Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74127 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2011
The Glory of the Lord
September 26, 2011

"And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the LORD, So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD" (1 Kings 8:10-11)

This remarkable glory cloud filling Solomon's Temple at its dedication had also been present when the tabernacle in the wilderness was dedicated. At that time, Moses recorded how "a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, . . . and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle." Furthermore, this "cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys" (Exodus 40:34-35, 38). There could be no doubt as to His presence.

It is well known that this cloud of divine glory was called the Shekinah. Although this actual word never occurs in the Bible itself, it is closely related to the Hebrew words for "dwell" (shakan) and "tabernacle" (mishkan).

The significant truth here, of course, is not the name, but the fact. The glory cloud was removed when Israel became apostate. "And the glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city" (Ezekiel 11:23).

When God returned to earth in the person of His Son, "the Word was made flesh, and |tabernacled| among us." Then, once again, those who had eyes to see "beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father" (John 1:14). By His Spirit, He now even lives in the human bodies of those who receive Him, and "Christ in you" becomes our own "hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Then, as we live in His Word, "we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Divinely Approved?

TEXT: MARK 1:9-15

"And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Mark 1:11).

Thought for the day: "With God at work, we can achieve the extraordinary"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2011
The New Creation
September 27, 2011

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature" (Galatians 6:15)

In the original Greek text of the New Testament, the word translated "creature" is the same as "creation," so the apostle Paul, in our text, is stressing the vital importance of being a "new creation" in Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ is nothing less than the mighty Creator of heaven and earth (Colossians 1:16), and the very same creative power which called the universe into existence must be exerted on each lost sinner to create in him a new nature, capable of having the eternal fellowship with God for which man and woman were created in the beginning.

This new creation is not only for the purpose of saving their souls, but also for transforming their lives. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17). Although good works can never bring salvation, salvation must inevitably bring good works, for we are thereby "created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). Paul exhorts us to continually "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness" (Ephesians 4:24).

Adam and Eve were originally created "in the image of God" (Genesis 1:27), but that image has been grievously damaged by unbelief and overt sin. Although still resident in man--in fact, distinguishing him from the animals--this divine image must be renewed through saving faith in our Creator/Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Therefore, the Scripture reminds all true believers that they "have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him" (Colossians 3:9-10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2011

The Life of Faith

Come close to Me.
Let Me reveal My heart.
Let Me open vistas of hope for you.
Don’t stand afar.
Move forward, trusting in the One Who brings joy and peace to a heart.

I want you to put your trust in Me, follow the course that I have set before you.
I don’t want you doubting;
I want you believing, hoping in the One Who has your best interest at heart.
Come to Me, beloved.
Put your faith in the One Who sincerely loves you and offers you all the wonder that a heart can contain!
Step into faith in the Holy One, the One you can always trust, the One Who holds your precious heart secure.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2011

Ready for Service?

TEXT: ISAIAH 6:1-13

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:cool.

Thought for the day:  "Availability drives responsibility"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2011
[size=15pt]

‎"♥º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ ♥ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´ ¸.¤·º°♥
♥~~~~~~~~~~~JESUS LOVES~~~~~~~~~~~♥
~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~♥♥♥"__|'‾|__"♥♥♥~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~
~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~♥♥♥'|__'ღ'__|'♥♥♥~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~
~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~♥♥♥. '. |ღ|†~~♥♥♥~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~
,  , ~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~♥♥♥.' ."|ღ|.'~~♥♥♥~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~
~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~♥♥♥,  |_| , ♥♥♥~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~
♥♥☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •YOU•*¨* •¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆•♥♥
¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º·¤. ¸¯`°º·¤. ¸¯`°º·¤. ¸"[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Sep 28, 2011
The Unintentional Prophet
September 28, 2011

"And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation" (John 11:51)

Even after seeing the miracle of Lazarus restored to life, the high priest Caiaphas refused to believe Jesus was the Messiah and was more firmly resolved than ever to have Him put to death. He used the excuse that Jesus might cause the Romans to destroy the Jews religious system. So he said, "It is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not" (John 11:50).

But like Balaam of old, forced to prophesy what he did not intend (Numbers 24:10-13), Caiaphas was made to predict the true significance of Christ's coming death. Instead of His death being "expedient for us"-- that is, for Caiaphas and his system--it was indeed "expedient that one man should die for the people" (John 18:14).

This is a remarkable divine irony. Caiaphas, the chief religious representative of God to the people of Israel, should have known the Old Testament prophecies and gladly welcomed Jesus as the promised Messiah. Instead, he organized His trial and condemnation. Yet he was divinely inspired (without knowing or intending it) to point out the real mission of Christ to the Jews and the whole world--that of substitutionary sacrifice for their sins. It is also interesting that in 1992 the bones of this same Caiaphas were discovered in a tomb underneath the modern city.

So far as we know, Caiaphas died still rejecting Christ. Nevertheless, following Christ's substitutionary death, the evidence for His glorious resurrection (eternal, not temporary like that of Lazarus) became so clear and compelling that "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith" (Acts 6:7). Caiaphas did, indeed, manage to get Jesus crucified, but the result was salvation for multitudes. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2011

God: Never Too Late

TEXT: LUKE 1:1-20

"But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John" (Luke 1:13).

Life generally holds many surprises and mysteries that men find difficult to understand. It is inconceivable that a man that has devoted his entire life and household to the service of God has challenges that he could not overcome. Because the ways and doings of God are full of mysteries, God alone has answers to man’s perplexing questions.

Zechariah and his wife had devoted their lives to minister in the temple in Judah. Perhaps, they entered into ministry immediately after their honeymoon with the joy and hope of receiving the blessing of marriage as part of the dividends of service to God. However, after waiting for several years without a child, they still were not discouraged. In fact, they decided rather that they will forget about their physical needs and give all their best to God. As God would have it, their steadfastness, dedication and sacrifice eventually paid off when Hezekiah received an angelic being who came to deliver a message to him from heaven.

