Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34138 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Mate, that is a FYNE face without make-up.

She knows, that is why she has the guts to take it.

Dude, no way. She has a nice booty, that is just about it. Don't get me wrong, I love KimK. But w/o that @ss she is just another run of the mill white chick.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2011
eku_bear:

Dude, no way. She has a nice booty, that is just about it. Don't get me wrong, I love KimK. But w/o that @ss she is just another run of the mill white chick.

As I always say: "One man's meat is another man's balanced diet."
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

As I always say: "One man's meat is another man's balanced diet."

Sodomite,

Always sounding more obtuse than before
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2011
fstranger1:

Sodomite,

Always sounding more obtuse than before

Reeetards can not get the humour.

Sardines for brains?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2011
@Sagamite: If you get the chance, go to Austin for a couple weeks. Spend 5 minutes walking downtown near the campus and you'll see at least 10 southern beauties who look as good or better than KimK (not as nice behinds though, of course.)

Not only are there a surplus of attractive women there, you'll be at a tremendous advantage armed with your (I'm guessing) British accent.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2011
eku_bear:

@Sagamite: If you get the chance, go to Austin for a couple weeks. Spend 5 minutes walking downtown near the campus and you'll see at least 10 southern beauties who look as good or better than KimK (not as nice behinds though, of course.)

Stop giving me useless advice.

Couple of weeks?

Nigga, tell me requirements to get a job and green card in/for Austin.  tongue grin grin grin

eku_bear:

Not only are there a surplus of attractive women there, you'll be at a tremendous advantage armed with your (I'm guessing) British accent.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

I laugh in Ijesha.

Me and my Efon-Alaaye accent?

Dem go nickname me "Kunta".  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Couple of weeks?

Nigga, tell me requirements to get a job and green card in/for Austin.  tongue grin grin grin

I laugh in Ijesha.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzvQMf3hIQ?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Couple of weeks?

I laugh in Ijesha.

grin grin grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by favouredjb(f): 11:22am On Jan 20, 2011
lol@efon alaye

tot u were from sagamu,makun accent ll do grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2011
favouredjb:

lol@efon alaye

tot u were from sagamu,makun accent ll do grin

Makun did not sound hard-core enough. I had to look for a new hometown to emphasize. grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Onye2004: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hello all,
I just want to make something clear about all these people making comments about Stacie's father. What you don't know is that she tells her story how she wants it, so that it will sound good and intriguing to follow. She said that she has 10 siblings but she haven't for once mentioned that some of these siblings and her father's wife reside in the U.S. She's met them and they are in constant communication. Never for once has she mentioned this part, why? because, it will not give her the needed attention for her film and books. Wake up people. One more thing, her father did not ask for bride price. The and her husband was treated so royally while in Nigeria. We are yet to hear that part. I know her Nigerian siblings in the U.S. They were born there too.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
cap28:

Hey you, where,ve you been hiding? no i didnt know i was in agreement with Saggy on this one but hey what can i say that's just how i feel.

Not hiding smiley  Been around. 

I think its wrong for her biological father and his family to make demands on her when they did not bring her up.  Do you know what happens to some of those children that are placed in foster homes?  A lot of them end up  psychologically damaged for the rest of their lives, she may have been one of the lucky ones who was placed with a loving family and was saved from a life of abuse and turmoil.  Its on this basis that i think the father has some balls expecting that she owes him anything after what she has been through. 

I know the dangers of the foster care system here in the US, yes.  Stacie appears to have had a normal life since she was adopted. I'm not sure how much time she spent in foster care, if any.

If you find any evidence that the natural father put pressure or demands on her, I'd like to see it.

There's a british born comedienne of nigerian origin  called Gina Yashere whose   father abandoned her mother (who is also nigerian) and the kids when Gina was 3, fast forward 20 years later when Gina is doing well as a stand up comedian this guy now starts writing letters ORDERING Gina to send him a ticket to come visit "the family" in London!!!!!! Gina is totally flabbergasted - here is a man who walked out on the family when they were kids leaving her mum to bring up 5 kids by herself in london.  Gina did not even bother responding to his letters and has no relationship with him. 

