Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74126 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
The First Day of the Week
April 17, 2011

"And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight" (Acts 20:7).

Given the fact that everything about God's Word was specifically inspired by its Author, it is appropriate that this important phrase, "the first day of the week," occurs exactly eight times in the Bible. The first six of these (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1,19) all stress the fact that it was on this day that the greatest event in history (since the creation) had taken place. The creation of the universe had taken place on the first day of the week, and now its Creator had conquered sin and death itself on that day. In the Bible, of course, the number "seven" represents completeness, so "eight" represents a new beginning--a new creation, a resurrection.

The last two references tell us just how the early Christians remembered this day. Our text verse tells us this was a day on which the disciples assembled together, had a preaching service, and then "broke bread." This was not a special assembly called just for Paul, for he had already been waiting there six days (see previous verse). This was about 25 years after the resurrection itself and the Jewish believers were evidently still observing the seventh day as a rest day, but then they also observed the first day of the week as the time to commemorate the Lord's death in "breaking of bread" to celebrate His resurrection, and especially to hear the preaching of His Word. The final reference tells us one other vital thing they did: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him" (I Corinthians 16:2). The first day of the week should always be a time of remembering Him in these joyful ways, for He is our living Lord and Saviour. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
The Living Saviour
April 18, 2011

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).

There is a popular Christian song whose chorus ends with these words: "You ask me how I know He lives; He lives within my heart." This may sound spiritual, but this is not how we know He lives!  We are saved because of the objective fact that He died for our sins and then rose bodily from the tomb, triumphant over sin, death, the curse, and Satan, alive in His glorified body, for evermore.  It is this which we must believe in our hearts and confess with our lips.  For Him to rise bodily from the grave means that He is nothing less than God, the very Creator Himself.  It is only because of who He is that He could do what He did, and this is what we must believe in our hearts.

There are people who believe that Buddha lives in their hearts, or the spirit of "the gods" indwells their hearts, or even that "the Christ" is in their hearts, but "the heart is deceitful above all things" (Jeremiah 17:9).  We can believe many things, and feel many things that are not so.  We know Jesus Christ is a living Saviour, not because we feel His presence in our hearts, but because He rose from the grave on the third day and "shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days" (Acts 1:3).  The gospel of our salvation does not rest on our feelings, nor on someone's teachings, but on the objective, proven, certain facts of history.  Jesus Christ is alive, whether anyone feels Him living in their hearts or not, and He is at this moment bodily in heaven, at the right hand of the Father (e.g., Romans 8:34).

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25). HMM
For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by njira(f): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2011
Grace5 i bless you for your posts! They are a mighty source of Joy and Strength for our journey, i feel reenergized for the race! God mightily bless you

Olaadegbu, this thread is a blessing. Thank You
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2011
njira:

Grace5 i bless you for your posts! They are a mighty source of Joy and Strength for our journey, i feel reenergized for the race! God mightily bless you

Olaadegbu, this thread is a blessing. Thank You

May God richly bless you for the encouragement.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2011
The Prepared Body
April 19, 2011

"Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me" (Hebrews 10:5).

The author of Hebrews had just pointed out that, despite all the animal sacrifices offered up by the people of Israel over the centuries, "it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins" (Hebrews 10:4). That would require the once-for-all offering of "the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

But that perfect Lamb could be none other than God Himself, in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. No ordinary man, however powerful or wise or morally upright he might be, could ever accomplish such a mighty task. Neither could an angel remove human sin from the world. Only God could do that, but He must also be a man in order to pay the death penalty for man's sins, then also defeat death and live forever with those who would receive Him as Saviour. He must be both eternal God and perfect man.

For this mission, He must have a human body, but it must be a very special body, with no genetically inherited mutational blemishes and no inherited Adamic sin nature. Thus His great testimony: "A body hast thou prepared me."

The Greek word for "prepared" is a strong word, connoting something like "made perfect" in most of its occurrences. It is used only one other time in Hebrews, in the very next chapter. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God" (Hebrews 11:3). This correlation assures us that God "prepared" the human body of His Son, to be placed in Mary's virgin womb with the same perfect wisdom and care with which He had "framed" the worlds. Both were made "very good," perfectly designed, created, and made to accomplish His great eternal plan. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
Letter 101 Given by Jesus to Susan on Saturday, April 16, 2011

I am ready to give you Words.

Daughter this is your LORD. Susan, write down these Words:

The hour approaches and the people are doubting. I, GOD am true to MY Word. I stay to MY Word. The people believe different. They believe that MY Words are not true. They believe these are not MY Words. They do not study MY Word, MY Book, the Book I gave to reveal MY Heart to MY people, to provide guidance, to provide strength in troubled times.

MY people seek answers elsewhere, to all sorts of locations and programs, people, and pagan beliefs. They run here, they run there. They scurry all about. They lust after answers to life and living through all sorts of various false beliefs and false hopes. The world runs to evil with light speed. The evil is too enticing. MY people cannot keep their hands away from evil corrupt living. I am so disappointed in the people who all seek answers through all things around them but to lift their eyes up to ME, they do not. This saddens ME greatly.

MY people do you not know that I have all the answers? I know all. I am GOD. Soon the answers will disappear because MY bride will be removed and all hope will dissipate. MY Word is true. I am warning you MY people. Now is the time to get right with ME, your GOD. Now is the time to seek answers about tomorrow, about MY Kingdom, about the evil world coming together. Come to ME and I will give you hope, a life with ME, eternal hope, eternal life…peace everlasting…a wonderful home in heaven spent with ME, your GOD, WHO loves you abundantly.

The hour is collapsing MY children. It is dwindling and I will come to bring you out. But you must be ready, you must be watching, you must be observing and knowing, discerning and praying. You cannot come if your robes are not clean, washed pure in MY Blood and made clean and pure.

Your heart, head, body must be wholly surrendered to ME your LORD and MASTER, JESUS. How else do you expect to be saved? There is no other way by which you can come out and come to the FATHER. There is no other way. Consider MY Words. Your time is sliding, it slips away fast. The hour is moving on. It will skip by you and what was once an hour of hope will soon be a past hour of hopelessness of dreams gone by of a rescue missed, of chances lost. It will all be gone and you will wake up to Truth, as you will be forced to make the hard choices. You will have to choose to die for ME. MY enemy will not share you with ME.

