Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74135 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
[size=13pt]JESUS the ALPHA and OMEGA .

He began His ministry by being hungry, yet He is the Bread of Life.
Jesus ended His earthly ministry by being thirsty, yet He is the Living Water.
Jesus was weary, yet He is our rest.
Jesus paid tribute, yet He is the King.
Jesus was accused of having a demon, yet He cast out demons.
Jesus wept, yet He wipes away our tears.
Jesus was sold for thirty pieces of silver, yet He redeemed the world.
Jesus was brought as a lamb to the slaughter, yet He is the Good Shepherd.
Jesus died, yet by His death He destroyed the power of death.
Jesus also take 39 lashes for our illness and He is our Healer
Jesus lost HIS life,but becomes the giver of ETERNAL LIFE to all that comes to HIM.
Jesus is coming back soon,very soon saint be ready
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2012
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:

“I am a GOD True to MY Word. MY Word is coming to pass.”

(The following letter was given by the LORD to Susan at the request of a church in Africa that wanted a message from the LORD for their service, November 21, 2012)

Let US Begin:

I am here to speak to MY church.

There is an uproar of major proportions coming. It will be coming to the whole earth. I am speaking of the great tribulations. This world is winding down from the direction it has been moving in—all around you can see the world crumbling and coming apart. Truth is not wanted anymore. Those who want it are few and far between.

I am about to show MYSELF LARGER than life to those who are slumbering. They will be startled from their sleep. Soon you will know the fury of MY Wrath. I will use people, weather, circumstances to make MY Point. So don’t be caught asleep when I come for MY alert bride. No one will escape MY Wrath if they are left behind. No one will withstand what is coming. MY Blessing removed—MY Protecting Hand removed—MY enemy’s wrath poured out full force: this is what’s coming.

Prepare to escape when I come for MY true church. Very few are coming. This is an elite group known for their selfless love and devotion to ME: FULLY SURRENDERED to their GOD—FULLY OBEDIENT—READY TO SERVE OUT OF A CHEERFUL HEART—EAGER TO FOLLOW AND PURSUE THE LOST AS MY CAPABLE HANDS AND FEET.

Now is the hour for your redemption and to go after others—tomorrow may be too late. Don’t put off your pursuit of GOD, salvation, and rapture-readiness. These all go hand-in-hand. Don’t let the distractions of this life lead you astray. Face your GOD. Surrender to MY Holy Face, repent freely and frequently.

Very few will be rescued. Let this warning be heeded. I cannot wait on MY bride forever. She is beautiful and I am ready for MY Wedding Celebration. Come while “Coming to your GOD” is available. Don’t miss MY Offer. Many will not make it. This is a True Word. I do not mean to frighten you—only to awake you.

MY Truth stands the test of time. I am a GOD True to MY Word. MY Word is coming to pass. Don’t disregard what has already been written and even now is happening exactly as I said it would.

Come and receive MY Hand of Rescue. Regrets will be high to those who could have received MY Salvation but chose to ignore it for the ways of the world. Woe to those who love the world and reject their GOD.

I am coming. Are you ready?

This is your LORD

KING of kings, LORD of lords[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:

Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

1 Peter 4:18 (KJV): And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (KJV): I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV): 20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Matthew 7:13 (KJV): Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Psalm 2:12 (KJV): Kiss the SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Matthew 18:8 (KJV): Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
Philippians 2:12 (KJV): Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
‎'THREE WISHES OF MINE - IS LIKE SWEET WINE'
Manju Suri

The deaf and dumb mute played his game, in trying to put me to shame, with his sly wicked scheme
But my God is so Great Mighty and Strong, he sent his angel to bring along, a better plan to redeem
How can I ever doubt in what he has said, its written on my heart with the blood he shed, made me whole
He never came to destroy the universe, instead to save us from every curse, airing love from north to south pole

What an awful slip and fall I had, howling and wailing like mad, only he looked sad, to see my pathetic situation
But I was hurrying to make haste, simply to consume a honey taste, all went waste, to complete my composition
Now he asks of me giving me a chance, to his melodious tune I will dance, 'make three wishes which I will fulfill
Do not take too long to think, you may lose an opportunity at the edge of a brink, bow down on knees to my will'

I focused my eyes upon his throne, what wish could I make to be my own, not requiring materialistic loan, whom should I tell
All the days given to me are by the King, to the old rugged Cross I cling, a joyful song to sing, healing comes from his dwell
My head is reeling in turmoil, as a pot of kettle on fire to boil, like a frightened child to curl up and coil, finding no words to speak
Who will come to my aid, I kept pondering for other thoughts to fade, recalling his words 'the Holy Spirit will open up your beak'

I can feel the fire rising within, with a strength that I can win, for I am cleansed by his blood from every sin, now no condemnation
Help me to overcome my unbelief, come and give me relief, I will turn over into a new leaf, with your graceful gesture for my salvation
I have given a thought over and over again, people call me madly insane, my first wish is for your love to forever remain, come and abide
And I will live in your heart and soul, with your blazing fire coal, you will lead and guide to achieve my goal, now none is left to rebuke and chide

Two wishes of mine I have kept on hold, till every man sees and hears your story to unfold, you are the only one who has conquered death
So I wish to be a part of your life, as a faithful bridal wife, you have helped me in overcoming every strife, through you alone I breathe a breath
Father of life draw me closer now, a last wish I have to make with my head to bow, standing in the pattern of your grace somehow, all you give I take
Forever you father me, accept my repentance today whole world to see, you have opened a new door with my faith as your key, I wish to live for Christ's sake.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Conformity
November 28, 2012.

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29).

One of the greatest dangers facing Christians is the temptation to become conformed to the things of the world around them, thus destroying their testimony for the Lord. We are specifically commanded, in fact, "Be not conformed to this world" (Romans 12:2). One cannot serve two masters, and the great privilege of the believer is the privilege of becoming conformed, not to a dying world, but to the living Christ.

But first we must be conformed to His death, dying to the world and its standards. The greatest desire of the apostle Paul was to "win Christ. . . . That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death" (Philippians 3:8, 10).

Death is far from the end, however. When Christ returns, He "shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21). In this verse, the Greek for "fashioned like" is the same as "conformed to." These corruptible, dying bodies we now live in will one day be changed. As Christ rose from the dead, we also shall rise, and our bodies, like His, will be alive forevermore.