Well, this comedienne sounds lke a real piece of work!  So, he asked her for a plane ticket, did he?  Just out of the blue, no conversation leading up to it, no talk of how happy they'd both be to be reunited and talk of where best to meet-up, none of that?  And she so conveniently needed to pass that on to the media?  Any publicity is good publicity afterall.  Let's just wash that dirty linen in public.  An entertainer needs to keep herself in the public eye at all cost anyway.  I already don't like her already!  undecided

That reminds me of the Fashanu brothers.  I know all the drama involved in them finding their dad.  I know how one of them ended up - you're not gonna blame the dad for that too now, are ya?

I find men who abandon their families totally abhorrent, but i reserve my greatest contempt for the  ones who try to renew contact after years of remaining incommunicado in order to extract financial remuneration.

Yes, I applaud that stance.  This instance does not fall into that category.  The man looked like he did okay for himself.  His family all look fine to me.  The pictures of Stacie with the girls I assume to be her half-sisters, they all look pretty good, not poverty-stricken.

I just wish you'd join us in celebrating this reunion, mr scrooge.

And what was with your comments about the Igbo wedding?  Cap, do you not follow any traditions anymore?  I shouldn't be shocked to hear that anyway, since you're a marxist and probably worse! ha.  Is it not the dictate of your kind to neutralize all social stratifications and differences.  So our cultures are in danger if you ever have your say in Nigeria's future.  Lord help us.  cry 

BTW, I'm sure you've heard of Lao Tzu. Not to be confused with Sun Tzu of the Art of War fame.  Lao Tzu (circa. 500 b.c.) was another Chinese writer and Spiritualist, whose work, the Tao Teh Ching, is quite well-known, popular, oft-quoted, and appeals to a wide-range of people.  Well, he had another book, very obscure, which contained some more of his teachings, called the Hua Hu Ching, which was deemed to be so dangerous, it was banned and all copies destroyed in China about 600 years ago.  All this in a bid to protect the masses from its dangerous influence.  The work Hua Hu Ching was recreated and can be found in circulation again.  Oh, yeah.  Don't read it.  After reading the Tao Teh Ching, a few years ago, friend gave me the Hua Hu Ching.  One quarter of the way through, it nearly put me in a coma.  They were right - it is mind control.  Help! hahaha.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by armyofone(m): 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
wow, odikwa serious ne ba oooooooooo

so she is out to make ego after all  undecided

ummm kinda interesting.

Onye2004:

Hello all,
I just want to make something clear about all these people making comments about Stacie's father. What you don't know is that she tells her story how she wants it, so that it will sound good and intriguing to follow. She said that she has 10 siblings but she haven't for once mentioned that some of these siblings and her father's wife reside in the U.S. She's met them and they are in constant communication. Never for once has she mentioned this part, why? because, it will not give her the needed attention for her film and books. Wake up people. One more thing, her father did not ask for bride price. The and her husband was treated so royally while in Nigeria. We are yet to hear that part. I know her Nigerian siblings in the U.S. They were born there too.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by armyofone(m): 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2011
buzugee:

are you for real ? lmao if the man had been in the usa all that time he will be dead by now. if no be hypertension, it will be diabetes or cancer or arthritis or gout. how many 80 year old black men in america can handle 13 kids, 2 wives and still be able to walk on their own ? dont feel sorry for the man. he is enjoying his life. i can bet you that even in his younger days, he didnt look that different from now. he probably was a small man.

lol so blackmen are dying like fowl during raining season like that in the US
grin grin nnameeee grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
Onye2004:

Hello all,

Please don't allow comments on this forum to affect your personal situations.  People just banter here.  There's no "Team Stacie" vs. "Team Daddy" here.  Nothing like that.  smiley

Yes, many reality stars are all about the fame.  We still see her desire to reunite with her dad and rest of her family.   We haven't heard anything about problems within the family, so please don't feel you have to be on the defensive.  Just my 2cents.  I only feel the need to respond to you because I've participated in the discussion from the beginning, and don't want anyone to take this seriously.  We are not on the inside.

