Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (37211 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2011
GenBuhari

You did not answer my question

When did they get married or How long have they been married?

if she became born again after she married Buhari are they still married?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
I do not have the answers to those questions, perhaps you can ask Buhari himself.

Next u would be asking when they consummated their marriage angry

All I know is that one of his wives a born again christian
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
GenBuhari:

I do not have answer to does questions perhaps you can ask Buhari himself
Come on you even know that she got born again after they got married which indicates you have an idea of when they got married.

Tell me oo grin
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by henry101(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
GenBuhari:

I do not have the answers to those questions, perhaps you can ask Buhari himself.

Next u would be asking when they consummated their marriage angry

All I know is that one of his wives a born again christian

This is the repeated lies of the aggressive Buhari supporters.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
A leopard never changes its stripes.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2011
It is no lie .

I challenge youto prove to me that is a lie!

Buhari's wife is a christian.

I am sure u are already aware that his cook and his driver are also christians (i am guessing this most be the influence of his wife)
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Actionleap: 7:04am On Mar 26, 2011
Buhari stand head above shoulder higher than JEG, Shekarau and Ribadu put together. How come all they have against him are unsubstantiated allegations. Let someone get the tape of that event in Sokoto and post on Facebook. There's no way anyone, either Mobutu, Idi Amin, Ghadaffi or whosoever impose Sharia on Nigeria. All the looters in PDP are either Christian or Muslim. You hear Alhaji, Knight, etc. If Buhari stands for Islam, i can assure you that Bakare who stoutly without fear stand for Christianity. Buhari choosing Bakare as running mate speaks volumes about him. If he has any secret plan about Sharia, he would surely have gone for all these fair-weather Christian leaders.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by efisher(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2011
Proverb: You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2011
GenBuhari:

It is no lie .

I challenge youto prove to me that is a lie!

Buhari's wife is a christian.

I am sure u are already aware that his cook and his driver are also christians (i am guessing this most be the influence of his wife)

We now know her name to be Aisha and have seen how she wraps up from head to toe. Please, start apologising fast! Cos its not good to lie.
I can't wait for a proper presidential debate where the wild-eyed Buhari will be asked in gruelling detail about his undying love and devotion to sharia and why he wants to shackle Nigeria with such a primitive practice.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
One of Buhari's wives is a Christian

Deal with it !

Stop accusing the man of being a muslim fanatic when he clearly is not.

His driver and cook are also christians
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
Which of his wives? What is her name? Do you have any supporting facts to verify? Was the marriage ceremony performed in the church or in the mosque?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
Cant some1 simply post the video of when this guy called for it. Buhari has since denied this.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
Sorry I do not know which of his wives, or deltails of their marriage.
all I know is that one of his wives is a christian.

His driver and cook are also christians.

His picked a christian pastor as a vice president

How can anyone call Buhari a fanatic muslim when his wife, driver, cook and vice president are all christians?

He has not imposed Islam own his on wife, why on earth would you think he would try and impose Sharia on 150million Nigerians?

@ Demdem they cannot post a video to back up their allegation.

Below is video of Buhari refuting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6WU3oXInw

Demdem:

Cant some1 simply post the video of when this guy called for it. Buhari has since denied this.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Mar 29, 2011
GenBuhari:

Sorry I do not know which of his wives, or deltails of their marriage.
all I know is that one of his wives is a christian.

His driver and cook are also christians.

His picked a christian pastor as a vice president

How can anyone call Buhari a fanatic muslim when his wife, driver, cook and vice president are all christians?

He has not imposed Islam own his on wife, why on earth would you think he would try and impose Sharia on 150million Nigerians?

@ Demdem they cannot post a video to back up their allegation.

