Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Tennis: Australian Open 2011 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 (7426 Views)

Tennis Australian Open 2013. / Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by rasputinn(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2011
No cigars for the usual suspects
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by cold(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2011
The British media would just continue hyping one up,making one look larger than life,until you're humbled & brought down to earth
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
Yebariba Sanboribobo

Muritala sef wan win Grand Slam I laff in Gurumaharaji as usual.

CAN ANY GOOD THING COME OUT OF BRITANNIA?

How can someone lose a GS finals in Straight sets?

Abeg Federer and Nadal should recover and rescue Male Tennis from

Concobility and Sagacious Ewulewu disguising as a Camoritorious Marogov that can condensate into a Sikinterious Gomelion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/CP15XPi0Kh8&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by medjai(m): 11:39am On Jan 31, 2011
Congrats Djokovic. . . I don't think it's still right to call him The Joker following his performance at the US Open, Davis Cup and now this win.

Andy Murray; British number one - I think that's all the title he will win. Anyway, I expect him to leapfrog Robin Soderling and move back to no. 4 when the new rankings are released.
I also expect Kim Clijsters to move into no. 1. Wozniacki has shown us that she is no different from Dinara Safina, Ana Ivanovic or Jelena Jankovic - overrated number ones.
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by fredoooooo: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
medjai:

Congrats Djokovic. . . I don't think it's still right to call him The Joker following his performance at the US Open, Davis Cup and now this win.

Andy Murray; British number one - I think that's all the title he will win. Anyway, I expect him to leapfrog Robin Soderling and move back to no. 4 when the new rankings are released.
[s]I also expect Kim Clijsters to move into no. 1. Wozniacki has shown us that she is no different from Dinara Safina, Ana Ivanovic or Jelena Jankovic - overrated number ones.
[/s]

thats the level of tennis today , everything about this generation is media hype , you have to be beautifull to be recognised as a top tennis player , otherwise your tennis doesnt count .can you imagine ana ivanovic playing this bad at the moment , shes still higly recognised in the media world than schiavone.gone are the days where we have players with slams all competiting in a grandslam e.g Serena , capriatti , clijsters , venus , henin , hingis etc in a single tournament
cold:

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by cold(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2011
Well Murray,all hope is not lost.Let's keep in mind that Agassi lost his first three GS finals & went on to win eight,making him one of the greatest of all time.So Murray hope still dey smiley
Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2011 by medjai(m): 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2011
No major movements in the latest ATP Men's singles rankings. The top 15 remain the same. However, Djokovic is now within touching distance of claiming the no. 2 spot on the rankings with 7885 points. Federer, still no. 2 has 79650 points.
In the WTA women's singles rankings, Caroline Wozniacki surprisingly is still no. 1 while Australian Open champion, Clijsters has beaten Zvonareva to no. 2. Zvoraneva is now no. 3, Schiavone is no. 4, Venus Williams is no. 5 . . . Australian Open runner - up, Li Na has moved two places up to no. 7 while Serena Williams has dropped to no 12.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Livescore-open A Free Account With Surebet247; Register Now / FIFA Women's World Cup (Germany 2011): Falcons Land In Group Of Death / NPFL: Rangers Vs Heartland (1 - 0) On 10th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.