Best wishes to all of them.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/379381_3hmo_jpgb6360f2591e20f7f413054b037b30741

The man has a nice house in his village. He is very smallish and why are all  his children taller than him?. The woman at the extreme left is more than 50 and looks good and better than everyone in that picture. I suppose she is his wife since the long lost daughter is presumed to be his first child when he was a student in America.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2011
isale_gan2:

Please don't allow comments on this forum to affect your personal situations.  People just banter here.  There's no "Team Stacie" vs. "Team Daddy" here.  Nothing like that.  smiley

Yes, many reality stars are all about the fame.  We still see her desire to reunite with her dad and rest of her family.   We haven't heard anything about problems within the family, so please don't feel you have to be on the defensive.  Just my 2cents.  I only feel the need to respond to you because I've participated in the discussion from the beginning, and don't want anyone to take this seriously.  We are not on the inside.

Best wishes to all of them.

Nice one

Iya Alasalatu!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
fstranger1:

Nice one

Iya Alasalatu!

How have you been? I miss talking to (yelling at) you. tongue
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by armyofone(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2011
you know nigerians don't like painting home lol. so my guess is they re painted the house and put cement for ground when heard their 'long lost daughter' was coming  cheesy. come see that place short after the daughter don go back grin
i just like the picture. she is happy anyway which is more important.

aloy/emeka:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/379381_3hmo_jpgb6360f2591e20f7f413054b037b30741

The man has a nice house in his village. He is very smallish and why are all  his children taller than him?. The woman at the extreme left is more than 50 and looks good and better than everyone in that picture. I suppose she is his wife since the long lost daughter is presumed to be his first child when he was a student in America.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2011
armyofone:

you know nigerians don't like painting home lol. so my guess is they re painted the house and put cement for ground when heard their 'long lost daughter' was coming  cheesy. come see that place short after the daughter don go back  grin
i just like the picture. she is happy anyway which is more important.

The floor looks old so its not a new thing. It is at least 5 years old but the white paint could be a new thing. However, the house is not a cheap one and whoever can afford to build such house in Nigeria can surely afford paint.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ebonybabe1: 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2011
she is beautiful and i am happy for her. maybe her father never abandoned her. if she is okay with the igbo traditional marriage rites, why are we complaining?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by cap28: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2011
isale_gan2:

If you find any evidence that the natural father put pressure or demands on her, I'd like to see it.

okay here goes, this is your quote which was made on the  first page of this thread:

isale gan 2:
I saw her on tv a few months ago.  She talked about finding her dad and talking to him and several members of the family.  What stood out for me was how excited she was about the culture. She said she and her husband were going to have their wedding all over again, because the family told her they didn't do it right according to Igbo tradition - her family wants the husband to pay the bride price and do all the traditional stuff.

Well, this comedienne sounds lke a real piece of work!  So, he asked her for a plane ticket, did he?  Just out of the blue, no conversation leading up to it, no talk of how happy they'd both be to be reunited and talk of where best to meet-up, none of that?  And she so conveniently needed to pass that on to the media?  Any publicity is good publicity afterall.  Let's just wash that dirty linen in public.  An entertainer needs to keep herself in the public eye at all cost anyway.  I already don't like her already!  undecided

Hardly the point though - he'd been absent from her life for almost 30 years and only felt the need to get in touch when he discovered that she was now doing well as a stand up commedienne, news travels fast and good news even faster! I just find it strangely coincidental that he decided to contact her the minute her career started taking off.

