Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74110 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2011
Pleasant Perplexities
May 3, 2011

"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you" (Philippians 1:23-24).

As we mature in the Lord, our fear of death recedes into the background and ultimately, as this verse demonstrates, becomes a desire to leave this sin cursed world behind and pass into the presence of the Creator.

The word choices in this passage are unusual.  The verse could be translated "I am held together out of two pressures, a passion to be loosed to be with Christ; which is very much more serviceable for me: but remaining here in the flesh is, out of necessity, more critical for you." 

Thus, the tension of the true saint of God.  The more that is known about the joy awaiting us in the presence of our Lord, the less we see earthly values and goals as things to work toward.  Yet the needs of churches, new Christians, troubled souls, and challenges surrounding our lives require a commitment to complete the "course" that God has given us to finish (2 Timothy 4:7).

The Lord Jesus insisted that we not worry about tomorrow, because the evil of each day was "sufficient" (Matthew 6:34), since there is trouble enough in the world among those who reject God’s authority (2 Timothy 3:1-7).  The evil that surrounds us should motivate us to long for the eternal rest promised to the people of God (Hebrews 4:9).

But to struggle with conflict resolution among the churches adds to the burden.  Many in the ministry know this tension, as do most who serve regularly in their own churches.  Perhaps our own peace comes when we finally determine that it is "far better" to serve. HMM III

For more . . . .

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Seek No Revenge

TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 24:1-22

"Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the Lord had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the Lord's anointed" (1 Samuel 24:10).

Thought for the day: "Seeking revenge is an alternative route to perdition"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2011

Reject and be Damned

TEXT: JOHN 12:37-50

"Nevertheless, among the chief rulers also many believed on Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue, for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" (John 12:42,43).

Thought for the day: "Those who reject the love of God will receive His rod of judgment"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Nobody: 10:45am On May 04, 2011
God bless you OP.I would like to know your thoughts on Psalm 11 vs 3 'if the foundations be destroyed,what can the righteous do?'
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2011
lari03:

God bless you OP.I would like to know your thoughts on Psalm 11 vs 3 'if the foundations be destroyed,what can the righteous do?'

While we await the OP's response entertain yourself with this picture that shows us where the problem lies.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Nobody: 11:54am On May 04, 2011
Interesting picture!
Well, I have seen a lot in my life time and that's why I asked. The bible says De 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
Then when you check King David's life, he was the tenth generation of Judah's incestuous relationship. So do you get the idea about Foundations?
Because I need to let someone who is a born again christian understand that there are natural laws attached to some sins and so you may ask for forgiveness, but the devil will still accuse you before God until you serve your sentence or God opens one's eyes as to how and what to pray by revelation.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2011
Here is the solution. The moment Christians start to become the builders of the breach.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:49am On May 05, 2011

Letter dictated by the LORD JESUS to Sabrina on April 30, 2011:

This is your GOD and MAKER JESUS CHRIST, the one who bore the cross in your place.

I am a GOD of great compassion and love for MY people and children.

I AM that I AM, I AM is MY Name.

I AM means everything in everything. I AM means All in All. I AM is the complete meaning of MY Name. I AM has made everything. I AM let you think. I AM let you feel. I AM totally constructed in your being. Without ME there is no life possible on earth.

I have given MY Breath of life as your breathe. HE is your life. MY SPIRIT breathes through you. HE has given you the life. Without HIM there is no life possible on earth.

MY FATHER is the CREATOR and ORIGINATOR of all this. HE has chosen you before the foundation of the world. HE has created you and thought of you. You are a soul in HIS HANDS. HE has thought of you.

Therefore, MY FATHER is to be Glorified above all. Without HIS knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence, this world would never have materialized. Therefore, consider well who you want to serve on this earth. Do you serve mother earth as you call her or FATHER GOD? These are MY Words. Consider who you serve.

I AM has created you and given the breath of life. WE, MY FATHER, MY SPIRIT, and I, the ONE WHO bore your cross are ONE. Therefore, consider well who you want to serve.

Now is still the time of grace. I have given MY Words. I have given MY WORD. Everything is available to you to know WHO your GOD is. It is etched in you internally, and yet you oppose yourselves against your GOD, your MAKER, CREATOR.
[color=#770077]

There is only one thing that separates people from their GOD: sin. Many of you cannot surrender because pride covets their hearts. PRIDE! This pride will also take you to hell, where your pride will soon be broken by the torments for ever and ever.

I know that these words do not like to be read, but if I do not bring them out, many will still be lost. Therefore heed MY Words, MY children. Please, the time is so short. I am ready to fetch MY bride, to snatch her away from this earth to her eternal home. Oh so many things that I have prepared for her. She is MY beloved. I love her heart. She has overwhelmed and won MY Heart.

