Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74109 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by yomideola: 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
God bless you richly,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
Little Children
December 6, 2011

"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:2-3).

Many adult Christians have the mistaken notion that little children are too young to understand the gospel and so should not be allowed to decide for Christ until they are much older. The problem, however, is not the children; it is the adults who find it hard to understand! They must become like little children before they can really comprehend the way of salvation and be converted. Jesus said, "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. . . . Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein" (Luke 18:16-17).

After all, what is there to understand? A very young child, instructed in the Scriptures from infancy as God has commanded his parents (note 2 Timothy 3:15, which uses the Greek word for "baby" as the state in which young Timothy began to know the Bible), can surely comprehend that the God to whom his parents pray made him, that he has sinned against God when he does wrong, that God sent His Son, Jesus, to die for his sins, and that Jesus can save him and take him to heaven. An adult may require much explanation and may imagine many difficulties, but a child will simply believe--and that's enough!

The word for "little child" or "little children" actually means children who are not much more than toddlers.  It is the same word rendered "young child" when the wise men came to find Jesus in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:8, etc.). Little children should, by all means, be taught the gospel, and should be encouraged to come to Christ before they grow too old to understand with their hearts! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2011
+ The way of the world is to "think and think and think" [reason - based on past experience] as they seek a solution to any given problem. But the way of My Kingdom is for one to "abide" in Me [My Word and My Wisdom] - and, thus, spontaneously gain a "revelation" of the perfect solution [Wisdom] in any given situation or circumstance.

, "My son, if you will receive my words and treasure my commandments within you, make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding; For if you cry for discernment, lift your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures; THEN you will discern the fear of the LORD and discover the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity and every good course. For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul", Proverbs 2:1-10 NASB

, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight", Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
Morning Prayer
December 7, 2011

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee" (Psalm 143:cool.

This is a beautiful and meaningful prayer with which to start the day, and one which God must delight to answer.  It is very simple, with two requests and two declarations, yet it can reach the very heart of God.

Because we trust implicitly in His Word, we hear Him speak through it, as we read it at the beginning of the day. And as we hear Him speak, we rejoice again in His lovingkindness, especially in saving our souls and guiding our ways.

Then we are emboldened once again to lift up our very souls to Him (not just our voices!) and ask Him for clear guidance in the way in which we should walk today.

The psalmist also prays, and so should we: "Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness" (Psalm 143:10).  God will "cause |us| to know the way wherein |we| should walk" by the Holy Spirit, if we sincerely desire to know and to follow His will, and to be led in the paths of righteousness.  He will never lead us, of course, in any path contrary to His revealed Word. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105).

But when He is given all priority in our lives, when we love and study and obey His Word, and when we sincerely call on Him for daily guidance in His will, He will surely answer.  "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:6).  "This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him" (1 John 5:14-15). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:35am On Dec 08, 2011
TRUE CHRISTIANITY WILL COST A MAN HIS SINS.

He must be willing to give up every habit and practice which is wrong in God’s sight. He must set his face against it, quarrel with it, break off from it, fight with it, crucify it and labor to keep it under, whatever the world around him may say or think. He must do this honestly and fairly. There must be no separate truce with any special sin which he loves. He must count all sins as his deadly enemies and hate every false way. Whether little or great, whether open or secret, all his sins must be thoroughly renounced. They may struggle hard with him every day and sometimes almost get the mastery over him. But he must never give way to them. He must keep up a perpetual war with his sins. It is written
, "Cast away from you all your transgressions." "Break off your sins . . . and iniquities." "Cease to do evil" (Ezek. 18:31; Dan. 4:27; Isa. 1:16).

This sounds hard. I do not wonder. Our sins are often as dear to us as our children: we love them, hug them, cleave to them and delight in them. To part with them is as hard as cutting off a right hand or plucking out a right eye. But it must be done. The parting must come. "Though wickedness be sweet in the sinner’s mouth, though he hide it under his tongue; though he spare it, and forsake it not," yet it must be given up, if he wishes to be saved (Job 20:12, 13). He and sin must quarrel if he and God are to be friends. Christ is willing to receive any sinners. But He will not receive them if they will stick to their sins.

"whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
Which of you, intending to build a tower, does not down first sit down and count the cost?" - Jesus Christ (Luke 14:28).

"Cast away from you all your transgressions." "Break off your sins . . . and iniquities." "Cease to do evil" (Ezek. 18:31; Dan. 4:27; Isa. 1:16).

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
Naming Names
December 8, 2011

"Their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some" (2 Timothy 2:17-18).

Many Christians decry the citing of actual names of those Christian leaders who teach heretical doctrines, saying that such an act is "unloving." Paul, however, considered it an important evidence of true love to warn against those who would "overthrow the faith of some," realising that generalities would be useless.

Not only did Hymenaeus and Philetus make Paul's list, but so did Demas (2 Timothy 4:10), Alexander the coppersmith (2 Timothy 4:14), the Cretians (Titus 1:12), another Alexander (1 Timothy 1:20), and even Peter (Galatians 2:11-14) when he began to teach legalism. Likewise, the apostle John warned against Diotrephes (3 John 9) and the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6).

On the other hand, Paul was much more generous with name recognition when he was giving out commendations (e.g., Romans 16:1-15; Colossians 4:7-17). We undoubtedly need to follow his example in appreciating by name those who are faithful in teaching and living the truth.

Likewise, we need to be ready and willing to name those individuals, churches, schools, and other organizations that are denying biblical inerrant authority, compromising the doctrine of special creation, requiring humanistic works for salvation, or bringing in other heretical doctrines. We obviously need to be sure of our facts when we do this and also to bring such charges only if motivated by genuine concern for those apt to be led astray if we don't speak out. But then we must, indeed, "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Romans 16:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2011
December 7, 2011: Letter from FATHER GOD - Given to Sabrina:

To MY dear children:

I love you MY children, I love all MY children in this world.  You are all created in MY Image and with your own freewill.