Also I dont think she was washing her dirty linen in public - she was just being honest about her background, she's forever talking about her mum and how without her mum she wouldnt be where she is today, perhaps people wondered why she never spoke about her dad hence her decision to disclose what went on.  I dont think it comes easy to a person who has  been brought up by a single parent to talk in a disparaging way about the absent parent.
By the way if you've been out of a child's life for 30 years - why try to get in touch - surely that will only serve as a disruption in the person's life - anyway that's my opinion (obviously in Stacie's case it was different as she initiated contact)

That reminds me of the Fashanu brothers.  I know all the drama involved in them finding their dad.  I know how one of them ended up - you're not gonna blame the dad for that too now, are ya?

I presume that when you say you know how one of them "ended up" you mean Justin's homosexuality and subsequent suicide?  

You make it sound like he was some sort of serial killer, i dont comment on people's sexuality as i think its none of my business, with regard to the suicide - i dont really know the ins and outs of what led up to this, but i do think that he felt very isolated and rejected by the only person he'd ever been close to - his brother John, so to answer your question - no none of these things were directly the fault of his biological father, however if he'd had a better support network he might have been alive today.

Yes, I applaud that stance.  This instance does not fall into that category.  The man looked like he did okay for himself.  His family all look fine to me.  The pictures of Stacie with the girls I assume to be her half-sisters, they all look pretty good, not poverty-stricken.

I never said they were poverty stricken,  i simply said that they may have ulterior motives towards her, you dont have to be poverty stricken to have ulterior motives, do you think they would have been so eager to embrace her had she been a single mum with 5 kids living on welfare?  As it is she's done well for herself, she's had a good education and im sure is in a position to assist many of her nigerian "relatives"  back home - all of these factors im sure have been taken into consideration by her new "family".

I just wish you'd join us in celebrating this reunion, mr scrooge.

hey i am happy for her!!check the first line of my first post on this thread.  I just dont want her to get hurt that's all cos i know what our people are capable of.

And what was with your comments about the Igbo wedding?  Cap, do you not follow any traditions anymore?  I shouldn't be shocked to hear that anyway, since you're a marxist and probably worse! ha.  Is it not the dictate of your kind to neutralize all social stratifications and differences.  So our cultures are in danger if you ever have your say in Nigeria's future.  Lord help us.  cry  

I do follow traditions, but only where they are relevant, in this instance they arent.  The young woman was raised by american adoptive parents not the biological father, she would never have known him if she had chosen not to trace him, many adopted children chose never to contact their natural parents, in this instance she did for whatever reason, and i feel the biological father is trying to exploit the situation.

Im not going to comment on my ideological leanings as i dont think they are relevant to this post.

BTW, I'm sure you've heard of Lao Tzu. Not to be confused with Sun Tzu of the Art of War fame.  Lao Tzu (circa. 500 b.c.) was another Chinese writer and Spiritualist, whose work, the Tao Teh Ching, is quite well-known, popular, oft-quoted, and appeals to a wide-range of people.  Well, he had another book, very obscure, which contained some more of his teachings, called the Hua Hu Ching, which was deemed to be so dangerous, it was banned and all copies destroyed in China about 600 years ago.  All this in a bid to protect the masses from its dangerous influence.  The work Hua Hu Ching was recreated and can be found in circulation again.  Oh, yeah.  Don't read it.  After reading the Tao Teh Ching, a few years ago, friend gave me the Hua Hu Ching.  One quarter of the way through, it nearly put me in a coma.  They were right - it is mind control.  Help! hahaha.

I am not an authority on ancient chinese philosophy so i will not attempt to offer a critique of Lao Tzu's teachings, i will however say that ancient philosophical thought has been used throughout  the ages as a source of enlightenment to all people and not just in China but in Egypt, Greece and other ancient civilisations, many of these teachings as you know are still very much relevant and adhered to in modern society.

