Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed (11580 Views)

Ex-PDP Nat.Chairman Nwodo, Ex-Minister Worgu, 4 Ex-Senators Dump PDP For APC / Pdp National Chairman Nwodo Resigns Ahead Of Nec Meeting / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

If Nwodo insists that he remains the chairman at the convention and refuse to obey the court orders, then, may be i would agree that this means trouble for GEJ. But if he comes out to accept the verdict with a plan to appeal the judgement, then it is goodnews for Goodluck.

Well , Nwodo , almost immediately, has kicked viciously against this decision so it is either you are totally wrong with how you proclaimed this a masterstroke or someone forgot to remind Nwodo of how he needs to put in an Oscar performance to prop up the "masterstroke" thinking of GEJ - undoubtedly one of the greatest political thinkers of our time and the undisputed "Einstein" of political strategy  grin grin.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5663193-146/nwodo_files_an_objection_against_his.csp

The national Chairman, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Okwesilieze Nwodo, has immediately filed a preliminary objection against a suit calling for his removal at an Abuja Federal High Court.

A court sitting in Enugu earlier on Wednesday ruled that Mr Nwodo should stop functioning as chairman and enjoying any benefits from the position pending the determination of motion on notice for interlocutory injunction. Counsel to Mr Nwodo, E.C Ukala, who filed the objection, argued that the appointment of his client was totally an internal affair of the party. He further argued that the court lacked that inherent jurisdiction to entertain the matter as the plaintiff had abused the court process in the matter.

Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by category(m): 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2011
Imeobong:

Forget all this confused human beings, Jose Mourinho is the man!! Go read whats happening at Real Madrid on goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2724/ballon-dor/2011/01/10/2299152/jose-mourinho-wins-fifa-coach-of-the-year-award

Are u so confused?
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by nduchucks: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2011
X-factoria:

You are mistaking something. Even on the grounds of zoning and the applicable section in the PDP constitution, GEJ will still scale through. The zoning clause did not say how many years it will remain in the north or that the presidency in 2011 will be zoned to the north. So, it can be flawed in favour of GEJ.

The presidency was zoned to the south for 8 years and then zoned to the North. That fact is enough for a judge to make a determination that the intention of the party is for power to remain in the North for 8 years since power stayed in the south for 8 years. One cannot say that GEJ will win a case easil
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Xfactoria: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2011
seanet02:

@x-factoria, you are the M.O.R.O.N. here. How can you compare ACN TO PDP? Under pdp government in ogun state students of the state university are paying N160,000 one hundre and sixty thousand naira. Under pdp government of oni in ekiti, students of the university of ado ekiti were paying N120,000 one hundred and twenty thousand naira. Under pdp government in osun state, oyinlolas government charged students N200,000 naira at the osun state university, Under ACN government in Lagos state students were less than N40,000 At the lagos state university, less than two weeks after Gov. Fayemi came into power, he reduced the school fees of the university of ado ekiti from a WICKED N120,000 to just over N25,000 While Gov. Aregbesola has said the school fees at osun state university will be reduced from N200,000 to less than N40,000. Now M.O.R.O.N. can you see the difference between Action congress of Nigeria and your demonic Poverty development Party? You must be an ibo man or hausa man to have reason so low. ACN FOR EVER

You are still mumu x 2. Where are the sources of your figures? Do you have children in every university in southwest?

I can see you are working for ACN. It is typical of ACN and Tinubu to buy the press to decieve people with image laundering but some of us have grown beyond that. I can see you are even routing for Kunle Soyinka in Ogun State. I pity you. Has he told you how much he got from IBB to keep mum on Dele Giwa's murder? How come he has not said anything about prosecuting IBB for the murder of his friend? You want Ogun State people to follow a stoge of Osoba? This same Soyinka has been a mumu like you as far back as 2003 when he voted for Osoba in a primary election he contested with the latter. He ended scoring no votes.

