Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (37216 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
Guys,

I leave you with this excerpts of Buhari Interview, make your mind, whether for or against.

Question: General, I hope you’re aware that some years ago there was a controversy around a statement credited to you somewhere in Sokoto state in which you are reported to have said that Muslims should vote for Muslims. Now whether you were misquoted or not, whether you were misrepresented or not, that has caused some anxiety and some concern, understandably, to some Christians in the south of the country, in the Middle Belt, even in the north itself. So how do you intend to sell your candidacy to those people who have perceived you wrongly or rightly as a sectional candidate who is popular in the North because he is seen as the champion of Islam and Sharia? How do you propose to appeal to people who are concerned legitimately and anxious about you being a president who will implement Sharia nationally or who will limit the rights of Christians and promote the interest of Muslims? I want you to speak to those people.

General Buhari: Well, that perception remains. I know in 2003 I wrote to many Bishops and I could recall I visited (inaudible) in 2003 and 2007. As you said, it happened in Sokoto in 2000 before I participated in elections. The person who reported me by tribe is a Yoruba man, by religion a Muslim. He was not in Sokoto and does not understand Hausa, maybe he still doesn’t. How he got the story I don’t know. And the comment I made was that people in Sokoto know their people, that when the ban on politics is lifted they should choose the people that will represent them responsibly. This is common sense: if someone aspires to rule this country, he cannot afford to offend even pagans or even atheists—those who don’t even believe in God. These are the people that will vote. How can I say Muslims should not vote for Christians? Then do I expect Christians to vote me, a Muslim? I wrote to the Bishops. I explained to them, but I think, as you mentioned, perception, people hold on to their perception. Even the church leaders were careful to explain to their flock that there is no way any leader will, at the federal level, antagonize any of the religions. So, I wrote to the Bishops to explain but I am still very surprised that the perception remains.

So there is nothing I can do about it, but I will continue to explain my position. And I have backed it by facts that I have served the country’s military for 25 years. I did all the command and staff work, as a platoon commander to General Officer Commanding and the only still surviving officers that commanded three of the four commands in the Nigerian Army. And the Nigerian Army is about 75% Christian and nobody has ever said I took a decision against anybody because of his religion or his tribe. There are other tribes in the whole command. So, if for politically it sticks that I don’t like Christians, well it is very very unfortunate, but my performance in office at all stages has portrayed me as an impartial person, and I have believe that whoever is still bringing that case up, for whatever vote, will definitely fail in a free and fair election. The question of me being a sharia advocate and a hater of Christians has never happened and it will certainly fail.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by KBrown: 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
I know in our minds we think of the 66 suit cases, the 2.8 billion naira missing in NNPC, the Fela inprisonment, the Nduka Irabor inprisonment.

Everyone seems to have fallen for your smart move to be silent about this dark spot during Buhari's time. 2.8 billion Naira may not look much this day but there was so much uproar when Buhari mismanaged it. He is no saint as you want Nigerians to believe. One wonders whether it is from the proceeds he made from that deal that he has been prosecuting his many failed bids to be president.

Or could it be that the 2.8 Billion is getting to finish, hence the desperation to get back to get more.

It may also interest you that during his sojourn at PTF, it was clear to many that the distribution of intervention projects especially in roads was unjustly tilted in favour of Katsina and the other Northern States.

STOP DECEIVING NIGERIANS, BUHARI IS NOT A SAINT!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

@Frosbel

You have just rewarded my 6 hrs on internet on a weekend with your U turn on Buhari! I am more happy because i know you have already made a post not favouring him before and you had done more research. this is what people like yeswecan, jakumo, beaf are too lazy to do!

“Anybody who called Buhari a religious bigot is silly. Anybody who said Buhari gained  popularity among muslims because of the purported statement he made in favour of Iraq during  the USA/Iraq war is out of his mind. I challenge that person to come up with the tape  recorder or video coverage where he made such a statement. Buhari himself has denied this  allegation over and over again but you journalists, sometimes, are mischievous. They said he  spoke in Hausa. Let that person come up with that quotation,” he challenged.

Buhari, he said, has been a governor in the North-East, now comprising six states of the  federation; a commander in various formations of the military; Director of Supply and  Transport, Adjutant-General; Quarter-Master General of the Army; GOC Commanding, Personnel  Commander of Nigeria Troops for 30 months during the civil war. He was also platoon  Commander during the UN Operation in the Congo in the ’60s. “All these troops had both  muslim and christians. He was Minister of Petroleum Resources. When he was minister, he was  the only muslim in the ministry. Even the gateman was a christian. Buhari worked in harmony  with them. Buhari is not a religious bigot and he will never be one; http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/09/20/the-buhari-challenge/

My brother, with great respect you have listed a lot of appointments for a [b]70 [/b]year old man but achievements appear to be conspicuous by their absence.

