Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders (1929 Views)

Poll: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders

16 - 25: 19% (12 votes)
26 -35: 64% (40 votes)
36 - 45: 6% (4 votes)
46 - 55: 8% (5 votes)
56 - at the door of death: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / Average Age Of World Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2011
Just out of Curiosity, what do you think is the average age of all Nairalanders ?

This information might help start specific sections such as kindergarten only, teenagers only , etc etc etc.

Then we might have serious minded adults debating on serious minded issues, while the children ( mind you , a man of 40 can still be a child mentally ) argue on other topics of less importance.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2011
More votes please
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Tsiya(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2011
frosbel:

Just out of Curiosity, what do you think is the average age of all Nairalanders  ?

This information might help start specific sections such as kindergarten only, teenagers only , etc etc etc.

Then we might have serious minded adults debating on serious minded issues, while the children ( mind you , a man of 40 can still be a child mentally ) argue on other topics of less importance.

So that you have serious minded tribalists and bigots debating on trivial religious and tribalism issues?
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^^

supposedly grin grin grin

But on a more serious note, it will be useful to know the average age of us Nairalanders.

My guess is right, the highest number of commenters and topic creators is the age range between 26 - 35.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Jakumo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
Age is just a number, unless you happen to be female, in which case you are required to lie whenever you are asked to disclose your age.

Personally I will very soon be old enough to test for my first driver's licence.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^^

of course it is just a number.

Its just nice to know that all age ranges are represented on Nairaland.

You know, kids, dads, mums, aunts, students , childish grin , mature grin, etc etc etc.

As for me , no one has yet ticked my age range, I am beginning to panic, lol.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by dempeople(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Frosbel,

lmao @ "The door of death".
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2011
back to the top you must vote , grin

Please vote according to your age range.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by houvest: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
My thinking is that majority of NLs are below 25. you could have made each person vote in his age range instead of an opinion poll. That could give you a closer answer to your question.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by houvest: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ok just saw your post above mine.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
houvest:

My thinking is that majority of NLs are below 25. you could have made each person vote in his age range instead of an opinion poll. That could give you a closer answer to your question.

Sure but the poll does contain the respective age ranges  undecided
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
My age range is not up there, am 113 years old.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by jaygetta1: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
I'd say NL members cut across all ages. I know adults---doctors, lawyers and co--- in their 40s-50s, even 60s, that are NL members. Infact, I know a Federal Judge in Nigeria that's a friend of the family that's a regular NL member!
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by dempeople(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
jay_getta:

I'd say NL members cut across all ages. I know adults---doctors, lawyers and co--- in their 40s-50s, even 60s, that are NL members. Infact, I know a Federal Judge in Nigeria that's a friend of the family that's a regular NL member!

Correct. I know 2 senators on here - and they're regulars too. One even told me that David Mark and Turai are on here. Its very possible though. undecided
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
i am 76 years old. got introduced to the internet 2 years ago on my 74th birthday. my grandkids bought me a dell computer so now i get to surf the net like a mahfukaz  cheesy yall help me say a prayer to my grandkid
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Jakumo(m): 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
Buzugee, to remain youthful at 74 years old and beyond you must make it a point of duty to bone young, jiggly busted women between the ages of 18 and 23 at EVERY opportunity that the Good Lord presents to you.  For each such encounter, your biological age will REDUCE by one month, so you have a LOT of hard work ahead of you.

Praise the Lord, and long live pops, because he knows what's up .
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jakumo:

Buzugee, to remain youthful at 74 years old and beyond you must make it a point of duty to bone young, jiggly busted women between the ages of 18 and 23 at EVERY opportunity that the Good Lord presents to you.  For each such encounter, your biological age will REDUCE by one month, so you have a LOT of hard work ahead of you.