That “will” you can use you for or against ME, for or against MY SON, your SAVIOUR and MESSIAH.  HE has brought the complete, perfect SACRIFICE on the rough wooden cross of Calvary, where you love to sing about so much.

This was the SACRIFICE of MY SON.  As I already said, you have your own free choice. Unfortunately many of MY creatures choose against ME.  They let their own freewill dominate over that of MY SPIRIT.

MY SPIRIT is sent to lead you in MY Ways and to bring you to ME, to the FATHER’S HEART of your GOD.   I am your FATHER.  I am your KING.  I am your ALL.

I don’t want to see anybody lost, but I have put MY Standard in MY Word, MY Holy Standard, namely, the basic concepts to come to your GOD with a repentant heart.  MY Word says that anyone who comes with a repentant heart and asks forgiveness of sins, they shall also receive this, he or she shall be granted forgiveness.

But I see many not even do this.  How then can you require that I will let you in into MY Kingdom?  How then can you proclaim that you are Christians…that you are born again children of the MOST HIGH?

This is something not possible in MY Eyes, MY beloved.  I don’t want to see anyone lost. Yet hell is filled daily with thousands of souls and even more.  But MY Kingdom remains empty.  How pathetic and sad.

So few enter MY Kingdom because they proclaim to be Christians, but actually are not.  And they know this also. Complete surrender is surrender all in soul, spirit and body to your GOD.

I am a righteous GOD and therefore I also judge fair. If someone confesses ME as his or her GOD, as his or her SAVIOR, then they are saved.  I and MY SON are one, although HE has brought the perfect SACRIFICE.  So if you believe in HIS NAME and SACRIFICE and ask forgiveness with a repentant heart, you are saved.

But then the road only begins. Then it is about to keep walking in MY Roads and Regulations. I judge everyone very fair.  I am no respecter of persons.  I love everybody, as everyone are MY children, which I created and made.

BUT ,  To whom much is given, much is required.  Who grows IN ME, in truth and knowledge, will also be accountable for this.  For every word you speak you will be accountable. For every action you do, you will be accountable.

Therefore it is so important to come DAILY under the protection and washing of the BLOOD of MY SON, DAILY MY beloved, daily.  Let yourselves be washed clean, after confessing your sins.  Come to ME with a repentant open heart

Let yourselves not be stopped by various situations or circumstances.  Do not give the devil the chance to come near you.  Give him not the chance.  Many do not know how to keep the enemy at bay.  It is however in MY Word: Ephesians 6: The Spiritual Armor, very important.

Do this daily, clothe yourselves with this garment, protect yourselves with the BLOOD of MY SON, come to ME with a repentant heart,   Ask forgiveness for your sins, consciously and unconsciously, pray the prayer as MY SON taught you in MY Word,

So many things can you get out of MY Word and you do not use it.  How then can you be protected against the enemy?  This is the most important part of the day.  This should be your first prayer, after having asked forgiveness of your sins, after the washing away of your sins.

Did you not read yet that you do not have to struggle against worldly powers, but against spiritual forces of darkness in this world?  How do you think to survive in your soul and spirit, if you do not yet know now how to do this, if you give the enemy plenty of chance and opportunity to come into your soul and spirit and body?  While MY Word offers the solution: The Spiritual Armor.

The times will not improve, on the contrary.  MY enemy is present everywhere, so clothe yourselves with MY Armor, so that you may prosper in soul, spirit, and body.

So that there may arise revival in these dark times…
So that there may be heard testimonies of victory, instead of lamentations…
So that there may be healing, instead of illness…
So that there may be victory, instead of defeat…

For I am the Great KING, says your GOD ALMIGHTY,
I AM that “I AM” Has Spoken

[b]

Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV): 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Acts 10:39 (KJV): And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Romans 2:29 (KJV): But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Acts 3:19 (KJV): Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
1 John 1:9 (KJV): If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV): And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV): 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Philippians 2:12 (KJV): Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Luke 12:48b (KJV): For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Matthew 12:36-37 (KJV): 36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Ephesians 4:27 (KJV): Neither give place to the devil.
Ephesians 6:10-17 (KJV): 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Luke 11:2-4 (KJV): 2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3Give us day by day our daily bread. 4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Ephesians 6:12 (KJV): For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Matthew 5:34-35 (KJV): 34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2011
Let us Pray together:

Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before You. I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ and claim the protection of the blood for my family, my finances, my home, my spirit, soul, and body. I surrender myself completely in every area of my life to You. I take a stand against all the workings of the devil that would try and hinder me and my family from best serving You. I address myself only to the true and living God, who has all power and control over everything. Satan, I command you and all your demon forces of darkness, in the name of Jesus Christ, to leave my presence. I bring the blood of Jesus between the devil and my family, my home, my finances, my spirit, soul, and body. I declare, therefore, that Satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of Jesus. Furthermore, in my own life today, I destroy and tear down all the strongholds of the devil against my mind, and I surrender my mind to You, blessed Holy Spirit. I affirm, Heavenly Father, that You have not given me the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore, I resist the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus, and I refuse to doubt or worry because I have authority (power) over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me. I claim complete and absolute victory over the forces of darkness in the name of Jesus, and I bind the devil and command him to loose my peace, joy, prosperity, and every member of my family for the glory of God, and by faith I call it done.
I break and smash the strongholds of satan formed against my emotions today and give my emotions to You, Lord Jesus. I destroy the strongholds of satan against my body today and give my body to You, Lord Jesus, realizing that I am the temple of the Holy Spirit. Again, I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ and pray that the Holy Ghost would bring all the work of the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ into my life today. I surrender my life to You. I refuse fear, worry, or discouragement in the name of Jesus. I will not hate, envy, or show any type of bitterness toward my brothers, sisters, or my enemies, but will love them with the love of God shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost. Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please You and give me the strength, grace, and wisdom to remove any sin or weight that would prevent our close fellowship. Work in me to cleanse me from all grounds that would give the devil a foothold against me. I claim in every way the victory of the cross over all satanic forces in my life. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving, and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus Name! Amen!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2011
grace5:

Let us Pray together:

Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before You. I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ and claim the protection of the blood for my family, my finances, my home, my spirit, soul, and body. I surrender myself completely in every area of my life to You. I take a stand against all the workings of the devil that would try and hinder me and my family from best serving You. I address myself only to the true and living God, who has all power and control over everything. Satan, I command you and all your demon forces of darkness, in the name of Jesus Christ, to leave my presence. I bring the blood of Jesus between the devil and my family, my home, my finances, my spirit, soul, and body. I declare, therefore, that Satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of Jesus. Furthermore, in my own life today, I destroy and tear down all the strongholds of the devil against my mind, and I surrender my mind to You, blessed Holy Spirit. I affirm, Heavenly Father, that You have not given me the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore, I resist the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus, and I refuse to doubt or worry because I have authority (power) over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me. I claim complete and absolute victory over the forces of darkness in the name of Jesus, and I bind the devil and command him to loose my peace, joy, prosperity, and every member of my family for the glory of God, and by faith I call it done.
I break and smash the strongholds of satan formed against my emotions today and give my emotions to You, Lord Jesus. I destroy the strongholds of satan against my body today and give my body to You, Lord Jesus, realizing that I am the temple of the Holy Spirit. Again, I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ and pray that the Holy Ghost would bring all the work of the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ into my life today. I surrender my life to You. I refuse fear, worry, or discouragement in the name of Jesus. I will not hate, envy, or show any type of bitterness toward my brothers, sisters, or my enemies, but will love them with the love of God shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost. Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please You and give me the strength, grace, and wisdom to remove any sin or weight that would prevent our close fellowship. Work in me to cleanse me from all grounds that would give the devil a foothold against me. I claim in every way the victory of the cross over all satanic forces in my life. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving, and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus Name! Amen!!

And the people of the Lord said: Amen!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2011
The Name of David
December 13, 2011

"Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue" (2 Samuel 23:1-2).

The name of David is uniquely important in Scripture. Except for the name of Jesus Christ Himself (of whom David is a remarkable type), no other name (not even Abraham or Moses or Paul) occurs nearly so often in the Bible. In the New Testament--again other than Jesus Christ--David's name is both the first mentioned (Matthew 1:1) and the last mentioned (Revelation 22:16).

As the "sweet psalmist of Israel," David was largely responsible for this longest book in the Bible. As we see in our text, his claim to divine inspiration in the writing of his psalms is perhaps the most meaningful and clear-cut statement on this subject by any of the biblical authors. It was both "God's Spirit" and "me" who spoke, giving "his word" through "my tongue," said David, in his last words, shortly before he died.

David was not a perfect man. We remember his grievous sin, not only against Uriah the Hittite, but even more against the Lord (2 Samuel 12:9-14), thus giving "great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme."

He had to suffer greatly because of this, but his repentance was genuine, and he was graciously restored by God to fellowship and service. The Lord's own testimony concerning him was this: "I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will" (Acts 13:22).

It is little wonder that so many loving parents over the many centuries--both Jews and Gentiles--have named their own sons "David," for the very name means "beloved." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2011
I pray,

Father, that You, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory, will grant me a spirit of wisdom and revelation – of insight into mysteries and secrets – in the deep and intimate knowledge of You, (18) by having the eyes of my heart flooded with light, so that I can know and understand the hope to which You have called me, and how rich is Your glorious inheritance in the saints, your set-apart ones. (19) And so that I may know and understand what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of Your power in and for me who believes, and demonstrated in the working of Your mighty strength, (20) which you, Father, exerted in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your own right hand in the heavenly places, (21) far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named – above every title that can be conferred – only in the age and in this world, but also in the age and the world to come. (22) And You, Father, have put all things under His feet and have appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the Church (a headship exercised throughout the Church), (23) Which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all – for in that body lives the full measure of Him who makes everything complete, and who fills everything everywhere with Himself
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Wrong Priority

TEXT: MARK 9:30-37

"But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest" (Mark 9:34).

A casual look at the appearance of a building can carry someone away by the physical beauty and colour separation. Yet, a professional in the building industry considers more importantly, the structural stability and the functional relationship of the various components of the building itself. Human beings most times place high premium on issues that are not very essential and important. This is generally called a misplacement of priority.

In the preceding verses to our text, the disciples could not operate at the level Christ wanted them to in ministry. They were unable to cast out an evil spirit which formed part of His mandate. They did not understand the predicted suffering, death and resurrection of Christ which were the cornerstones of the Christian faith. At Capernaum, the disciples were caught-up in their struggle for supremacy and personal interest. Christ stressed and affirmed the necessity of humility over leadership position.

"If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all."

It is not wrong for believers to be diligent, industrious and committed in spiritual matters, but ambition that relegates others to the background in order to gain the upper hand is sinful, sensual and destructive. Negative ambition that promotes pride and insecurity causes people to overvalue positions, privileges and prestige above personal relationships with God. The way up is always down. Humility is a virtue that is important for those who want to stay long with God. Jesus pointed the disciples to the simplicity and humility of a child to teach them an important lesson. Is there anything in your heart that God wants you to set aside and focus on the important priority of life? Let not today pass you by without rooting it out.

Thought for the day: "The haughty spirit is enmity against God"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:57am On Dec 14, 2011
Letter from GOD THE FATHER and THE LORD JESUS – Given to Sabrina, December 13, 2011:

MY dear children, I want to give you a letter about Faith—Faith that stands and is not upset by anything or anyone. Have Faith MY children! Have Faith!

Faith is the foundation of all things, by Faith is the world created.

By Faith I have spoken a Word and everything is created.
By Faith MY SON has sacrificed HIMSELF on the cross, knowing the reward that lay before HIM.
By Faith these Letters are written.
By Faith a Word of Prophecy is spoken.

Faith is the foundation of all things MY beloved. HAVE FAITH!!!

Continuation—Letter from the LORD JESUS​​:

WE know that many become discouraged again now that the days approach and the beginning of 2012 is in sight. WE know that very well, but know that the coming year is a year of tremendous change MY children. Much is about to happen,
WE have given OUR children the time and opportunity to come to US. So many Words, Prophecies, and Encouragements are given.