FYI, I do not care a hoot about PDP or ACN. They are all the same. I belong to "I dey laff" party  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Osama10(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
What next?
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Xfactoria: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The presidency was zoned to the south for 8 years and then zoned to the North. That fact is enough for a judge to make a determination that the intention of the party is for power to remain in the North for 8 years since power stayed in the south for 8 years. One cannot say that GEJ will win a case easil

Yet another blunder. Inference like this do not hold water in a law court. Every case has to be proven beyond reasonable doubts. Let me refresh your memory a bit. everytime since 1999 that the PDP had zoned, they have re-affirmed the zoning thingy. In 2003 when OBJ was running for second term, the zoning was reconsidered and still given to the South. So for every general elections, the party had taken a decision on zoning. So your theory of 8 years for north, 8 for south is seriously flawed.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by ujchief(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2011
Does the word "SUPREME COURT" ring a bell? Just a phone call, and a supreme court justice will reverse the judgement, a minute after eight thursday morning. The primaries continues as scheduled. This is Naija!
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by nduchucks: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2011
@ X-factoria , remember you are talking about Nigerian law court. Don't be so hopeful, anything can happen. The stakes are quite high.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by juman(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
President Jonathan will win the PDP primary election easily, conveniently, clearly and with a wide gap.
Alh Atiku should save his face and withdraw from the primary election, join another party and contest against President Jonathan in general election.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by maimalari: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nwodo was atiku's returning officer under the action congress in the 2007 presidential elections.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by bodejohn(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2011
In one breath Nwodo is saying the has not been served any court judgement and in another he has filed an appeal,hmm, this is nija, don't just change the dial!
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by bodejohn(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2011
In one breath Nwodo is saying the has not been served any court judgement and in another he has filed an appeal,hmm, this is nija, don't just change the dial!
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by maimalari: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
Dampening the growing enthusiasm over Jonathan’s
presidential campaign is the new revelation of the
PDP Chairman’s subtle switch on the zoning issue
having to do with his intimate connections to one of
the PDP presidential aspirants, Atiku. As gathered
through a letter written to the Independent National
Electoral Commission [INEC] on April 19th 2007 by
the National Administrative Secretary [Alhaji
Abubakar Suleiman] of the then Action Congress
subtitled “INTRODUCING FIVE MAN DELEGATION TO
THE NATIONAL ELECTION RESULT COLLATION
CENTER”. The letter placed Nwodo, the current PDP
chairman as one of the trusted Atiku men during the
2007 election against the Late Yar’Adua/Jonathan
campaign.
The letter reads in part “This is to introduce to you
five man delegation that will represent our Party
Action Congress [AC] at the National Election Result
Collation Center [INEC]. They are:
1. Chief Tom Ikimi – leader of delegation
2. Bashsir Dalhatu
3. Chief Yomi Edu
4. Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo
5. Lai Mohammed
Please accept the assurances of our highest esteem.
Alhaji Abubakar Suleiman, National Administrative
Secretary - for National Secretary”
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Tugbaski: 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Na wa with all this Alamala politics. Its unfortunate we have no viable opposition. This would have been the best time to kick out the PDP, But with the look of things, Its still PDP till kingdom come.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Gbawe: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
@ Na_so.

I was right to state we should watch events unfold when you quickly declared events a "masterstroke" of political thinking from GEJ . At this rate you will have to contact Nwodo yourself to tell him to 'behave' himself and not ruin the "masterstroke" because all his actions are showing he is poorly informed over the "masterstroke" strategy at work . All I see , so far , is the type of "do-or-die" ousting of the Ogun State speaker to pave way for those ( OGD et al) determined to get their N100 billion bond.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/updated-pdp-chairman-okwezilieze-nwodo-removed-office

When contacted by Saharareporters, Mr. Ike Abonyi, the media aide to the toppled PDP chairman, said they were yet to be served any court order and stated that they heard about the order from the "rumour mill"

But officials close to the Governor of Enugu State, Sullivan Chime, told Saharareporters in confidence that the PDP chairman has refused to be served the court order by barricading himself in his office in Abuja.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by zylla(m): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
na siddon dey look and laff time we dey o.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by zylla(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
na siddon dey look and laff time we dey o.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by sley4life(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
short of words
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by asha80(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ibime

Sullivan won the pdp primaries.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
one down,who's next
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Missy85(f): 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
this guy & the enugu state governor have been having a running tiff.

now we have a judgement on the eve of primaries,,, from where a high court in enugu

also, why would a judge opt for suspending the guy when the subtantive case has not even been heard,,,in a matter as high profile as this.