Unfortunately, not everyone will be part of MY bride. Only those who have laid down their lives for ME and let ME reign over their life. Only those…

My Heart is moved, because I know how many will stay behind when I come for MY bride. This also has been foretold long ago. Yet many of you do not heed it, because of your own thinking, your own knowledge, your own interpretation of MY Words and WORD stands in their way. This too is pride. Pride is a nasty quality. Only those who are humble of heart can please ME, only they are useful in MY Hands, only those who let themselves be kneaded into pure gold, will also inherit the gold in MY Kingdom.

O’ the glory that I have put away for MY children! My dear children, this is your GOD. Please heed MY Words. These are not empty words, but words of deep content. I love you all. But, I must act and judge after MY WORD, MY Eternal WORD. Therefore know that the time is short and I already pour out MY Judgments over this earth. Open your eyes and ears, and see, and know that your GOD is coming very soon!

I AM is Coming Soon!

BE READY!

Galatians 6:14 (KJV): But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Exodus 3:14 (KJV): And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Genesis 7:15 (KJV): And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

Ephesians 1:3-4 (KJV): Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Isaiah 14:11 (KJV): Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Revelation 22:20 (KJV): He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
[/color]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2011
Mercy and Truth
May 5, 2011

"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" (Psalm 85:10).

The words "mercy" (Hebrew checed, also often translated by "kindness" or "lovingkindness"wink and "truth" (Hebrew emeth) occur more often in the psalms than in any other book.  In fact, "mercy" occurs more in the psalms than in all the rest of the Old Testament put together.  Though at first these two concepts seem opposed to each other (for how can God's truth, which abhors sin, be compatible with His mercy, which forgives sin?), nevertheless they are "met together," for "his salvation," according to the previous verse, "is nigh them that fear him" (v. 9).

"Mercy and truth" (or "lovingkindness and truth"wink are brought together at least sixteen times in the Old Testament, including ten times in the psalms.  And when God's eternal truth can be united with His loving mercy, both mediated through His Holy Word, there is great blessing indeed!  "All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies" (25:10).  "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name" (138:2).  The first time the phrase is found in the Bible is in the prayer of Abraham's servant, thanking God for "his mercy and his truth" (Genesis 24:27).

God's mercy and truth, of course, are really met together only in Jesus Christ, through whom God can both "be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus" (Romans 3:26).  He is "our peace" (Ephesians 2:14) and is "made unto us . . . righteousness" (1 Corinthians 1:30).  He is "the truth" (John 14:6) and will show in the ages to come "the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:7). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2011

A Guilty Conscience

TEXT: GENESIS 42:21-38

"And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us" (Genesis 42:21).

Thought for the day: "Is your conscience a guide to your action(s)?"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 7:52am On May 06, 2011

+ To tolerate "self-pity" in one's own life is to open the door wide to great "discontentment" - and the fruit thereof [depression, lethargy, slothfulness, procrastination etc.]. Self-pity is one of the key strategies of a "spirit of disheartenment" and, when "succumbed" to [allowed to work in one's life], will cause My children to get their eyes off of My Word [Will] and onto themselves and their physical circumstances - leading to much unbelief and the deferral of [supernatural] hope [revelation] on their part.
[/color][b]"self-pity" - pity [the experiencing of an ungodly sorrow] for oneself, especially a self-indulgent attitude [through self-focus] concerning one's own difficulties, hardships etc;

"discontentment" - dissatisfaction; restlessness; uneasiness;

"succumb" - to give way to superior force; yield to;

, "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart", Hebrews 12:1-3 NASB

, 'Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God [Ephesians 2:6]. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God", Colossians 3:1-3 NASB

, [supernatural]"Hope [vision] deferred makes the heart sick, but [godly] desire fulfilled is a tree of life", [/b][color=#990000]
Proverbs 13:12 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2011

God is on Your Side

TEXT: 2 KINGS 6:9-23

"And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them" (2 Kings 6:16).

Thought for the day:  "Our lives are hid with Christ in God"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On May 06, 2011
Job and Adam
May 6, 2011

"If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom" (Job 31:33)

The patriarch Job lived long before Moses and the writing of the Pentateuch, yet he knew about Adam and his fall and likewise about God's curse on the world because of Adam's sin.

Note the following references in the book of Job to death and the curse: "Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1; compare Genesis 3:16). "All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust" (Job 34:15; note Genesis 3:19).

Evidently Job still had access to the records of primeval history, either by verbal tradition from his ancestors or perhaps through actual written records of the ancient patriarchs handed down from Adam to Moses.

There are also a number of references in Job to man's original creation. After speaking first of the beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea, Job asks: "Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind" (Job 12:9-10). Note also Elihu's testimony: "The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life" (Job 33:4).