Even that wonderful prospect is not the best of it, however. Not only will our bodies be incorruptible like His, but we shall be like Him--like Him in holiness, like Him in love, like Him in wisdom. "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him" (1 John 3:2). In the words of our text, we are actually predestined to be conformed to the very image of the Son of God! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
The Living Word/The Word of Life
November 29, 2012.

"Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain" (Philippians 2:16).

There is such beautiful correlation between the Living Word (Christ) and the written Word (the Bible) that certain Scriptures could well apply to either one. Such is the case with our text. The Philippians were exhorted to hold forth the Word of life, which presumably could mean either Christ, the Living Word, or else the Scriptures, which speak of eternal life.

The same dual meaning can be discerned in such texts as 2 Timothy 4:2 ("Preach the word" ) and Hebrews 4:12 ("The word of God is quick, and powerful" ). In fact, there are many beautiful figures of speech that are applied in the Bible to the ministries of both Christ and the Scriptures in a believer's life.

For example, Christ is "the light of the world" (John 8:12), but also, "the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light" (Proverbs 6:23). Similarly Jesus said, "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35), but He also said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God" (Luke 4:4).

The Lord Jesus Christ said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (John 7:37). God also promised that "as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, . . . So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth" (Isaiah 55:10-11).

Both are described as the very personification of truth. Jesus said, "I am . . . the truth," and He prayed to the Father, "Thy word is truth" (John 14:6; 17:17). Finally, both must be received: "receive . . . the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls" (James 1:21), for "as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God" (John 1:12). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
He Is Able
November 30, 2012.

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:20).

Despite man's arrogant pride, he is utterly unable to save himself or to make himself acceptable to God. Neither is he able to keep himself saved nor, above all, is he able to defeat sin and conquer death.

But God is able! The word "able" (Greek dunamai) is closely related to the word for "power" (Greek dunamis), both speaking of God's spiritual dynamics. He is all powerful, His ability is without limit, and His power "works in us!"

Therefore, "he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him" (Hebrews 7:25). Because the gospel of Christ is the "power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:16), God "is of power to stablish you according to my gospel" (Romans 16:25).

Even when great troubles and sorrows and temptations come, He is able. "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18 ). He "is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 24).

In fact, He is able to meet every need of our lives and even to use us in His service. "God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8 ).

Finally, "he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" (2 Timothy 1:12). That day will surely come, but then He will give us bodies of glory, for "he is able even to subdue all things unto himself" (Philippians 3:21). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Did He Really Die?
December 1, 2012.

"And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead. And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph" (Mark 15:44-45).

The absolute and total physical death of Christ is essential to the gospel. Certain liberals and detractors have for years tried to obscure or deny this vital teaching, claiming that Christ merely "swooned" on the cross and later revived in the tomb, then appeared to His followers who falsely claimed His resurrection.

But to the Christian, the death of Christ is not an option. The Bible teaches that sin had separated each man from God, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God," being declared righteous only "through faith in his blood" (Romans 3:23, 25) which was shed on the cross. "Without shedding of blood is no remission" of sin (Hebrews 9:22). There can be no Christianity without the real death of the real, sinless Son of God.

It seems that the gospel writers, in recounting the events of the crucifixion, go to great lengths to make sure no one misunderstands. In Mark 15, for example, nearly 20 people are mentioned who no doubt would testify to His death. Consider the likely testimony of the Roman guards who had tortured Him to the point of death (vv. 15-23), nailed Him on the cross (v. 24), and watched Him die. The executioner (v. 25) and the centurion (vv. 39, 44-45) were trained in killing. They knew how to recognize death. The thieves (v. 27), the mocking passers-by (v. 29), the chief priests and scribes (v. 31), the grave keepers (v. 46), all would have had no doubt. Pilate was convinced (vv. 44-45), as were His many friends who watched (vv. 40-41, 47).

There can be no doubt Christ surely died, and He died "to give his life a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
miss_bola:

JUST WANT TO ASK THAT AS A CHRISTIAN, DO WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD? SON OF GOD? WHICH ONE IS IT?

Did Jesus himself said it in the Bible?

Pls let me know. thanks

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was incarnated as the Son of man so as to make man become the sons of God. The Son of God is God the Son, He has the nature of God. Read John 1:1-3.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
The Urgency of Christ's Work
December 2, 2012.

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9:4).

It is striking how often the Lord Jesus used the term "must" in connection with the different aspects of the work He came to do. Since He is our example, we also must be serious and urgent about our Father's work. Even as a boy in the temple He told His parents, "I must be about my Father's business" (Luke 2:49).

Then early in His ministry, as He went from place to place, He said, "I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent" (Luke 4:43). Toward the end of His earthly ministry, He said one day, "I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem" (Luke 13:33). He also said to His disciples that "he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21).

He had told the great teacher of Israel, Nicodemus, "Ye must be born again." To explain how this could be, He then said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:7, 14-15). Before we could ever be born again to everlasting life, therefore, Christ must be lifted up on the cross to die for our sins.

Still, all "the scriptures must be fulfilled" (Mark 14:49), and accordingly, "he must rise again from the dead" (John 20:9). Yet, even this did not fully complete "the works of Him that sent me," for Christ had said that "the gospel must first be published among all nations" (Mark 13:10). Therefore, we also must work the works of Him who sent us, before our days of opportunity are gone. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Scattered Abroad
December 4, 2012.

"So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city" (Genesis 11:8 ).

The verse above is a summary statement of God’s judgment at Babel, at which time God confused the languages of the people there and dispersed them throughout the earth. These original nations--all descended from Noah and his three sons--are listed in what is called the "Table of Nations" in Genesis 10. As time went on, the people proliferated into still more nations and languages and migrated still farther from Babel until finally, as the verse says, they were scattered "upon the face of all the earth."

Christopher Columbus was a brave explorer and skilled navigator, as well as a diligent Bible student and convinced Christian. However, he did not "discover America," as he is said to have done on October 12 in 1492. Neither did Leif Ericsson or any other adventurer whose name has been suggested for this honour.

The Indians discovered America! Archaeologists have found Indian artifacts at occupation sites dating well before the time of Christ at many places in America. And wherever these early tribes went, they carried with them the pantheistic religion taught to their ancestors at Babel by Nimrod there in that first great city after the Flood.