He will not tolerate those who decide too late they now want to be with ME. They will be forced to make a very difficult choice. MY enemy will bear his ugly sharp teeth and the world will soon see a side of evil they never dreamed possible. It will be ruthless, bitter, and frightening. Darkness will be all-consuming and the world will be a frightening, dark, gloomy, horrifying place.

All remnants of a world that was established on justice, safety, security, and hope will have left with MY bride as she will no longer be on earth. This loss will be great MY children, as MY Light pulls away from earth and darkness covers the earth. The loss will be nearly impossible to bear.

The people do not believe MY Words. I spoke of this in MY Book, that the people would be stiff necked and doubting. MY Words speak truth. Stiff necked people: look at the world. Compare it to MY Word. Wash yourselves with MY Word and know the truth of MY Words spoken so long ago. It is come to pass. Now is the time children. Clean your hearts out, prepare your lives to be readied for MY Return, MY Promised Return. The hour is now for the preparation. Come, be clean in MY Word, MY Truth, MY Blood. Surrender your life to ME—I will take it and protect you. The storm is coming. Make ready. This is the hour of your preparation. Do not wait. Begin your preparation, Surrender, lay your life before ME. Come to ME Now. I am waiting.

Do not regret your decision to put off coming to ME in full surrender, because your love for this world and your life is too great.

It is time MY children!

It is time!

It is time!

These Words are MY words.

I am the great I AM

I am today, tomorrow, forever,

JESUS
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Filled with Fruit
April 20, 2011

"Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11).

The unique phrase "fruits of righteousness" has many supporting teachings, the most famous of which is where the Lord Jesus compares Himself to a "vine" and we who are His adopted sons and daughters to "branches" (John 15:1-6).

Paul reminded the Philippian church that the fruits ultimately result from Jesus Christ, just as Jesus illustrated. We "cannot bear fruit" by ourselves (John 15:4). Not only does our very life come from God, but the ability to produce godly fruit can only come through and by God.

Isaiah noted that all of our self-produced righteous deeds are like "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). The fruit for which we are "ordained" (John 15:16) has its source in the thrice-holy Godhead and its manifestation by the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives (Galatians 5:22-23).

Those Holy Spirit character traits are the innate property of the vine that becomes instilled in the branches, or us. This enables us to bring forth the fruit that represents the "DNA" of the vine in which we are abiding. Being connected to the vine makes it possible for us to "walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:10).

The "husbandman" (God the Father) is superintending the vineyard (John 15:1). When branches wither and do not produce fruit (see also Matthew 13:18-23), they are taken away. The branches that do produce are purged (Greek kathairo, "cleaned up"wink. As Peter noted, "his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (2 Peter 1:3). With God, "all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). Without Him, "|we| can do nothing" (John 15:5). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2011
Letter received on April 17, 2011 by Sabrina from the LORD JESUS for you:

These are MY Words MY daughter,

MY world lives in despair, desperate to satisfy their own lusts, a search for satisfaction of their own flesh. This physical body is only a shell, a temporary stay. The true person is in your soul. That is the person you really are. This is the person you must take care of. This is the person who must find and know ME.

Why then MY children do you run into this world without searching for ME? I see many of MY children who do not know ME, although they claim they do. Yet I do not see their names written in MY BOOK, THE BOOK OF LIFE. They are not MY children, but children of the devil.

They are here to drag others into their web of lies and deception. These are children in the church and outside the church. Those who claim to know ME, woe unto them, so they do not fall!

I have given MY HOLY WORD for education, for knowledge, and support. MY WORD contains all truth. MY WORD is a daily guide in your life. MY WORD contains MY Commandments, so you would know ME and so you would learn to live in awe and respect for your GOD and people.

And yet, I see many of MY children who claim to know ME, and yet they rarely read in MY WORD, yet they rarely fill themselves with study from MY WORD. How can this be? Woe to them who claim to know ME, yet never fill themselves with MY WORD, MY HOLY WORD, the Bible, written by MY prophets under the leadership of MY HOLY SPIRIT.

These are HIS WORDS. This is HIS HOLY WORD. MY WORD is filled with directions for this life and for the life in eternity with or without ME. Read MY WORD MY children, read MY WORD! Read MY HOLY WORD.

Do not fill yourselves with words written by carnal men, but come to ME and learn to know MY WORD. Many books are good and constructive and instructive, but if this has priority over MY WORD, you cannot even understand these books written by people to build you up.

Feast on MY WORD, come MY children, now is the time for complete surrender, surrender in MY WORD and surrender in worship and surrender in prayer. Surrender in everything. Worldly things are totally unnecessary if you do not know your GOD. Worldly things are even devilish if you do not know your GOD.

You are a light in this world. But many of you are not simple because you do not know ME. Which one of you comes to ME daily in worship? Which one of you fills yourself daily with MY WORD so you can start the day under MY direction?

Whose voice do I hear coming to ME every day? To whom can I speak to everyday? Who takes the time to hear MY Words? To hear what I, GOD have to say? I do listen to your prayers, but I, MYSELF have much to say also. I wait for MY children who take the time for ME. These are the last days and the laborers are few.

Who is willing to lay down his life for ME? Come to ME and search MY Will. I speak to any of MY children, to all MY sheep. But it is up to you to take enough time to hear MY VOICE. I often do not have the opportunity or the time to speak to you.

Who is willing to lay down his life? Who is willing to take time? Who is willing to listen to MY HEART? I, JESUS, ​​have much to say. The listening to MY VOICE is not difficult, it is a matter of the heart.

Are you willing to sacrifice yourselves in time, in worldly things that draw, in family that pulls you, in work that absorbs you, in hobbies that you need to relax, in voyages to get away for awhile?

Who is willing? The time is short and laborers are few. Come, MY children with a moved and open heart to ME and I, JESUS will richly reward you if you lay down your lives and come with a completely open and devoted heart. These are the last days, COME!