The news was too good to be true for Zechariah. To him, there is no use trying to hope again since both of them had passed the age of raising issues medically. One very unique lesson to draw from this narrative is the quality of the gift of faithfulness and service to God. The couple who had all their lives given their best to God received the best from Him.

Many believers lose faith so soon that they miss their blessing. Some have stopped praying, attending fellowships or doing other good works for God on account of delayed needs in their lives. But they are ignorant of the fact that it is a ploy by the devil to permanently shut them out of their blessings.

God is never too late. Whatever we are asking Him to do in our lives, when we remain committed and faithful in the service of the Kingdom, He will definitely give us the best. Remain at your duty post and God will definitely meet you there.

Thought for the day:  "It pays to serve the Lord!"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2011
Dogs and Dangers
September 29, 2011

"Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision" (Philippians 3:2)

Although our salvation is secure, Paul alerts us to the possibility that we can be spoiled (Colossians 2:cool, our faith can be shipwrecked (1 Timothy 1:19), and we can fall from our own "stedfastness" (2 Peter 3:17).  These are not idle threats.  There are those who are the "enemies of the cross of Christ" (Philippians 3:18), hence these startling descriptions in today's verse.

Dogs, both literally and metaphorically, are never mentioned in a positive context in Scripture.  "Dogs" encircled the Lord Jesus while on the cross (Psalm 22:16).  Blind watchmen are "dumb dogs" and ignorant shepherds are "greedy dogs," since neither are seeking the good of God's people (Isaiah 56:10-11).  We are explicitly warned not to give "that which is holy unto the dogs" (Matthew 7:6).  We must "beware of dogs" indeed.

Those motivated by evil come under severe condemnation.  False prophets are called "wolves" (Matthew 7:15), false apostles are deceitful (2 Corinthians 11:13), and those who falsely profess Christ are abominable, disobedient, and reprobate (Titus 1:16).

The concision (mutilators) are those who demand the Old Testament circumcision as proof of conversion (Galatians 6:12-15), thus ignoring and nullifying the grace of God given through the Lord Jesus Christ.

All such workers of iniquity will be rejected by this same Lord Jesus when they insist that their works are sufficient for salvation (Matthew 7:22-23). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2011

It's Still Possible

TEXT: LUKE 1:21-25

"Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men" (Luke 1:25).

Someone says, life is generally full of challenges and battles. The world in which we live has not always been particularly friendly to those that put their confidence in God. Satan attempts to hinder believers from getting their heart desires in order to discourage them from serving God.

However, the characters in our text have shown that they are a different species of people of God. Zechariah and Elizabeth had dedicated their entire lives to serve God in the temple though they had no children. Barrenness did not in any way reduce their commitment and consecration to God. In fact, it appears that the more the physical and emotional need, the more they re-dedicated their lives to God. They had become so engrossed in the work of God that they had practically forgotten the pressing needs in their families. Little wonder that when the angel appeared to Hezekiah to assure him that God was ready to give them a son, he never believed that it would still be possible. Elizabeth herself had grown so old that the hope of having a child had long been forgotten.

But the highpoint of the lessons in our passage is set forth in the response of Elizabeth when she confirmed that indeed God has visited her. The flood of joy that surged through her heart gushed out through her lips in an ecstatic expression of thanksgiving and gratitude to God. She showed that, at last, her reproach of childlessness has been removed, her many days of mourning now turned into joy.

The story of this Christian home is a challenge to every family where there is a trial of faith by way of childlessness, prolonged illness, poverty and other forms of needs that may have brought shame to the entire household. The message is that God never sleeps; He is still alive and He will make all things beautiful in his time.

There is need for us to have absolute confidence in God, in His unfailing promises. What God says He will do, He will do, regardless of the surrounding circumstances. Once we remain steadfast and committed to Him, though weeping may endure for a night, joy will definitely come in the morning

Thought for the day:  "There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2011

"Reverence Me"

I am going to have My Holy Spirit sweep over this nation like never before. Holy Ghost conviction will fall upon My people. My children need a major wake-up call to the time and season that we are in right now. Do you remember the Days of Noah and how the people mocked and jeered Noah for following My instructions? They did not know the time and season they were in, and they did not care. Until, I closed the door to the Ark and it began to rain.

But, then it was too late. Their time had run out. They had plenty of time to repent and heed the Word of the Lord, but they chose to party and chose revelry instead of choosing Me. How My Heart broke for them, but they had brought Me to anger.

I am a righteous God, and I can not tolerate sin. My Son Jesus died for your sins on the Cross at Calvary. It was all finished there. He had paid the price for everyone's sins. But, you must accept Him into your heart as your Lord and Savior and follow His ways in order to be saved. It's not your righteousness, but His Righteousness that cleanses you and makes you right with Me. His Blood is pure and it cleanses everything.

Why do My children not want to receive the free gift of salvation? You can't earn it or work for it. It is a free gift, but you do have to work out your salvation. You need to allow Me to continue to cleanse you of the world and all of it's filth and contamination.

The Holy Spirit will help you to become more like Jesus each and every day. Surrender it all over to Me. Allow Me to be in control of your life. Let Me show you what is pleasing to Me. I want to pour out My Blessings upon My sons and My daughters, but I can't always do that because of the things in your lives that are blocking the blessings.

If you will spend good quality time with Me in prayer and sit quitely before Me so I have your full attention, I will speak to you. If you ask Me to show you what is blocking your blessings, I will show you. Reverencing Me is a key thing. Obeying Me is a key. Following My instructions is a key.

If you will make time for Me in your lives, I will teach you the things you need to learn. I have given you My Word as your manual. I will help you to interpret it correctly if you will just sit with Me quitely and study. I will open up the mysteries of My Word to you and the mysteries of the universe says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by liftedone(f): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

It's Still Possible

TEXT: LUKE 1:21-25

"Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men" (Luke 1:25).