For example Taoism which is derived from  Lao Tzu's teachings  promotes the need for one to take care of one's health by not ingesting certain types of foods , it also teaches us about how to become virtuous and develop compassion and moderation

It teaches that we should not act  irrationally and think deeply before embarking on anything - im simplifying it - but im sure you get my drift - these are some of the tenets of Taoism - why would one conclude that these are forms of "mind control" - on the contrary i would say that these are spiritual tenets or laws which enable us to live more fulfilling and meaningful lives.

I could equally argue that these nigerian traditions that you insist we should uphold despite their irrelevance in modern society are also forms of mind control, why do you see Lao Tzu's teachings as mind control but the payment of bride price to a woman's biological father who has not been a part of her life for 42 years and who was not even raised as an igbo is somethign to be followed and adhered to?

Surely it makes no sense to expect a woman who was not raised by an igbo father to be expected to adhere to the customs and traditions of a culture that she has not been a part of for the past 42 years?

anyway hope you're well, speak soon
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
tpia*:

sometimes race=class.

in america, most especially.

the situation plays out in other circumstances besides white/black, elsewhere.

pacesetters series is full of examples of this type of scenario.

check out titles like "rich girl, poor boy", etc etc. Dont know them all offhand but they're many.
race does not equal class in america. it just so happens that there are more poor black people hence they will be in a lower class. in america, the rich all roll together, play together and live together (regardless of color ).
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Mate, that is a FYNE face without make-up.

She knows, that is why she has the guts to take it.
dunno bout you dawg but this is what i consider a fine face

Uploaded with ImageShack.us not that halloween mask looking face of kim kardashian
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
eku_bear:

you mean sagamu accent ? grin JK
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2011
armyofone:

lol so blackmen are dying like fowl during raining season like that in the US
grin grin nnameeee   grin
YES OOO. if black men in the usa make it to 70 years and still healthy, its a miracle. dunno what it is. maybe the soul food is not good for them or maybe its all the racism stress and strife they experience or maybe its smoking blunts and drankin fortys  grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
cap28:

okay here goes, this is your quote which was made on the first page of this thread:

Hardly the point though - he'd been absent from her life for almost 30 years and only felt the need to get in touch when he discovered that she was now doing well as a stand up commedienne, news travels fast and good news even faster! I just find it strangely coincidental that he decided to contact her the minute her career started taking off.

Also I dont think she was washing her dirty linen in public - she was just being honest about her background, she's forever talking about her mum and how without her mum she wouldnt be where she is today, perhaps people wondered why she never spoke about her dad hence her decision to disclose what went on. I dont think it comes easy to a person who has been brought up by a single parent to talk in a disparaging way about the absent parent.
By the way if you've been out of a child's life for 30 years - why try to get in touch - surely that will only serve as a disruption in the person's life - anyway that's my opinion (obviously in Stacie's case it was different as she initiated contact)

I presume that when you say you know how one of them "ended up" you mean Justin's homosexuality and subsequent suicide?

You make it sound like he was some sort of serial killer, i dont comment on people's sexuality as i think its none of my business, with regard to the suicide - i dont really know the ins and outs of what led up to this, but i do think that he felt very isolated and rejected by the only person he'd ever been close to - his brother John, so to answer your question - no none of these things were directly the fault of his biological father, however if he'd had a better support network he might have been alive today.

I never said they were poverty stricken, i simply said that they may have ulterior motives towards her, you dont have to be poverty stricken to have ulterior motives, do you think they would have been so eager to embrace her had she been a single mum with 5 kids living on welfare? As it is she's done well for herself, she's had a good education and im sure is in a position to assist many of her nigerian "relatives" back home - all of these factors im sure have been taken into consideration by her new "family".

hey i am happy for her!!check the first line of my first post on this thread. I just dont want her to get hurt that's all cos i know what our people are capable of.