Who is willing? Examine your hearts and come to your GOD and see what is more important, the fulfilling of your business in this world or the fulfilling of MY Will in your life? What is more important?

This choice is very important. It is a choice that will determine your whole eternity, an eternity with deep intimacy with ME or a life in eternity as your relationship with ME in this life now. Everything has its value. Everything you do in this life now with or without ME has its eternal value.

Consider this very well, for behold, the time is short.

I, JESUS am coming and MY reward is with ME

Psalm 6:4 (KJV): Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.

Matthew 16:26 (KJV): For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

John 8:44 (KJV): Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 17:17 (KJV): Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Matthew 9:37 (KJV): Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Romans 13:12 (KJV): The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Revelation 22:12 (KJV): And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2011

"Cleanse me from these hidden faults, " (from Ps. 19)

The Lord spoke to me and said, not only will I cleanse you from hidden
faults, I will bring them out into the light and expose them in
situations that are undesirable to you, so that you will see them and
repent. I will bring discipline to your life in areas that you were
slack in. But do not confuse discipline with punishment, because your
sins have been already atoned for! Your punishment has been taken.
Remember that as your Father, I am not only aware of your "hidden
faults" but of the "hidden things of the heart" which please Me! I see
when you have been faithful to come to Me regardless of whether or not
you felt My Presence near. I can see what you cannot see in yourself,
and I love you in all of it, both the good and the bad. I am NOT a god
in heaven who is picking at all of your faults, perfect yes, but
perfectly critical of you! That is how you have sometimes seen Me.
Know that my love is greater than all of your wrongs, your
misperceptions, and your faults. I loved you while you were YET in
sin! I love you now even while you sometimes fail to live up to things
you have wanted to live up to. I see you for what you will become. I
see the end result! My love for you is perfect, flawless-- and you
cannot even imagine it! You have been so taken in by what you have
experienced through people that at times you cannot seem to even know
what it is to be "perfectly loved". I am pleased with you. For you are
my creation, and I have made a good thing when I made you! Look up, see
my smile. See my loving smile upon you. Listen for my song over you!

Love,
Father
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by EMPE: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
Grace, the letters are very inspiring and though provoking. Remain Blessed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:55am On Apr 23, 2011
Letter received from JESUS to Sabrina on April 22, 2011:

The world is coming to an end.  MY light, MY bride, will soon be taken away from this world. 

She continues turning: the world, everything just goes, as people do not focus their eyes on ME or keep them focused, therefore this world just continues turning as “normal.”

But I tell you, this world does not turn normally anymore, she is completely subject to perdition and many already live in despair.  I give MY signs and I give MY miracles in this time, yet many close their eyes to ME, for all that I, GOD show them in the universe, in nature, in society, in the financial world.

Even the animals know that their GOD is coming, but people are blind to this reality. Everything is out of order, everything functions in disorder in this world, yet people remain blind and disinterested, as they do not want to think of their GOD, they do not recognize ME in all this.

People always have a reason to not see ME or want to see, since they are not filled with MY SPIRIT.  MY children, go out and tell the Gospel!  NOW is the time!  NOW is the time, in season or out of season, I always give occasions.  People must know that I, JESUS am the only way to eternal life in MY Kingdom.

Tell them about MY SACRIFICE on the cross, tell them about MY resurrection, tell them about the reality of heaven and hell.  Tell them! 

MY SACRIFICE was and is forever, but soon there will be an end to this easy period of grace, easy, because MY Gospel is costless and free.  Once the antichrist comes on the scene, he will rob you of all freedom and it will be every man for himself in your hearts to make a choice for your GOD.

Why do you make it so hard for yourself?  Why wait until the very last minute?  Do you not know and realize that your relationship with ME now will determine your future with ME in eternity?

I am a great and righteous GOD and nothing goes by without ME seeing or noticing it.  I, GOD see and hear and know everything.  Nothing goes unnoticed.  Therefore know that your relationship with ME now is enormously important.  It will determine the degree of intimacy with a life with ME in eternity.

I, JESUS, ​will judge all and everyone will receive reward after his or her works and faith. Those who know ME intimately now will also know ME intimately in eternity in a life with ME. Therefore I, GOD encourage you again to spend much time with ME NOW. Everything is about NOW.

NOW determines the future.  Read MY WORD, MY children, spend time in worship with your GOD, learn what it is to know ME, to hear MY heartbeat, to feel your head on MY HEART, to receive from ME and to rest in ME.

Come to ME all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  I, GOD can give you rest.  The world only brings you turmoil (more and more) and draws you away in her web of idolatry and spinners and horrors against MY WORD.

All sin is an abomination in MY Eyes, therefore live in purity with your GOD and dance no longer with this world.  I, GOD am a clean GOD and nothing unclean can enter MY Kingdom.

Therefore desist from this world and live according to MY WORD.  Yet many of you make compromises with this world, rather pleasing men than to obey your GOD.

Where are those who obey ME and MY WORD radically?  I, GOD want complete obedience so that it would go well with you and so your hearts should be cleaned according to MY WORD and LAW.

These are MY Words for you today, live in obedience to MY WORD and desist from this world.  You cannot serve two gods: it is ME or the world.

Make your choice NOW.

I, GOD, THE ALMIGHTY have spoke
n

[b]
Acts 2:17-21 (KJV):  17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:  19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:  20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:  21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Timothy 4:2 (KJV): Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Jeremiah 24:7 (KJV): And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Matthew 11:28 (KJV): Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Romans 6:16 (KJV): Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1 Peter 1:22 (KJV): Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2011
Risen with Christ
April 24, 2011

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God" (Colossians 3:1).

The wise believer revels in the fact of Christ's resurrection.  Some things in Scripture may be easier to identify with and apply, including Christ's substitutionary death, but it is the resurrection which gives us power to live victoriously.  "Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

We have been "[color=12pt]crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed[/color]" (Romans 6:6).  Nevertheless, we are risen with Him, as our text and elsewhere (Romans 6; Ephesians 2:1-10; etc.) clearly teaches.  This resurrection is an inward one, of course, but our bodily resurrection is also guaranteed by Christ's bodily resurrection, should we physically die.  "Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus" (2 Corinthians 4:14).

