Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" (1025 Views)

Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? / Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" by mabell: 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
13 You also say, 'Oh, what a weariness!' And you sneer at it," Says the LORD of hosts. "And you bring the stolen, the lame, and the sick; Thus you bring an offering! Should I accept this from your hand?" Says the LORD.
14 "But cursed be the deceiver Who has in his flock a male, And takes a vow, But sacrifices to the Lord what is blemished-For I am a great King," Says the LORD of hosts, "And My name is to be feared among the nations.
Malachi 1:13&14

God doesn’t just deserve “your best,” He deserves “the best.” In fact, He demands it, and He’ll accept nothing less. Anytime you give God the best of what you have, you activate a Biblical principle and you’re blessed for your action of faith and trust. This is the reason you must serve God with all your heart and worship Him with everything you have. No offering or sacrifice should be too great for you to give to Him, for you can never out-give God. So give Him the best all the time.
Re: Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" by macIB(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2011
bro whichever ways, your best is still a filthy rag

God just needs you to be good to yourself and neighbours,

Have you done that?
Re: Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" by JeSoul(f): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
macIB:

bro whichever ways, your best is still a filthy rag
God just needs you to be good to yourself and neighbours,

Have you done that?
Ouch!!! grin
Re: Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
^ lol
I think we should for his abundant mercies. Since scarcely can we trust the MOGs these days, i'll give to God through charity to less privileged and unfortunate ones in the society
Re: Should We Give God "the Best" Or "our Best" by Jenwitemi(m): 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
You're learning fast, aren't ya? Props to the MOGs for doing a bang up job in waking you up.
toba:

^ lol
I think we should for his abundant mercies. Since scarcely can we trust the MOGs these days, i'll give to God through charity to less privileged and unfortunate ones in the society

(1) (Reply)

Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place / Morality Is Relative. Do You Agree? / Remain Joyful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.