Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

How Has Your Walk With God Been? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has Your Walk With God Been? (10306 Views)

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / Do We Need Shoes In Our Walk With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2011
Christianity is the earth walk of the new creation, after a man gets born again, GOD leaves him here to reconcile men to him, fulfill his purpose and win in the midst of challenges through his word. How has your walk with God been? I believe Christians in this forum have great testimonies to share on how they have triumphed in the face of challenging situations. Your story could just be what will make other Christians remain standing assured in Christ today.

My walk with God has been beautiful, my parents never went to church, so as a child a wondered from church to church. Until some group of Christians shared the gospel with me. Wow! i got born again; then trouble started. My father threatened to disown me, stop paying my fees and the persecution at home was terrible, but i stood my ground and i told him i would rather drop out of school than stop going to church. Today everybody in my family is born again. God is faithful!

In my early years in the university, I almost got distracted as i met a very wealthy man who before i could say a word, bought me a car. Wow! Promised to take me abroad and on and on. What a temptation, but have been taught that am a seed of Abraham and that i own the world. I KNEW i was rich already, being rich was beyond owning a car,i cld not accept the gift so i returned the car. Then another round of persecution started; friends and relatives mocked me, cos they felt i was brainwashed and thought God sent him as a blessing. Months later the man left that city without a word, cos the police was after him as a result of his illegal deals. Christ! What if i got involved with that man?

Brethren, in this walk we collide with challenging situations like David and Goliath but God is always faithful. The first job i got, i was given an official car. There is no hurry in life, don’t take any short cuts, follow him step by step cos faithful is he that has called you.

How has your walk with God been?

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by udennaa: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
sincerely,mine has not been as beautiful as yours n that of others.my father was not really a pagan but attended church only once in a year-on d day of harvest.my family compound had all d idols my g-father worshipped scattered all over.though my father never worshipped them,but he made sure we performed all d sacrifices due to them.so i'l say by religion,i was born into a xtian family but had a paganist childhood.
a time came when my elder sister became b-again n i started attending crusades n xtian programmes.my repentance was like a challenge which i decided to confront.a few of my uncles were already b-again b4 myself(at a young age) n sister,but they had to soft-pedal n were virtually spiritually dormant due to persecution from my father n d entire family.right from d day i gave my life to christ,it has been from one battle to another,against d goddess of my village n other powers.It is a long story n time will not permit me to tell it all.today i thank God,my father died a xtian,my mother is b-again n d
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by udennaa: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
family has long declared for God.personally,d distractions n pressures have been much,its not been easyyyyy!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by JeSoul(f): 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2011
nuella2:

Christianity is the earth walk of the new creation, after a man get born again, GOD leaves him here to , reconcile men to him, fulfill his purpose and win in the midst of challenges through his word. How has your walk with God been? I believe Christians in this forum, has great testimonies to share. How they have triumphed in the face of challenging situations. Your story could just be what will make other Christians remain standing assured in Christ today.

My walk with God has being beautiful, my parents never went to church, so as a child a wondered from church to church. Until some group of Christians shared the gospel with me, wow! i got born again. Then trouble started, my father threatened to disown me, stop paying my fees and the persecution at home was terrible, but i stood my ground, i told him i rather drop out of school than stop going to church. Today everybody in my family is born again. God is faithful.

In my early years in the university, I almost got distracted as a met a very wealthy man, who before i could say a word, bought me a car. Wow! Promised to take me abroad and on and on. what a temptation, but have being taught that am a seed of Abraham, i own the world, i KNEW i was rich already been rich was beyond owing a car,i cld not accept the gift so returned the car, another round of persecution started. Friends and relatives mocked me, cos they felt i was brainwashed, they felt God sent the man as a blessing. Months later the man left that city without a word, cos the police was after him. Christ! What if i got involved with that man?

Brethren, in this walk we collide with challenging situations like David and Goliath, but God is always faithful. The first job i got, i was given an official car. There is no hurry is life, don’t take any short cuts, follow him step by step cos faithful is he that has called you.

Wow Nuella, fantastic story of perseverance in the face of adversity. May God direct your paths according to His never-ending faithfulness. And thanks for sharing that!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2011
udennaa:

family has long declared for God.personally,d distractions n pressures have been much,its not been easyyyyy!

It a matter of time my dear, remember you are more than a conqueror. Our God is a faithful God.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2011
JeSoul:

Wow Nuella, fantastic story of perseverance in the face of adversity. May God direct your paths according to His never-ending faithfulness. And thanks for sharing that!