Power to serve Him effectively comes through His resurrection, for we have access to the "exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead" (Ephesians 1:19-20).  We have authority over all human and demonic institutions through Him who even now operates as head of the living church of His followers.

Perhaps the most precious of all benefits of the resurrection is that "we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens" who is sympathetic to "the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:14-16). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2011
Word from the Lord - Only those Willing!

"As the days pass, as the days goes, more calamity is coming, more calamity is coming,
more disasters are coming, more disasters.
Those who are prepared will be used. Miracles, miracles will be manifested and used.
Many things are coming.
Only those who are prepared will be doing My Work. Yes, you have heard the Warnings.
I have given many many Warnings throughout the world.
Yes, you have heard many Warnings. Many will hear the warning but few will heed the warning for they do not believe.
Because they LOVE THE WORLD! They do not want to listen. Do you hear? Do you hear?
I am blowing the Trumpet! I am blowing the Trumpet!
Do you hear the Trumpet? Are you hearing My Trumpet? I have already blown the Trumpet!
Those who hear My Trumpet know the time is near.
Those who hear My Trumpet know the time is near. Be Ready for WAR! Be Ready for the War! War, War, War is coming!
Be Ready for the War! Spiritual WAR! It is going to be INTENSE! Be Ready, Be Ready for WAR!
Those who are willing to FIGHT for ME will be Saved! Those who are Willing!
Those who are willing to fight for My Kingdom, those who are willing to save Souls, those who are WILLING will be SAVED.
Those who are Willing because you are Willing for ME!!! 
Those who are willing will be saved and who have not spared themselves.
There is not much time left, My Kingdom is coming!"

Received during prayer

Yoojin Kim
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12am On Apr 25, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

When You Won’t Find Christ

TEXT: JOHN 20:1-17

"But Mary stood without at the sepulcher weeping. . .  Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master" (John 20:11,16).

The limitation on  human imagination  is  enormous.  It sometimes leads people to make the right search in wrong places, at the wrong time or with wrong methods.  Some degree of concern led Peter and John to the tomb in search of Jesus who was laid there two days earlier.  What they found answered only part of their curiosity: "linen clothes lying" down, some  "wrapped  together."  They were thus left to conclude that Jesus has truly risen (verse cool

Their  account  of  Jesus’ resurrection  could  not  in  any  way  have  been  as  vivid  as  Mary Magdalene’s for she saw Jesus himself, not just linen clothes (verse 14-17).  Bible accounts have it that Peter and John were close to Christ all through his earthly ministry, but Mary was not.  In fact, today’s text reveals that John was the disciple who meekly referred to himself as the one "whom Jesus loved" (verse 2) and another portion of the scripture shows us how prominent Peter was among the disciples (Mark 9:2-10).

Today, we will do some quick exercises upon which you need to objectively assess yourself. Based on the reading: How early do you seek the Lord (verse 1; Proverbs 8:17)?  In seeking him, how readily do you share your concerns with others of like precious faith?  In approaching unto the Lord, do you stop at a distance while still seeking him?  For how long do you tarry while seeking the Lord?  Do you combine diligence with passion while seeking the Lord?  Then, based on your cumulative answers, attempt to answer this question: Can  you  now  see  why  you  find  it  easy  or  difficult  to  see  Jesus whenever you look forward to seeing him?

The Lord has truly risen from the dead and has atoned for the sins of the world.  He is ever close to those seeking him in truth.  As he appeared to Mary, so will he appear today to those who will seek him earnestly and patiently and will save to the end those who abide in him (Hebrews 9:28).

Thought for the day:  "How do you seek the Lord?"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
Other Preachers
April 25, 2011

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice" (Philippians 1:18).

This verse seems to conflict with warnings about false teachers (2 Peter 2:1) and another gospel (Galatians 1:6-9). The key is identifying what Paul is allowing on the one hand and condemning on the other.

Some teachers of his day (probably both in Philippi and in Rome) appeared to be taking advantage of Paul's imprisonment to enhance their own reputations. Indeed, some were trying through their public preaching to "add affliction to |his| bonds" (Philippians 1:16).

Even though some with ungodly motives stood out among those preaching of "good will," Paul was able to rejoice that "Christ is preached" (today's text) by both categories, and therein is the source of the "power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:16).

The stern denunciation of "another gospel" (Galatians 1:6) exposes the untruth of all hybrid messages, whether human or angelic, that would attempt to preach anything other than "Christ, and him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2).

Here is the message for us. When the full gospel of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection--according to the Scriptures--is preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) by whatever means and even under sometimes questionable motives, the "good news" is cause for rejoicing. It is the gospel that has power, not the messenger.

However, when some people attempt to change that gospel to make it seem more attractive to those who wish to continue in sin, or change its message to allow for human works, we are to see such preachers as dangerous and under condemnation. May God keep us from both mistakes. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2011
[shadow=blue,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Greater Givers

TEXT: MARK 12:35-44

"For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living" (Mark 12:44).

In recent years,  Bill  Gates  and Warren Buffett have been at the head of an unusual campaign.  These two men who rank among the richest people in the world are pushing to get the  world’s  super-rich  to  donate  a good  part  of  their  wealth  to  tackle social,  political  and  economic challenges  in  the  world.  They themselves  have  given  and  are committed  to giving  more  through their foundations, in support of some worthy  projects  around  the  world.

Commendably, over 40 billionaires and multimillionaires have joined this mega-giving wagon.  The big givers' details can be found in the World's Top Givers list which is reviewed annually.

Were such list to have been compiled at the time Christ was on earth, the name of the widow woman in today's text would never have featured.  After warning the people about the ignorant and hypocritical Scribes, Christ watched as the people gave money into the  treasury.  The  rich  people  gave  out  of  their  abundance  and, perhaps, prided themselves as best givers.  But Christ noticed this poor widow throw in two mites and adjudged her the best giver.

