Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (7477 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is now married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by doyin13(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2007
[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk.nyud.net:8090/media/images/43014000/jpg/_43014575_chimimanda.jpg[/img]

I saw her on the BBC and fell in love.

Such a nice diction.

Such a turn on.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by SMC(f): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2007
doyin13:

Such a nice diction.
Such a turn on.

Now don't you go getting your knickers in a twist mate. tongue
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by jesusfreak(f): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2007
@ topic

em , u mean now that she's won a huge sum of money grin
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Kubed2klin(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2007
Indeed you are a true Nigerian. U no get crush when she publish Purple Hibiscus. You no get crush when she publish Half of a Yellow Sun. Na now wey she win Award. Or the stolen Handbag dey with you? Maybe you emptied it and found something thats making you get crushed. Abi as the prof. in America said she should write on somethig unfamiliar, she has decided to write on the Juju of Eastern Nigeria, and maybe how it played its part in the Civil War.

But guy, please hold it. No long thing. Wait after the euphoria of the award wanes then see if you still are crushed.

Before then, get busy and earn some money,
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Orikinla(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2007
doyin13:

Such a nice diction.

Such a turn on.

Shay Adedoyin abi Oladoyin lo nje?

You are welcome to have a crush on Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
Why not create a fansite to show how much you love her?

Someone even thinks she is the Britney Spears of African literature. But Miss. Adichie is not that common.

Let us celebrate her genius.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Greycells(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2007
doyin13:

Such a nice diction.

Such a turn on.

@Doyin13

U go tey there, no go yearn this for Idumota oh! them go shout thief for ya head grin
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by BlackMamba(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2007
Feel free to jerk off starring at her picture. She's worth it.
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by tasiana(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2007
Dream dear,some wishes do come true.hahahahahahahahah smiley
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by WesleyanA(f): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2007
doyin13:

Such a nice diction.

Such a turn on.

I'm in love with her too.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

maybe we can both fight over her

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by obong(m): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2007
Abi as the prof. in America said she should write on somethig unfamiliar, she has decided to write on the Juju of Eastern Nigeria, and maybe how it played its part in the Civil War

has she decided to write on juju in the eastern part of naija?
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by BlackMamba(m): 3:14am On Jul 10, 2007
obong:
Abi as the prof. in America said she should write on something unfamiliar, she has decided to write on the Juju of Eastern Nigeria, and maybe how it played its part in the Civil War.
Has she decided to write on juju in the eastern part of naija?

What are you talking about Canine-delicacy lover?
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2007
here come the nigerian groupies. . .(sigh)
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by desgiezd(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2007
She's not just beautiful physically, she's sound upstairs as well. A pride of the nation.
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Oracle(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2007
That is what we call Beauty and Brains.

Don4c:

All these guys that have crush, the babe is still single o, at least its not late yet for a brother to make a move,

And only the violent shall take it by force

I totally agree with you Don
The girl is seriously beautiful

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by mimiko(f): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
Dream on!
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by samboribo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2007
she's brainy and all. but saying she is seriously beautiful sounds way too pushed to me. in terms of physical beauty, she's stands in the middle.
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by SMC(f): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2007
samboribo:

she's brainy and all. but saying she is seriously beautiful sounds way too pushed to me. in terms of physical beauty, she's stands in the middle.

I tire o. She ain't bad looking [s]and she ain't goodlooking either[/s]. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by mystikal(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2007
when i 1st read her "purple Hibiscus", i loved her already
she writes intelligently

whats her age again?
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ladykay(f): 12:46am On Jul 11, 2007
30 years old
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Ifeniyi22(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2007
@doyin13
why dont you just find a way to send her a letter or an e-mail telling her how you feel about her.you never can tell,she might be the chosen one grin
On second thoughts, a crush doesnt necessarily last or translate into love, let the poor woman be.

meanwhile she is beautiful nothing out of the ordinarily
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by finemocha(f): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2007
isnt that teh chick that won like a nobel prize, oh boy u get good taste oh, that girl is freaking smart, and talented
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Ndipe(m): 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2007
She won the Orange Prize fiction award, not the Nobel prize.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by drchic(f): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2007
Have you by any chance bothered to read any of her books?
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by doyin13(m): 5:47am On Jul 14, 2007
As well as her books, I have also read the poems and short stories on her website.

If I were to go on Mastermind, my topic would be Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Life and Work.

I tell you I have got it bad.

embarassed
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 14, 2007
i wouldnt have a crush on her if i were you doyin13. Imagine having to endure all day talking only about phonetics, books, awards e.t.c. You think she'll have time for grandslam tennis? grin
I'd rather have a regular woman who is at least much more beautiful and has more to offer than being a famous writer. Sometimes i think such achievements are over-rated. Gimme the average woman anyday, we can fight over remote controls and laugh over how we murder English language! That's way more fun than a purple hibiscus.

What am i going to do with half of a yellow sun?

1 Like

Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2007
where is cnn, they did not see dis one. foolish things grin
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by WesleyanA(f): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2007
davidylan:

i wouldnt have a crush on her if i were you doyin13. Imagine having to endure all day talking only about phonetics, books, awards e.t.c. You think she'll have time for grandslam tennis? grin
I'd rather have a regular woman who is at least much more beautiful and has more to offer than being a famous writer. Sometimes i think such achievements are over-rated. [b]Gimme the average woman anyday, we can fight over remote controls [/b]and laugh over how we murder English language! That's way more fun than a purple hibiscus.

spoken like a true anti-feminist. grin

but then again, you are not (and will never be) doyin13 or any of these distinguished men on here. wink

ThoniaSlim:

where is cnn, they did not see this one. foolish things grin

I think she was on bbc sometime ago. I can't stand cnn sometimes either
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by tollu: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2007
@doyin 13, Chimamanda's my great grandmother's brother's cousin's sister's friend. I could hook u guys up tongue tongue tongue.

davidylan:

I'd rather have a regular woman who is at least much more beautiful and has more to offer than being a famous writer. Sometimes i think such achievements are over-rated. Gimme the average woman anyday, we can fight over remote controls and laugh over how we murder English language! That's way more fun than a purple hibiscus.

Here's a man after my own heart. What's to be done with half of a yellow sun indeed! We can do all that u mentioned and more, eat indian and chinesse food, with all the garlic and other unmentionable spices, fart in each otha's faces grin grin, drink gallons and gallons of beer (other types of alcohol included) and gist about all the bad belle we have for celebrities. smiley You need more than an average woman sha o!
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

spoken like a true anti-feminist. grin

but then again, you are not (and will never be) doyin13 or any of these distinguished men on here. wink

who cares what a child thinks? grin
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by WesleyanA(f): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2007
davidylan:

who cares what a child thinks? grin

what you meant to say was "who cares what a woman think" but the rules of PC restricted you? cool
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by nguage(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2007
daydream, i fell asleep beneath the flowers( purple hibiscus ) grin
for a couple of hours,
what a beautiful day. . .
Re: I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

what you meant to say was "who cares what a woman think" but the rules of PC restricted you? cool

you do have ideas outside your station eh.  grin Who made you a woman? Crawl back into that your study and go read some encyclopedias you naughty pikin! Are you on computer break already?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of What You Eat- A Short Story By Avatarmode / Where Can I Download Books From The African Writers Series? / The Forever In 365...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.