Now, as MY FATHER mentioned already earlier, the time has come for big change. WE call on everyone to continue to watch, to continue to fast, to continue to pray.

Keep your lamps burning, because you do not know when your BRIDEGROOM comes: today, tomorrow, or the next hour. Everything is in readiness, MY beloved, to rapture MY bride. MY FATHER can give the signal any moment. But HIS great mercy keeps HIM every day to do this. But there comes a moment, O’ there comes a moment, MY beloved that this moment will be there: Suddenly! And suddenly is without warning.

Therefore it is important to keep your torches burning with good Oil, rich fat Oil of MY SPIRIT, OUR SPIRIT. HE is your Oil. HE is The ONE WHO keeps you connected with US, OUR SPIRIT. If you remain in HIM, HE will remain in you. And if HE remains in you, WE stay connected with you.

So keep your torches burning MY beloved please! Do not become lukewarm and do not give up. Now is the time as never before to be burning and passionate for the arrival of your GOD and for the work you do for HIM—HIS work, OUR work, until the day of MY Coming, then it will all be over. Then total, complete chaos breaks like never before.

People think and believe that this will never come, as it seems like everything is still pretty good. But not everything is still pretty good, MY beloved, so many things are ready, laid away until that fateful day: MY Coming: A day of Feast for the bride and a day of Panic and Chaos and Confusion, Despair and sheer Horror for those who stay behind.

This is the Day of the LORD, this is MY Day. So be ready MY beloved, be ready. Do not become lukewarm because your GOD tarries, do not become lukewarm.

2012 is a year of great change, THE YEAR of change. So be warned, be encouraged, and listen to the prophets. They will give words of perfect report that will come over this world.

MY GOD does not leave you in limbo, HE makes known in His great mercy what will happen. But these times of announcement will become shorter and shorter, MY beloved, as the time of the antichrist has come. His time has come now and he already works out many things behind the scenes of which you are unaware of. So keep your eyes fixed on ME and MY SPIRIT. I am the DOOR and without ME nobody comes to THE FATHER. So come to ME and let ME teach and refresh you. I want to help MY children and not leave them in limbo.

Now is the time of True and Pure Faith. Now the generation must rise of True and Pure Faith, so that many may go in the rapture, when I come for MY bride. Not long anymore MY beloved, not long anymore. This is NOT a letter of postponement, only a letter to encourage you to keep your faith burning and to stay awake, every moment of the day.

For I come, like a thief in the night and only those who are awake, will not be surprised, they will know when their BRIDEGROOM comes. Hallelujah MY children!

I am coming! Keep your lamps filled with the Oil of MY SPIRIT, with my true and faithful WORD, with the words you hear from the prophets in these last hours before I come…

Keep your lamps filled and burning. I am coming, MY beloved, I am coming,

LORD and MASTER,

Waiting BRIDEGROOM, Your JESUS​​

[b]2 Corinthians 1:24 (KJV): Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-8 (KJV): 1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Amos 3:6-8 (KJV): 6Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? 7Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. 8The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

Habakkuk 2:3-4 (KJV): 3For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Matthew 15:28 (KJV): Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Acts 14:22 (KJV): Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 4:19-22 (KJV): 19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Romans 15:13 (KJV): Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Colossians 1:23 (KJV): If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Hebrews 6:11-12 (KJV): 11And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 11:1-40

1 Peter 1:7-9 (KJV): 7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Revelation 14:12 (KJV): Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Mitigating Unbelief

TEXT: ACTS 12:12-19

"And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel" (Acts 12:15).

Great things happen everyday when Christians pray. It takes faith and assurance in God’s ability to do all things to accept and affirm that what has happened already in the spiritual realm will be made manifest in the physical. This is so because the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous avails much. Those who pray should always believe that God is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him.

Our text today is a symbol of the many prayer meetings of Christians where believers pray with fervency and agonizing zeal without complete faith and confidence in God that answers prayer. John Mark’s mother’s house was the venue of the prayer meeting. God answered the prayer in accordance with His promise that while we are yet calling, He will answer. Peter was released by the angel from prison because of the importunate prayer made by the church. After his release, Peter went to the house of Mary, the mother of John Mark where many believers gathered only to discover the hardness of the warriors in believing that their intercession had indeed effected his release from prison.

God has not changed; He still answers the cries of His saints today. He requires however that when we pray, we must also demonstrate the trust and confidence in Him that He will respond according to His sovereign will. It does no credit to the believer to pray and yet nurse unbelief in the heart. Unbelief is a repudiation of God’s ability to answer prayers.

From today, increase your faith by believing that God will ever answer all prayers offered in righteousness. Consider the deed done once you have laid it at the feet of the Lord.

Thought for the day: "Prayer without faith is like a vehicle without fuel"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
Christians listen up!!
here is proof from the Scriptures, that we HAVE BEEN COMMANDED TO WATCH and that it IS NOT OPTIONAL!!
So, then, define "watch" and define "do not sleep". No idea how to not sleep. Or: "When to not sleep" maybe?
In this sleep, means to start living in the world again, worrying about everything else instead of watching!
Be awake at all times, means keep reading your Bible regularly and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit!

Ezek 3:17 - I HAVE MADE THEE A WATCHMAN.

Mt 24:42 - WATCH THEREFORE.
Mt 25:13 - WATCH THEREFORE.

Mk 13:35 - WATCH YE THEREFORE.

Mk 13:37 - AND WHAT I SAY UNTO YOU I SAY UNTO ALL, WATCH.

Luke 21:36 - WATCH YE THEREFORE, AND PRAY ALWAYS, THAT YE MAY BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS.

1 Thes 5:6 - LET US NOT SLEEP, AS DO OTHERS; BUT LET US WATCH.

Luke 12:37 - BLESSED ARE THOSE SERVANTS, WHOM THE LORD WHEN HE COMETH SHALL FIND WATCHING.