Someone says, life is generally full of challenges and battles. The world in which we live has not always been particularly friendly to those that put their confidence in God. Satan attempts to hinder believers from getting their heart desires in order to discourage them from serving God.

However, the characters in our text have shown that they are a different species of people of God. Zechariah and Elizabeth had dedicated their entire lives to serve God in the temple though they had no children. Barrenness did not in any way reduce their commitment and consecration to God. In fact, it appears that the more the physical and emotional need, the more they re-dedicated their lives to God. They had become so engrossed in the work of God that they had practically forgotten the pressing needs in their families. Little wonder that when the angel appeared to Hezekiah to assure him that God was ready to give them a son, he never believed that it would still be possible. Elizabeth herself had grown so old that the hope of having a child had long been forgotten.

But the highpoint of the lessons in our passage is set forth in the response of Elizabeth when she confirmed that indeed God has visited her. The flood of joy that surged through her heart gushed out through her lips in an ecstatic expression of thanksgiving and gratitude to God. She showed that, at last, her reproach of childlessness has been removed, her many days of mourning now turned into joy.

The story of this Christian home is a challenge to every family where there is a trial of faith by way of childlessness, prolonged illness, poverty and other forms of needs that may have brought shame to the entire household. The message is that God never sleeps; He is still alive and He will make all things beautiful in his time.

There is need for us to have absolute confidence in God, in His unfailing promises. What God says He will do, He will do, regardless of the surrounding circumstances. Once we remain steadfast and committed to Him, though weeping may endure for a night, joy will definitely come in the morning

Thought for the day: "There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel"

For Details . . .

I'm blessed by this. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2011
Father God,
Forgive me. I spoke out my mouth words of my flesh and not of You. I ask Father God for forgiveness of my sins. Help me O' God to crucify my flesh and be more like You! I humbly admit my faults in the presents of others for Your glory O' Lord. Remove from my mouth every unclean word. Remove from my thoughts and my heart every unclean thing that is not of You O' God. Empty this earthly vessel and fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit! In Jesus' Name, AMEN.

The fleshly use of a Christians tounge is demonic, whether he is cursing others or attempting to speak wisdom. (James 3:6,9,15) When we speak out of our earthly self, he seeks his own glory and so gives satan the right to use him. (John 7:cool :'-( (taken from the book Heaven Awaits the Bride)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 8:30am On Sep 30, 2011

Letter from THE FATHER given to Sabrina, September 28, 2011:

MY precious children, this is your LORD and FATHER, GOD from heaven. I have given a lot of warnings from MY WORD and through MY children, the prophets. They have written and sent MY Words faithfully.

The time comes however, that these Words will cease. The time comes now that these letters will cease. Many have found MY Letters. Many are encouraged by MY Words. Many have converted their hearts.

But the time is now that MY Words will cease. The time is now that MY SON comes to get HIS bride. Everything is done and ready. WE are ready, OUR children! WE are ready! How ready are you, if I may ask?

Only MY bride goes along, MY bride and MY SON’s hard-gained bride. She is OUR beloved, OUR bride. WE love OUR bride, she is sweet and pure and clean in OUR Eyes, washed in the BLOOD of MY SON, MY BELOVED.

MY SON has poured out HIS Life, laid down, and taken up again for you, for you MY children. HE has laid down HIS Heavenly Glory for you. HE has walked through hell for you.

HIS Life was a hell on earth, compared with the glory that HE left behind. Who would ever be willing to do what MY SON, MY BELOVED, has done? But HE has done it, as the ONLY, no one else can match HIM.

No one else has given up the Royal Throne to become a humble Servant in this wicked world, because also then MY earth was already corrupted. THE BLOOD of MY SON will take revenge, gruesomely, for all those who reject HIM gruesomely and run after other gods and worship and honor and serve them, for all those HIS BLOOD will be revenged, gruesomely.

There comes a time, and that time is now, MY children, that this world has never known. The whole earth will be buried under the wrath of MY SON. The period of grace will be over, past.

Now is still a very brief moment of grace, but very soon it is all over. Then many will lament over their misery, sitting in sackloth and ashes. Realizing that they could have saved themselves, if they only had listened to MY Words.

MY Judgments and MY SON’s Judgments stand ready. MY angels are trained and ready. Everything is ready, MY children. If you call to your Heavenly FATHER now and leave all the other behind, I will still hear from Heaven, from MY THRONE.

I am still a merciful GOD. MY SON has bought and paid your grace. It is finished. Also this period of grace, this long period of grace is finished. Very soon it comes to an end, right after MY SON has picked up HIS bride to bring her to the Heavenly Jerusalem, that is ready for her.

As I said, everything is ready MY children. There is nothing more to wait for. So come NOW to your GOD and renounce everything else. All your future plans are now worthless, as MY SON is coming. HE is already coming, do you not notice HIM? Do you not notice the signs that I give on heaven and on earth?

O’ MY children, be wise and humble of heart, and come NOW to your GOD and LORD and MASTER of the universe. To ME belongs the whole earth and her fullness. But her fullness will soon fall into emptiness, when she is deprived of all her brilliance, of all her beauty, of all her splendor and glory, that she still owns now.

Everything will turn into chaos, deep misery, darkness, wrath, revenge: justice that I will exercise on this earth. So be wise and come to your GOD now. Do not delay, tomorrow may be too late.

Wait no more for the day of tomorrow, because the day of tomorrow may never come. Many will fall under MY and MY SON’s wrath, many. Therefore come NOW, before it is too late and you are buried under eternal misery and darkness.

NOW is the time, MY children, NOW is the time! I cannot stress more on this: NOW IS THE TIME!!!

ALMIGHTY GOD and FATHER of all children has spoken

[b]
Psalm 89:6 (KJV): For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?

