Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Html/xhtml For Beginners - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Html/xhtml For Beginners (1418 Views)

Wapmasters Learn How To Create A Php Site Through Xhtml / Psd To Xhtml/css,wordpress,joomla And Others / When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Html/xhtml For Beginners by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
Nairaland is getting boring by the day especially the webmaster section. The purpose of this section is for web professionals to make the web experience for newbies a smooth sail. The only things we see this days is adverts upon adverts. I think if things  continue this way them it's better to change the name of this section to "advert". Most people are guilty of this including my humble self. Anyways i want to bring back life to this section by teaching the basics of HTML from my own perspective.

This is the first in the web tutorials i will be conducting on Nairaland. I will handle topics such as CSS, XML, Javascript, PHP, SQL and in the future we'll move over to core programming languages like Java, .NET, C, C# etc.

Firstly if you're willing to learn just show ineterest and i will continue.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by thweraja10: 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2011
Ok im a beginner what any news
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by utimatedes(m): 12:12am On Jan 18, 2011
@ the poster, can you handle all this? do you have full knowledge of all the languages and scripts you mention here?
Or you want to copy and and paste from ebooks?

Because if you tell me that you have sound knowledge on all the languages you mention here, I say you are telling big lies.

Well it is a good idea to pass useful information for other to benefit.

You need to have genuine intention if you really want to help.

You are welcome! Get started, lets enjoy!
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by phreakabit(m): 12:30am On Jan 18, 2011
@utimatedes

You are one sure bitter and negative individual. This is the second thread you have given a negative review. I dont need this tutorial,as I am already advanced in this field. But I think you should at least encourage him, for offering to help people and stop being a bi#ch.

@ OP
Good Job. Keep doing what you do.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by ogzille(m): 5:53am On Jan 18, 2011
@ultimatedes, give me the permission to abuse you ***permission granted***

Are u this dull? what makes you think that one cannot know them well. Do you think everybody is as dull as you are?

I am not saying he does know it all but your assumption is absolutely wrong.

Please do not expose your lack knowledge by posting trash next time
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Afam4eva(m): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2011
utimatedes:

@ the poster, can you handle all this? do you have full knowledge of all the languages and scripts you mention here?

Because if you tell me that you have sound knowledge on all the languages you mention here, I say you are telling big lies.

This has to be the most ignorant post i've come across this year. Keep it up.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2011
Afam please cary on jare. Does not matter if you copy from books or wherever. Them no born anyone of us with codes. The most important thing is answering questions and being interactive. You ave my support.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by deco2come: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
utimatedes:

Are you for real? Tell me that you are kidding? You seem to underestimate the power of your brain. People are making more than 1000dollars within three days on www.freelancer.com because they know more than 15 programming languages/software and you are here doubting someone that know less than 10.

Even if he copy everything from textbook does it matter? You have to focus on the end result rather than the source. Believe in the power of your brain and your riches will have no limit.

I guess the founder of facebook new only one language before he created the website in one night. " One Night!!!!!!!" and don't forget that he was drunk on that night.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by utimatedes(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
THEY SAID U KILL BY THE SWORD SHALL SURELY DIE BY THE SWORD!
Abuse welcome and accepted.

@ogzille and Afam: I still maintain my stand, if you say you know someone with sound knowledge of  CSS, XML, Javascript, PHP, SQL and core programming languages like Java, .NET, C, C# etc, that means such person might have been writing code for almost 50year.

else, you are a big lier

If not, such person is jack of all trades and master of none.

Those languages are too wide for one to know all and be proficience.

That is why we can move forward because we are everything, manager to the floor man.

Google, Facebook, Adobe, CNN, etc are made up of coders in different area

If am telling lies, then prove me wrong?
else, ?

@DHTML- I was expecting you to hit me, What happen?
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by deco2come: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
I got your point. Knowing a program doesn't mean that the person knows all the API, Classes, Functions, e.t.c off head.

A professional programmer might not know everything off head, but he knows that such a function exist and can retrieve an information he needed within some seconds. But I still don't doubt that someone can know everything off head.

Haven't you heard about the ancient General who knows all his soldiers(more than five thousand men) off head or the university teacher that always takes a roll call of his students( more than 1000students) without his registry. He still maintain the record of when a student miss a class.

I might have read those in a book but the one I can testify is during my high school. There was this guy in my class, that has the ability of telling you the page of any topic you mention in each of the subjects( 9 subjects ). You need to see his WAEC to believe.

I believe you know pastors that have the ability of quoting the whole bible verse.