Many centuries later, however, there was another great scattering with a much different purpose and motivation. "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went everywhere preaching the word" (Acts 8:4). This time, it was not a false religion that was being carried with them, but the saving gospel of Christ who had commanded His followers, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15), even "unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8 ). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Forget Not His Commandments
December 5, 2012.

"My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments" (Proverbs 3:1).

It is vitally important that, even though we are saved by grace and not by the works of the law, we never forget that God's law is essentially a statement of God's holiness. We should desire to know and follow God's commandments simply because they are "holy, and just, and good" (Romans 7:12), not because we seek salvation through them.

It is noteworthy that the anonymous writer of the longest chapter in the Bible (Psalm 119), in which practically every verse refers to the Scriptures, stressed seven times that he would never forget the laws and commandments of his Lord. May the Lord teach us to share the same determination. Note:

"I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word" (v. 16).

"For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes" (v. 83).

"I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me" (v. 93).

"My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law" (v. 109).

"I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts" (v. 141).

"Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law" (v. 153).

"I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments" (v. 176).

This seventh reference is actually the closing verse of this remarkable 119th Psalm. It beautifully points up the urgency of not forgetting the commandments of God. He will seek us when we stray and bring us back home to Him, for we remember and love His law. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2012
[size=13pt]Division or Separation of Sanctification....

God is sanctifying a people unto His name and purposes. He is forming a humble, holy people consecrated, called out and spiritually assembled as His Body on earth.
There is nothing religious and not even a hint of elitism in the called-out, humble, love-filled, powerful, bondservants of the Lord.
The call is to come out of worldliness mixtures and become purified, holy sons and daughters of God in the beauties of holiness – strengthened of the Lord in the day of His power.
The womb of the morning is the place of the beginnings of the beauties of holiness – the dawning of the day of His power to cleanse the world from that which exalts itself against God.
It is the beginning of the enemies of the Lord being made His footstoo
The call is to come out and come to the Father of all Heaven and Earth....
Those who despise the name of Jesus and hate God’s people continue to persecute and viciously attack those who are of God. Precious people who seek to follow Christ are being murdered.
Entire villages are destroyed and the people brutally killed because they are followers of Christ.
Neighborhoods of believers are being driven out or killed losing their homes and the lives they have known.
Godly women and girls are raped. Men and women are cast into prison and tortured. Nations are being taken over by those who have in their heart to destroy the name of God and all of His people from the earth. This is real. This is People abiding in God and He in them, do not sin. It is not possible for us to abide in God and continue to walk in disobedience, rebellion, and lawlessness against God.now.... ( This is NOW!
[/size]

1 John 4:7-8: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 John 4:1-3: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of Antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
These verses do not refer to the first incarnation of Christ.. They refer to the current indwelling of the Spirit of Christ Jesus in the living flesh of His called out people....
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by charlesbright(m): 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
God is good and his goodness endures for ever!
Forever I will praise you Lord!

Click http://www.facebook.com/dhopeofglory Like this page and share with at least 10 friends! Get inspired with God's word and loads of inspiring pictures!

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
Be Diligent
December 7, 2012.

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge" (2 Peter 1:5).

The importance of diligence is urged by Peter as basic in the development of the seven other virtues listed by him--that is, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity--as vital additions to our faith. Diligence is seldom considered as a particular Christian attribute, but it is essential if we really desire to develop the other Christian virtues in our lives. They do not come by wishing or hoping. Peter also exhorts us to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure" (v. 10), and then to "be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless" (3:14).

Essentially the same Greek word is also translated "study" and "labour" and "endeavour." Paul commands, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). He beseeches us always to be "endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:3). We are even told to "labour therefore to enter into that rest" (Hebrews 4:11).

There are many other such exhortations in which Christian diligence is urged or shown in reference to other Christian virtues. There is one key verse, however, in which diligence itself is commanded as a Christian duty: "Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord" (Romans 12:11). Here the word "business" is the same as "diligence." That is, each Christian is commanded to "be diligent in diligence!"

Christian salvation is received solely by grace through faith. The Christian life, however, demands diligence. Can we not, as today's verse commands, give all diligence in our service to the Lord who gave His life for us? HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Be Diligent
December 7, 2012.

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge" (2 Peter 1:5).

The importance of diligence is urged by Peter as basic in the development of the seven other virtues listed by him--that is, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity--as vital additions to our faith. Diligence is seldom considered as a particular Christian attribute, but it is essential if we really desire to develop the other Christian virtues in our lives. They do not come by wishing or hoping. Peter also exhorts us to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure" (v. 10), and then to "be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless" (3:14).

Essentially the same Greek word is also translated "study" and "labour" and "endeavour." Paul commands, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). He beseeches us always to be "endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:3). We are even told to "labour therefore to enter into that rest" (Hebrews 4:11).

There are many other such exhortations in which Christian diligence is urged or shown in reference to other Christian virtues. There is one key verse, however, in which diligence itself is commanded as a Christian duty: "Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord" (Romans 12:11). Here the word "business" is the same as "diligence." That is, each Christian is commanded to "be diligent in diligence!"

Christian salvation is received solely by grace through faith. The Christian life, however, demands diligence. Can we not, as today's verse commands, give all diligence in our service to the Lord who gave His life for us? HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by manmustwac(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2012
Due to the fact that this topic is not as popular as it used to be (backin the days). It has been decided to remove it from sticky & replace it with this one The Christian's Chatbox.
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christians-chatbox
I am sincerely sorry & would like to thank OLAAGDEGBU & Grace5 especially for your commitment to this topic throughout the years its been on sticky. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2012
manmustwac: Due to the fact that this topic is not as popular as it used to be (backin the days). It has been decided to remove it from sticky & replace it with this one The Christian's Chatbox.
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christians-chatbox
I am sincerely sorry & would like to thank OLAAGDEGBU & Grace5 especially for your commitment to this topic throughout the years its been on sticky. smiley

You say over 31,000 views is not popular? The fact that many folks view the thread for admonition and edification should tell you otherwise, anyways it's your call enjoy. wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
Mt. Ararat and the Resurrection
December 8, 2012.

"And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat" (Genesis 8:4).

The story of Noah's preservation through the awful Flood has been recognised by all Bible students as a beautiful picture of the resurrection. It is, of course, a true story which actually happened the way the Bible describes, but is also a beautiful analogy.

