Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model (2123 Views)

10 Annoying Questions On Natural Hair Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Why Do People Say I Look Like A Model / What's The Difference Between A Model And Supermodel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by rechal: 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2006
most all d galz be a model ,even my grand mum wants 2 be shocked.and am not suprised at all because they have turn modeling into a monkey affair angry
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2006
the most annoying thing about being a model is rejection. dang! it hurts so bad to walk way from and audition n they promise to call you n u wait for a month wit' no calls. some even tell u right in the face. "u aint good enough we r looking for someone who can sell" or u see another model gettin" a contract because she's white or because she's got bigger assets. it's so frustratin"  well the modelling world is tough if u want to get in be prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it'll drive u nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i know someday i'll walk my way up to the TOP yes i will
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by hotangel2(f): 2:21am On Jan 27, 2006
Is this a question, or are you telling us the most annoying this?

The most annoying thing abt being a model is -- i dunno, cos i ain't a model.
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by WesleyanA(f): 2:33am On Jan 27, 2006
i don't know the most annoying thing about being a model. .. .. . but i can tell you the most annoying thing about models.
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 2:40am On Jan 27, 2006
WesleyanA:

i don't know the most annoying thing about being a model. .. .. . but i can tell you the most annoying thing about models.
cheesy cheesy

so wat is the most annoying thing about models?
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by WesleyanA(f): 2:59am On Jan 27, 2006
they aren't the real things.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy .they're just models of the real things.
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 3:00am On Jan 27, 2006
WesleyanA:

they aren't the real things. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy .they're just models of the real things.

i still cannot get ur point. how are they not real??
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by WesleyanA(f): 3:04am On Jan 27, 2006
when something's modeling another thing, it's not the thing. It's only representing the thing.
i'm confusing you, not? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by hotangel2(f): 3:06am On Jan 27, 2006
That's actually true. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2006
Posted by: WesleyanA 
Insert Quote
when something's modeling another thing, it's not the thing. It's only representing the thing.
i'm confusing you, not?   

[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]ok i get what you're sayin" but what about nude models? what other thing r they modellin" in? skin?
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by hotangel2(f): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2006
The are modeling unclothedness. cheesy
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2006
hot-angel:

The are modeling unclothedness. cheesy

so r u saying the unclothedness is not real?
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by WesleyanA(f): 12:08am On Jan 31, 2006
ok i get what you're sayin" but what about nude models? what other thing r they modellin" in? skin?

I don't get what you are saying.

Models help to advertize/represent stuff. but they're only modelling/representing it. they're not IT.
what would a nude model be modelling/representing?
sex, Indecency e.t.c undecided sometimes fragrances (even though i think going nude is way overboard in this instance).
but still.. . .
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by hotangel2(f): 12:16am On Jan 31, 2006
tamia:

so r u saying the unclothedness is not real?

The way they do it is not real... infact.. u n wesley should continue. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 2:41am On Jan 31, 2006
to whom it may concern!!!!!!!! the nudity is their body!!!!!!!!!!! wat way is it done dat it doesn't look real?
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by laquida: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2006
Firstly the most annoying thing  about being a model. is that you have to have the same looks all the time..which is you hair body size has to look the same it was in your portfolio when you show up for casting or go see.
Secordly it can really destroy your self eslteem.
Lastly you cant do it for ever, there is always a young face coming behind you to replace you.
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by WesleyanA(f): 1:31am On Feb 02, 2006
tamia:

to whom it may concern!!!!!!!! the nudity is their body!!!!!!!!!!! what way is it done that it doesn't look real?

"is that you have to have the same looks all the time..which is you hair body size has to look the same it was in your portfolio when you show up for casting or go see."

does that answer a part of your question? cheesy what's wrong w/ being yourself? why fake your look and have "same looks all the time" cheesy

second of all, 90% of models need to spend a little more money on groceries/food and a little less money on clothings/jewelry. they're starving!

why model a shirt that doesn't fit 70% of the interested buyers? Isn't that fake to you?

just like dipping a badly stained shirt into some liquid mixture and bringing out a sparkling white shirt few seconds later for some detergent commercial.
that crap's just fake to me. undecided

back to your question. people don't walk about in the streets naked in the real world (at least i haven't heard of that yet). so why model unclothedness? if your doing it to advertize Indecency, then that's understandable but otherwise, it's just plain blah fake unreality.. . what's the point of it?

not all models though. just 90% are annoying cheesy (j/k).
if your a model, your part of the 10% just for being Tamia kiss kiss
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by tamia(f): 1:33am On Feb 02, 2006
aaawwww dats sweet but gurl i hope u not flatterin" me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by eveseh(f): 4:05pm On May 08, 2006
u have to wear anything they gave u to wear
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by dahmee(f): 3:55am On Apr 22, 2009
angry annoyingly nuff i registered in feb nd my agent is tellin me to chill till d end of april 4 me to get a job! Y dint he tell me this b4 registering Ehn? Had other offers
Re: The Most Annoying Thing About Being A Model by FBS: 7:10am On Apr 22, 2009
sometimes I wonder if modelling is actually a profession?
do you need to study for that? Beauty is God given aint it?
Well, you can say charisma is needed but very few "models" have this. No?

(1) (Reply)

Gay Men Now Wear Wedding Gowns (photo) / Kim Kardashian West Bares It All In New Photos / 2017 Ankara Styles From Mama Africa's Wardrobe - Yemi Alade Top 20 Native Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.