The greatness of her gift did not consist in the value of the money she gave, but in the sincerity and sacrifice that went with it.  Others gave out of their surplus; she gave out of her poverty.  Others gave normally; she gave out of faith for she gave all her living.  Others gave from a sense of obligation; she gave out of love.  Although it is not revealed what became of her, it is certain that, in addition to the eternal commendation she got from the Lord, she did not die of hunger.

God is interested in our giving, especially towards the furtherance of  the  gospel  and  expansion  of  His  kingdom  on  earth.  In  this connection, we are expected to give our money, talent and time.  The Lord still observes how we give (our motive and attitude) as well as how much we give in proportion to our means.

Thought for the day:  "God measures the quality of our giving by how much we keep back"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2011

FEAR the one who can cast your soul into hell!

When the devil sends his demons against you as you press closer to God, will you shrink back because the assult is too severe or will you hold your ground? When you start to draw towards God, you will be attacked in all fronts. Will you shrink back to ease the assult or will you stand your ground? If the demons told you they will KILL YOU and your family, will you shrink back or stand your ground?
If the demons came and you actually heard them threaten you as you draw closer to God will you acquiesce?
Will you now play it safe? Will you no longer spiritually press forward to stay in your comfort zone?
As you see your physical world fall apart, will you acquiesce? Will you try to save your life?
Or will you take authority and tell the demons to get lost? Will you hold your ground knowing you must have an attitude of MARTYRDOM?
That does not mean just your life but everything about it!

There are many who are running from their callings because they fear man. They fear of losing their possessions.
They fear the devil. They fear embarrassment from friends/family.

Many are called but few chosen. Only FEW Choose to OBEY! Many have taken the safe route. They have stepped into the wide road.

Hebrews 10:39 (Amplified Bible)
39But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul.

Do not fail your test. We are the children of the MOST HIGHT. We are called to OVERCOME. Scripture says if you are Born of God, you are BORN TO OVERCOME! We are called to take authority over the snakes and demons and over ALL THEIR POWER. His People are Overcomers! His People are Victors! His People do not give up no matter how hard it is, just ask for His Strength. He not give you more than you can handle.

Luke 10:19 (Amplified Bible)
19Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

Do not FEAR the devil. Do not FEAR man. FEAR the one who can cast your soul into hell!

Matthew 10:28 (Amplified Bible)
28And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be afraid of Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Gehenna).

The gates of Hell will not prevail The True Chruch of Jesus Christ! We Overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and our Testimony.

Revelation 12:11 (Amplified Bible)
11And they have overcome (conquered) him by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony, for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death [holding their lives cheap till they had to die for their witnessing].
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Apr 27, 2011
Christ the King
April 27, 2011

"Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords" (1 Timothy 6:15).

Of the many descriptive titles of the Lord Jesus Christ, perhaps the most significant is that of King, because this speaks of His universal dominion. The day is coming when "every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth" (Philippians 2:10).

First of all, since He created all things, He is the King of creation. "For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land" (Psalm 95:3-5).

In a special sense, of course, He is the King of the Jews. "He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:33).

He is also our King of redemption, having set us free from the kingdom of the wicked one. He "hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:13-14).

There is a day coming in which all the kings of the earth shall unite against Him. "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Revelation 17:14). "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron. . . . And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" (Revelation 19:15-16). Until then, let us serve Him as King, and submit to Him as Lord. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2011

Appropriate Decorum

TEXT: LEVITICUS 19:31-37

"Thou shall rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:32).

In today’s cyber age, the Word of God is fast losing its grip on the minds of church-goers.  Adults occupy their thoughts with materialism (riches and wealth), while teenagers and  the  "twenties"  are  more influenced  by  their  peers,  internet, music and media.

The age-long biblical principle of respecting and honouring elders is fast becoming outdated and out of vogue.  Respect and honour today is reserved for men and women who have the cash to flaunt, not minding how the cash was acquired.  It is shocking that in our society today, a grudging respect is given to the elders with white hair, but the real ovation and adulation go to the crooked moneybags.  The situation is not different in the church.  Crooked moneybags are finding their way into the clergy, thereby systematically polluting a once sacred institution.

Our children are the casualties of this ungodly system.  They are not fooled by the adults' hypocrisies.  They notice that adults do not respect their elders, so as a chain reaction, they also refuse to respect and honour adults.  Instead, they pour their adulation and worship on music, football and Nollywood stars.

Good manners and respect for elders will only come back into the society when everyone obeys the injunctions of the Bible as recorded in our text.  It is the Bible that teaches us the principles of love, respect and honour for our elders, either in the church or in the larger society.  Take the Bible as your daily companion and drink from its fountains of living waters regularly.

Thought for the day:  "Honour elders because you will become one shortly"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2011
Letter from the LORD JESUS recorded by Sabrina, April 26, 2011:

The end time is really here. These are the last days. Those who have given attention to MY Words know this. I love all of your hearts, but I also know that very many are not ready and will yet be left behind when I come for MY bride.

Many warnings have now been given. I, God, have given everyone the time and opportunity to repent and listen to MY Words and warnings. Therefore say not when the great tribulation comes: “What happens to us?”

I have given you warning upon warning by MY prophets and servants. They have been faithful to write down MY Words. Blessed are those who hear MY Words! Blessed are those who understand the call of MY SPIRIT!

MY SPIRIT lives in every one of you who are MY children. NOW is the time to heed HIS VOICE. NOW is the time to cease from all worldly and your own plans, hopes, and achievements.

Your only hope is ME. I AM is your only hope in this corrupt world. Therefore come to ME all MY children and hope on your GOD. I AM alone can fulfill and save you.

Tell the good news to the people around you. Tell them of MY LOVE and SACRIFICE and RESCUE plan for eternal life with ME. I AM eternal life. I have the eternal life. I have the keys of MY KINGDOM and the keys of satan's kingdom.

I AM have all power over heaven, hell, and earth. I have overcome the satan. I have overcome the death. Therefore tell people about MY RESCUE plan and MY Love for them, so that they can have eternal life with ME.

Behold, the time is short. MY judgments described in MY WORD, MY HOLY WORD, will all soon be fulfilled. I will soon release MY angels so they can fulfill MY WORD.