What have his pronouncements been on the Jos crisis, how does he intend to tackle almajirism and the education issues that plagues the north. It is clear that you are an intelligent individual. You can not expect us to be swayed by him employing a christian gateman, this is a bit pedestrian. What did he achieve?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by truly: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
SapeleGuy:

My brother, with great respect you have listed a lot of appointments for a 70 [/b]year old man but achievements appear to be conspicuous by their absence.

What have his pronouncements been on the Jos crisis, how does he intend to tackle almajirism and the education issues that plagues the north. It is clear that you are an intelligent individual. You can not expect us to be swayed by him employing a christian gateman, this is a bit pedestrian. What did he achieve?
Politics is indeed a dirty game - anything to win votes whether in the national interest or not.
People said Buhari did not talk when Yaradua was sick; when evidence was produced to the effect that he asked that Johnathan be made acting president, they moved on to other excuses
Even Johnathan has personally debunked some of the false accusations against Buhari

[b]Buhari was head of state for 20 months; Johnathan has now put in 11 months
. Please tell us his achievements.
When Chad republic invaded this country, it was Buhari as GOC who drove them back and was even close to their capital. Note that Niger is predominantly muslim
As Head of State, petroleum minister was from Bayelsa (Rivers then), NNPC GMD was from South South

What are Johnathan's plans for those same things you mention. Although I regard most of the stuff we hear as rhetoric. On the basis of planning alone, Nigeria should be among top 10 in the world.

How much of NEEDS did we implement, Vision 2010 was done by Abacha (yes, same guy), we had a plan to provide Water and Shelter for All by year 2000. And the MDGs for year 2015? And Visions 20 2020?

Let us be frank with ourselves, Johnathan has been making promises - but look at the evidence
Is Folarin guilty of murdering Eleweomo or not?
Harliburton case, how far?
Will Daniel be rewarded with a senate seat after turning Ogun State into an autocracy?

Again, let us look at evidence, not just blandishments
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by truly: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
KBrown:

Everyone seems to have fallen for your smart move to be silent about this dark spot during Buhari's time. 2.8 billion Naira may not look much this day but there was so much uproar when Buhari mismanaged it. He is no saint as you want Nigerians to believe. One wonders whether it is from the proceeds he made from that deal that he has been prosecuting his many failed bids to be president.

Or could it be that the 2.8 Billion is getting to finish, hence the desperation to get back to get more.

It may also interest you that during his sojourn at PTF, it was clear to many that the distribution of intervention projects especially in roads was unjustly tilted in favour of Katsina and the other Northern States.

[b]STOP DECEIVING NIGERIANS, BUHARI IS NOT A SAINT! [/b]  

You are repeating the argument that Obasanjo used to back the annulment of June 12
Is Abiola the messiah? Obasanjo asked
There is no saint on the face of the earth
Johnathan (yes, no less; ask Beaf) has debunked the suitcase argument
The N2.8b. Did he really steal that when Obj was head of state
And what is the evidence. There are always rumours
Look at the Sharia issue - I know that Buhari does not even understand Islam as much as IBB
Do you remember that Obasanjo probed PTF when he became president in 1999
The panel was headed by Haroun Adamu. If Buhari was guilty, for daring to contest him in 2003, Buhari would have got more than the Atiku treatment
Like I have said, Niger Delta people headed NNPC and Petroleum ministry under Buhari

I have always wondered what we want in this country - Ojukwu said Awo was the best president we never had
But that was after the man's death. Let us leave Awo,
should Shagari have won an election with Zik & Awo contesting?
David Mark, as Minister of Communications, said telephone was not for the poor
today he is Senate President
The same mark who strongly supported the annulment of June 12 election

We always over estimate our knowledge
We were sure that Abacha would not last more than 1 year; the man spent 5 years
In 2007, we were told how Yaradua was the best thing ever for this country, we know better

I saw a thread on Fawehinmi today, people were lamenting
when he said he wanted to become president, the same people laughed at him and said he should go to the senate
The senate where a David Mark would say, "Chief, I rule you out of order" and finally "the Ayes have it"

Let us pause
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Truly

I had wanted to reply these guys, but your response are good enough.