You are welcome my honourable moderator. How has your walk with God been? Do you mind to share with us?
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Diligence: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2011
There is always room for improvement - My House & I - we shall serve the Lord our God and Him only shall we serve!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by ONWARDBABA: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2011
its The best thing to have just dont walk above Him or below Him hes ever faithful but men are either too fast or slow we all need GRACE
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by oludashmi(f): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2011
nuella2:

Christianity is the earth walk of the new creation, after a man get born again, GOD left him here to , reconcile men to him, fulfill his purpose and win in the midst of challenges through his word. How has your walk with God been? I believe Christians in this forum, has great testimonies to share. How they have triumphed in the face of challenging situations. Your story could just be what will make other Christians remain standing assured in Christ today.

My walk with God has being beautiful, my parents never went to church, so as a child a wondered from church to church. Until some group of Christians shared the gospel with me, wow! i got born again. Then trouble started, my father threatened to disown me, stop paying my fees and the persecution at home was terrible, but i stood my ground, i told him i rather drop out of school than stop going to church. Today everybody in my family is born again. God is faithful.

In my early years in the university, I almost got distracted as a met a very wealthy man, who before i could say a word, bought me a car. Wow! Promised to take me abroad and on and on. what a temptation, but have being taught that am a seed of Abraham, i own the world, i KNEW i was rich already been rich was beyond owing a car,i cld not accept the gift so returned the car, another round of persecution started. Friends and relatives mocked me, cos they felt i was brainwashed, they felt God sent the man as a blessing. Months later the man left that city without a word, cos the police was after him. Christ! What if i got involved with that man?

Brethren, in this walk we collide with challenging situations like David and Goliath, but God is always faithful. The first job i got, i was given an official car. There is no hurry is life, don’t take any short cuts, follow him step by step cos faithful is he that has called you.

Love your story. . .its inspiring
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by degubi(m): 11:56am On Jan 18, 2011
My walk with God cannot be summarized in just a few lines its being a lifetime of experience and i am still living it each day. But i would say that losing both parents at a tender age and seeing the way God's hand has carried us so far i give him the praise and would definitely take the journey with him if i have to do it all over again.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
God has been ever faithful despite my unfaithfulness. I wouldnt say i am a stunch born again per se but i try, cool God help me! Guess i was/is more like a moralist still yearning for that intimate connection with God to discover his purpose/calling for my life. I really wanna do much more for him!
Back then in school and even out of school job hunting few yrs back tho, i stood more on the side of morals and yes God rewarded me and has been rewarding me cos i did not compromise!
I just wanna do much more for him, his faithfulness brings tears to my eyes sometimes. Am not in eldorado yet but i know he is taking me somewhere, i bless your name Lord.It is good to only trust in d Lord and not in d arm of flesh
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by mysmoothie: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
I had to take a deep breath after reading other peoples accounts. For me, it has not been easy but God has been extremely faithful. i got born again in my secondary school and its been like a roller coaster really. having a heart to serve God and living in the world with the world. My initial university days - part one was a big challenge. Family idols trying to weigh me down. In all, i have held on strongly to Jesus who sometimes carried me because i couldn't even walk and sometimes am limping. I know for sure, God never left me.

To the outsider my life is beautiful, but its always been a fight to get all Christ promised me, and did i win the battles, YES I always come out victorious with a new lesson learnt. One thing is for sure, if not for God i will not be where i am and i will not be who i am and i will not be alive.

Christ has been so real to me, i could almost touch him sometimes beside me. i know He is there. I can't argue with an unbeliever because really some things are better experienced. I have experienced Christ, communed with the Holy Spirit and this is all i want to do; follow Christ all the days of my life because there is no other way to the father.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by apoti(m): 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
I just pray that God should help me undecided
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by rasputinn(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
That of constant learning and growth in grace
Thank God for being patient with me
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by mallorca(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
God is the greatest
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by ontle: 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ti ba ni ki nka ire oluwa, ile a shu, ile a mo! (Interpretation: God's goodness is immeasurable) His Grace has brought me thus far.
When I take a retrospective look on my life, my conclusion has always been: IT CAN ONLY BE GOD.
I thank God for the gift of salvation and growing up with Godly parents and siblings, especially for my mother.
She is a true mother in Isreal!