The Flood was sent as a judgment upon the sinful world of Noah's day (Genesis 6:5-7, 11-13, 17). The "wages of sin" (Romans 6:23) has always been death. But God provided a way of salvation (i.e., the Ark which Noah built) to those eight souls who believed, Noah and his family (Genesis 6:8-9, 14-16, 18-22).

Although the analogy is not perfect, it does beautifully illustrate the fact that the punishment for sin is still death, and that God has provided a perfect way of salvation to those who believe in His Son Jesus Christ and in His death on the cross.

In that light, it is interesting to note the date in today's verse, which has great significance. The calendar was changed by God at the time of the Passover, another beautiful prefigure of Christ's work. The seventh month became the first month (Exodus 12:2), and the Passover was to be observed on the fourteenth day of that month (v. 6) each year following. "Christ our passover" (1 Corinthians 5:7) was sacrificed for us on that day (John 19:14) and rose again the third day, the seventeenth day of the first (formerly the seventh) month.

This was the anniversary of the landing of Noah's Ark on the mountains of Ararat, providing its inhabitants new life following judgment of the world and its destruction because of sin. What a blessed picture of our new resurrection life based on Christ's death for our sins. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2012
[size=13pt]
Words of the LORD:

“Evil is gathering its forces together against mankind to destroy the children of men.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, December 3, 2012)

I am ready to give you Words:

The hour approaches for MY Return. Soon the people will see they are being held captive by a cruel and harsh enemy. This enemy is so cruel and harsh, he wants to destroy and kill and pull MY children away from ME. I will not be able to keep MY children out of his hands if they persist in rejecting ME—their SAVIOR.

Only I can save you, but you must turn to ME. I cannot help you if you reject ME—you render ME useless in your life if you deny MY Existence. I must have control of your life through your FULL Surrender to ME before I can rescue you from the hand and wiles of MY enemy. HE is ruthless in his dealings with men. He knows how to lead men astray.

You are no match for him apart from ME, your LORD. I am the only ONE WHO has ALL POWER over him. I am the only ONE WHO can control him and render him useless in your life. Until you come to terms with this, you will be tormented by him in one form or another. He brings pain and suffering on all MY children in this fallen world. Only by MY Blood Covering received through a FULL surrender of your life over to ME can you be safe from the evil attacks he launches against you.

You must face ME. Repent of your lifetime of sin against your GOD and MAKER conducted under the control and leadership of MY enemy, who runs your life. Until you surrender your ALL into MY Hands and Safekeeping, you are not safe apart from ME as your LORD and MASTER. You are fair game of MY enemy and you will ultimately fall prey to his tricks and control over your life. Your destiny will be eternal hell, torture, and torment. This is by his design. He wants you to suffer in this life and the next. He rules you if you are not surrendered to ME. Although you believe you are your own ruler, you are under the control and leadership of an evil master apart from ME, your CREATOR.

Come to your senses—time is running out. Evil is gathering its forces together against mankind to destroy the children of men. Why do you waffle about this decision? Is the world so gratifying that you want to be apart from your MAKER for all eternity? This is your choice to make.

If you choose against ME, I will honor your choice and cast you away from MY Presence for ALL time to come. Your decision will then be final and eternal and there will be no turning back. Choose this day who you will serve—your enemy and MINE OR your CREATOR, GOD, and LOVER. You decide. Time is not on your side.

I am GOD ETERNAL[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scriptures:

John 10:10 (KJV): The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Matthew 10:28 (KJV): And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear HIM which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 12:31 (KJV): Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the HOLY GHOST shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 24:12 (KJV): And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Luke 10:17 (KJV): And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, LORD, even the devils are subject unto us through THY Name.

Matthew 7:13 (KJV): Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Faint Not
December 9, 2012.

"For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds" (Hebrews 12:3).

The Christian life and ministry can grow wearisome and hard at times, but with Christ Himself as our example, the Lord admonishes us not to faint, but always to press on.

If our prayers seem to go unanswered, He reminds us that "men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1). When we grow tired and are tempted to quit, the Scriptures assure us that "in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9).

When God has entrusted us with a certain ministry, we need to learn to say, as with Paul, "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not" (2 Corinthians 4:1). As we see God's mercy-drops of blessing begin to fall, we then can say, as he did, "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Corinthians 4:16). We can even encourage others to faint not, as He did: "Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory" (Ephesians 3:13).

The same Greek word is translated "weary" in 2 Thessalonians 3:13: "Be not weary in well doing." Finally, even when God has to rebuke us, we must learn to take it patiently. "Despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him" (Hebrews 12:5).

But with all these strong exhortations to faint not, we also need to know just how we can obtain the needed strength to keep on keeping on. The answer is in God's great counsel to Isaiah: "They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Blessed Is He
December 10, 2012.

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity" (Psalm 32:1-2).

What true believer is there who is not eternally thankful for the truths found in today's verse? Sins of omission, sins of commission, sins of deliberate action, sins of the heart, youthful sins, covert sins, "big" sins, "little" sins, etc. What a thrill to know that the penalty for our sins has been paid in full, if we but accept His free gift. What rejoicing and freedom forgiveness brings.

Note that there are three different expressions for wrongdoing in today's verse--transgression, sin, and iniquity. The differences in these words are not insignificant, but precise differentiation is beyond the scope of this discussion. Suffice it to say that they can be understood to mean the whole gamut of sinful activity.

Likewise there are three separate aspects of God's forgiving grace mentioned, "forgiven . . . covered . . . not imputed." In every way possible our sin is removed from us, and no more payment is necessary.

However, God's forgiveness must be conditioned on the individual's action. A lack of action results in the bearing of the sin, the guilt, and the consequences, again specified in a threefold manner. "My bones waxed old . . . my roaring . . . thy hand was heavy upon me" (vv. 3-4).

In keeping with the pattern of the psalm, three such actions are mentioned. "I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD" (v. 5). The result? "And thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin."

Because of all this, we should have a threefold response: "Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart" (v. 11). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Without Natural Affection
December 11, 2012.

"Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful" (Romans 1:31).