But may I add:

Buhari was NNPC chairman and Minister of Petroleum when all the major refineries in this country were built- check records

What PTF achieved in 4years in terms of infrastructural development (I know so many roads in the southwest that still carry the PTF sign) cannot be rivalled by obasanjo's 8 year rule (Anenih).

2.8 billion and PTF - where is the report indicting him - never add of one.

These guys are just disgusting. Now I posted his interview on Sharia, which was their major focus before, now they are coming from the angle that can never hold water. even Obasanjo and the elites couldn't hold him on that
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by jookco(m): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2011
Even his name Ayatolla is scary, I volunteer to create a homepage broadcast Buhari's agenda for Nigeria which is simply to introduce sharia in the whole state of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Abdollar1: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
I find it hard for people calling Buhari a religous bigot and nailing his integrity on this. Any other info. about this man tha been a religous bigot.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by udezue(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
He is a jihadist. Case closed
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
KBrown:

STOP DECEIVING NIGERIANS, BUHARI IS NOT A SAINT!  

That money was actually traced to his Midland bank fixed deposit account in London by a Senate committee headed by (Olusola saraki) during Shagari's time, that is the real reason Buhari disdainfully smashed that lawfully elected govt and siezed power. As soon as Decree 4 that made reporting any embarrassing news about a serious crime (even if it was the truth) and all hands that could implicate him were sacked or jailed (including Fela and Vera Ifudu - for airing the news on NTA), Buhari stunned the nation by publicly announcing that he was ready to resign. Job done, tracks covered, documents shredded!
Buhari's shock announcement, after just a couple of months in power shook the nation and saw Idiagbon rise and take his place; Buhari became a figurehead with a junior ranking officer in Idiagbon manning all executive powers of state; that is the reason IBB had to wait for Idiagbon to leave the country before striking, Buhari was well and truly in Nigeria and powerless as any figurehead when the IBB palace coup took place.

ALL Buhari's claimed achievement are entirely due to Idiagbon ALONE.

Now, add the above to the mans religious radicalisation after leaving power and you get the picture of an exceedingly dangerous man a bit on the crazed side.
Who wants a wild-eyed president that would neglect the non-Muslim population and spend his time issuing sharia fatuahs? He would even alienate the vast majority of Nigerian Muslims who are moderate.
Anyone that wishes to be president of Nigeria must be religiously moderate and tolerant.

Decree 4 was designed to shield Buhari and his minions from being accountable to the Nigerian people. The intent of the decree was clear -- to silence opinion, speculation and even the truth.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/carticles/confessions_of_a_prosecutor.htm
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ab-dollar:

I find it hard for people calling Buhari a religous bigot and nailing his integrity on this. Any other info. about this man tha been a religous bigot.

You are safari SA . You are fooling no one leave this place .
safari SA:

@Truly

I had wanted to reply these guys, but your response are good enough.

But may I add:

Buhari was NNPC chairman and Minister of Petroleum when all the major refineries in this country were built- check records

What PTF achieved in 4years in terms of infrastructural development (I know so many roads in the southwest that still carry the PTF sign) cannot be rivalled by obasanjo's 8 year rule (Anenih).

2.8 billion and PTF - where is the report indicting him - never add of one.

These guys are just disgusting. Now I posted his interview on Sharia, which was their major focus before, now they are coming from the angle that can never hold water. even Obasanjo and the elites couldn't hold him on that

No one is saying Buhari is corrupt in any way - he is just obstinately attached to islamic faith that he lacks common sense. We cannot have such person leading a mixed Nigeria.

By this way, why Buhari? This guy is 69 years old, once a military ruler and a coup schemer from the northern ruling elite. Is this the best Nigeria can offer? from the dustbin of ex military rulers? What nonsense - Gej and Ribadu are the only options we have - Buhari is in the class of IBB both were once military rulers seeking power. He should take his fanatic self and give way to young folks with idea.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan,

can you trust yourself, the new generation if you taste power? i am sure you will steal more money than Obj, IBB, and abacha combined.

@beaf

Keep posting lies. Saraki grin investigated! calling that name kills your position. NPN senate leader? the Leader of the corrupt version of the Senate NPN of those days. it's like saying Omisore tried Abacha for killing Kudirat! look for another thing to say. read between the lines of every article you read and make constructive conclusion my friend.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
Fellow NLanders.

