Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,288 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Phd In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Phd In Nigeria (2863 Views)

Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / Some Important Tips Needed To Survive A PhD / Cfa Or Phd In Finance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phd In Nigeria by zeelah: 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hello everyone,
I am finding difficult getting a good job so I have decided to put in for PhD.Can anyone in the house tell me the basic things I need to know about PhD in Nigerian University. Though am thinking of getting a form from UNILAG. THANKS PEEPS.
Re: Phd In Nigeria by femeritus: 4:16am On Jan 19, 2011
Be more specific about what you need to know about the prog. Is it the admission process/requirement, fees or your chances after the prog?
Re: Phd In Nigeria by zeelah: 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2011
The duration, course content and the number of years. And which University is for the program? Thanks
Re: Phd In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2011
Do you already have Msc or Mphil?
Re: Phd In Nigeria by kvolander: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2011
I'm about doing this too but unfortunately, if a good job comes my way,I'll either turn it to a part-time study or drop it.

@poster,

You need to start by initiating a contact with one of the professors in your school of choice. But like Ajanlekoko said, hope you've got MSc.

Good luck to you.
Re: Phd In Nigeria by dipotech: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
of course i believe he must have got his M. SC before agree to put in for PhD
Re: Phd In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2011
Check the uni's website

Na wa o we now require a PhD to get work in nigeria, oyinbo sef go fear fear
Re: Phd In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2011
Dis Guy:

Check the uni's website

Na wa o we now require a PhD to get work in nigeria, oyinbo sef go fear fear

That one na lie oh.
Masters degree is too much for most jobs in Nigeria.
I guess the OP is doing this for lack of something do. Maybe he wants to go into teaching.
Re: Phd In Nigeria by DisGuy: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2011
I fear o
I've just checked the OP, seems she wants something to do
Zeelah, with your Msc you can get a job in many universities or private schools even
Re: Phd In Nigeria by kvolander: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Dis guy and Ajanlekoko,

Hope you guys know say 'na condition make crayfish'.

BTW,
Please, do you guys know of how I can get a lecturing position with my MSc in any of the UNI without advertisement?
Re: Phd In Nigeria by zeelah: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Dis Guy,
Thanks so much u re so vigilant that's good, but if u can be of help I would not mind a lecturing job in any the Universities. I will be glad to hear from u. Here is my e mail addy, jokeganiyu@gmail.com. Thanks .

@Ajanlekoko and Kvolander, thanks so much for your sweet word of encouragement, if help can come from you guys I wont mind too. Cheers.
Re: Phd In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Cabin Crew Course / Credit Risk Management Professional Course and Certification / Federal Fire Service Conpass 08 Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.