Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life (8767 Views)

Why Do Ladies Lie To Men They Only Dated 2 Or 3 Men Before? / Five Signs You Have Expired In Her Life / "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2011
Oprah Winfrey has only dated 8 men in her life and she's been with her current man since 1986. I would call it 9 men because she was pregnant at 15 and gave birth to a boy who died weeks later. Note that the count started from her High School sweetheart.

My question: Whats the percentage of men an Nigerian babe would have dated and allowed entry by the age of 25.

Source: http://www.wikimantic.com/wiki/Oprah_Winfrey
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by harakiri(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Poster. . lol

Be careful. Some NL feminazi might come here and call you misogynist. . .lol. The thing is, women don't tell the truth when it comes to such issues. When a woman says she's been out with only three guys, multiply it by at least 2. It's what they feel "safe" they tell you and that includes Oprah herself. There might be several flings and quickies here and there no one knows about. Don't believe all you hear. . . especially from a woman's mouth.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Harakiri:

I wont be surprised if I'm called that ooo, have seen people resort to insults when a post questions their pride.

As per the Oprah issue, well, she must have had some one night stands, or maybe not, but the list are about men she was involved with romantically. Including an affair she had with a married man.

All said, i was simply asking for guys opinion anyways. Just like you said, ladies, especially ones with long lists, would avoid the question like a plaque.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by ALICIA22(f): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hmm
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by MrsChima(f): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
When the numbers decrease and the sunshine increase, men are more whorish than women.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by seunlayi(m): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

When the numbers decrease and the sunshine increase, men are more whorish than women.
you got it right
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by iice(f): 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2011
Wasn't she raped by a family member? And that counts like dating someone? smh
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by MrsChima(f): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
You know what Iice I was going to say that and I didn't want to turn this thread into a crying session because rape is real to some people on this thread still.

Yes, she was raped by a cousin and she forgave him 25 years later. That is a long time to hold such anger for a past deed. I guess people do not understand how rape has an affect on women specially and SOME women often use sex as a way to heal when all they need is a good shoulder to cry on and someone to be there for them emotionally and physically without sex.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Spclst900: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
This woman you dey talk, anywayz na true sha.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
WTF who give a fucck how many men Oprah Winfrey has dated.

harakiri:

@Poster. . lol

Be careful. Some NL feminazi might come here and call you misogynist. . .lol. The thing is, women don't tell the truth when it comes to such issues. When a woman says she's been out with only three guys, multiply it by at least 2. It's what they feel "safe" they tell you and that includes Oprah herself. There might be several flings and quickies here and there no one knows about. Don't believe all you hear. . . especially from a woman's mouth.

Such a truth . But the multiplication should be up to 10 not 2
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Areaboy2(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
harakiri:

@Poster. . lol

with their blitzkrieg tactics and panzy tanks  tongue

look out!!!! ze jermans will get u tongue
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by iv4real(f): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
I get very angry when i hear men make annoying comments about Nigerian. I don't knw d kind of Nigerian women D poster hangs out with. There so many Nigerian Ladies dat have dated not more than 3 guys and they are over 25. Not all Nigerian ladies sleep around.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Kutata(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.chima.i wil say thatz a lie in this case cos women are more whorish than men
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Do gals av to discuss with you how many guys they went on a date or sex with. shocked
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
iice:

Wasn't she violated by a family member? And that counts like dating someone? smh

@iice: Even if i were under the influence of cocaine, I'd never include the incidence of her molestation. To force a grown up woman against her will even if you were married to her, to me, is a crime worth a prison sentence, nonetheless abusing a child sexually. Also, i do not think it was as a result of the abuse that she got pregnant.

@Mrs.Chima
The thread was meant in no way to insult 9ja ladies. I quoted a "source" and stated in my reply to Harakiki that it was just the number of men she had so far been romantically linked to.

@iv4real: The type of ladies i hang out with gives me an understanding that dating someone does not start only when you are already sleeping with the person or guarantees a chance of doing so. Which I'm certain you are already aware of.

Folks are getting it all wrong because of our perception of dating in 9ja. Theirs a huge difference between hooking-up and dating. Hooking up has got nothing to do with emotions, but dating does. If Oprah had been hooking up with the married man, she would not have got on her kneels to beg him to leave his wife for her. She wanted, at that time, to share her future with him.