Heb 9:28 - ; AND UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM SHALL HE APPEAR THE SECOND TIME.

Rev 3:3 - IF, THOU SHALT NOT WATCH, I WILL COME ON THEE AS A THIEF, AND THOU SHALT NOT KNOW WHAT HOUR I WILL COME UPON THEE.

Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk Unclad, and they see his shame.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
The Carnal Mind and Death
December 15, 2011

"To be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:6-7).

This passage defines for us both the carnal mind and the spiritual mind, not with formal definitions, but by giving equivalent terms.

First, the carnal mind is identified as being "enmity against God" (v. 7), a rampant disregard for God’s law. Furthermore, the carnal mind is equated with death, specifically eternal, spiritual death. A physically living person may have a carnal mind, bringing with it a spiritual deadness and eternal doom. This also serves us as a working definition of death--being hostile toward God, or minding the things of the flesh. "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (vv. 8-9).

Next, we see that the spiritual mind is "life and peace" (v. 6)--a supreme preference for God and subjection to His will. This state not only leads to eternal life but is life, along with peace, even now. There can be no peace for the carnally minded.

Some would wrongly teach that the physical death of the unbeliever leads to the total annihilation of his body, soul, and spirit. However, this passage teaches that the minding of "the things of the flesh" (v. 5) does not only lead to ultimate physical death, but is death right now.

Death is not the extinction of being, but the alienation of that being from Christ. "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die; but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live" (v. 13). "If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness" (v. 10). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2011
Listen and pay attention!
Do not be arrogant, for the Lord has spoken.
Give glory to the Lord your God before it is too late.
Acknowledge Him before He brings darkness upon you,
Causing you to stumble and fall on the darkening mountains.
For then, when you look for light, you will find only terrible darkness and gloom.

And if you still refuse to listen, I will weep alone because of your pride.
My eyes will overflow with tears, because the Lord's flock will be led away into exile.

SAY TO THE KING AND HIS MOTHER,

"Come down from your thrones and sit in the dust,
For your glorious crowns will soon be snatched from your heads."
Jeremiah 13:15-18

Let us heed the call to humble ourselves before the Lord.
Many people need to come down from their thrones of worldly and human wisdom, from the deceitfulness of riches and the snare of lust and sin.
Otherwise our crowns will be snatched from our heads and we shall be clothed with shame.
May the Lord bless us all with Spiritual ears that hear the word of God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by highwayson: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
good to be here, i will be teaching the word here, especially from New Creation Realities perspective.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Sammy79(m): 12:06am On Dec 18, 2011
Hi All,

I just wish to announce to you the debut book titled Knowledge of the Secrets of the Kingdom of God: A Blueprint for a Passionate Pursuit of God You can copy and paste the title into Google to see online stores where you read an excerpt of the book. You can find it on Amazon, Barnes & Nobles etc.

Heaven is real and Hell is real but I have shared a revelation of Heaven in this book as I felt led.

The Bible said Jesus thought His disciples about the Kingdom of God (after He resurrected in Acts 2) for 40 days. Have you ever wondered what He taught them on this singular subject for 40 days? Also being the time of His departure to heaven, it simply meant it was a very important 'last' message He was giving to them. Like the words of a departing Master or a dieing man, the last words must be taken seriously. All of these are dealt with in this book. I encourage you to lay hands on it if you can.

God bless
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2011
The Beginning of Wisdom
December 17, 2011

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever" (Psalm 111:10).

This age has rightly been called the "age of information." With multitudes of books and periodicals in every field of study and practice, with billions of dollars devoted to all kinds of research, and now even the "information superhighway" of the Internet. It seems everyone and every organization is posting information of some sort on its own website and email. The world is almost drowning in information.

"But where shall wisdom be found and where is the place of understanding?" (Job 28:12). Job's urgent question can never be answered "online," but only in an ancient book. "Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding" (Job 28:28).

This spiritual truism is found often in that Book. King Solomon, to whom God had granted special wisdom (1 Kings 3:11-12), penned divinely inspired words when he wrote: "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge," and then "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10).

If anything is missing in our information age, it is surely the fear of God, at least among most people--even most religious people. But, as our text says: "A good understanding have all they that do his commandments."

From our New Testament perspective, we now know that "in |Christ| are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). "And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment" (1 John 3:23). Herein is true knowledge and understanding and wisdom. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2011

Letter of FATHER GOD, Given to Sabrina, December 14, 2011:

MY children, the time of the antichrist has come.

So many Words of warning have been given by US, by MY HOLY SPIRIT, by MY SON, and by MYSELF.

And still people walk in darkness, still they are walking with their eyes closed, as if nothing will ever happen. I tell you, MY children, that much, very much is soon about to happen in a very short time, so prepare yourselves and be ready.

Those who are ready are MY true children, MY true bride. She has wrapped herself in fasting and prayer to seek MY Face, without ME always having to ask for it.

She is the one that has left family, friends, and anything for MY sake. She is MY true bride. Everyone else follows the world and runs like a dog behind a death bone.

I am tired of giving Invitations and Warnings for those who are lukewarm or lost. I have given so many Warnings and Words in recent years, the last months, the last weeks, the last days.

And if you still are blind now, then good, then run after the world, and experience for yourself at what all this will end. Do you think you can refresh with ME with an hour of bible reading, with a required act every day? Do you think this pleases ME and warms MY HEART? Not Really!

But yet, those who do this think, that I will still open MY HEART for them, because they carry the name 'christian.' I open MY HEART indeed, but also I, GOD, have MY Limits.

If you, after numerous warnings and loving words and invitations still not fully come to ME and leave everything behind, then you are not worth to be called MY children, let alone MY bride.

These are very serious words and only those who truly follow ME will now say ‘AMEN’, all the rest is already lapsed into their own pernicious pride that now again prevails. They think they know ME. They think they know their GOD.

