubs they manage differ and they all acheive whrever they go to mange.3 but i rate mouriho a better technical person dan d oder 2 cus u can c in his game plan and matches dats hes more focus better prepared techinically dan his peers and i rate alex 2nd ,i guess dis is whr he falls behind d oder 2, THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Duduspace,

Your attempt to sound smart is very embarrasing.

Simple. WHat has Wenger done in the decade or what consistency does he have over SAF or Mourinho

In their respective leagues SAF and Mourinho were 1st 6 times out of 10 Wenger was first 2 times out of ten WHICH ONE IS CONSISTENT of the three.

Has there been any season Mourinho or SAF was out of top 3 in those ten yrs? But I remember Wengar being out of top 3 in the time frame.

In that time frame, Mourinho played 4 CL semi finals won 2, Fergie played 3 CL semi finals won 1, Wenger played 2 CL semi finals won 0.

Now tell me how is he more consistent than Fergie or Mourinho

I do not see any reason why you should fight over this. It is clear that it is a consolatory prize. The idea is that FIFA now gives coach-of-the-year award. So Wenger can have the now superseded IFFHS award. When the IFFHS award was the paramount coach award, I can't remember how many times Wenger got it. Now we have the supreme FIFA coach of the year, please let Wenger manage the IFFHS. I beg una.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by chic2pimp(m): 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2011
nolongtin:

@dayo kanu
Football is not all about winning?.
For Schizzle? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Then what is it about If I may ask?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by nolongtin(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Then what is it about If I may ask?, football is entertainment, real fans of clubs like chalton, westham,crystal palace ,etc have big fan base all over london with dedicated fans,but they never win laurels, to them its a religion,its life ,its hope its tradition, a good question is the .super eagles have not won any cups for some time now,will that stop you from supporting them wen they go 4 tournaments?, i was @ south africa for the world cup not because i believe Nigeria was going to win it, its a form of entertainment and peeps are ready to spend to get that fun, in football everybody is a winner,
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2011
It is written-----------Never try to win by Argument, some people are eternaly blind by Prejudice and Sentiments, well over the 10 years coaches like fergie,pep and JM wins the annual version while Wenger is always coming close in the annual version they never complain as it is FIFA recorgnised------now that the accumulated figures adds up to favour Wenger in 10 years----dont expect Dayokanu to admit -----his pride and megalomaniac king of cyber space bullies on Nairaland mentality wont ever allow him to admit----but for all the wenger lovers take solace in the fact that Ferguson, the outspoken Mourinho, Pep and all the top coaches have all congratulated and recorgnised this award---the independent myopic view and opinion of Dayokanu and his likes is inconsequential and unimportant to waste valuable time on the important opinion is the opinion of entities in the game not some faceless non entities who line in delusion of grandeur in Nairaland------Wenger wears the crown PERIOD!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by codeb(m): 8:47am On Jan 25, 2011
@switch

Ur attention is needed in Chelsea thread.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
i seriously think this award is for failures. if i may ask, what will wenger win if he eventually wins carling cup this year? maybe the best coach of our time?
how can a man who lacks trophy win awards when coaches who sleep and wake up on trophies win no awards. that is a joke. anyone that gave wenger such award is capable of giving abacha the best president of nigeria.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HNIC(m): 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2011
1025:

i seriously think this award is for failures. if i may ask, what will wenger win if he eventually wins carling cup this year? maybe the best coach of our time?
Hmmmn.
I wonder who told you the awards were solely based on trophy hauls
I have said earlier, that you guys should form your own company and go and give a gaffer of your choice 'coach of the decade'.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by nolongtin(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
d award is not for best manager of the d decade, its for best coach, listen and learn guys, WORD.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
And how are coaches rated? By the number of trophyless seasons or by the amount of wrinkles?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by badblood13(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2011
HNIC:

Hmmmn.
I wonder who told you the awards were solely based on trophy hauls
I have said earlier, that you guys should form your own company and go and give a gaffer of your choice 'coach of the decade'.

Hey!! i m a manchester United fan but i am of the opinion that Wenger Deserves the award. those who are making noise here are just doing it for sentimental reasons if you look at the materials at their disposal and what he has been doing with them you will know wenger is a great Coach.
Over the years even the Trophyless seasons of Arsenal they have always been in the top 10 in the world because they get points from getting to the advanced stage of many competitions, the team has indeed been very competitive over the years, Wenger has been consistently in the top three coach over the years with Sir alex Fergie winning it a couple of times, I think the Award is the cummulation of the points Wenger got over the years. Congrats to Wenger
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2011
badblood13:

Hey!! i m a manchester United fan but i am of the opinion that Wenger Deserves the award. those who are making noise here are just doing it for sentimental reasons if you look at the materials at their disposal and what he has been doing with them you will know wenger is a great Coach.
Over the years even the Trophyless seasons of Arsenal they have always been in the top 10 in the world because they get points from getting to the advanced stage of many competitions, the team has indeed been very competitive over the years, Wenger has been consistently in the top three coach over the years with Sir alex Fergie winning it a couple of times, I think the Award is the cummulation of the points Wenger got over the years. Congrats to Wenger

Stop all these lies. Arsenal has only played the CL semi finals twice in their history So two CL semi finals in 14yrs under wenger is consistency to you?

Or what does consistency mean to you? FYI Wenger won 2 league titles in the decade under consideration
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by chic2pimp(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2011
nolongtin:

@Then what is it about If I may ask?, football is entertainment, real fans of clubs like chalton, westham,crystal palace ,etc have big fan base all over london with dedicated fans,but they never win laurels, to them its a religion,its life ,its hope its tradition, a good question is the .super eagles have not won any cups for some time now,will that stop you from supporting them wen they go 4 tournaments?, i was @ south africa for the world cup not because i believe Nigeria was going to win it, its a form of entertainment and peeps are ready to spend to get that fun, in football everybody is a winner,
Stop right there. So cuz football is enternaiment, winning does not matter right?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas / Chelsea Vs Everton (0 - 0) On 11th November 2018 / Manchester United Vs Fulham - (3 - 2) 25th August 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.