Romans 15:8 (KJV): Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Luke 21:22-26 (KJV): 22For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. 25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Hebrews 12:22-25 (KJV): 22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Revelation 3:12 (KJV): Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 (KJV): And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Psalm 89:11 (KJV): The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 (KJV): 14The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
16A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. 17And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. 18Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 2:1-3 (KJV): 1Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; 2Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you. 3Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2011
The Prophet's Chamber
September 30, 2011

"And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither" (2 Kings 4:9-10)

This sparsely furnished little room, built by a kindly woman and her elderly husband, was the prototype of all the so-called "prophet's chambers" that have been built for traveling teachers and evangelists ever since.

Little did this simple farm couple anticipate what fruit their kindness would bear one day in this very room. "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers" the Bible says, "for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2). In the first place, to show his appreciation, Elisha prayed that the Lord would give them a son, and God miraculously answered (2 Kings 4:16-17).

Then, tragically, the boy died quite suddenly several years later while Elisha was at Mount Carmel, some 15 miles away. The Shunammite woman laid her son on Elisha's bed in the prophet's chamber, then rode hastily to find Elisha and bring him to the boy. The round trip must have taken her two days or more, and the boy's dead body lay on the prophet's bed in the little room all that time.

But then Elisha prayed once again, and the most amazing event took place there (2 Kings 4:33-35). For only the second time in history, a dead person was restored to life.

The Shunammite mother and her son are never heard from again. But for 3,000 years the testimony of a little chamber and the love and faith of the godly woman who prepared it as a simple service for her Lord and His prophet, and the godly mother who sacrificially loved her son, has been an inspiration and example to multitudes. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2011
liftedone:

I'm blessed by this. Thank you.

We give thanks and glory to Jesus because we know that with God all things are possible.

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." (Corrie Ten Boom, 1892-1983).
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2011

Not Your Ancestral Line

TEXT: LUKE 3:23-38

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God" (Luke 3:23,38).

It is the practice in many quarters today to blame negative developments in peoples lives on ancestral lineages. Through this understanding, many refuse to take responsibility for their lives and developments.

It is important you recognise that as you go through life, your decisions and not your ancestral line will determine your destiny.

In our text, we discover that the lineage of the only begotten Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ was made up of the good, bad, beautiful and ugly. Consider Jacob, the supplanter, then Judah who ended up sleeping with his daughter-in-law. What do you say of David who murdered Uriah and took his wife? Don’t also forget father Abraham whose indiscretion in taking Sarah’s suggestion led him to sleep with his maid. This eventually led to the birth of Ishmael. Boaz came from Rahab, the harlot from Jericho. It is not likely that you will find any without a blot.

Yet, of this pack came Christ, the Son of God. He came and lived a sinless life and left the world without sin. He had troubles, was persecuted, suffered rejection and was killed by His own. The lives of His ancestors didn’t affect Him. He lived to fulfill His destiny. He knew why He came to the world and with determination He achieved it.

You should therefore take a cue from the life of Christ. Don’t blame anyone for your challenges or failures in life. Face them squarely; take decisions that will shape your life in the right way. Come off the blamegame, accept the Son of God and enjoy your life.

Thought for the day: "Decision determines destiny"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2011
Unshakable Things
October 1, 2011

"And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain" (Hebrews 12:27)

In this present evil world, there are many pressures that would tend to shake our faith and tempt us to compromise. Paul would exhort persecuted believers "that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled" by such things, but rather to "stand fast" in the truths God has taught them (2 Thessalonians 2:2, 15).

The "hope set before us: . . . we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast" (Hebrews 6:18-19). The "word" to which our text refers is from Haggai 2:6-7: "For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come," who will establish "a kingdom which cannot be moved" (Hebrews 12:28).

Note God's amazing promise: "The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, . . . but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished" (Isaiah 51:6). Similarly, Jesus said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). "The world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever" (1 John 2:17).

The earth may crumble, and even our bodies may return to dust, but God's Word endures, and so do His righteousness and His kingdom and His great salvation! If our hope is in Him and His Word alone, and if we are seeking to do His gracious will, then our faith and our destiny can never be shaken. "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain" (Isaiah 66:22). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2011

DEAR FATHER,

I appreciate your greatness! I BELIEVE in You, I TRUST in You,
I am THANKFUL that You have given me another day of life!
As I face this day, I PRAY that You will give me the COURAGE to face what today brings.
I am GRATEFUL that You will never leave me.
Thank you FATHER for I know I will have a better day today with added blessings.
You are good all the time! Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2011
In His Steps
October 2, 2011

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way" (Psalm 37:23)

There is nothing more satisfying to a believer than to be living in the will of God for his life. And it is good to know that God actually delights in leading us along that way which He is laying out for us. There are numerous Bible verses to this effect. One of the most familiar is "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:6).

That verse gives us a basic principle for knowing His way. We need to seek His leading in everything! Of course, it may not be an easy path. "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps" (1 Peter 2:21).

Even if the path seems difficult at times, it is a good path, because it honours Him. "He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake" (Psalm 23:3). He is the good Shepherd, and if we lose the way for a time, He can bring us back. As the prophet said: "O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23).

An important check to be sure we are not drifting far off the path is to be sure we don't disobey or question His written Word. "Order my steps in thy word," we should pray each day (Psalm 119:133). Then He promises: "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left" (Isaiah 30:21).

It may not be an audible voice, but we can hear. Jesus promised: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27). Then we can say, as the ancient servant testified: "I being in the way, the LORD led me" (Genesis 24:27). HMM

For more . . . .