I tell you, NOW is the time to lie on your face before ME, NOW is the time to come to your GOD with whining and lamentation about this world, NOW is the time to rent your heart and come with a broken and shattered spirit before MY Face. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

O’ I am so tired of, so tired of warming up MY lukewarm children , Be warned lukewarm church: lukewarm children of MINE, the time is coming and is now, that the antichrist will arise, and if you are not IN ME NOW fully, and totally surrendered in spirit, soul, and body, he will devour you with fear and with his intimidation.

Do not think you will still have time then to come to ME, for I tell you: NOW IS THE TIME!!! I rapture just MY OBEDIENT children, do you realize that?

Obedience is a sign of willing humility to your GOD, not a spirit of pride and self-orientation, and self-discipline! Let ME discipline you!

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN!!! So many who think they are ready; who think that their dear GOD will rapture them, will experience the biggest surprise of their life, once they realize they are left behind. These are not words of fear, in order to instill fear in you, but in MY Great Mercy to still give you a chance—O’ lukewarm christians!

I DO NOT RAPTURE CHILDREN WHO DO NOT OBEY ME IN EVERYTHING!!! Is this clear MY children? Mark these words in your head and know when you stay behind, that this will therefore be the only reason, why your dear GOD did not rapture you.

MY HEART is torn for you, I call for fasting and prayer, and what do I see? Children who call themselves 'christian,' who simply continue to live their life, because now is not the time to fast. So much is built on the program!

Well, good, give your program priority then to your GOD and see what happens. I have warned you and I have also said that these warnings will become shorter and shorter, so know very well what you do with every minute of your life you still have now.

Once I have taken MY bride, your own agenda, your own self-orientation, and your own self-discipline will not be able to save you anymore. What will then be able to still save you?

Read MY WORD and find it out.

Written in Love,

FATHER GOD

[b]

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 (KJV): 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Psalm 82:5 (KJV): They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Matthew 10:37-39 (KJV): 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Mark 10:28-30a (KJV): 28Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. 29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time,

James 4:4 (KJV): Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV): 20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

1 John 2:15 (KJV): Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Jeremiah 15:6 (KJV): Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

Malachi 2:17 (KJV): Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

Revelation 3:16 (KJV): So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Psalm 51:17 (KJV): The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Romans 15:18 (KJV): For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
Faith, Self Defined
December 19, 2011

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them" (Hebrews 11:13).

Some have struggled with the word faith, desiring a succinct definition of it, but nowhere in Scripture does a working definition of faith appear. In places, however, the Bible gives a rather indirect definition of faith. Keeping in mind that the words belief and faith are translations of the same Greek word, let us look at several such texts.

Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, said of Mary, "And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord" (Luke 1:45).

Paul knew that God intended for him to be brought before Caesar and encouraged his shipmates as they were about to be shipwrecked with the words: "Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me" (Acts 27:25).

Speaking of Abraham's faith that God would give him a son, Paul says that "he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform" (Romans 4:20-21).

Of Sarah, Abraham's wife, it is said, "Through faith also Sarah herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised" (Hebrews 11:11).

These verses and the verse in our text give us a working definition of faith. It is, therefore, a firm belief, a conviction, a judgment, that God is both capable and faithful to perform what He has promised, and that there will be such a performance. This kind of faith brings the future into present reality. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2011
You Have My Heart
The same way I snatched My people out of the hands of Pharaoh to bring them to the promise land so I have snatched you out of the hands of the enemy to take you to My kingdom.
Strengthen your feet and prepare your heart for you are passing over.
Move in obedience to My word and your faith will carry you through.
That is the way! You have My heart.
It is poured out in the Scriptures.
You know My thoughts. It is revealed in My word. Hold your head up!
For I come with a mighty hand!
I have moved mountains to get to you and I will move heaven and earth to keep you (Romans 8:35-39).
I have upset your plans and have rearranged your life.
For did you not say ‘take all of me?’
I have poured My grace on you to become My fragrance on the earth! (2 Corinthians 2:14-17).
Let your heart receive my word and show My heart to the word!

[b](2 Corinthians 2:14-17).
But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

ROMAN 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or unclothedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by rccy: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
Need names and address of good prayerful ori-oke in ibadan
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
Whispering Thoughts

No matter where you are or what you are doing,
you can whisper a prayer to Me and I will hear and respond.

Never doubt My capability.
I am always eager to come to your aid and I can hear the gentlest of whispers.

Whisper a prayer to the Beloved.
He is attentive to your every heartfelt cry.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
Faith and patience have always been required for one to both enter into and fulfil their precious destiny. It has always been this way for My true servants that I have called - and to whom I have given great responsibility. You know about Abraham and Joseph - their waiting is well known, but consider Moses. He was in the wilderness for 40 years. He knew the people were going to the Promised Land [and that it was not all that far away] but he had to travel around and around and around with My people for 40 years. He held onto the vision and when the nation was disobedient and were walking out of My Will and working against that vision, Moses was there to correct and reprove and to stand in the gap for them. It was 40 years until he could stand on the top of a mountain and see the Promised Land - and know that they were about to enter it.

Be encouraged, My faithful ones! My Spirit is mightily upon you - and you were chosen because I knew you would be tenacious and would submit to My workings and My timetable. It has never been a quick fix or a quick journey for those who truly love Me. It has been a pathway of holding fast to Me and to My Word [Will] against all odds.

Moses spent 40 years in the wilderness because of the disobedience of the people he was leading. You have likewise spent many years waiting for the promise to be fulfilled - for a disobedient church has not been ready. Moses stood in the gap for the nation of Israel and you are standing in the gap for the Church. I was getting the people ready in the wilderness for what was to come - so that they could step into the "fullness" of My purposes for them with courage [without fear]. When they entered the Promised Land, they would then be a people who would fight in My strength, relying on Me to conquer their enemies - thus allowing Me to bring about My plan for the nation and the establishment of the kingdom of Israel. So too, I have been using these years to perfectly prepare My remnant Church for what is to come - to bring My Bride into a "full reliance" upon [trust in] Me with a view to establishing My Kingdom in great power on the earth while, at the same time, bringing about My purposes for the world at large [the nations and Israel]. So continue to hold fast the vision [revelation] "burning" in your heart - for the things that are now [in the natural] shall soon be no longer!