This phrase "without natural affection" is the translation of one Greek word, astergeo. It was a characteristic of many pagans of the ancient world. Significantly, it is also prophesied to be a characteristic of the humanistic pagans of the end-times. "In the last days . . . men shall be . . . without natural affection" (2 Timothy 3:1-3). These are the only two occurrences of this word in the New Testament.

The word stergeo ("natural affection" ) is one of four Greek words for "love," but it is never used at all in the New Testament. It refers to the natural love that members of the same family have for each other. It is such a common characteristic of all peoples that there was apparently no occasion to refer to it at all--except when it is not present, when people lose their instinctive love for their own parents and children, and thus are "without natural affection." One thinks of the widespread abortion of these last days, as well as the modern breakdown of the family in general.

Another Greek word for "love" is eros, referring to romantic love, or passion. Like stergeo, eros also is never used in the New Testament. The other two words, however, are used frequently. Phileo, referring to "brotherly love," occurs over thirty times. It indicates fondness, based on a community of interest with the person or persons so "loved."

The fourth "love" word, of course, is agape, which is used over 300 times. This is the type of love called out of one's heart by the preciousness of the object loved, the love that impels one to sacrifice his own interests for the benefit of the person loved. This is the love of Christ, who "loved me, and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). And this is the love generated by the Holy Spirit in the believer for "the fruit of the Spirit is love." (Galatians 5:22). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
A New Name
December 12, 2012.

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity" (Psalm 32:1-2).

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it" (Revelation 2:17)

This intriguing promise is one of seven promises in Christ's letters to seven representative churches--promises made "to him that overcometh." Although there are various opinions as to who constitute these overcomers, 1 John 5:4 would indicate that "whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

On this assumption, all who have been truly born again through faith in Christ will someday be given a new name by their Lord. No one will know what his new name will be until he receives it, and even then it may remain unknown to everyone else.

It would be reasonable to assume, however, that each new name will reflect the Lord's evaluation of the character and service of the one who receives it. We have the primitive examples of Abram, Sarai, and Jacob being given new names by God, perhaps to serve as types of this coming investiture. Abram became "Abraham" (meaning "Father of Multitudes" ), Sarai became "Sarah" (meaning "Princess" ), and Jacob became "Israel" (meaning "Prevailing Prince with God" ). See Genesis 17:5, 15; 32:28.

Whatever each of our new names will turn out to be, our Saviour will also know them, of course, and this will perhaps be how we will be addressed by Him from then on in the new earth. This should be a great incentive to godly living and faithful service here on this present earth, for we surely desire to receive a good name there from our Lord on the future earth. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
[size=13pt]
+ "Teach My people the extreme importance of "words" for the time is short and My judgement is about to intensify to a degree heretofore unseen in their midst [1 Peter 4:17].
And truly I say to you, every "idle" word shall be shown for "exactly" what it is - a "tool" of Satan and his forces to carry out their evil schemes against My beloved children!
For too long many in delegated authority have "casually" spoken words that have "promoted" worldliness in the hearts and lives of the "hearers" and, thus,
"double-mindedness" became a common thing in the midst of many congregations.
I shall remove "all" worldliness - and the spirit thereof - from the midst of the congregations of My righteous ones in this hour for I shall send forth My holy apostles and prophets from the Throne Room, and the Spirit of judgement and burning shall flow forth in great "torrents" to both expose and consume ALL that is apart from "Christ" - the Anointed One and His anointing. [/size]

[b]
...."You offspring of vipers [Pharisees]! How can you speak good things when you are evil (wicked)? For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man from his inner good treasure flings forth good things, and the evil man out of his inner evil storehouse flings forth evil things. But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak".... Matthew 12:34-36 The Amplified Translation

...."Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor and empowerment) to those who hear it".... Ephesians 4:29 The Amplified Translation

...."It will come about that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy - everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem. When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and purged the bloodshed of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and the spirit of burning, then the LORD will create over the whole area of Mount Zion and over her assemblies a cloud by day, even smoke, and the brightness of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory will be a canopy. There will be a shelter to give shade from the heat by day, and refuge and protection from the storm and the rain".... Isaiah 4:3-6 NASB [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
Seek Ye First
December 13, 2012.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

Our verse for today has become a favorite memory verse for millions and has even been set to music by a number of artists. Indeed, its truth is of foundational importance. Let us look with care at what it says.

First, notice that the tense of the verb "seek" in Greek implies a command to establish an ongoing habit or lifestyle of "seeking" the things of the kingdom. We are commanded to put first things first on a continual basis and watch Him take care of the items of secondary interest.

We should strive to make His priorities our priorities--to so mold our thinking by the Word of God that we think as He does on every issue. Our lives should exhibit the purity and righteousness that He exhibited when on earth. While it is true that we will never fully achieve such perfection this side of heaven, we should be striving, i.e., "seeking" to do so, by the power of His Spirit living in us.

The chapter surrounding today's verse is permeated by the concept of proper priorities in relation to pride (vv. 5-8, 16-18 ), treasures on earth (vv. 19-21), singleness of purpose (vv. 22-23), serving two masters (v. 24), or anxious thoughts about the future (vv. 25-32, 34). Remember, "your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things" (v. 32).

If we reverse the proper order, not only will we not attain kingdom priorities and His righteousness, but we will probably miss the secondary "things" as well. The word "added," a mathematical word, implies the prior existence of something to which other things can be added.

Surely in our "seeking" we should also adopt the prayer Jesus taught His disciples, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (v. 10). JDM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
[b]A Prayer I found useful for anyone!

Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before you. I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as my protection. I surrender myself completely and unreservedly in every area of my life to You. I take a stand against all the workings of satan that would hinder me in my prayer life. I address myself only to the True and Living God and refuse any involvement of satan in my prayer. Satan, I command you, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to leave my presence with all your demons.