Now, why would the simple question: How many men would have average 9ja babe would have dated and allowed entry by the age of 25 trigger such fury

was expecting something like; Maybe 5 but 2 were allowed entry. or maybe 15 & 15 were allowed entry. simple like rice & plantain

I know there are lots of 'Woman' right activist on NL, and its not like any demeaning post would make me flinch, but I read something online and was only curious to know.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by iice(f): 4:54am On Jan 16, 2011
Lol. Seems we live in different worlds. Yes it's a man's world but that's not what i'm referring to.
Nigerian men will always look at women who have had more than 3 sexual partners as a hoe. But if the woman should defend herself, then she's a nazi. Not to mention the problem of if you're not married by a certain age then there's something wrong with you. Women scrambling to hang on to men who will not stay with them if they don't put out and thus the putting out ends in the woman being a hoe. It's like a movie but people don't actually get the plot.

Anyway. . .na una sabi.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2011
You are right on point. Men often desire an experienced virgin for a wife and that's pathetic, but this is not a same case scenario. 3 sexual partners for a girl that's 25, she's as good as a virgin. Personally, i think the probability of getting a virgin to marry is the same as playing lottery, 1 to 1,000,000 (i think) and I don't play lotto. I live in the real world.

As per the "don't put out" issue, you don't have to blame us o. For a girl's that has been around, with lets say 10 guys by age 25, it will be next to impossible to convince her new man that it's during his "tenure in office" that she wants to enact the new law of celibacy. next thing on an average 9ja guy's mind is: eh eh. Na me be mugu abi shocked moreover, in our 21st century, most men believe once the hymen is gone, the place requires "oiling" often.

That's just the way it is. Reality sucks
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by fstranger1: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by misanho: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2011
@ mohumyta, guilty! *wink*

@oritameta, ur last statement showz U lack experience in dat aspect, I av gone out wit plenty galz n also entered dere placez *i'm sowee* but more dan d plenty were virginz n have not had more dan a boyfriend in dere entire life 4rm dere behavior n naivety U kw n so I let dem b coz ma intention were naughty nd we become close friend nd till date i won't a gal by apperance or peerz dey hang out wit, I av friendz (guyz) who had. Sex 1st in 500level n some who left university as virgin boiz,

So moral, we still av decent n not promisciouz youthz around us.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2011
@misanho: I'm not certain what aspect you mean but I think if its about decency, I made my stance clear with iv4real.

@iv4real: The type of ladies i hang out with gives me an understanding that dating someone does not start only when you are already sleeping with the person or guarantees a chance of doing so. Which I'm certain you are already aware of.

Odd as it may, there are loads and lots of decent people around us and many a girl would rather show you the highway than oppose to handling their virtue to you all in the name of "showing love" or "trying not to lose him".

I stated in my last post that a girl @ 25 with 3 sexual partners is as good as a virgin, while you stated that you've met some with only 1 yet say I'm inexperienced about it. How ironic my friend.

Almost every 1 who's a "stricker" & "top scorer" would have met girls that had given up their hymen to the gullibility of teenage love, some like US would walk away so as not to wreck more havoc, some don't just *** care. Then again, that's just the way it is; Reality sucks!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by misanho: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2011
@ oritameta Undastnd U ok, but ur assumed probability is so wrong I tink, 1 in 1M, no,no,no.

Let say 1 in 5,
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by oritameta(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2011
Yes boss!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Mygoldie(f): 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
some people speak with shi te in their mouth, how does so- called oprah W. life history affect Nigerian women,must you guys always pull nija women with you,just to prove your rubbish beliefs?
what nonsense!!!!! angry
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
Who cares, she's stuuppid and ugly.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Goldieluks: 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
REALITY101: Who cares, she's stuuppid and ugly.
cool cool cool
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Goldieluks: cool cool cool
Lol
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2012
depending on whom you ask...especially considering the time period Ms. Winfred grew up....8 men is a lot. tongue
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin: depending on whom you ask...especially considering the time period Ms. Winfred grew up....8 men is a lot. tongue

+1000000000000000000
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Rocktation(f): 12:57am On Apr 15, 2012
SMH.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
Rocktation: SMH.

Shake your arss instead smiley
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by Mynd44: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
REALITY101:
Lol
Who cares if she only dated 8 guys? How many did she sleep with?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has Only Dated 8 Men In Her Life by nbright: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
oritameta:

As per the Oprah issue, well, she must have had some one night stands, or maybe not, but the list are about men she was involved with romantically. Including an affair she had with a married man.
Can any girl on Nairaland admit that they did such?.
@topic... I don't think our girls in Nigeria will want to tell the amount of guys she dated, the highest they will say is "that's in the past".... When you think of it, they are right somehow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[must Read] EROTIC STORY: My Boss’ Wife(18+) / Even This Coronavirus Dont Stop Ladies From Making Bra On Boobs Thread. / My Girlfriend Prefers Sucking To Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.