Below is video of Buhari refuting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6WU3oXInw

Then why havent the moderators locked this thread There is no basis for this.
At best, the man has come out openly to deny this. Case closed.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2011
"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

. . .from the above link. Is it from the same media house that held the 'credible' debate?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Did you check the date? It was in 2001.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Lolabbey: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2011
buhARI 4 chng, jor ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 29, 2011
[size=18pt]Video of Buhari refuting the claims, the reporter that wrote the false story was not even at the event and did not speak Hausa  shocked[/size]

[flash=900,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6WU3oXInw?version=3[/flash]
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
I think he doesn't do justice to the question. When politicians respond to questions in this manner I personally take it as they have something to hide

His Defense
1. He says you cant base your manifesto on religious sentiments
2. He says his statement was misinterpreted.
3. He meant that Sokoto residents know their people and should vote for people that would work for them and that would hold their trust.

My thoughts
1. He chaired the launching of the book on Sharia which was a divisive and controversial issue at the time (in fact it has always been controversial from the 2nd republic). As an Elder statesman who was thinking of running for President, it may have been wiser to avoid being in that gathering.

2. It is very likely that He made a statement referring to or inferring that people should vote based on tribe or religion muslims voting for muslims (Hence (3) in Defense section)

3. His other controversies surrounding the issue of ethnic or religious sentiments - Organization of the Islamic Conference application, PTF issue etc - makes this all the more believable

4. On his side though, the reporter (according to him) who wrote the first article on Thisday wasn't at the meeting and may possibly have been a victim of hearsay retransmission inaccuracy.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
My friend at the time Buhari chaired the book launch, he was not intending to run for president, it was a favour for a friend.

This was 2001 !! and it was not until he saw how corrupt OBJ was wrecking the country that he decided challenge him for the presidency in 2003 and rest is history.

Remember every Muslim believes in Sharia, it is a corner stone  of the faith.

Buhari is not tribalist, one of his wives is a christian, so are his driver and cook.

Buhari never imposed Sharia when he had absolute power as a military head of state.

It was IBB that joined the OIC.

Buhari has further demonstrated that these allegations are falsehoods, by choosing a christian pastor as vice president

case closed!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
GenBuhari:

My friend at the time Buhari chaired the book launch, he was not intending to run for president, it was a favour for a friend.

This was 2001 !! and it was not until he saw how corrupt OBJ was wrecking the country that he decided challenge him for the presidency in 2003 and rest is history.
Well this makes sense but like in politics these deeds come back to hunt you.

GenBuhari:

Buhari is not tribalist, one of his wives is a christian, so are his driver and cook.
Once again I have seen no prove of one of his wife being a christian and remaining one until date.

GenBuhari:

Buhari never imposed Sharia when he had absolute power as a military head of state.
Right

GenBuhari:

It was IBB that joined the OIC.
Buhari made the application and would have joined if there wasn't a coup.

GenBuhari:

Buhari has further demonstrated that these allegations are falsehoods, by choosing a christian pastor as vice president
I hate to be the one to tell you this but you need to pick a running mate which is from the extreme opposite tribe (North or South) and of a different religion (Christianity or Islam). This is merely a political point to score with voters.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2011
Yea the reporter does not speak hausa like many other reporters that make use of interpreters.
So it means that the hausa person/speaker he contracted to interpret for him deliberately changed what he said. It sounds like the IG saying he was quoted out of context after banning the use of cell phones in polling boths.

That he said that before running for the presidency does not change the fact that it is a position his person actively supports.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
Buhari never made the application for OIC that is a big lie.

Please provide credible evidence of this if you have it.

From what I understand, General Murtala Mohammed made the application and we joined as observer status, and IBB upgraded us to full membership.

OBJ renewed our membership in 2003!! shocked
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by somze(f): 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari never made the application for OIC that is a big lie.

Please provide credible evidence of this if you have it.

From what I understand, General Murtala Mohammed made the application and we joined as observer status, and IBB upgraded us to full membership.