I do admire Nuhu Ribadu. he really has the drive for anti-corruption, but he did it in a careless manner just the way Buhari did in 1983 to '85. But Ribadu was not the problem, it was the institution and the structure that did not allow him to be independent of Obasanjo. Reminds me of the law of independent counsel which produced Kenneth Star, a man who became more powerful than the american president. Clinton did mention it in his book that it is his greatest regret to have signed that bill that gave rise to that role. but where is that law and that position of independent counsel today? thrown into the trashcan! we need something close to that bill that will make EFCC absolutely independent but now powerful than the positon of President.

Having said that, Buhari still remains my best option because Ribadu will fight corruption with reckless abandon- the way he talks displays this. He has not learnt from his mistakes, his excesses in riding a car over his oga, promoting impeachment of Alams & dariye with lawmakers that did not form a quorun, and talking of Tinubu being the most corrupt governor whose corruption is of international dimension, and exonerationg Bode George of a crime that still ended up jailing him under Yar'Adua Government. If Ribadu wins the presidential election on his first attempt, he will reinforce these mistakes as just. Does Ribadu knows how to build infrastructures? where is the experience? only in crime fighting and anti-corruption? Dora could as well do be a better president as she was completely blameless in tackling corruption in NAFDAC. Buhari on the other hand displayed same excesses in his own time as military head of state, but has grown wiser, and has shown his love for democracy by consistently contesting for president in 2 elections, challenging rigging in court even when his party then decided to pull out - he attended every single session of the court and Yar adua was lucky with a 3-2 split vote. A military background, but he has proven that a gun used in 1983 is not fit for these times, hence his achievable feats at the courts. Anti-corruption will remain his greatest drive, and it will not be with the same youthful exuberance he used in 1983. People say generational shift and i refuse to trust my generation - 30s to 50's - who have never tasted power. the few that have done have faltered, including Ribadu himself. power intoxicates and nigerian power even gets you drunk. that is why i go with a Buhari, who has seen it all. at 69, he has seen everything that could make him steal money, yet he remains a modest man whose means can be easily traced. at least, i have not seen any newspaper report or even rumour telling me he owns this company, owns this estate, owns a fleet of cars, has a house in Abuja. Someone who was Minister of Petroleum, NNPC chairman, governor, PTF chairman. where are his contemporaries. IBB is swimming in money, obj is swimming in money, danjuma has 2 oil wells he is confused over. List all the generals of his time, and you will see this man stand out

This is what I want, a tested integrity, not an untested one that can fall to the excess of Aso Rock power. 4 years for this man, and Ribadu can take over, after having been a governor, a senator, learning the robes.

Beaf, Please defend this: Jonathan is not an option - refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja because disgruntled national assemblies threatened to give their votes to atiku if he does do so. was completely dumbfounded and clueless on what to do on ATIKU's attacking speech and had to consult david mark, bankole, and obasanjo in the full glare of television cameras before making his own, drab, speech. this man has no balls!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Lagosboy: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
SAI BUHARI!!!

@Frosbel
I am impressed and you have really earned my respect. And what makes a man a man is the abiliy to recognise the truth and accept it without his ego stoping him.

Buhari or Ribadu is the one to change Nigeria and Buhari would be the better choice at this point in time. WE need soeone radical to save our drowning country but it appears to me the greatest enemy of Nigeria is we the masses ourselves. We dont want help and we love corruption otherwise why would anyone support GEJ over Buhari or Ribadu.

GEJ's cash and carry convention, automatic tickets for rogue governors like Akala , pardon for Folarin etc is just the same old story of our politicia. GEJ's mentor is a convicted criminal inthe person of Alameisgha, his poltical father is OBJ, his confidant is Anenih. Nigerians let us wake up to the reality and drop all these ethnic and religous bigotry. According to Fela Kuti "Same old politicians wey rule Nigeria before , same old politican wey spoil Nigeria before" are the same people GEJ has as friends. Fela was referring t OBJ then and the old man is still round GEJ.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
Lagosboy,

Thanks for joining me in congratulating Frosbel. We are on track!

@Beaf'

I have read your link article by levi? do you think deeply after reading an article. Decree 4 was a law meant for a people that had lost hope in values, never believed in them. Do you know that information censorship is what has kept china together? Nigeria had that time needed to be reformed, and what do you do to a deranged, drug addict. you take him to an isolated rehab centre, closed to the world and get him reformed. when done, you introduce him back to the world. this is what Jerry Rawlings did with Ghana, communist still does it with china, and this was what Buhari intended doing then, not now. the scenarios have changed!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:04am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA:

yeswecan,

can you trust yourself, the new generation if you taste power? i am sure you will steal more money than Obj, IBB, and abacha combined.

