Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

*** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** (26055 Views)

Glo Launches Another Whooping Data Plan, Will You Rock It? / Tecno Camon C5: Tecno's First 4G Enabled Smartphone. / Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

*** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2011
Second National Telecommunications Operator, Globacom, has launched the fourth generation mobile technology, 4G-LTE network, in Nigeria.

Long Term Evolution LTE is a revolutionary mobile technology which enhances the data transfer rates delivering faster mobile broadband experience and highest data speeds and reliability.

LTE is an advancement in technology to the 3.5G and High Speed Packet Access, HSPA. It provides ubiquitous services for users on the GSM technology curve and also  others on CDMA and WiMAX platforms and is touted to offer the path breaking 4G experience for consumers.

This is due to its ability to deliver very fast data speeds in excess of 100Mb/s uplink and 50Mb/s downlink.

Group Chief Operating Officer of Globacom, Mr. Mohamed Jameel who unveiled the technology to  newsmen in Lagos, at the Mike Adenuga Towers, headquarters of Globacom on Victoria Island, Lagos, said though people could already browse the Internet or send e-mails using HSPA-enabled systems or send and receive video, music using G-phones, the experience with LTE will be even better.

He added that the technology would  further enhance more demanding applications like interactive TV, mobile video blogging, advanced games or professional services, enabling more Nigerians to be on top of their game and thereby ruling their world”, he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/glo-launches-4g-lte-network/ <<added by Seun>>
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by cyprianjr(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2011
Until then
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by jmaine: 11:40am On Jan 12, 2011
Am yet to enjoy their 3G service in my area and here they are preaching 4G. . .Hope this is not one of their talk. . talk. . and talk. . with no action.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by shanda(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2011
This Glo is not a serious company, their so called 3.5G is very unstable yet they are rolling out 4G-LTE.

1 Like

Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by otokx(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2011
Glo is just being economical with the truth - their services are one of the worst in the industry.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by damola1: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2011
we still dey buy modem for 3g, now dem talk 4g, how do we upgrade modem to 4g?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by odunes: 11:49am On Jan 12, 2011
9ice one, dats good development.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by WackyJ1(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2011
As i just dey enter 3.5g they don dey talk of 4g. I'll just wait for emptyhen
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Myluv1: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2011
I bet my eMTieN 3g 'll be faster. They shud 've ensured a very strong & reliabl 3.5g b4 the so called upgrading. Wonder if they ever listened to customers/subscribers' complaints
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2011
we have heard, next one wey we go hear na 7.5 g, oloshi

1 Like

Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by dontrixt: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2011
this is just crap, they should perfect their 3G service before moving on to 4G, angry
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by iseg007(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
Well Glo r just rushing for no reason, they have not fully deploy 3G and they are talking 4g, this is just PR, 50MB Download that is such a lieeeee, you can not get 50MB just like that except they intend to run fibre optics into every Local govt in the country or even every house,
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by eghost247(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
oounkpe
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
mstchew
i created dis topic dis mourning and the useless mod banned me.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by UNLEASHED(m): 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2011
pstcheew
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2011
iseg007:

Well Glo r just rushing for no reason, they have not fully deploy 3G and they are talking 4g, this is just PR, 50MB Download that is such a lieeeee, you can not get 50MB just like that except they intend to run fibre optics into every Local govt in the country or even every house,
my friend in lag said he is getting up to 42mb with his iphone 4 so stop saying its a lie
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by zenus(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
We still dey use EDGE here - or its Lagos and Abuja the only state in Nigeria.
Make them cover the other part of Nigeria with 3G first before there preceed to 4G
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by semid4lyfe(m): 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2011

Second National Telecommunications Operator, Globacom, has launched the fourth generation mobile technology, 4G-LTE network, in Nigeria.

Long Term Evolution LTE is a revolutionary mobile technology which enhances the data transfer rates delivering faster mobile broadband experience and highest data speeds and reliability.

LTE is an advancement in technology to the 3.5G and High Speed Packet Access, HSPA. It provides ubiquitous services for users on the GSM technology curve and also others on CDMA and WiMAX platforms and is touted to offer the path breaking 4G experience for consumers.

This is due to its ability to deliver very fast data speeds in excess of 100Mb/s uplink and 50Mb/s downlink.

50Mb/s downlink and 100Mb/s uplink speeds? undecided Ok, make I just siddon dey look.

I'm sure the Mobile Thieving Network won't take this sitting down
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by exago(m): 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
leave mtn alone na
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Suntemi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

mstchew
i created dis topic dis mourning and the useless mod banned me.

Nairaland like Naija itself get senior members or lets say senior citizens grin grin grin grin
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Suntemi(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nairaland like Naija itself get senior members or lets say senior citizens grin grin grin grin Na everywhere 4 naija special candidates dey. Internet is no exception. I can't count the number of times I got banned too.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by sulad82i(m): 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2011
zenus:

We still dey use EDGE here - or its Lagos and Abuja the only state in Nigeria.
Make them cover the other part of Nigeria with 3G first before there preceed to 4G

Olodo they will cover the places they are sure of making money and places with most customers.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Thespecialone(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by gbolex(m): 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2011
3G
3.5 G
4 G
Fiber Optic etc
no diff in their service, i think all the stuffs only exist on papers
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by DoubleN(m): 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2011
Instead of them to focus their resources on spreading the Glo broad access around nigeria and environs, they have started another project. How many people have 4G enabled devices in nigeria?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by samyng(m): 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2011
Big time rubbish still having poor 3G coverage in Lagos not to talk of other states. They should perfect their 3G coverage area before moving ahead or may be i guess only People at Island & Some places at ikeja only benefit to this services undecided.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by zaragoza(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2011
Glo is one of the most useless networks in naija, if not the worst. 4rm there poor quality recharge cards to poor services. Imagine as interior as my villa is, i still get MTN 3g network, they've virtually covered almost d whole of naija. But Glo, u wld hardly get Edge let alone 3g. I stay in PH & dont think i've ever seen glo 3g on ma phone. All they know is just to brag, '1st to do this, 1st to do that' dats all we hear!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by born2boink(m): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2011
till then. grin
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by clogogo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2011
may you live glo alone
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by JUO(m): 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
stories
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by mbulela: 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2011
rotten liars!!
they probably tested an LTE network like most operators around the world are doing,now they call it launch.
But there is a lot of exaggerated talk and misunderstanding.
“For example, some people are talking about 4G providing
mobile data speeds that you can’t even get now using a
landline connection. There is also a mistaken belief that
mobile operators will walk into work one day, switch off their
3G network and switch on 4G. If this were true, what would
happen to consumers with 3G phones? You would wake up one
day and have no mobile service,” Munn says.
The reality is that the fastest mobile network in the world
right now — Telstra’s Next G network in Australia — is based
on 3G HSPA+ technology. This is the same technology used by
MTN and Cell C in South Africa and MTN Nigeria for their high-speed
3G services.
Mobile operators in various regions of Africa will look to
implement 4G networks sometime in the future, Munn says.
“While they’re making these plans, though, they’ll continue to
use and upgrade their existing networks, making them faster
and faster using the latest 3G technologies. This is good for
consumers because it means they don’t need to wait for 4G to
begin enjoying high-speed mobile services.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whatsapp Officially Comes To Laptops And Desktops / User Review Of The Newly Released Infinix Hots X521 / 16 Important Android Utility Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.