Time is short. There is no more time for you to engage in this world. She is full of corruption and idolatry and a stench in MY FACE. Therefore be Holy as your GOD is Holy and live after MY WORD.

Letter from THE FATHER, April 26, 2011 (continuation):

I have given you MY WORD so it would go well with you, after spirit, soul, and body. MY WORD is the perfect answer to all your ailments and diseases, mental and physical diseases.

You are mentally ill if you run after the world and are dragged into her web. I call it a web, because she does not let go of you anymore, she keeps you trapped in spirit, soul, and body. Therefore, many are bound to and in this world, and they are depending on her.

MY WORD says: Whoever the Son has set free, will be free indeed. MY SON was referring to this world: free from any form of slavery and bondage. For this is her goal, to bind you to her, so you lose any form of freedom in ME.

I have made ​​you a light in this world, so you would be different. Who dares to show he is different? Who dares to testify of MY Love? Who dares to say to this world that I AM is the only GOD, REDEEMER, SAVIOUR in his or her life?

Who, O’ who?

If you are not ashamed for MY Words, I will not be ashamed when I send MY SON. Dare to trust on ME, MY children. Trust in ME in everything!

I AM GOD! CREATOR MAKER of heaven and earth. Without ME there was and is no existence on this earth. Without ME there was and is no existence in this universe. I AM have created it all.

So come to ME, MY children, and become part of the biggest, most spectacular feast of all time: THE WEDDING FEAST OF MY SON with HIS bride. A bride set apart in this time, pure and clean and without stain, spot, and wrinkle. That is the bride for MY SON.

I will soon give the signal for MY SON to fetch HIS bride. The time is coming. Be obedient to MY WORD, MY children, this is for your good. I know why I have given MY WORD. So investigate it and live after it.

This is your FATHER GOD from heaven, be ready and live pure, the time is short.

[b]
Matthew 24:21 (KJV): For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Revelation 2:21-22 (KJV): And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV): 17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

1 Peter 1:15-16 (KJV): 15But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

John 8:36 (KJV): If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Luke 9:26 (KJV): For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Revelation 19:7 (KJV): Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
The Oracles of God
April 28, 2011

"Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" (Romans 3:2-3).

This striking synonym for the Scriptures ("the oracles of God"wink occurs just three times in the Bible. In our text, Paul is emphasizing the great privilege and responsibility that was committed to the Jews when God gave His "oracles" to them, a word implying "divinely inspired utterances."

Then the author of Hebrews rebuked those Hebrew Christians who had still not learned the very "first principles of the oracles of God," despite having been professing Christians for a long time (Hebrews 5:12). Finally, the apostle Peter urged his readers: "If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God" (1 Peter 4:11). That is, anyone who presumes to speak for the Lord must "preach the word" (2 Timothy 4:2). It is not our words, but His words that are "quick, and powerful" (Hebrews 4:12). In fact, Stephen called them "the lively |or 'living'| oracles" (Acts 7:38).

In all these references, it is clear that these "oracles of God"--that is, the Holy Scriptures--constitute the very utterances of the living God. They were given to and through believing Jews and are preserved for us now in our Bibles. They obviously should be believed, studied, obeyed, and proclaimed by all who consider themselves to be Christians.

The fact that many people reject the Bible, even claiming it is wrong in what it teaches, is irrelevant. Such claims merely display human arrogance. God's Word has been "for ever . . . settled in heaven" and "is true from the beginning" (Psalm 119:89, 160). It will endure even after this present world has passed away (Matthew 24:35) and will finally be the criterion by which its detractors will be judged in the last day (Revelation 20:12; 22:18-19). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2011
Letter 104 Dictated by our LORD JESUS to Susan on April 25, 2011

Yes Daughter, you may take MY Letter. Susan, write these words down:

The day is coming when MY Grace will be over, MY Great Grace. The people don’t understand that the Age of Grace is about over. The hard tribulation will begin. The people think I am a GOD WHO is either nonexistent or not watching what they do and how they behave.

I am a HOLY GOD and I have tolerated about enough from this evil generation, this exceedingly evil generation. You must believe that I, GOD, am not paying attention or that I am not even existing. This evil on the earth is only beginning. The world has never known true tribulation. It has seen a lot of tribulation, but not what is yet coming…

MY children, this should ignite your fears, your senses. It should send you to MY Arms for safety. I am the ONE True Route. No other exists. Please believe MY Words. I am true to MY Words. MY Words are a lamp unto your feet. MY Words are truth, life, and freedom. Do not discount these precious Words coming from your One True SAVIOR. I am HE and I am coming to save you. Do not doubt.

Put your faith in ME, JESUS. I am the LIGHT. All others are dim representations of truth and salvation. Many do not want MY Salvation, MY Words, MY Truth. They wait on it or reject it completely. MY children, come in from the storm now. If you wait and reject ME now, you will have waited too long. The time is running out to assure your place in MY Kingdom, during the worst rampage on earth, in all human history.

Waiting will prove to be fatal. If you are frightened by these words than turn to ME now and allow ME to calm your fears, because I can take you to safety away from the fear and fright to come. It will be horrible. I won’t mince words or withhold truth. The hour of great destruction and sadness lies ahead and it is closing in. Soon your chance to escape will be lost, forever lost. Once lost, all hope will be gone. You will be left to face the worst, MY enemy, his dealings and MY Wrath—a powerful combination of destruction and hopelessness.

Turn, Turn, Turn. Come back to ME. I will take you back. I will save you. I will return you to your past and help you to recover what was a lost, your true self. I am waiting. Soon, the time is up. Don’t doubt.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
Life by Death
April 29, 2011

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).

This profound confidence comes at the conclusion of a threefold summary of Paul's experience while serving the Lord Jesus, as well as his deep bond with the church at Philippi. The "salvation" of which Paul speaks references victory in this life as much as the eternal rescue at the end.

Initially, the confidence comes "through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:19). Christian leaders covet the prayers of those with whom they serve. Twice Paul specifically asked the Thessalonian church to pray for him (1 Thessalonians 5:25 and 2 Thessalonians 3:1). Most of us are familiar with the promise that the "effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16). Should we be surprised when such prayer brings boldness?

