Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus (575 Views)

NNAMDI KANU, A COLOSSUS OF OUR TIME / A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos / A Rising Colossus: Nigeria Leads African Technology/Commerce Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 15, 2011
Olusegun Matthew Okikiolu Aremu Obasanjo (BALOGUN OF OWU) who was nigerias military head of state between february 1976 to october 1979 is a man of many parts.

After his emergence on nigerias no.1 position following the assasination of Muritala. mohammed in 1976 and his election as president from 1999 to 2007. Hes been riding on the nations political landscape like a colossus though he left Aso rock in 2007 but nobody can dispute his presence in the making/shaping of events ever since in the political arena due to his influence in the scheme of things as some would cite Yaraduas presidency, GEJ ascendancy and 2011 presidential bid e.t.c. Likewise his jocular ways "I DEY KAMPE" "I DEY LAUGH KE KEE" is another interesting side of this statesman who seems to know nigeria than most nigerians. Like a friend often says "OBJ DEMYSTIFIED THE MYTH OF KADUNA MAFIA/NORTHERN OLIGARCHY/IBB -IN ORDER TO REARRANGE POWER EQUATIONS AMONGST ALL REGIONAL GROUPS IN NIGERIA" Though he's been accused to be "corrupt" "bushy" "unforgiving" but OBJ seems to be having good funs with his innuendos "I dey laugh" e.t.c

Fellow nls, what have you to say about "Baba, Ebora Owu called OBJ" has he really helped nigeria? Either for good or bad in the light of coming events (2011 elections and the future in view of political rearrangement and power equations?

Your responses ..
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by redsun(m): 1:50am On Jan 15, 2011
His days are numbered.
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by aljharem(m): 1:51am On Jan 15, 2011
redsun:

His days are numbered.

are you going to kill him shocked shocked shocked
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by redsun(m): 1:54am On Jan 15, 2011
The old shall become new.
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by redsun(m): 2:03am On Jan 15, 2011
As in a flash,old things vanished and all becomes new.Reflect.
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2011
"Circle of life as seen in nature" But we wouldnt want the old oligarchy of the north returned!
Re: OBJ Rides Our Political Frontier Like A Colossus by ekubear1: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2011
I badly want to get a t-shirt with "I DEY LAUGH" inscribed on the front of it grin

(1) (Reply)

No Voter's Card, No Salary In Abia State / Open Letter To The First Lady / Police In Bayelsa Begin 3-day Fasting For Violence Free Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.