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by UyiIredia(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
my walk with God has its highs & lows (right now its at its lowest)  >>> but i'm still a believer the important thing is to keep the faith >>> i kind of visualize my faith as  a candle in the wind  wink
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by noetic16(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
Truly inspiring thread . . . . .pls share more.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by elms: 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
I can only summarize my own case with 'God Has been more faithful and gracious to me than i could have ever imagined'.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

my walk with God has its highs & lows (right now its at its lowest)  >>> but i'm still a believer the important thing is to keep the faith >>> i kind of visualize my faith as  a candle in the wind  wink

Ps 23:1-4

The LORD is my shepherd ; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
KJV

Just make-up your mind to finish the race my dear. It does not matter what comes against you, greater is he that is in you, always remember that.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
noetic16:

Truly inspiring thread . . . . .pls share more.

I will share more but wld really love to read, how your walk with God has been?
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by skydeexie(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
Christianity is the earth walk of the new creation, after a man get[b]s[/b] born again, GOD left him here to , reconcile men to him, fulfill his purpose and win in the midst of challenges through his word. How has your walk with God been? I believe Christians in this forum, has have great testimonies to share. How they have triumphed in the face of challenging situations. Your story could just be what will make other Christians remain standing assured in Christ today.

My walk with God has being been beautiful, my parents never went to church, so as a child a I wondered from church to church. Until some group of Christians shared the gospel with me, wow! i got born again. Then trouble started, my father threatened to disown me, stop paying my fees and the persecution at home was terrible, but i stood my ground, i told him i would rather drop out of school than stop going to church. Today everybody in my family is born again. God is faithful.

In my early years in the university, I almost got distracted as a I met a very wealthy man, who before i could say a word, bought me a car. Wow! Promised to take me abroad and on and on. what a temptation, but I have being been taught that am a seed of Abraham, i own the world, i KNEW i was rich already, been being rich was beyond owing owning a car, i cld not accept the gift so I returned the car, another round of persecution started. Friends and relatives mocked me, cos they felt i was brainwashed, they felt God sent the man as a blessing. Months later the man left that city without a word, cos the police was after him. Christ! What if i got involved with that man?

Brethren, in this walk we collide with challenging situations like David and Goliath, but God is always faithful. The first job i got, i was given an official car. There is no hurry is in life, don’t take any short cuts, follow him step by step cos faithful is he that has called you.

Good testimony, but on a lighter grin side do not murder the english language. I get easily teased off by the wrong use of grammer!

2 Timothy 3:10-17 (NKJV)

The Man of God and the Word of God

"10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by SmashingM(f): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
God has been so faithfull despite my shortcomings. When i look at my long delay in school, my yearnings for success, I can only say that I have an awesome God!!! He's been so faithful to me.

For those who from one reason or the other are still expecting something from God, dont loose hope for HE GOES BEFORE YOU ALWAYS!!!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by scud(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

My walk with God has been topsy-turvy. I have fallen many times but God did not forsake me. I got born again while I was in JS 2, backslided in JS 3 but God brought me back in higher school after like 7 years. To summarize all, like Peter, though I fall I never fail following my Lord- Jesus Christ. I thank him daily for the redemption and forgiveness of my sins (they were too heavy).
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by SmashingM(f): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
skydeexie:

Good testimony, but on a lighter grin side do not murder the english language. I get easily teased off by the wrong use of grammer!

"10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

And why worry about the spec in your friend's eyes when you have a log in your own. Matt. 7:3. The right word there is actually "pissed" instead of "teased" and  the spelling "grammar" instead of "grammer".
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
skydeexie:

Thanks for the corrections. Will modify the post later, i didnt preview the POST before sending it.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by UyiIredia(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ nuella >>> thanks >>> i'll keep it in mind
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

@ nuella >>> thanks >>> i'll keep it in mind

Take charge my friend. Takia.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by sayso: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mine not in a few sentence. It is a life time fellowship,I thank him for the grace to follow the right part.I,Wife and kids will continue to praise and worship him for that is our purpose in this life. ECCLESIASTES 12:13-1

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
God is good, all the time
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by pinkylady1(f): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
uhm, mine has not been easy oh considering the kind of family i come from, i sometimes wonder why i have to go thru all this life challenges at a young age, and the spirit of God in me tells me that its because i have a bright future. endurance, patience and walking right with God this are the ways i can really scale thru.

i thank God for how he led me this far and where he is taking me to for i definately know that if not for him it would have been a different story entirely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Staying In God's Rest In or out of trouble / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.