There is also the experience that the "supply" of the Spirit of God engenders faith. God's providential care, experienced during the testing of our life, produces a growing hope and confidence (Romans 5:4-5). It is most often true that we learn more of God's faithfulness in times of need than in times of plenty.

Then there is an "earnest expectation and . . . hope" that result in "boldness" (Philippians 1:20). Growing confidence in the Lord's provision and protection undergirds an anticipation for God's direction and wisdom. Expecting something to happen is the flip side of hope. Experience in kingdom work brings spiritual joy and peace (Romans 15:13).

Thus, the confident statement "now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:20-21). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2011

Deception with Curse

TEXT: GENESIS 34:13-26

"And the sons of Jacob answered Shechem and Hamor his father deceitfully, and said, because he had defiled Dinah their sister" (Genesis 34:13).

Thought for the day: "If you deceive someone, someone else will deceive you"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2011
Words received from the LORD JESUS April 26, 2011

Daughter these are MY Words. Write them down.

This world is growing dark. Can you not feel it, MY children? I, your LORD, want you to find MY Truth. This Truth is in MY Word, MY Holy Word. There is no other Truth, MY children. Now is the time to find ME. I come forward to bring you this Truth. MY Truth is easy to get to. Soon it will not be easy. Soon you will desire for MY Words and they won’t be found. This will be the outcome for those left to face the worst in a world gone mad, completely mad.

MY enemy is ruthless. He will kill and destroy and his reasoning will not matter. He will destroy all truth and righteousness. This is his goal to kill and destroy all evidence of GOD, to vanquish GOD: MY ways, MY people, MY truth. This is the plan of the enemy. You see it coming. Come in from the storm, be safe from the enemy.

MY children, this is your LORD speaking. Make no mistake, MY enemy is vicious. He will not spare anyone…he comes to kill and destroy. Pray to be spared from his madness, for this evil hour ahead. You can run into MY Arms. I have them open wide, for a time. I will leave them open for only a short while longer. Then I must leave those who refuse to believe and seek ME.

Turn to ME, Turn to ME NOW. The hour is coming where Truth will not be heard and those carrying Truth will not be spared. So make the most of this grace period. Because soon, MY Words will dry up and be hard to find. The enemy will destroy Truth and those who bear MY Truth.

Pray that you may be spared from the coming hour of madness and that you may be found worthy to come with MY spotless bride out to safety.

“How,” you say?

Repent of your sin, evil against a Holy GOD.

Wash your robes in MY Blood.

Receive MY Salvation and MY HOLY SPIRIT in full measure and then go out and share with others your decision to follow ME.

I am a Holy, Just GOD. MY Kingdom is a wonderful bountiful place. It can be your home away from soon-coming evil.

These are MY Words. Don’t doubt. Come to your senses. Seek your LORD. See the times you are living in. Stay focused on ME. Time is of the essence.

You MUST SEEK ME NOW! Do not put it off.

MY Words are true. Come to ME.

Your only MIGHTY LORD and SAVIOR

Psalm 119:105 (KJV): Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

John 10:10 (KJV): The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

2 Peter 3:14 (KJV): Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
Jehovah
April 29, 2011

"And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands" (Hebrews 1:10).

The primary name for God in Scripture is the majestic name Jehovah, occurring nearly seven thousand times. The early Jews were reluctant to use that name, for fear of using it lightly (Exodus 20:7), and substituted the word Adonai (meaning Master or Lord) in its place. Our English versions have followed suit, using the term "Lord" for Jehovah (all caps to distinguish it from Adonai, or Lord). Thus the name Jehovah appears only four times in the King James, and causes us at times to miss the full impact of the passage.

This is especially true in the New Testament quotations from Old Testament passages which used the name "Jehovah," for which "Lord" has been substituted. Now, in the English versions, the name "Lord" appears. If "Jehovah" (i.e., deity) were read instead, much richer meaning would be gathered, and it would prove beyond a doubt the full deity of Christ. Consider two examples.

First, our text quotes from Psalm 102:25-27. The entire psalm consists of praise to Jehovah, and here in Hebrews it addresses the Son. If we read "thou, Jehovah, in the beginning hast laid the foundations of the earth" and realize that Jesus is the subject of the passage, we recognize that Jesus can be none other than the Creator God.

Also, in Matthew 3:3, where John the Baptist fulfilled his prophesied role by teaching "Prepare ye the way of the Lord," quoting from Isaiah 40:3, we see Jesus equated with the Jehovah of the Old Testament, for Isaiah uses the term Lord, or Jehovah.

In these and many other examples, we see Christ as the Jehovah Jesus, and that the Lord of the Old Testament is the Jesus of the New Testament. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 8:37pm On May 01, 2011
Important  message for the Church

I’m Naomi Smit   On the 19 of April in my quiet time with the Lord He told me to write this message down for the Leaders of the Church.
The Word of the Lord came from the book of Jermiah. 23/24/25. This Word was confirmed
with  2 of my prayer partners.

God’s anger burst lose like a storm on the Church leaders. The Lord said that they consult each other because they don’t know what to say anymore. The Leaders refuse to come back to the Lord for guidian and to ask forgiveness for their stubborn ways, of not consulting the Holy Spirit in this time and hour.

Soon they will understand everything that’s going on, says the Lord.  The Lords anger won’t cool down until the Lords plan is for fill and everything came to pass as how He plan’s it from the beginning said the Lord.  Is My Words not like fire that burn says the Lord. I’m against this smooth talking Preachers that told lies to My people and let my people go astray. The stuff that they told my people now, got nothing of  good value in for them.

The Lord said, they ask what do the Lord say. He said that they must no longer say that they got a message from the Lord. These Preachers say they love Me,  But if they loved Me like they said, they would have obeyed Me and do the things that’s important to Me, said the Lord. And what important is for Me is to bring  My sheep in, at this time and hour said the Lord.

The Lord said, they are scared that they will be put in shame, but soon they will experience so much shame and disgrace, that they will never forget that said the Lord. 

If they really seek Me in their gatherings, they would know what my message was for My people, said the Lord. Do anybody think they can hide from Me? said the Lord. I saw everything that you are busy with, said the Lord God.