OBJ renewed our membership in 2003!! shocked

Here's your link. I have come across more but this came to mind more quickly - http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/30.htm

Can I see a link that places this on Murtala's doorstep?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
This book : "History of Nigeria" does not mention that Buhari applied for our membership, it lays it entirely on IBB

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=XygZjbNRap0C&pg=PA222&lpg=PA222&dq=Oic+nigeria+membership&source=bl&ots=ESzIrLa0VQ&sig=C-7cFk8sii4VJ8MsGhtY2hpi1b0&hl=en#v=onepage&q=Oic%20nigeria%20membership&f=false

This link says that Nigeria registered in 1986 and said that we had an observer status since 1969
The bolded indicates / implies  that Babaginda is purely responsible as he could have stated publicly that Buhari made the application.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5409963-147/story.csp

First tentative steps

The first meeting of the organization was held in Morocco in 1969. Nigeria was invited for this opening meeting. However, the then Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, sent a delegation of observers, led by Abubakar Gumi, to represent only the Nigerian Muslim community.

Throughout the 70s and the greater part of the 80s, Nigeria refused to join the organization despite reported pressure from lobbyists. In 1986, controversy trailed Nigeria’s secret admission into the fraternity; with many arguing that as a secular nation, it had no business with the Islamic body.

However, a French news agency reported that Nigeria has been admitted into the organization as its 46th member in January 1986.

The news hit the nation with mixed surprises. The Muslim community saw it as a pleasant surprise, but the Christian community strongly resented Nigeria’s bonding with this body. They saw it as ‘Islamization of Nigeria’ and asked the president to deregister the country from the organization, since our constitution holds that Nigeria is a secular society.

Ebitu Ukiwe, then a navy commodore and second in command to the then military President, Ibrahim Babangida, had it rough with that administration when he declared publicly that the decision to join OIC was not discussed at any level of government. Mr. Ukiwe’s denial of the decision reportedly led to his forceful exit from government.

Resistance, still

“General Gowon had no business taken us there as an observer in the first place” said Joseph John Hayab, the General Secretary of Christian Association of Nigeria. “We have no idea of the pressure that was mounted on him, but the issue is simply what we have been saying. It has nothing to do with Christians or Muslims in Nigeria but when government finds itself very weak, they always go via religion to see how they can find a way of escape.

The link below also puts it squarely on IBB without mention of Buhari.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Babangida

OIC membership
Babangida (unilaterally, without consultation with other bodies) upgraded Nigeria's role in the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC), from a mere observer status to full-fledged membership. After public outcry and denial by Babangida, the John Shagaya panel was instituted to determine Nigeria's status in the OIC, subsequently confirming membership and making a recommendation for withdrawal from the body.[citation needed]

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
somze:

Well this makes sense but like in politics these deeds come back to hunt you.
Once again I have seen no prove of one of his wife being a christian and remaining one until date.
Right
Buhari made the application and would have joined if there wasn't a coup.
I hate to be the one to tell you this but you need to pick a running mate which is from the extreme opposite tribe (North or South) and of a different religion (Christianity or Islam). This is merely a political point to score with voters.

Well agreed its now hunting him but he has since declared he isnt for that anymore. To err is human. I believe his words
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^Demdem,
He had never been for it , he was misrepresented.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
To use the actions taken in a military regime to judge Buhari's democratic quest simply exposes the low IQ of the poster.

Now I know why bad education under a PDP government is worse than no education.

Have you visited government tertiary institutions and unity schools under the PDP?
To see what they have been reduced to since 1999 to date?

Are GEJ''s children attending public schools?

IN FACT WHO IS THE BIOLOGICAL MOTHER OF GEJ'S CHILDREN?

WHY SHOULD NIGERIANS VOTE FOR A MAN WHO CANNOT TELL THE TRUTH, BUT PREFERS TO LIE AND POST ADVERTS OF LIES TO MISLEAD THE ELECTORATE?

I REPEAT THAT ONLY BRUTES, IDIOTS AND SHAMELESS BENEFICIARIES OF THE MOST CORRUPT POLITICAL PARTY IN AFRICA WILL VOTE FOR THE PDP.
DOGS OF THE EARTH.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Orikinla

Please show your support for Buhari by modifying your signature:
See mine below:
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2011
Video of Buhari refuting these false allegations against him
[flash=900,500]
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
Video of Buhari refuting these false allegations against him
[flash=900,500]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Obasanjo Meets Kwankwaso, Duke, Agbakoba, 35 Parties In Lagos / Cars Acquired By Ikpeazu For Abia Police / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.