Praise the Lord, and long live pops, because he knows what's up .
grin grin grin grin you do know i was joking about my age being 76 right ? grin
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
U can only get d average of nairalanders when people post their ages here then u can figure d average out though some people will lie abt their age but u can start from there.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2011
One of the lessons I learnt from NL is that maturity, and perhaps intelligence, doesn't necessarily follow maturity.
I can name particular cases. I never knew Bawomolo was as young as 21, never knew Jakumo was as young as I came to know few days ago. I would have also completely guessed wrong the oyb's age had I not known him. From Kobojunkie's easy recollection of Buhari's regime, I can guess right her age. But the presumption I personally used to have is that Nairalanders are between 22-32.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
hmm . . . how old do you think I am?
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by fstranger1: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^

68, just like Buhari! grin
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^^

68, just like Buhari! grin
grin
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by fstranger1: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jarus:

One of the lessons I learnt from NL is that maturity, and perhaps intelligence, doesn't necessarily follow maturity.
I can name particular cases. I never knew Bawomolo was as young as 21, never knew Jakumo was as young as I came to know few days ago. I would have also completely guessed wrong the oyb's age had I not known him. From Kobojunkie's easy recollection of Buhari's regime, I can guess right her age. But the presumption I personally used to have is that Nairalanders are between 22-32.

What is you saying?

Naija grads and their Naija English

So help us God. Too many GEJ's in our midst!
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
i think kobojunkie is a pensioner in columbus ohio. she cashing in her social security cheques
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Blackteeth(m): 10:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
Who told you guys kobojunkie is female? That has been one of the biggest deceptions you guys haven't figured out in this site.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
Blackteeth:

Who told you guys kobojunkie is female? That has been one of the biggest deceptions you guys haven't figured out in this site.
that iconic nairaland figure is definitely a female cheesy
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
fstranger1:

What is you saying?

Naija grads and their Naija English

So help us God. Too many GEJ's in our midst!

At the risk of sounding immodest, I make bold to tell you that you can only dream of where my English writing skills have taken me to.
That, obviously, was a slip. I meant to write: . . .doesn't necessarily follow age.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
Kobojunkie is indisputably a female. It's been discussed more than 2 years ago.
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by buzugee(m): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jarus:

At the risk of sounding immodest, I make bold to tell you that you can only dream of where my English writing skills have taken me to.
That, obviously, was a slip. I meant to write: . . .doesn't necessarily follow age.
professor emeritus grin
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by fstranger1: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jarus:

At the risk of soudning [/b]immodest,

Please continue to be humble. It baffles me how you graduated from my beloved Ife with such atrocious spelling ability or shall we say INABILITY. Hard to see any difference between you and Becomrich.    .    .   Is it a Kwara thing? cheesy

[b]I make bold to tell you that you can only dream of where my writing skills have taken me to.

I for sure dont dream of ever stepping into Kirikiri. I reject it IJN. grin

Anyway, your writing skill still hasnt taken you out of Naija, has it? So why the fuss, you are just a  Local champion.    .   .  eh eh eh

Do you really wanna compare yourself with me?  For starters, ever met the Queen?

It is not a slip. Your posts and writings are replete with grammatical errors of unimaginable proportion, not to talk of the numerous spelling errors that abound in your posts.  Do what Madam Kobo does, hire an ESL teacher. As a mod, you should not be making too many errors. I understand that English is not your first language, but biko, tori Olorun, brush up!

[size=4pt]Hey Jarus, I am just messing with ya. Happy new year.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by politicus: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jarus:

One of the lessons I learnt from NL is that maturity doesn't necessarily follow maturity.

Chairman. . . wetin you talk for hia?
Re: What Is The Average Age Of Nairalanders by Blackteeth(m): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Jarus. Unfortunately I never saw the thread showing that kobojunkie is female. What concrete proof did you guys rely on to convince yourselfs HE is female?

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Cake Palava In Nigerian Politics. / I Don't Know Boko Haram Members- Lateef Adegbite / Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.