My guy, there are things that seem hard to believe, but don't forget that nothing is impossible to him that believe.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am good in over 10 programming languages (that i am confident in) - but i have knowlege of over 15 (but not proficient in all those). However, on this board, i focus on web development most of the time.
The thing is that, some languages are very similar - for instance, if you are good in javascript, then flash actionscript 2/3 becomes very easy.
Then some language rules are similar like java and c++. Many languages are similar. That is how it works.

But what makes one a good programmer is not really about the knowlege of the languages, it is your ability to think and bring out results.
So it follows that if you have good programming techniques, and you learn any languages, you will get proficient at it.

However, a lousy programmer will always remain lousy, even if a new programming language comes out. Because everything is about technique.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
The first time i ever coded PHP, then i could use PERL (Practical Extraction and Report Language) very well - that oldskul cgi-bin stuff.
Then someone that just learnt php was working on a project and ran into problems. . . . .then i had to debug it, i just studied the code
and notice something that looked like a syntax error and fixed it.
Then i was thinking, if i can debug this lang that i have not even learnt. . . .then i learnt it, and discovered it was easier than perl.

Then since i am very good at visual basic 6 and php, i decided to learn asp - and i did. . . .

After learning c well, i upgraded to c++, visual c++. . . . . .

Something like that. . . .learning is a continuous thing. . . .
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 19, 2011
Enough of all this argument.

@utimatedes

which programming language did you know, instead all this critics, why not let him start something, you self surpose bring out your pen and book and start learning.

guys ride on, let's share our ideas together, let's start something. I am just learning c++
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 19, 2011
Meanwhile, i dont like all this thread distraction. Afam please continue your tutorial. omnipotens, please help clean up all these distractions.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by instinctg(m): 8:32am On Jan 19, 2011
Now to business, regarding CSS, what are your suggestions regarding the use Negative Margins to position elements?
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by bug24(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2011
una don turn this useful thread to combat zone.
instinctg:

Now to business, regarding CSS, what are your suggestions regarding the use Negative Margins to position elements?

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that. i use it sometimes meself. if its wrong, lemme know.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by yawatide(f): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2011
when will the crappy talk end and the lessons start?

Someone asked somewhere, sometime ago, why this section of NL is boring as hell. The off topic banter on this thread is a typical example why. though it might be amusing to newbies and new members, it turns off the old timers and serious ones amongst us.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by utimatedes(m): 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
I didn't know my comment will generate such distraction. I started the distracted comment, and I want such distraction to end right now!

Please let no one post comment that is not relevant to the topic.

Afam, please carry on and if there is any need to contribute positively, I won't hesitate to do that.

[size=25pt]CASE CLOSED![/size]

Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2011
Ok i'm back. For the purpose of this tutorial i will be using HTML for dummies. I chose this book because it's easier for newbies to understand. if you need it just drop your email and i will send it to you.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by bug24(m): 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2011
ok, lemme have it, could come in handy someday

judokah2002 at yahu don't CUM lol
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
Maestero, what version of HTML are we going to be using? And is it better to use HTML or DreamWeaver?
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Seton(m): 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
my mail as well drop it in for seton1812 at yahoo dot com. There is something new to learn in every thing. Thanks
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by collinsoft(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
forward to my box collinsoft2000@yahoo.com
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2011
@afam4eva. Please i urgently need tutorials on html and CSS, I will be the happiest person in the world if you can send them to my inbox
lokoyizone2@gmail.com.

thanks very much.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Afam4eva(m): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2011
I'm sorry guys that i've not started the tutorial. It's because i was banned twice for posting tutorials. I don't know when it became wrong to pass information on this forum. nairaland tire me sef. For the e-books i'm sending them right away.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 22, 2011
I beg send it to lekstan at yahoo . com
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by utimatedes(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2011
That is Nairaland for you!
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2011
@afam, you have been banned only twice? i have been baaaaaannnneed too much times to count. i don stop to dey post tutorials.
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by tunnypop(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2011
Pls send me tutorials on CSS, XML, Javascript, PHP, SQL, C. my emeil is tunnypop@yahoo.com
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by kess1(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2011
@afam4eva, pls, i need the tutorials on HTML For Dummies. This is my email: kessonlinebiz@yahoo.com. Thanks 4 wanting 2 share ur knowledge. God bless. smiley
Re: Html/xhtml For Beginners by kess1(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2011
@afam4eva, pls, i need the tutorials on HTML For Dummies. This is my email: kessonlinebiz@yahoo.com. Thanks 4 wanting 2 share ur knowledge. God bless. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Browse Free On Your Laptop And Desktop Computer / Do You Need A Website? / No Comment On My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.