@beaf

Keep posting lies. Saraki grin investigated! calling that name kills your position. NPN senate leader? the Leader of the corrupt version of the Senate NPN of those days. it's like saying Omisore tried Abacha for killing Kudirat! look for another thing to say. read between the lines of every article you read and make constructive conclusion my friend.

Do you believe in fairies and fantasy? Your arguments are not connected to easily verifiable reality. It is very easy to find out what went on the Shagari's Senate, records abound. There was also a successful court case brought by Vera Ifudu over her sacking by Buhari for announcing the Senate Committees finding on NTA news, she was reinstated and paid damages - another easily verifiable fact.

You could have at least checked the above before making stupeed comments in support of a religious fanatic. It is easy to conclude that under a Buhari govt, Boko haram would become yesterdays joke as Nigeria will become a full fledged terrorist state, led by a man with disregard for rule of law and anything that isn't on the fanatical religious right wing.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2011
@beaf
could have at least checked the above before making stupeed comments in support of a religious fanatic. It is easy to conclude that under a Buhari govt, Boko haram would become yesterdays joke as Nigeria will become a full fledged terrorist state, led by a man with disregard for rule of law and anything that isn't on the fanatical religious right wing.

Now I know how daft you are. So Nigerian can still be a terrorist state, with all the complexities. i doubt if you are a Nigerian.

Why dont you defend your man misdeeds as clearly stated. I have said Buhari made some mistakes and is wiser now, i have challenged and even won someone on this thread to our side, that he is not a fundamentalist. can you just defend GEJ and let us see who you can convert to your side? You have really gone paranoid with your religious beliefs!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA:

Now I know how daft you are. So Nigerian can still be a terrorist state, with all the complexities. i doubt if you are a Nigerian.

Why dont you defend your man misdeeds as clearly stated. I have said Buhari made some mistakes and is wiser now, i have challenged and even won someone on this thread to our side, that he is not a fundamentalist. can you just defend GEJ and let us see who you can convert to your side? You have really gone paranoid with your religious beliefs!

He just didn't make mistakes, he stole money and was caught, he launched a coup against those who caught him. The proof is there, I have given it.
Buhari is not only a THIEF, but a red eyed fanatic as well.

And please stop ascribing religion to me, because I follow none. It is a shallow minded thing to do, but we have come to expect that from wrestlers, Boko Harams and the types that are excited by the prospect of sharia being imposed all over Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by jason123: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2011
Beaf:

He just didn't make mistakes, he stole money and was caught, he launched a coup against those who caught him. The proof is there, I have given it.
Buhari is not only a THIEF, but a red eyed fanatic as well.

And please stop ascribing religion to me, because I follow none. It is a shallow minded thing to do, but we have come to expect that from wrestlers, Boko Harams and the types that are excited by the prospect of sharia being imposed all over Nigeria.

What about your president's wife ? How did GJ pay 10 million naira for his primaries? Why was his wife caught with money at the airport
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 12:33am On Jan 16, 2011
this beaf guy is just insane! not surprised though, all GEJ supporters, including professors, have lost their senses to the power of incumbency and Gej money

You trying to tag Buhari a thief? Even the generations before you, including those that had power to jail, could not find him a thief.

Defend you guy now, If you keep quiet on all these GEJ blunders, your silence means you admit!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Abeem(m): 3:09am On Jan 16, 2011
The fear of BUHARI is the beginning of wisdom. You can demonize him as much as you like, but you can never silence the nemesis of corrupt politicians, GEJ included.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 16, 2011
Buhari is only anti-corruption Head of State

He refused to dance to tune of Western Nations (they probably sponsored IBB to overthrow him)

In just 1.5 year of leadership, he achieved following:

Resisted unfavourable IMF loan terms and the SAP and paud off some of our national debt.

Almost suceeded in stamping out corruption by imprisoning all corrupt politicians until they coughed up their loot.

Reduced inflation from 23% to 5%

He did not makeany attempt at introducing Sharia
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 5:15am On Jan 16, 2011
^^^ You know that was Idiagbon, who is now dead. So where will your man get his ideas from now?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 5:23am On Jan 16, 2011
Gen Buhari!

Welcome, I have been holding fort for you as the team lead for Buhari Team in another thread. In your absence, we were able to win a soul to our side, Frosbell.