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by sbm4real(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2011
sbm4real:
Beloved, it is amazing how the message of the cross has been turned into the message of money, I recently heard of a man of God who preached from philipians 2:4-13 and told the people to work out their billions, that the billions are in them and they should work it out, How on earth can you preach money from such a scripture that tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, is our salvation about money or comfort? No
We have been saved and called out of the world to conform to the stature of the measure of the fullness of Christ, we are not saved to become rich, we are saved to become more like Christ and wait for the return of Christ so that we can enter into our glorious inheritance at the appearance of Christ, Most pastors hardly teach about the second coming of Christ, they only motivate people with words, the bible already says that in the end times, people will gather and listen to what their ears are itching to hear, if we want money, we don't need to get born again to get it, non born again christians are rich too, Abraham was rich and solomon was rich before Christ, so Christ didn't come so that we can be rich, we need to be careful of what we listen to so that we are not deceived and that we may set our hearts on the coming of Christ
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2011

Ecclesiastes 4:12a Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
12For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
Three Tabernacles
October 3, 2011

"According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it" (Exodus 25:9)

This is the first mention of the tabernacle wherein the religious life of Israel was centered during their time of wandering in the desert. The details of its design, construction, and service occupy thirteen chapters in Exodus--more than for any other single item in the Bible. These details provide a wealth of typological intimations of the person and work of Jesus Christ.

This tabernacle, however, was based on the pattern of "the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man" (Hebrews 8:2). There is a heavenly tabernacle where Christ now dwells, and the furnishings and service of the earthly tabernacle were mere "patterns of things in the heavens" (Hebrews 9:23). "For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us" (Hebrews 9:24).

Christ also entered yet a third tabernacle. "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). In this key verse, the Greek word translated "dwelt" is actually "tabernacled"--thus His human body became God's tabernacle, and He will dwell there forever. Even though that body died, it was raised immortal, still a physical body, but one that will never die again.

Finally we have His wonderful assurance in the Bible's last chapter that in this tabernacle He will dwell among us eternally. "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God" (Revelation 21:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
The Dispensation of Grace
October 4, 2011

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward" (Ephesians 3:2)

So-called "dispensationalism" has had both its advocates and opponents among Bible-believing Christians.  The Greek word translated "dispensation" (oikonomia), from which we derive our English word "economy," actually means an "economy," or also a "stewardship."

The number and nature of the various "dispensations" or "economies" through which the Creator has dealt with His human creation during the course of history has been the subject of considerable discussion and variation among commentators.  Possible distinct dispensations might include the post-Eden economy instituted after sin and God's curse came into the world, the post-diluvian economy established by Noah after the Flood, and the economy begun by Abraham when God began to work especially with the nation of Israel.  However, none of these are actually called "dispensations" in the Scriptures, so any such listing is bound to be somewhat arbitrary.

There are two dispensations, however, specifically called such in Scripture.  One is the "dispensation of the fulness of times,"  when God will "gather together in one all things in Christ" (Ephesians 1:10).  This will be the eternal economy of the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21-22).

Then there is this present "dispensation of the grace of God."  We, like Paul, have been called as "stewards of the manifold grace of God" (1 Peter 4:10).  So, like Paul, each of us could say that "a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Corinthians 9:17), and that "I am made a minister |or 'servant'|, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me" (Colossians 1:25).  Thus the dispensation of grace is a real stewardship responsibility committed to each believer. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2011

Vital Messages (PART II) to the
Shepherds of the LORD JESUS’ Flocks

Dear Church Leader:

This is a series of important messages to the Shepherds of JESUS' flocks inspired and given by the HOLY SPIRIT in these, the last days.  If you were not aware, we are in the last days and your flocks need to be prepared for the LORD’s wrath now coming to the earth, HIS soon return and that is the purpose of these messages.  The world is growing darker and further away from the LORD’s standard of holiness.  Now is the time for everyone to be ready and to lean into the LORD.

Ezekiel 3:19 (KJV): Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

For those who have written to us and saying that their pastors are saying that the rapture is not for years to come—the trouble with this thing they are doing is that the military, major retailers, and major hospitals are all bar coded and soon the plan is to chip the people with the RFID chip.  The plan is in the works, but already right now people are receiving this chip and TV commercials promoting the use of it are on television NOW.  Since this is the case, for a pastor to say that we are going to be here 10 years out from now they are basically saying to their congregation, "WE ENDORSE THE TAKING OF THE RFID CHIP (THE MARK OF THE BEAST)" because to be here that far out and to deny that the LORD is coming back any time soon you would also have to take the chip to function in society—so its like they are saying it is fine to take the chip because since we believe you will be here years into the future of course you will have to fold into this system to survive and be part of it—it is an endorsement by these ministers to GO AHEAD and take it—do they realize they are doing this?  Because people around the world are already beginning to receive the chip (also available as a mark or tattoo now).  If your pastor is behaving like the LORD's return is not anytime soon—then I don't know what other message they would be sending out but an endorsement to be comfortable with this coming world "human tagging (tracking)" system.  Shame on these pastors—they are leading their people straight into the hands of the devil and giving them the confidence to go out and to take the mark of the beast dooming themselves for eternity.  And these pastors are going to have to answer to GOD for this evil.  I challenge you to challenge them on this.

Revelation 14:9-11 (KJV):  9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand (THE EXACT DETERMINED LOCATION OF THE RFID CHIP/MARK TATTOO),  10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:  11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

I have a dear friend who has been a Christian for 30 years and he is Jewish.  He has been teaching end times for about that long.  He knows Jewish customs/timelines in detail and he says the rapture is going to happen any day now.  He sat down and laid it out for me in detail and he states that the 1948 generation that will not pass away before the rapture event is growing quite old.  He says that as far as signs in the sky this year has been a banner year with multiple solar eclipses in abundance and here’s the deal….the next time according to astronomers that all these eclipses will occur again way into the future, the 1948 crowd which is not supposed to pass away before the rapture event will be long dead.  So we are looking at the perfect storm of end time signs and prophecy.  My friend also showed me an abundance of other Jewish timelines lining up including how God always does things in 7 and 70 year increments and he had this all charted and everything lines up to NOW. 

So now you’ve got disasters, earthquakes, volcanoes erupting—the largest ever flooding, droughts, millions of animals all over the planet dying like never before.  People are having dreams and visions in mass like never before.  Then you have the situation with Israel—everyone is lining up against her: EU, UN, US/Obama, MidE, the Vatican/Pope all surrounding Israel at once.