I bring the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ between us. It surrounds me like a mighty wall that you cannot penetrate. Heavenly Father, I worship You and give You praise. I recognize that You are worthy to receive all glory and honor and praise. I renew my allegiance to You and pray that the blessed Holy Spirit would enable me in this time of prayer. I am thankful, Heavenly Father, that You have loved me from past eternity and that You sent the Lord Jesus Christ into the world to die as my substitute. I am thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ came as my representative and that through Him You have completely forgiven me; You have adopted me into your family; You have assumed all responsibility for me; You have given me eternal life; You have given me the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ so I am now justified. I am thankful that in Him, you have made me complete, and that You have offered Yourself to me to be my daily help and strength. Heavenly Father, open my eyes that I might see how great You are and how complete Your provision is for this day. I am thankful that the victory the Lord Jesus Christ won for me on the Cross and in His resurrection has been given to me and that I am seated with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies.
I take my place with Him in he heavenlies and recognize by faith that all wicked spirits and Satan himself are under my feet. I declare, therefore, that satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the Armor You have provided. I put on the Girdle of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Sandals of Peace and the Helmet of Salvation. I lift up the Shield of Faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy; and I take in my hand the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. I choose to use Your Word against all the forces of evil in my life. I put on this Armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon You, blessed Holy Spirit. I am grateful, Heavenly Father, that the Lord Jesus Christ spoiled all principalities and powers and made a show of them openly and triumphed over them in Himself. I claim all that victory for my life today. I reject all the insinuations, and accusations, and the temptations of Satan. I affirm that the Word of God is true and I choose to live today in the light of God's Word. I choose, Heavenly Father, to live in obedience to You and in fellowship with Yourself.

Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please You. Work in me to cleanse me from all ground that would give satan a foothold against me. I do in every way stand into all that it means to be Your adopted child and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit. By faith and in dependence upon You, I put off the fleshly works of the evil one and stand into all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from the old nature. I put on the Your holiness and stand into all the victory of the resurrection and the provision He has made for me to live above sin. Therefore, today I put off all forms of selfishness and put on the new nature with its love.

I put off all forms of fear and put on the new nature with its courage. I put off all forms of weakness and put on the new nature with its strength. I put off all forms of lust and put on the new nature with its righteousness, purity, and honesty. I am trusting You to show me how to make this practical in my daily life. In every way I stand into the victory of the ascension and glorification of the Lord Jesus Christ, whereby all the principalities and powers were made subject to Him.

I claim my place in Christ as victorious with Him over all the enemies of my soul. Blessed Holy Spirit, I pray that You would fill me. Come into my life, break down every idol and cast out every foe. I am thankful, Heavenly Father, for the expression of Your will for my daily life as You have shown me in Your Word. I, therefore, claim all the will of God for today. I am thankful that You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that You have begotten me unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I am thankful that You have made a provision so that today I can live filled with the Spirit of God with love and joy and peace, with long-suffering, gentleness and goodness, with meekness, faithfulness and self-control in my life.

I recognize that this is Your will for me and I therefore reject and resist all the endeavors of satan and his wicked spirits to rob me of the will of god. I refuse in this day to believe my feelings and I hold up the Shield of Faith against all the accusations and distortion and insinuations that satan would put into my mind. I claim the fullness of the will of God for my life today. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I completely surrender myself to You, Heavenly Father, as a living sacrifice. I choose not to be conformed to this world. I choose to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, and I pray that You would show me Your will and enable me to walk in all the fullness of Your will today.

I am thankful, Heavenly Father, that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, to the casting down of imagination and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge God, and to bring every thought into obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, in my own life today I tear down the strongholds of satan and smash the plans of satan that have been formed against me. I tear down the strongholds of satan against my mind, and I surrender my mind to You, blessed Holy Spirit.

I affirm, Heavenly Father, that You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. I break and smash the strongholds of satan formed against my emotions today and I give my emotions to you. I smash the strongholds of satan formed against my will today, I give my will to You and choose to make the right decisions of faith. I smash the strongholds of satan formed against my body today, I give my body to You recognizing that I am your temple. I rejoice in Your mercy and goodness.
Heavenly Father, I pray that now and through this day You would strengthen and enlighten me. Show me the way satan is hindering and tempting and lying and distorting the truth in my life. Enable me to be the kind of person that would please You. Enable me to be aggressive in prayer and faith. Enable me to be aggressive mentally, to think about and practice Your Word, and to give You Your rightful place in my life. Again, I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and pray that You, blessed Holy Spirit, would bring all the work of the crucifixion, all the work of the resurrection, all the work of the glorification, and all the work of Pentecost into my life today.

I surrender myself to You. I refuse to be discouraged. You are the God of all hope. You have proven Your power by resurrecting Jesus Christ from the dead, and I claim in every way this victory over all the satanic forces in my life. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving and praise to You, alone. Amen.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
What Paul Knew
December 14, 2012.

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know" (1 Corinthians 8:2).

There are many things which none of us can know--not even the apostle Paul. Yet even with his realistic modesty, there are certain key truths which Paul could affirm with certainty, and so can we on the same grounds as he.

One essential thing each of us should know first of all is this: "I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing" (Romans 7:18 ). A person needs to know that he is a lost and hopeless sinner before he will ever really come to Christ for salvation.

Once a lost sinner does receive Christ as Saviour, however, he then should be able to declare with Paul the certainty of his own salvation. "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" (2 Timothy 1:12).

The Christian life, once begun, is not necessarily easy. With Paul, in fact, it involved "labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, . . . In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness" (2 Corinthians 11:23, 27). Yet he could say with confidence, "We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28 ).

Because of such an assurance, he could also say, "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound" (Philippians 4:11-12). Whatever life might bring, it could never shake his certainty of the life to come. "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens" (2 Corinthians 5:1). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
grace5:

[b]A Prayer I found useful for anyone!

Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before you. I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as my protection. I surrender myself completely and unreservedly in every area of my life to You. I take a stand against all the workings of satan that would hinder me in my prayer life. I address myself only to the True and Living God and refuse any involvement of satan in my prayer. Satan, I command you, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to leave my presence with all your demons.

