Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. (4414 Views)

Getting Ready For My Introduction Pls Advice!!! / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Advice On Wht To Do On My INTRODUCTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by titilayomi(f): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2007
What's introduction ceremony about ? what happens, who's invited, E.t.c.
I will appreciate all informative comments. I have never been to one, and i'm curious as mine is in a few months in naija. Thanks @ y'all in advance.
Re: My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2007
the grooms family visits the brides family

the extended family(as many as can make it) are introduced to one another

its a small ceremony lots of chit-chat, introductions etc.

the intention of marriage is made then, that's usually when the process of setting a date for the wedding is done

In fact the bride and groom don't even have to be present its a famiily thing
Re: My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by titilayomi(f): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2007
Thanks alot @salsera,Was begining to think no one would reply me. I really appreciate your response. So we needn't be there, but our old folks have never met before, they don't even recognise each other. I'm so anxious about it all, but i guess it wil be alrite.
I also learnt bothe parties prepare smthg like a gifts basket to give to each other. . . don't know if this is right or not.
Re: My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by Motee(f): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2007
Yes Salsera is right and what you just added also.

Are you married now?
Re: My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by Youngpo413: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
salsera:
the grooms family visits the brides family

the extended family(as many as can make it) are introduced to one another

its a small ceremony lots of chit-chat, introductions etc.

the intention of marriage is made then, that's usually when the process of setting a date for the wedding is done

In fact the bride and groom don't even have to be present its a famiily thing
correct
Re: My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding. by gidjah(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
But if you all are in town pls ensure you are present,it will help spice up your intro.your parents are not the only one gettin intro you both also need be formally introduced to both families.[ i can see you are from the west]we no dey play with introduction o!it is as important as the real wedding my dear

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!! My Husband Has Lost Interest In Sex / My Aunt And Her Ashawo Husband In The Club! / I Miss Place My Marriage Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.