[b]      , "Therefore He said that He would destroy them, had not Moses His chosen one stood in the breach before Him, to turn away His wrath from destroying them",  Psalms 106:23 NASB

, "Then the LORD answered me and said, 'Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith",  Habakkuk 2:2-4 NASB

, "But we do [strongly and earnestly] desire for each of you to show the same diligence and sincerity [all the way through] in realizing and enjoying the full assurance and development of [your] hope until the end, In order that you may not grow disinterested and become [spiritual] sluggards, but imitators, behaving as do those who through faith [by their leaning of the entire personality on God in Christ in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness] and by practice of patient endurance and waiting are [now] inheriting the promises",  Hebrews 6:11-12 The Amplified Translation [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
The Babe in Bethlehem
December 24, 2011

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

This is a very remarkable prophecy, explicitly predicting that the future King of Israel would be born in the little village of Bethlehem some 700 years before He finally came. Then, to assure its fulfillment, the great Emperor Augustus had to decree a comprehensive census, compelling Joseph to take Mary with him to Bethlehem for her child to be born.

That the prophecy involves an actual birth is clear, not only from the phrase "come forth," but also from the succeeding verse which warns that God will "give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth" (v. 3). The preceding verse had also predicted that "they shall smite |this coming ruler| the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek" (v. 1), speaking of His initial rejection and execution.

But that is not all. The prophecy not only foresees His birth in Bethlehem, His repudiation by His own people, and His eventual installation as King over all Israel (not merely Judah), but also that this same remarkable person was none other than God Himself! His "goings forth" had been "from everlasting." That is, He is eternally proceeding forth from His Father. He did not become God’s Son when He was born in Bethlehem; He has been coming forth eternally.

There is still another truth implied in the remarkable Hebrew word for "goings forth." It is also used for such things as the flowing of water from a fountain or the radiations from the sun. Thus, the never-ending flowing forth of power from God through the Son is nothing less than the sustaining energy for the whole creation, as He is "upholding all things by the word of his power" (Hebrews 1:3). And this was the Babe in Bethlehem! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Dec 25, 2011
The Gifts of the Wise Men
December 25, 2011

"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh" (Matthew 2:11).

These wise men (or Magi) were of great eminence in the Parthian Empire at that time, and it is unlikely that the caravan from the East consisted of only three men. They more likely had a large entourage as they came searching for the future King of Israel, so it was small wonder that "all Jerusalem" was "troubled," along with King Herod (Matthew 2:3). The Parthians (i.e., Persians) had never been conquered by the Romans and at that very time were posing a significant threat along the eastern boundary of the extended Roman Empire.

When they found the young child and His mother in Bethlehem, the Magi "fell down, and worshipped him" (Matthew 2:11). But why did they offer Him just three gifts--and why these three gifts? Somehow they seemed to have sensed, possibly from meditating deeply on the ancient prophecies of Balaam (Numbers 24:17), Daniel (in Daniel 9:24-26), and David, concerning the priesthood order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4) that this young child whose birth had been announced by a star was destined not only to be the King but would also become the Messianic Sacrifice to "make reconciliation for iniquity" (see Daniel 9:24, 26) and then eventually become our eternal High Priest who "ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25). Thus, the gold would acknowledge His right to reign, the frankincense would speak of the incense to be offered in the heavenly tabernacle, and the myrrh (John 19:39) would testify that His crucified body would be so anointed as it entered the tomb for a very temporary burial. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
Letter 216 from the LORD JESUS Dictated to Susan, December 23, 2011:

Daughter write MY Words. It is your LORD Speaking:

Listen closely MY children. I, JESUS, am coming to rescue you. I am making MY Way toward the earth with MY angel armies. Soon WE will come to get you. It is important that you stay vigilant until I arrive to remove you.

Now children, the whole world watches for ME—many now are watching. So many have rejected ME, but many see the storm coming. Many see the dark clouds rolling in as darkness is creeping all around the earth.

Children, MY SPIRIT within MY bride, HE waits to come out with the bride for her glorious ascent upward to her palaces prepared for her arrival—the new homes that await her. All is ready. All is waiting. This is the hour that MY bride returns with ME. I gather her under MY Arms. Soon we will enjoy matrimony—a marriage that is made in heaven—a heavenly betrothal.

I am bringing her out to peace, tranquility, love, and beauty everlasting. MY bride has put ME at her center focus. She knows that I am the GOD WHO will save her. I will preserve her for MYSELF. She will be in MY Arms for eternity. I will be the LOVE she has waited long for. MY Beauty will shine forth. I will be her Light, her only Light. MY Light will be everlasting in her eyes. She will shine through with MY Light for eternity. MY Peace and Tranquility will be hers for ever more.

Children, these Words can be spoken over you if you come into MY Light. Step into this Light—MY Light everlasting. There is no other source of Light. I am the LAMP that Light the feet—MY Word is Truth, Love, Power everlasting. All others represent loss and darkness—the alternative ways through the world represents darkness, death, destruction. Very soon, this will be more evident as each day rolls by.

Each day it will seem darker than the day before it. Until the hour of MY foe arrives and he will then assume control and MY bride must be removed to safety where I will shower MY Love and Affection over her for eternity. Ours is an Eternal Love—Love that is unending—the greatest Love of all time, Love that is glorious to behold.

Children, your LORD implores you to pull MY Word out…examine MY Words. See the times you are living in. The hour is growing dark—darkness is seeping in all around you. Soon it will enthrall you. You will see that there is no hope—only I offer hope, I, JESUS.

I am the last remaining outpost: the only open doorway—the corridor of Light—the narrow way. Turn to this doorway for your escape. All other ways lead to destruction. There is no hope except through MY Truth, MY Light, MY Safe passage way. There is no other hope or light. I am the STRONG TOWER. I am the next flight to Freedom.

Everything else is false hope. The Light will not be here for long. One day, the Light will be gone and only darkness will reign.