All others remain grounded in their christian and ogun fundamentalism.

@ Sapeleguy,

You just dont understand that without Buhari, Idiagbon was nobody. it takes leadership to allow your deputy to be the face of your government, something obj and yaradua could not accept!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:50am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA:

Gen Buhari!

Welcome, I have been holding fort for you as the team lead for Buhari Team in another thread. In your absence, we were able to win a soul to our side, Frosbell.

@ Sapeleguy,

You just dont understand that without Buhari, Idiagbon was nobody. it takes leadership to allow your deputy to be the face of your government, something obj and yaradua could not accept!

Yes, in the very strictly hierarchical order of the military, it indeed takes a very "special" kind of "leadership" to prostrate to those below your rank.

It is no surprise that at the time of his coup, IBB couldn't be arsed that Buhari was well ensconced in Dodan barracks, airily faffing about. His cold fear lay with Idiagbon, so he patiently waited until the man was out of the country, then simply walked up to the faffing Buhari and told him something like, “dude bleep off!” And Dodan Barracks crumbled.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA,

thank u my brother.

safari SA:

Gen Buhari!

@ Sapeleguy,

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by saha(f): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2011
when will nigerians come to understand the meaning of sharia?sharia simply means complete code that governs the life of a muslim and no one else.lets at least understand our arguments not just make unwarranted shots.put sentiments tribal n religious and work for nigeria
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by saha(f): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2011
lets put ethnic and religious sentiments aside.lets work for a new nigeria
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2011
Buhari's wife is a Christian, now would a fundamentalist tolerate that?

Buhari has met with pastors and communicated with priests and bishops - that does not look like the action  of a fundamentalist.

Perhaps his only mistake was accept an invitation to attend launch of a book on Sharia law. However this does not necessarily mean that he is in favour of implementing Sharia law, he may had seen it as a purely academic exercise, at a time (year 2000) when may not have contemplated ever running for election.

Commmon people let us consider carefully what is Nigeria number on problem -  that is right it is corruption.

Now consider which of the presidential aspirants has the best proven track record in stamping out corruption - Buhari

Have you ever wondered why  the thieving OBJ and IBB are so keen to block Buhari for entering the seat of power?

Pause and think.

I am igbo, but I am not prepared to think in tribal terms, as tribalism has held us back for decades and we must start thinking
about the merits of our leaders
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:27am On Jan 16, 2011
saha:

when will nigerians come to understand the meaning of sharia?sharia simply means complete code that governs the life of a muslim and no one else.lets at least understand our arguments not just make unwarranted shots.put sentiments tribal n religious and work for nigeria

How do you put aside a presidential aspirants religious bigotry? How?
Next thing, you guys will begin suggesting those who frown on Boko Harams killings are in the wrong. Its called upside down thinking.

The funny thing is that, if it was Helen Ukpabio aspiring to be president, you very same blinded folk would scream no end that she is a religious wacko who is unfit for office.

Rubbish. We will never have an Ayatollah over a secular country.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari's wife is a Christian, now would a fundamentalist tolerate that?

Buhari has met with pastors and communicated with priests and bishops - that does not look like the action of a fundamentalist.

Perhaps his only mistake was accept an invitation to attend launch of a book on Sharia law. However this does not necessarily mean that he is in favour of implementing Sharia law, he may had seen it as a purely academic exercise, at a time (year 2000) when may not have contemplated ever running for election.

Commmon people let us consider carefully what is Nigeria number on problem - that is right it is corruption.

Now consider which of the presidential aspirants has the best proven track record in stamping out corruption - Buhari

Have you ever wondered why the thieving OBJ and IBB are so keen to block Buhari for entering the seat of power?

Pause and think.

I am igbo, but I am not prepared to think in tribal terms, as tribalism has held us back for decades and we must start thinking
abput the merits of our leaders

@bolded
This is Bin Ladens son, but he is a terrorist:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_QfVWU-2pVL4/TBjw01YHeDI/AAAAAAAAOwU/d4mAzZnaENQ/s1600/Osama+Bin+Laden%E2%80%99s+son+wants+to+call+daughter+Elizabeth+after+the+Queen.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2011
@Beaf

You have remained hopeless and clueless in defending you candidate despite all allegations against him. All you can do is to keep maligning Buhari, leaving your candidate, GEJ to wallow in his ballesssness. you are such an insincere debater and deceiving contributor like your sponsor GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Kema Chikwe And Husband, Albert Chikwe Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.