I bring the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ between us. It surrounds me like a mighty wall that you cannot penetrate. Heavenly Father, I worship You and give You praise. I recognize that You are worthy to receive all glory and honor and praise. I renew my allegiance to You and pray that the blessed Holy Spirit would enable me in this time of prayer. I am thankful, Heavenly Father, that You have loved me from past eternity and that You sent the Lord Jesus Christ into the world to die as my substitute. I am thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ came as my representative and that through Him You have completely forgiven me; You have adopted me into your family; You have assumed all responsibility for me; You have given me eternal life; You have given me the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ so I am now justified. I am thankful that in Him, you have made me complete, and that You have offered Yourself to me to be my daily help and strength. Heavenly Father, open my eyes that I might see how great You are and how complete Your provision is for this day. I am thankful that the victory the Lord Jesus Christ won for me on the Cross and in His resurrection has been given to me and that I am seated with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies.
I take my place with Him in he heavenlies and recognize by faith that all wicked spirits and Satan himself are under my feet. I declare, therefore, that satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the Armor You have provided. I put on the Girdle of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Sandals of Peace and the Helmet of Salvation. I lift up the Shield of Faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy; and I take in my hand the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. I choose to use Your Word against all the forces of evil in my life. I put on this Armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon You, blessed Holy Spirit. I am grateful, Heavenly Father, that the Lord Jesus Christ spoiled all principalities and powers and made a show of them openly and triumphed over them in Himself. I claim all that victory for my life today. I reject all the insinuations, and accusations, and the temptations of Satan. I affirm that the Word of God is true and I choose to live today in the light of God's Word. I choose, Heavenly Father, to live in obedience to You and in fellowship with Yourself.

Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please You. Work in me to cleanse me from all ground that would give satan a foothold against me. I do in every way stand into all that it means to be Your adopted child and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit. By faith and in dependence upon You, I put off the fleshly works of the evil one and stand into all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from the old nature. I put on the Your holiness and stand into all the victory of the resurrection and the provision He has made for me to live above sin. Therefore, today I put off all forms of selfishness and put on the new nature with its love.

I put off all forms of fear and put on the new nature with its courage. I put off all forms of weakness and put on the new nature with its strength. I put off all forms of lust and put on the new nature with its righteousness, purity, and honesty. I am trusting You to show me how to make this practical in my daily life. In every way I stand into the victory of the ascension and glorification of the Lord Jesus Christ, whereby all the principalities and powers were made subject to Him.

I claim my place in Christ as victorious with Him over all the enemies of my soul. Blessed Holy Spirit, I pray that You would fill me. Come into my life, break down every idol and cast out every foe. I am thankful, Heavenly Father, for the expression of Your will for my daily life as You have shown me in Your Word. I, therefore, claim all the will of God for today. I am thankful that You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that You have begotten me unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I am thankful that You have made a provision so that today I can live filled with the Spirit of God with love and joy and peace, with long-suffering, gentleness and goodness, with meekness, faithfulness and self-control in my life.

I recognize that this is Your will for me and I therefore reject and resist all the endeavors of satan and his wicked spirits to rob me of the will of god. I refuse in this day to believe my feelings and I hold up the Shield of Faith against all the accusations and distortion and insinuations that satan would put into my mind. I claim the fullness of the will of God for my life today. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I completely surrender myself to You, Heavenly Father, as a living sacrifice. I choose not to be conformed to this world. I choose to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, and I pray that You would show me Your will and enable me to walk in all the fullness of Your will today.

I am thankful, Heavenly Father, that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, to the casting down of imagination and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge God, and to bring every thought into obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, in my own life today I tear down the strongholds of satan and smash the plans of satan that have been formed against me. I tear down the strongholds of satan against my mind, and I surrender my mind to You, blessed Holy Spirit.

I affirm, Heavenly Father, that You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. I break and smash the strongholds of satan formed against my emotions today and I give my emotions to you. I smash the strongholds of satan formed against my will today, I give my will to You and choose to make the right decisions of faith. I smash the strongholds of satan formed against my body today, I give my body to You recognizing that I am your temple. I rejoice in Your mercy and goodness.
Heavenly Father, I pray that now and through this day You would strengthen and enlighten me. Show me the way satan is hindering and tempting and lying and distorting the truth in my life. Enable me to be the kind of person that would please You. Enable me to be aggressive in prayer and faith. Enable me to be aggressive mentally, to think about and practice Your Word, and to give You Your rightful place in my life. Again, I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and pray that You, blessed Holy Spirit, would bring all the work of the crucifixion, all the work of the resurrection, all the work of the glorification, and all the work of Pentecost into my life today.

I surrender myself to You. I refuse to be discouraged. You are the God of all hope. You have proven Your power by resurrecting Jesus Christ from the dead, and I claim in every way this victory over all the satanic forces in my life. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving and praise to You, alone. Amen.[/b]

Amen!

If you agree with this prayer, say Amen with me, but if you don't agree say, Oh me!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
[b]High GOD
‎'IS THIS A REAL END - OR JUST A TURNING BEND'
Manju Suri

Is this a rumour or a wave of terror, people are running hitherto as there is an earth tremor, the world is coming to an end
Though spoken of many times before, open and see who is knocking at your door, this is just a twist with a turning bend
When people have nothing better to perform, they simply sit and gossip as a usual norm, spreading a diseased fever of fear
I have no belief in a forecast, until I get to witness a bomb blast, infants adults gaping aghast, men drunken with barrels of beer

Is this a rumour or a wave of terror, people are running hitherto as there is an earth tremor, a millionaire is feeling a heart burn
The poorest of the poor, having only heavy burdens to endure, are looking forward to this as a redeeming cure, no way to turn
As for me and my house, in every filthy corner you will find a fat mouse, which has feasted upon our daily bread butter and jam
I will pull up the venetian blind, for all the dogs to find, I have been gracious and kind, to place in their food plates pieces of ham

Is this a rumour or a wave of terror, people are running hitherto as there is an earth tremor, some praying for safety others bowing down
If predictions can ever become real, what happened to the earlier prophecies to unfurl, catch the folks who are trying to run out of town
A last dying wish would you like to make, I see the girls in my home still baking a cake, unperturbed by the atmosphere raising a hullabaloo
Truly and very wisely said, one man's food could be poison for another to be dead, surely we can fight against the devil lies to give its due

Is this a rumour or a wave of terror, people are running hitherto as there is an earth tremor, one more day to pass for the ultimate final downfall
Did you see the curtain torn, before dying people are already in mourn, not the healthy but only the weak and worn, hear the cry of a sinner's call
'Do not believe in a false prophet, some will come to play a trick with a device to gambit, to convince you that he is the Christ who has come to save'
I put my trust in him to be the living word, to soar up on his wings like an eagle bird, no fear of death when the soul is stirred, with courage to brave.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
[size=13pt]THE FATHER'S HEART TO YOU by Russ Walden

The Father says today don't let your adversaries set the agenda for your life.
Their food and their drink is to give you consternation and to set you to flight.
The enemy thirsts and hungers to see you set at nought. The enemy rejoices to see you diminished.
Don't give your detractors the satisfaction of seeing the stress their actions produce in your life.