They was suppose to warn my people to turn back to Me from their sins, but these Preachers and so called Prophets misuse their power over My Church. And that is why there rest a curse on them for misleading My people said the Lord. There rest a curse on their land and everybody is in pain, and there are nothing left to eat in there fields said the Lord.

I Am thee Almighty God and I say this: go prophesied this word for everybody and say to them. I look down from Heaven and will roar from on high said the Lord.

With a loud voice I call on the people of the earth and My voice will sound through the whole earth to all the nations, I got a case against  the world,  said the Lord.

My judgment are for all the people on the earth. And all the evildoers will die in their own evil way said the Lord.

Take notice there will be disasters all over the world. And strong storms winds up to the end of the earth says the Lord. In My anger will destroy their peace full ways of living,
says the Lord.

He is like a Lion that left His resting place to look for his prey. Their land are totally destroy because of the anger of the Almighty God.

Go stand in the temples and do as I instructed you to, said the Lord. Don’t leave one word out says the Lord, maybe they will stop with their evil doings and then I may change my plans to destroy them, said the Lord. 
I gave My commandments to them to obeyed, I also send My Prophets and Servants to  warn them but still they don’t want to listen to their messages, said the Lord

Change your way of living to His ways, be obedient and come back to your God and He will no longer cast you out in the dark. He loves you and deserves all the Honour and Glory.

Jesus is coming back very soon. Lets all work together like ants do, and bring Jesus people out of the lost world. Hallelujah God Bless you all.

Naomi from South Africa

24Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? says the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? says the LORD.  25I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. Jeremiah 23 vs 24-25
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On May 02, 2011
Bruising the Devil
May 1, 2011

"And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen" (Romans 16:20).

This is an intriguing promise, suggesting that believers can somehow inflict bruises on the devil, who is perpetually seeking to "devour" them (1 Peter 5:cool.  This promise is a clear allusion to the primeval assurance of Genesis 3:15, when God promised that the unique "seed" of "the woman" would eventually "bruise" (actually "crush"wink the head of the old serpent, the devil.  This prophecy will finally be fulfilled in Christ's ultimate victory, when Satan first will be bound for a thousand years in the bottomless pit and then confined forever in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:2, 10).

In the meantime believers, who also in a sense are the woman's spiritual "seed" (Revelation 12:17), can repeatedly achieve local and temporary victories over Satan and his wiles by resisting him "Stedfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:9).  If we resist him as Jesus did, with relevant Scripture, then God promises that he will "flee from you" (James 4:7).  Such local victories can be obtained over these dangerous teachers whom Satan is using (note Romans 16:17-19, just preceding today's text) "shortly" in this manner, but we need to be continually alert against his recurrent attacks.  The ultimate victory over Satan, of course, will be won only by the Lord Jesus when He returns, and we must "be sober, be vigilant" (1 Peter 5:cool until that time.

Whether we are aware of it or not, we must perpetually "wrestle . . . against the rulers of the darkness of this world" (Ephesians 6:12), who will be casting "fiery darts" (v. 16) against each believer.  Finally, with the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (v. 17), we can even by God's grace inflict spiritual wounds on Satan himself! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On May 02, 2011

God's Mission for Your Life

TEXT: LUKE 10:1-24

"After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come" (Luke 10:1).

More often than not, believers spend endless time and resources more in search of what constitutes God’s purpose for their lives. They expect something more grandiose. But God has a simple purpose for our lives than we may realize.

Christ’s ministry grew from the initial 12 disciples to a multitude of people. Having experienced conversion through the message of salvation, they began to follow Him. Out of these, the Lord called 70 whom he paired and deployed to every city He was due to preach the gospel. He told them to expect opposition and hospitality. And, as part of the commission, to heal the sick and call all to repentance by proclaiming that the kingdom of God was near. They were not to waste their time in places where they were not accepted, but recognize that those who despised them were in fact, rejecting Him.

On their return, the disciples were overjoyed because, "the devils are subject to us through thy name." Impressed, Christ told them to rather rejoice because their names were registered in heaven, even though He had also given them power "over all the power of the enemy." Their involvement prompted Jesus to rejoice and thank God that had made the gospel available to all irrespective of their status.

The Lord wants us to make soul-winning our most important mission in life. As we spread the good news of Christ’s sacrifice for the sins of all humanity, we must also pray for more selfless and dedicated disciples that would be committed to evangelism. It is obvious that there is no unemployment in God’s Kingdom; there is something for everyone to do. Therefore, we must all get involved. When opposition arises as we preach the gospel, we must face it with wisdom, gentleness and love. If we remain tenacious and persevering, we will be as fruitful as the disciples were. The devils will be subject to us, souls will be saved and we will bring joy to our Lord.

Thought for the day: "The greatest accomplishment is to save a soul from doom"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2011
Son of the Living God
May 2, 2011

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16).

This ringing affirmation of faith came from Peter as spokesman, but undoubtedly was shared by all the disciples, since Jesus had asked the question "Whom say ye that I am?" of them all. Actually, they had probably all been disciples of John the Baptist, who had directed them to Jesus, and so had heard John's testimony concerning Christ's identity. John had said that Jesus was indeed "the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father" (John 1:18).

Yet, as they had been following Him, they had heard Him speak of Himself far more often as "the Son of man." Over thirty times, in the gospel of Matthew alone, He identified Himself as Son of man, not once as the Son of God. Nevertheless, He accepted Peter's statement as absolutely true, saying that the Father had so revealed it.

In fact it is essential that one must believe it to be saved. Jesus did say: "But he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

Yet He seems to want us to know Him especially as the Son of man, perhaps so that we will never forget that He, though God, is also man just like us. And as man, He was "in all points |tested| like as we are, yet without sin" so He can "be touched with the feeling of our infirmities," and we now can "come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:15-16).

John was enabled to see Christ once again, long after His return to heaven. Although He was now in His resurrection body, John still saw Him as "one like unto the Son of man" (Revelation 1:13). Although He is indeed the Son of the living God, He is also our "man in the glory" ! HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 253
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.