And now the world as a whole has become so evil it would be impossible for GOD to bless a world that goes against everything HE stands for…

The world embraces evil in all forms: paganism; the occult; pornography; abortion; etc.  The mark of the beast, the RFID chip is ready to rear its ugly head and make the scene as it is already here and being taken voluntarily as so many are racing to doom themselves for eternity.  The entire US military is now bar coded along with all major retailers, and the military will be the first required to be chipped then the citizens.  But we know the chipping won’t be forced until after the rapture, but that is how close the rapture event is because the people are already NOW moving into this system without it being forced on them.

Now GOD does not put out a group of signs in advance to watch for and then when THEY ALL COME TO PASS—because nothing else is needed to happen now as far as conditions for the rapture—and then say: Oh once you see ALL THE SIGNS COMING ABOUT—THE RAPTURE WILL BE A FEW YEARS BEYOND THE SIGNS—NO WAY.  No actually GOD said: BECAUSE you do not know the day or the hour you are to watch.  If there ever was a time in history that GOD would say be on guard, IT IS NOW!

As far as wars, catastrophic events and huge epic disasters—can’t be too rough for the conditions of the rapture to be met because the Bible says they will be eating, drinking and giving in marriage.  Well can’t be too many eating and drinking and marrying if there are a lot of epic disasters going on.  So we are in that window NOW.  The disasters are happening as the Bible outlines, but not too bad so that the people are not lulled out of their marrying and routines.  SO WE ARE IN THE PERFECT STORM OF RAPTURE-PERFECT ENVIRONMENT.  And to tell people any different is leading them into a state of complacency making them think that they have plenty of time and leading them into a dangerous condition of unpreparedness.  Because we do not know the day or hour—we are to watch and not carry around the belief we have plenty of time to kick back and enjoy the world.

NO, the people are taking the chip NOW and dooming themselves and people are leaving the planet in disasters like Japan, Christchurch, NZ, Missouri, Alabama, Chile and where are they going if they have been kicking back thinking they have all the time in the world if their pastors are giving them this message?  They are going to hell if they are not rapture-ready watching because they don’t know the day or the hour.  WE better be telling people the HOUR is NOW and any other school of thought is absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE!

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
The Heart of Stone
October 5, 2011

"Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" (Ephesians 4:18)

The blindness mentioned in our text is the same word used to describe a kind of stone. In verb form, this word indicates a process and means "to make hard or to petrify." Often the word is translated as "hardness."

The people of Israel developed a hard heart and mind toward God and the things of God (2 Corinthians 3:13-15), which continually brought both grief and anger to the Lord Jesus (Mark 3:5). Even the disciples suffered from this hardness (Mark 6:52; 8:17).

Our text is directed toward New Testament believers who are challenged not to become blinded or petrified as are unbelievers. This petrification in the moral realm can be compared to the loss of sensation in the physical realm--a kind of spiritual paralysis as when sensor and motor nerves no longer respond. "Who being past feeling have given themselves over to lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness" (Ephesians 4:19).

Petrification of once-living tissue usually takes place over the course of many years, as each organic molecule decays and is removed, with the space it occupied refilled with stony material dissolved in groundwater percolating through the host material. Or, it may take place as material is injected into the living tissue, thus stopping all life processes. In just such a way, the hardening of the heart can take place slowly, but finally petrification is complete. Petrification of wood can be stopped by removing it from the decay-and-replacement process, but natural processes cannot return it to its former state. Praise God that we can "put on the new man" (v. 24) with a renewed (new) mind and spirit (v. 23), no longer hardened toward the things of God. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2011

The Folly of Polygamy

TEXT: LUKE 3:23-38

"If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated: Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn" (Deuteronomy 21:15,16).

A pastor recently told the story about a man who came often to church; but his family never came with him. One of the church members decided to go into the jungle area where the man lived to meet with the family. He was shocked to discover that this church-attending man had two wives. The visiting church member proceeded to tell the man that according to the Bible, having more than one wife was a sin, and that he must divorce the second wife to qualify for heaven.

The law in our text restrains men from disinheriting their eldest sons out of mere caprice, without just provocation. In the case under consideration, the eldest son, though the son of the less-beloved wife must have his birthright privilege, which was a double portion of the father’s estate. This is because he was the beginning of his strength. The question here is: was polygamy God’s perfect will for them? The obvious answer is no, because it brought about the problem of having one wife beloved and the other hated. The truth is, just as it is not possible to serve two masters, no one can love two women equally.

In handling sensitive issues like polygamy among some church goers, we need to rely on the scripture and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. We need to use Christ’s model of getting people converted before teaching them restitution, as shown in His interaction with Zacchaeus. None of us have the personal power to forsake sin and make sense of our broken lives without the life and power of the indwelling Christ.

Thought for the day:  "Christ is the hope of every man"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2011
GOOD MORNING MY DEAR BRETHREN :