Do not take this too casually. Do not discount MY Truth. Do not write off MY Words and treat them so casually. They are gold and precious. They are rare and diminishing. Soon the world will plummet into total darkness and chaos. Do not think this alternative is viable—soon you will realize that MY Truth is precious and no other truth exists.

MY children, there is precious little time left. Turn and face ME. Give ME your all. Put ME as your center focus. This is your only hope. I alone hold the key to mankind’s escape from the darkness rolling in. There is no other route to safety.

I am the ROCK. I am the SAFE ROUTE. I am the SURE PROMISE. Cling to ME. Now is the hour to be prepared. Come make your garment ready—washing it clean in MY Pure Blood. There is no alternative. MY enemy is coming in full force to claim, kill, and destroy you children.

Wake now. Wake quickly.

Open your eyes.

I am the Great DELIVERER. I am coming swiftly. Be ready to make your escape.

The hour quickens, MY Words are true.

Your LORD JESUS

Psalm 61:3 (KJV): For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Proverbs 18:10 (KJV): The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

1 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV): And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

John 8:12 (KJV): Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1 John 1:7 (KJV): But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
The Great Commission
December 25, 2011

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19).

These incomparable words were spoken by Christ on a mountain in Galilee (v. 16), sometime after His resurrection.  He had already told His disciples while they were still gathered in the upper room: "As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you" (John 20:21).  Then the sense of His instruction on the mountain was: "As you go into the world, you are to make disciples in every nation."

What an amazing thing to ask of such a small, unpromising group of followers.  Yet, soon afterward, on the Mount of Olives, He made this command an actual prophecy: "Ye shall be witnesses unto me . . . unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:cool.  This absurdly impossible prophecy seemingly could never be carried out by such a motley group, but somehow it has! There are today millions of followers of Christ, some in practically every nation on earth.  The prophecy seemed humanly impossible, but the Holy Spirit of God came upon them in great power, and He has been with Christ's witnesses in every age since.

Not only the Spirit of God, but also the Father and the Son. New disciples were, in fact, to be identified as such by baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One name, yet three names!  The three are each equally and fully God, and each is vitally involved in the redemption, guidance, and ultimate glorification of each believer.  "For through |Christ| we both |that is, Jew and Gentile| have access by one Spirit unto the Father" (Ephesians 2:18).  Someday the Great Commission will have been completed, and all the disciples from every land and every age will assemble in praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in the heavenly "city of the living God" (Hebrews 12:22). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2011
Letter of Blessing for the beloved bride, from FATHER GOD – Given to Sabrina, December 27, 2011:

This is a letter for MY beloved bride:

MY beloved, let ME bless you in this new year of expectation, a year in which your expectation will not be cut off by disenchantment.

I am a GOD of Faithfulness and I will do according to MY WORD and thus rapture MY beloved bride soon.

Watch out as you see the disasters in the world unfolding. This is your indicator. Watch out, stay alert, as MY true prophets give Words of accuracy.

Be blessed with new fresh courage, when you hear and see of miracles in this time. MY SPIRIT is still not extinguished and I will still have mercy for this earth with signs and wonders.

But everything will be placed in the line of MY Soon Coming, in the rapture of MY beloved bride. Yes, this is THE FATHER, MY SON and I are ONE, therefore I speak of OUR bride and OUR rapture and OUR coming.

Be blessed MY beloved, for your GOD comes soon! Keep your eyes fixed on the horizon, keep watching, keep your eyes fixed on the mountains, look out for MY LIGHT which will soon appear in the clouds.

Keep your eyes fixed on the clouds in these dark days, because MY SON will soon break through. Do not be discouraged because of the long wait, I know this very well.

Be rather encouraged, because many are still entering MY Kingdom, many still reach their destination as MY dear child, for a place in MY Eternal Kingdom.

Be blessed MY beloved. I, GOD bless you with a new fresh Anointing and Blessing for this new year. A year of Passion, Joy, Courage, Indignation, and Excitement. But no more disappointments for MY Bride, no disappointments MY beloved!

Be glad in your LORD, be glad and rejoiced, for behold, HE comes over the mountains, in the clouds! HE comes! MY SON, the Beloved BRIDEGROOM Comes! O’ be glad and rejoiced and sing a new song for you KING! Sing in a Heavenly Language for your GOD: sing, sing, sing, and be glad and rejoiceful!

For behold, HE Comes! Be glad and rejoiced, for I, GOD, am glad and rejoiced. I delight over MY children, over MY bride. O’ MY beloved bride, she is so beautiful, so full of passion, so full of beauty, so full for her GOD!

I love MY bride, MY SON loves HIS bride. She is beautiful and full of desire to finally meet her GOD. Your expectation will soon be cut off, MY beloved, with the sign of HIS coming, the long-awaited signal will sound in Heaven and on Earth.

O’ so rejoice yourselves and be passionate for your GOD, for behold, I am a passionate GOD for MY beloved. MY beloved is MINE and I am MY beloved ,

O’ Blissful Words, O’ Blissful bride of MINE! See MY Passion, feel MY Passion, MY beloved, this is for you! I love you so much and I bless you with a new Blessing for this new year.

A Blessing of soft refreshing rain, a rain of Hope, a rain of Healing, a rain which I, GOD, will bind up and heal all your wounds. So am I, a GOD of Love and Loyalty to those who are loyal to ME.

MY faithful loving bride, be hopeful. I come and MY SON comes. Everything is ready , Everything is ready! Remain also ready, because WE come over the clouds with a loud trumpet and thunder!

Look out for your GOD!

From of a Loving FATHER WHO longs for HIS bride

[b]2 Corinthians 5:4-8 (KJV): 4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Acts 4:30-31 (KJV): 30By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. 31And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Song of Solomon 2:8 (KJV): The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

Psalm 96:1 (KJV): O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.

Isaiah 42:10 (KJV): Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Song of Solomon 6:3 (KJV): I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.

2 Samuel 22:14 (KJV): The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.

Joel 2:1 (KJV): Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Zechariah 9:14 ; 16 (KJV): 14And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the LORD God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south. 16And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 280
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.