Make every determination says the Father to respond in grace and love even to those that seek your hurt.
Those that live by the sword shall die by the sword.
Resolve in your heart not to respond in kind to those who disparage and malign you unfairly.
My love in your heart brings you to a place of ascendency that ends all strife.

When you release your detractors to My hand you release yourself from the snare they have laid in your path. I will visit them with My glory.
I will show them My acts and teach them My ways - one way or the other but I can do nothing until you choose to rise above the petty,
strife mongering, fear prone reactive posture toward those who seek something less than your blessing.
I will not allow anyone - not angel, demon, man or woman to set on your to hurt you - they will have to go through Me to get to you and THAT will NOT happen says your Father.
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:

“I am coming soon. MY

Return is now imminent.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, December 21, 2012)

Susan, listen to MY Words—I have Words and I want you to write them down:

Children, it is I, your LORD.

I am the ALMIGHTY GOD.

I am the TAKER and KEEPER of lights

I have a great burden to share. MY Heart is broken. I am undone with sadness. I am overwhelmed to the point of great sorrow. You must listen as I speak:

I am coming soon. MY Return is now imminent. So few are paying attention. They do not want to believe that I, GOD am True to MY Words and that MY Words will come to pass.

There will be many lost in this coming hour. Many will reject MY Truth. Many are looking the other way back to the world. They want nothing with their GOD. They have chosen against ME. They are moving away from ME. I am distraught but cannot convince them otherwise though I cry out.

I speak through MY people, MY messengers, MY signs, MY Word. All the messages have gone out to warn the people. The people just refuse to believe ME. I have left nothing to chance. The warnings have been profuse. I have been abundantly gracious in MY Warnings. I have tried to warn all those who would listen. I have spoken through those of all ages, in all nations. There can be no one without excuse. All will be held accountable who have been disobedient and rejected MY Words of warning through the various means I have sent them.

Soon the world will see the reality of these Words—MY Heart aches in anguish over the children who will be lost for eternity. This sorrowful hour is soon approaching. This is a great junction in time in which MY Word Spoken will come about and the people will know that I, GOD am True to MY Word.

I am lingering only for those who will yet turn to follow ME before the last remaining moments then, I must pull away MY children who are loyal, faithful, and see the writing on the wall. Yes, the tiny few who are not put off by pursuing ME against the lusts for the world. This is a mere handful against the vast sea of humanity.

I am True to MY Words and MY Words are now coming to pass as I said they would. I am allowing you a chance to seek ME—surrender to ME. Deny your association with MY enemy and come to MY Side. I will not leave anyone who wants to come along side ME. You are running out of time.

I am ready to bring MY Resplendent Glory to the earth to enrapture MY chosen, to bring them up hither and set them on higher ground.

I want you to come before the door that is open closes for ever more.

This is your LORD and SAVIOR

ALMIGHTY GOD[/size]

[b]
Coordinating Scriptures:

Philippians 2:15 (KJV): That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of GOD, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

James 1:17 (KJV): Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the FATHER of lights, with WHOM is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Joel 2:28 (KJV): And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out MY SPIRIT upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Romans 14:12 (KJV): So then every one of us shall give account of himself to GOD.

Matthew 24:37-39 (KJV): 37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the SON of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the SON of man be.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6 (KJV): 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Revelation 4:1 (KJV): After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Matthew 25:10 (KJV): And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
[size=13pt]What is being humble?

It is working behind the scenes but not desiring the lime
light. It is complete submission to GOD. It is seeking to obey GOD in all things.
Humility is not worrying about what other people think of you. It is doing for
others without receiving credit. It is desiring favor from GOD and not men. It is
growing in favor with GOD and pleasing GOD.
It is quiet and unassuming.
It is growing in GOD.
It is being “CHRIST-like.”
Humility is most beautiful to GOD. A humble, GOD-fearing person shines in GOD’s
Eyes.

Humility is wanting to please GOD and walk in His Path. To be lowly and not think
well of yourself and to not think yourself better than others, to consider yourself
below others, and to not judge those around you. I am the only ONE to judge. It
does not mean you are to be abased. It means you are to respect others’ feelings
even if they stumble and not to belittle them in your heart, to have compassion
for them because you too are not beyond sinning before a Holy GOD.
This is what happens when someone is humble. They create a wonderful
testimony. They shine in MY Kingdom, in MY Eyes. They receive the Ear of
GOD. I listen to MY humble servants when they cry out to ME. I would go to
any extreme to save MY humble servants. I will move heaven and earth for MY
humble servants. Do you understand this, MY daughter?
MY humble servants are devoted to ME. They understand that they cannot
do anything without ME. They are always seeking ME in all ways like a child
seeks its parent. This is MY humble servant. They have no self will. They trust
only ME in their daily walk. They search ME for their answers. They trust ME
wholeheartedly and I answer them. I give them MY Best because they seek ME
above all others for answers. They are humble and glorious in MY Sight. They
have a soft-spoken beauty about them. They are not like the world around them.
They stand out from the crowd. Their beauty is GOD-like and heavenly. This is
how heaven is—full of people secure in their GOD because I meet all their needs.

There is no need to be brash or rude, arrogant or prideful. All their needs are
met through ME. They are content, willing to serve, and happy to serve because
I fulfill all their needs, all the time. No one vies for attention in MY heavenlies.
Everyone is content. It is a place of purity, peace, calm, love, laughter, joy.
Childlike faith is important because a child does not get ahead of itself. A child
follows close behind its parent because it trusts the parent. It clings to the parent
with hopeful expectation waiting for instruction, guidance, leadership. The child
does not assume the role of parent. It knows better. It cannot lead; it trusts only
the parent to meet all of its needs. When the child gets out of sight of the parent,
panic sets in because it knows all its needs are met in the parent it has grown to
love and trust. This is the relationship between the truly humble and GOD. The
humble follow GOD blindly out of trust and obedience and GOD delivers them.
There are not answers anywhere else. GOD is Supreme and the only True Hope,
Reliable Hope.

Children seek their parents for all their needs. They cry after them because their
parents can deliver them just as GOD delivers the humble who follow HIM from a
humble, pure heart.
Is this making sense to you now[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 267
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.