AS THE WORLD BECOMES MORE AND MORE DESENSITIZED TO SIN OUR SOULS ARE GREIVED AS WE ARE HEADING TO DARKER DAYS HERE ON EARTH. MANY ARE CONVINCED THAT THINGS HERE WILL GET BETTER, BUT THE FREEDOM WE ONCE HAD AS CHRISTIANS IS OVER AND PERSECUTIONS OF CHRISTIANS IN AMERICA ARE STARTING TO INCREASE. BUT REMEMBER MY BRETHREN WHAT JESUS SAID: BLESSED ARE YOU WHEN THEY REVILE AND PERSECUTE YOU AND SAY ALL KINDS OF evil AGAINST YOU FALSELY FOR MY SAKE. REJOICE AND BE EXCEEDINDLY GLAD, FOR GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN, FOR SO THEY PERSECUTED THE PROPHETS WHO WERE BEFORE YOU{ MATTHEW 5:11-12 } WE ALL ARE YEARNING TO BE WITH JESUS, EVEN MORE AS WE SEE THE END TIMES ALREADY REVEALED IN OUR SPIRIT. WE START SAYING I WANNA GO HOME! HAVING A DESIRE TO DEPART, AND BE WITH CHRIST; WHICH IS FAR BETTER. { PHILIPPIANS 1:23 } WITHIN THE SOUL OF EVERY PERSON, THERE IS A CRY THAT SAYS, I WANNA GO HOME! OUR SOUL CAME FROM GOD AND LONGS TO RETURN HOME TO BE WITH HIM FOREVER. IN AN UNGODLY HOME, THAT VOICE IS CHOKED OUT IN CHILDHOOD BEFORE IT CAN BE HEARD. THIS WORLD'S PLEASURES MAY SILENCE IT FOREVER. EVEN SINCERE CHRISTIANS TOO OFTEN SMOTHER IT WITH EARTHLY THINGS, SOME THINGS THAT ARE NEEDED, BUT MANY THINGS THAT ARE JUST CLUTTER. WE TEND TO PRIORITIZE COMFORT IN THIS LIFE AND NEGLECT A FOCUS ON THE HOME OF THE SOUL. THE DESIRE FOR THINGS, TO GET AHEAD, AND TO BE A SUCCESS IN LIFE IN AS SHORT A TIME AS POSSIBLE CAN MUFFLE THE CRY OF THE SOUL. HOMESICKNESS FOR HEAVEN IS TYPICAL FOR SERIOUS-MINDED BELIEVERS. FAITH IN CHRIST GIVES US BOTH A HOPE FOR, AND A VISION OF, THAT HOME. HEAVEN IS A PREPARED PLACE FOR A PREPARED PEOPLE. ARE YOU A SERIOUS MINDED BELIEVER? IF YOU TRULY ARE YOU WOULD SET YOUR MIND ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH. FOR YOU DIED, AND YOUR LIFE IS HIDDEN WITH CHRIST IN GOD.WHEN CHRIST WHO IS OUR LIFE APPEARS, THEN YOU ALSO WILL APPEAR WITH HIM IN GLORY{ COLOSSIANS 3:2-4 } GOD BLESS YOU MY BRETHREN, AND ALL OF YOUR FAMILIES

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!
by: Angelo Sanchez
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hastening His Coming
October 6, 2011

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:cool

These very familiar words of the Lord Jesus are commonly considered as a statement of His Great Commission, commanding us to go "into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).  Actually, however, it is not given here as a command, but rather as a declarative statement--indeed, a prophecy--saying that we shall witness for Him to the very ends of the earth.

Then, His disciples were promised that "this same Jesus" would return (Acts 1:11), with the promise clearly tied to the prophecy.  Just a few weeks previously they had asked, "What shall be the sign of thy coming?" (Matthew 24:3).  And Jesus had answered, "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (v. 14).  Mark recorded His answer very simply: "The gospel must first be published among all nations" (Mark 13:10).

Peter says that the Lord may seem to have delayed "the promise of his coming" because He "is longsuffering . . . not willing that any should perish," urging us to "account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation" (2 Peter 3:4, 9, 15), suggesting that we should be "looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God" (2 Peter 3:12).

We can hardly draw any other conclusion from such passages than that if we want the Lord to return quickly, we can hasten His coming by fulfilling His command and His prophecy, doing whatever we can to publish His gospel among all nations. His coming has always been imminent, because this could well have been done--and can be done--at any time.  But it evidently has not been done yet. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
October 4, 2011: Letter from the LORD JESUS, Given to Sabrina:

MY dear children, the time is so near.  Do you realize that?  If you would realize it, then why do you still plan in the distant future?  Why MY children?

If you believe that I, the BRIDEGROOM come soon for MY bride, then why do I still see agendas planned full beyond MY Will?

I tell you, MY children, fill in your agendas, as MY SPIRIT leads you daily.  Trust HIM fully in all things.  This is total surrender.

Trust HIM, MY Beloved SPIRIT.  An agenda planned full beyond MY Will, without consulting MY HOLY SPIRIT, these things are not blessed and as I already said, outside MY Divine WILL.

If you trust HIM daily, consult HIM daily, you walk in MY Perfect Will, and only that I can bless.  Your walk must continuously be checked and led by MY HOLY SPIRIT, HE is your GUIDE, HE alone.

If you are not led by MY SPIRIT, you are beyond MY Will.  Only those, who are led by HIM, are MY children, as MY WORD also says.  Do you realize what this means?

This means: Total and complete daily obedience.  I want to stress the importance of obedience here again, because many walk out of MY Obedience.

Be led by MY SPIRIT!  Ask HIM in all things.  Do not be shy or too proud to consult HIM. HE is your GUIDE.  I have given HIM to you as the Perfect GUIDE and ADVISOR, COMFORTER in everything.

So come and be filled with MY SPIRIT.  Have a deep intimate relationship with MY SPIRIT.  Without HIM, you can do nothing.  It is HIS Power that works through you.  HE is the ONE WHO speaks to you, you hear HIS VOICE, at least, if you are MY children.

For MY sheep hear MY VOICE.  If you are not a sheep, you hear not MY VOICE, but the voice of MY enemy in this world.  And many are led by that voice.

I speak in many ways, by many ways.  So search ME in all your ways.  I am a very good GOD, WHO wants to lead MY children on the right path, the path is narrow, very narrow, but I lead you on the good path.

I AM the GOOD SHEPHERD, MY children.  So come as obedient, humble sheep and let yourselves be led daily by your GOD.  NOW it is crucial to be led by your GOD.  NOW is the time to obey ME in all things.

I test MY children through obedience.  I see what is in their hearts and MY SPIRIT searches the depths of your hearts.  WE know you, WE know your hearts, better then yourselves.

Your own hearts deceive you often, therefore it is important to come before MY THRONE OF GRACE every day, to let your hearts be washed with MY Precious Shed BLOOD, to let yourselves be cleansed by MY Teaching, by MY Purification through obedience.  Do you understand this MY children?

The time comes for MY soon coming.  I come to get MY bride.  She, only she, will be safe in MY Heavenlies, when I come to fetch her home.  Those who remain, will immediately be confronted with the horror and darkness of this world.