i see the hands of enugu state governor all over this.

i dont support any party, but this decision raises a suspicion.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Ozorhumphery(m): 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by solajacobs(m): 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Holyguy22(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2011
Link unavailable.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by manuch(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2011
Why should a court decide who should or shouldn't be p.d.p chairman . crazy country
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Gbawe: 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2011
Missy85:

this guy & the enugu state governor have been having a running tiff.

now we have a judgement on the eve of primaries,,, from where a high court in enugu

also, why would a judge opt for suspending the guy when the subtantive case has not even been heard,,,in a matter as high profile as this.

i see the hands of enugu state governor all over this.

i dont support any party, but this decision raises a suspicion.

Indeed - especially as it is the office of Chime intimating the general public as to how Nwodo is trying to avoid being served.

But officials close to the Governor of Enugu State, Sullivan Chime, told Saharareporters in confidence that the PDP chairman has refused to be served the court order by barricading himself in his office in Abuja

In any case I doubt Chime , a Governor, will move against the president's interests unless he has heavyweight backing and perhaps enough inside knowledge to know GEJ will be put in his place soon. This is why I mentioned Nnamani earlier yet Na-so missed the significance. Nnamani , back then , read the mood well enough to note that he could act against OBJ , without fear, because virtually the entire political system , to include those with serious clout, were vehemently opposed to OBJ's third term. It was not really a gamble . More a calculated risk because it was obvious that OBJ , when it came down to the nitty-gritty, mainly had "chop your dollar" support i.e the type to collect your money yet run away fastest at the first sight of yawa. It is the same in GEJ's case . Nwodo is simply suffering from Aondoakanism i.e irrational power-drunkeness premised shortsidedly on an office he was never going to last in because he did not deserve to be there in the first place.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by omolayo1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
whatever the game plan is, [size=14pt]God is the MASTER planner[/size]
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by meine: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2011
How i wish these Demonic PDP guys can pull guns on themselves and serve each other bullets once and for all grin grin grin

The only beneficiary i see in  all this is Buhari, you guys should stop kidding yourselves to think that GEJ or Atiku have achieved anything with this move, because who ever wins between them would have achieved a Pyrrhic victory.

Judicial Annulment because of waiver or zoning is the new order of the day for either of them grin grin grin

Watch out for part 2  grin
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by dgogo: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
shocked lipsrsealed wink grin
[i][/i] I dey laff lyk OBJ cos d bad thing them dey carry us do them never talk. Atiku no sabi weytin GEJ dey do for backyard as GEJ no sabi weytin Atiku dey do for frontyard, then OBJ dey laff as Nwodo falls apart. PDP membas pray hard if not u will lose out in the presidency of the Nation
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Nsiman(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nothing de happen guys
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by manuch(m): 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2011
all those clamoring for Atiku our enemies of progress
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Arysexy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
@x-factoria, you are the M.O.R.O.N. here. How can you compare ACN TO PDP? Under pdp government in ogun state students of the state university are paying N160,000 one hundre and sixty thousand naira. Under pdp government of oni in ekiti, students of the university of ado ekiti were paying N120,000 one hundred and twenty thousand naira. Under pdp government in osun state, oyinlolas government charged students N200,000 naira at the osun state university, Under ACN government in Lagos state students were less than N40,000 At the lagos state university, less than two weeks after Gov. Fayemi came into power, he reduced the school fees of the university of ado ekiti from a WICKED N120,000 to just over N25,000 While Gov. Aregbesola has said the school fees at osun state university will be reduced from N200,000 to less than N40,000. Now M.O.R.O.N. can you see the difference between Action congress of Nigeria and your demonic Poverty development Party? You must be an ibo man or hausa man to have reason so low. ACN FOR EVER

@ seanet, u must be a silly B.A.S.T.A.R.D for making the boldened statement. U tribal animal! so igbos are not in ACN? MR Igbokwe, lagos ACN secretary and Dr Chris Ngige are all Yorubas abi? U need ur head examined! ugly scaliwag!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUP Strike Called Off! / Buhari Is Not Our Sole Candidate - APC, Attacks PDP / Chima Anyaso Shares 50 Motorcycles To Delegates For Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.