I do follow traditions, but only where they are relevant, in this instance they arent. The young woman was raised by american adoptive parents not the biological father, she would never have known him if she had chosen not to trace him, many adopted children chose never to contact their natural parents, in this instance she did for whatever reason, and i feel the biological father is trying to exploit the situation.

Im not going to comment on my ideological leanings as i dont think they are relevant to this post.

I am not an authority on ancient chinese philosophy so i will not attempt to offer a critique of Lao Tzu's teachings, i will however say that ancient philosophical thought has been used throughout the ages as a source of enlightenment to all people and not just in China but in Egypt, Greece and other ancient civilisations, many of these teachings as you know are still very much relevant and adhered to in modern society.

For example Taoism which is derived from Lao Tzu's teachings promotes the need for one to take care of one's health by not ingesting certain types of foods , it also teaches us about how to become virtuous and develop compassion and moderation

It teaches that we should not act irrationally and think deeply before embarking on anything - im simplifying it - but im sure you get my drift - these are some of the tenets of Taoism - why would one conclude that these are forms of "mind control" - on the contrary i would say that these are spiritual tenets or laws which enable us to live more fulfilling and meaningful lives.

I could equally argue that these nigerian traditions that you insist we should uphold despite their irrelevance in modern society are also forms of mind control, why do you see Lao Tzu's teachings as mind control but the payment of bride price to a woman's biological father who has not been a part of her life for 42 years and who was not even raised as an igbo is somethign to be followed and adhered to?

Surely it makes no sense to expect a woman who was not raised by an igbo father to be expected to adhere to the customs and traditions of a culture that she has not been a part of for the past 42 years?

anyway hope you're well, speak soon

Reread my post, but with imaginary smilies at the end of each sentence and then re-reply (a short one!). smiley It's not that serious. The book of Tao was good. The obscure book Hua Hu Ching was weird. Have you read it? Anyway, this is too far from the thread topic. We'll pick it up another time somewhere else.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Outstrip(f): 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
Wait until the man sees the first list submitted by the family  grin grin grin grin I remember my friends family want a goat but when they got the goat they complained that it was not a mature goat and they sent it back.  grin grin grin grin She was so pissed because she does not even know any of these people demanding goat on her behalf.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
Outstrip:

Wait until the man sees the first list submitted by the family grin grin grin grin I remember my friends family want a goat but when they got the goat they complained that it was not a mature goat and they sent it back. grin grin grin grin She was so pissed because she does not even know any of these people demanding goat on her behalf.

hahahaha. grin That's nuts. Refusing a gift?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2011
buzugee:

race does not equal class in america. it just so happens that there are more poor black people hence they will be in a lower class. in america, the rich all roll together, play together and live together (regardless of color ).

Incorrect.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
buzugee:

dunno bout you dawg but this is what i consider a fine face

Uploaded with ImageShack.us  not that halloween mask looking face of kim kardashian

Hell NO!

Fine face but I would not touch her with a barge pole.

Her aura/mannerisms look dour and boring. Not feminine enough.

Her libidinosity = Zero in my view.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145990.0.html
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
ezeagu:

Incorrect.
i am not referring to the crumb snatchers who are scrapping for the 10 percent of the wealth. amongst the crumb snatchers there is the perpetual need to always want to superficially distinguish oneself from the rest so as to be assured of a bigger slice of the 10 percent (the crumb snatchers will be the poor, the lower middle class, the middle class and the upper middle class ). i am talking about the class of people that control the 90 percent of the wealth. the oprah winferys, the stanley o neals, the bob johnsons, jay z, russel simmons etc etc. these set of wealthy people all roll together, play together and live together regardless of race. amongst that set 'camaraderie amongst fellow net worth in the hundreds of millions > racial affiliation'

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tekno And His Daughter, Skye In New Photos / Laura Ikeji Treats Her Hubby To Facial Makeover (photos) / Zlatan Ibile Shows Proof That He Takes Care Of Segun Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.