MY beloved children, be not proud sheep, who think they know the way, who think that a side road is also good for a season.  I tell you, many come in hell today, because they thought like this, MANY MY children!

MY SPIRIT has new, fresh plans for each of you every day.  So let your agendas be empty and let MY SPIRIT fill it, every day again, so that you would walk in MY Perfect Will, every moment of the day.

So you would be used as pure, obedient, fruitfull vessels in these last hours.  There is much work to do.  I search for obedient children, I search for willing children, who leave behind and give up everything, to be able to walk in MY Perfect Will.

They are MY chosen vessels in these last days.  Be convinced that also you belong in this.

Your Waiting, but Very Soon Coming BRIDEGROOM,

The LORD JESUS CHRIST

[b]
Romans 8:14 (KJV): For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Matthew 4:1 (KJV): Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Matthew 26:39 (KJV): And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 7:21 (KJV): Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Romans 6:16 (KJV): Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Hebrews 5:7-8 (KJV): 7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Psalm 95:7 (KJV): For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

John 10:1-21 (KJV):  I am the good shepherd [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2011
WALK IN THE FRUIT OF MY SPIRIT

James Donovan

As I walked in our garden yesterday I saw the fruit of sowing seeds in the early spring. The plants are bearing fruit; tomatoes, peppers and raspberries. This was the result of the act of planting seeds. Later, as I spent time in His word, The Lord took me to Galatians 5:22-23,”But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law.”

And The Lord said, “Now I am calling forth a people to sow the fruit of the Spirit; a people who press into Me, and are led by My Spirit. For in My Spirit there is liberty and freedom. What a man sows, that he shall also reap; this is the divine law of harvest. I am calling you to fulfill the destiny I have created you for. My will is for you to plant the fruit of My Spirit as you receive it. Then as you walk in the fruit of My Spirit it will be as though seeds are planted wherever you set your feet. The atmosphere around you will change when you are carriers of My Divine Nature. The environment and people around you will be affected when you display the Fruit of My Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is My Divine Nature. I am calling forth a people who will listen to My voice, and carry out what I say to them. The results of these actions will bring a harvest of souls for My Kingdom and My Glory. I desire none shall perish and all shall know Me as Lord and Savior. I am not interested in those who think they have already “arrived”! My heart is for the lost, the hurting, the broken and those who are trapped. In this season the fields are ready. Go forth and sow the fruit of My Spirit, My chosen ones.

I am moving and invading earth with Heaven, and drawing souls unto Me through those who are willing to listen to My voice; those who obey what I tell them to do, and those who are humbly led by My Spirit.

Sow the fruit of My Spirit! It will produce much fruit, and bring forth a harvest of souls for My glory. I want a people who are dedicated to building My Kingdom, not a people who are building up a kingdom of their own. I desire a people whose greatest desire is to give Me all the glory and praise; a people who desire to walk in My love and give it away freely. My Love restores, renews, rejuvenates and brings forth life – ABUNDANT LIFE!

By My grace and mercy you have abundant life and are carriers of My Divine Nature. So arise and walk forth in the fruit of My Spirit.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2011

MY GLORY REIGNS SUPREME! --James Donovan

Arise My servants! I have called you out of the world to be releaser’s of My Life and My Truth. Come and fulfill the plan and destiny I have for you. Yes come and sound the trumpet that I am the GREAT I AM.

I am risen and alive and moving through My people. In Me there is newness of Life. I have come to give you life abundantly. Receive My life and the gift I am offering to you. For where the Spirit is there is liberty and freedom.

So, arise and let My light shine through you My called ones. I am THE GREAT I AM, and I have come to redeem and set My people free. I have called you out of the world to reign with Me, as kings and priests. I have called you and predestined you for a purpose.

Yes, I have called you to be releaser’s of My greatness, and raise up a people who shall be releaser’s of faith and life. I have called My people to do greater signs, wonders, and miracles then Me. I have called you to be releaser’s of My Glory. My Presence reigns supreme over all the nations throughout the world from sea to sea, and throughout all eternity.

I call you to be obedient vessels for Me. Be obedient to My voice. Hear Me! I am the one who has emptied you out. So that I may fill you up with My Spirit. Accept Me and you will be filled with power and might from on high, and you will glorify Me, and sound the trumpet to announce and proclaim ME.

There is much turmoil in the earth; many disasters, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, upset in the financial markets, and much unease. But in Me there is hope and victory. Take courage and step up in faith. I am calling a people to press into Me; to arise in Me, to Shine for Me, to walk by faith and not by what you see with your natural eyes.

Arise and come to Me for daily instruction and guidance, now is not the time to slack off. Press into Me with great diligence, steadfast desire; with hungry and thirsty hearts. In Me you will find everything you need. My hand is upon you beloved; fret not. But be bold and courageous, as you step out of your comfort zone and walk where I tell you to walk, and do all that I tell you to do – no matter how ridiculous or impossible it may sound or seem to you.

Remember this, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ME, and I use the foolish things to confound those who consider themselves wise, that I may prove I reign supreme above all and My ways are not your ways.

So do not bother trying to reason with your mind the things it cannot possibly comprehend or understand. Just obey Me, and you will be greatly blessed, beloveds.

In Me there is victory and triumph; for I am the GREAT I AM. I am your Lord, and I am your King. In Me you move and be, and I have called you to be My kings and priests. Sound the trumpet that I am Alive and well. I am the Deliverer and Redeemer of My people.

So arise and walk by faith, not by sight. Press into Me and hear My voice. Come daily to Me. Touch My garment and receive My healing touch and newness of life; resurrection Life through ME. You are alive and called to fulfill your destiny; to walk in My glory and release My glory. Within you is My river, and it will come up and flow out of you. So don’t quench My Spirit! Let My river flow. Arise and let My light shine through you. My kings and priests, you are called to reign with Me, and invade earth with Heaven.

God Bless,

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.