Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out (868 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/9365122.stm
[td]Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi says he is relishing the chance of winning his first Nigeria cap.
Ameobi, 29, who has played for England Under-21s, has been called up for a friendly against Guatemala next month.
Meanwhile, Wigan Athletic's England under-21 star Victor Moses has also been named in the squad.
Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia said Moses was "proud" to be given a chance, but his club told the BBC they had not been notified of his call-up.
Ameobi was born in Zaria, northern Nigeria, before moving to England with his parents at the age of five and was first called-up by the national team 10 years ago - a call he turned down.
"Although it was a tough decision back then it was obviously the best one for my career," he said.
"I had only just got started for my club, I needed to establish myself at club level and so much travelling would cost me that progressive start I deeply craved."

Victor Moses has already represented England Under-21s
But the 29-year-old Ameobi met Nigeria coach Samson Siasia this month and decided the time was right to make the switch.
"It's the first time since 2001 that I finally met anyone from Nigeria concerning the national team," he told the BBC.
"The coach was absolutely brilliant with his plans and ideas from grassroots to the national teams - I didn't think twice about finally returning home."
The friendly against Guatemala will be played in the United States on 9 February but it still unclear whether Moses will also be in the Nigeria line-up.
Coach Siasia told the BBC he met Moses, who was "proud to be given a chance" by Nigeria, but the player is still recovering from injury.
His manager at Wigan Athletic, Roberto Martinez, recently said the player must consider his options carefully.
"Nowadays, when you represent your country you need to give up a lot of time and make a lot of commitments in a busy schedule," Martinez said.
"Only the player can make that decision - he really needs to play for the nation that he feels is his nation."[/td]

GOOD STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by mensdept: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
I'm glad that under-qualified players like Yakubu and Keita can't hook and crook their way to play for a serious coach like Siasia. I simply hope the game against the Central Americans will actually hold, and that we can begin now with scheduling stronger opponents to play for goodness sake.
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by 12large1: 7:00am On Jan 19, 2011
you are a big clown if u accept nigeria callin ameobi
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2011
so u are happy that a country of 140 milla is going for shola,a carlton cole lokealike who barely scores for newcastle? what will victor moses do that our players cant, odejayi scored a carlings cup goal u guys clamoured for his invitation,where is he now? go to the nationwide lge and conference in uk there are many nigerian pretenders who will play guatamela and score,what will u do if u are pegged wwith spain , brazil , germany later,

eat ur hearts out! siasia should just remember that this is not youth touney where he played men against real under 20, now we go see him yansh well well
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
Ameobi is a good player.
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by asha2: 4:38am On Jan 20, 2011
Ibime:

Ameobi is a good player.

shocked shocked men our standards for good players in naija must have gone really down.
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by Gekko(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2011
Guys calm down and reserve your frustrations till Siasia fields a team, we don't know who is going to be leading our line yet . I don't mind having an experienced player like Shola training with our home based players, there are positives from this.
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by Ibime(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
Ameobi is a good hold up player with a neat touch. I've always rated him but thought he is too shy to dominate games. I still remember how Ameobi and Lomana LuaLua single handedly put Barcelona to the sword in UCL a few years back.

It would be a long time since Nigeria had any striker with the attributes of Ameobi, someone who's good in the air, neat on the floor and can hold the ball up.

With Emenike, Ameobi and Anichebe, I think we are set for the next 4 years.

If we can bring in the likes of Alaba and Onuoha, even better.
Re: All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out by ow11(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2011
^^^^

Alaba is gone (Has 5 caps for Austria). I always thought Anichebe would hold up better for Odemwengie or Uche Kalu to feed off. I think we need a RB, CM and CB to make our team thick

Onuoha should come in here and forget the three lions. The RB and CM positions are really weak and NPL style of footie doesn't encourage 'development' of the type of CM we need. The ball is in the air or wings 85% of the time angry

(1) (Reply)

Cote Iviore International Players Vs Zambia Local Players / Naija Got Talent: Nonsense!!! / "Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.