The book of Job was almost certainly the first written of all the books of the Bible, and it testifies abundantly that the knowledge of the true God and His creation was still the common heritage of mankind at that time. Job knew the Lord, and never tried to hide anything from Him, as Adam had done. His ancient testimony is still true today. Quoting what must have been an early revelation from God, he wrote: "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding" (Job 28:28). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2011
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Andrearose(f): 7:51pm On May 06, 2011
Excuse me please, how do you insert a video?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On May 06, 2011
Andrearose:

Excuse me please, how do you insert a video?

Once you cut the videoclip link from the embedded then click on the reply button and click on the insert flash, you then paste what the embedded link in-between.  Go to the help hyperlink that is next to the home button at the top of this page then click on the posting option, then scroll down till you get to the references and read up on the insert flash option for better understanding.

And duala, you can click on the reply button.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On May 07, 2011
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On May 07, 2011
The Soul Exchange
May 7, 2011

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Mark 8:36-37)

The lives of many people revolve almost completely around the stock exchange, and they never stop to realize that it easily may become a soul exchange, where they exchange their very souls for the imagined blessings of the great god Mammon. "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (1 Timothy 6:10).

Similarly, many are greatly exercised about their monthly profit-and-loss statements. But the Lord Jesus asks whether there is really a profit, even if one acquires the wealth of the whole world at the cost of his soul, and the answer to such a rhetorical question has to be: "No!" For "the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever" (1 John 2:17).

Furthermore, the words "life" in verse 35 and "soul" in our text are actually the same word (psuche) in the Greek original. That is, to lose one's soul is to lose one's very life, for they are inseparable. A life centred around money is not only a soul lost, but a life wasted as well. On the other hand, if we lose our lives in Christ, then we find true life, eternal life, beginning here and now, and continuing forever. This is a good exchange!

God may well bless a Christian with material wealth, but this should not be his motivation. "Charge them that are rich in this world," Paul says, "that they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate |i.e., share|; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life" (1 Timothy 6:17-19). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2011

Got the Right Attitude?

TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:4-8

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians4:cool.

Thought for the day:  "Have the right attitude of gratitude and experience"

For Details . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 7:30pm On May 08, 2011

Letter Dictated by the LORD JESUS to Sabrina, May 7, 2011:

This is the last hour. Many still think they have 'time.’

I, GOD tell you, all time is over! This is the hour! Wake up!

If you do not wake up now from your mundane intoxication, it will be too late for many. These are loving words that I, GOD am giving you because I want everyone to be saved!
I, GOD, JESUS ​​died to take your sins upon ME. I bore all your abominations. I bore all your diseases. All your sorrows and burdens, I bore. Why then, do you act as if I do not exist? As if I am dead?

I tell you, I am alive for ever and ever! I am the ALPHA and the OMEGA, the ETERNAL GOD! Do you realize that? Why then do many of MY children not yet give the best of their time to ME? Do you think it does not matter? O’ what a surprise it will be for many of you! What a surprise will MY Coming be for many of you as you awaken and realize that your loved ones are raptured! What an abomination will it be for you then!

I tell you, just as your sin and self-righteousness is an abomination in MY eyes, so will MY Coming be an abomination in your eyes. Only then will you realize how true and serious MY WORD is.

MY WORD is unchanged. I AM is unchanged. You are the ones who change MY WORD and I AM. But I tell you, I AM is unchanged and remains unchanged for ever and ever!
I AM the LAMB, but also THE LION! I AM that I am, unchanged.

Live after MY WORD! NOW is the time to live according to MY WORD and to give ME all honor and to cast aside your honor. The only honor in life is to live after MY WORD, that is the meaning of honor. All honor and glory goes to ME!

I AM the great GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE ETERNAL, THE ROCK, THE LION but also THE LAMB.

How then do you get in your head to think that I AM is venal? “I AM” am unchanged. MY WORD is law and unchanged. This world continues to turn in her span of lies. Fornication it is! Fornication with this world! I can not marry a LovePeddler. I come for MY bride. I know these are harsh words, but if you heed them, it can mean your salvation.

This world has nothing to offer! Absolutely nothing! She brings you only perdition, perdition and death, death in soul, spirit, and body. Fornication with this world…

What can a loving GOD give you more than HIS Own Life? I have given you MY Life by dying and rising. Well then, LIVE! Life is only possible in ME. Besides ME there is nothing, just death.

Realize MY children, that MY Coming for MY bride is planned. The time is NOW! Make yourselves ready if you still have time! BE READY! Search ME and I will let MYSELF be found. I am a loving GOD and many warnings have reached this lost world. Unfortunately, little heed. These are truly the last warnings MY children. These are the last warnings.

Give heed to MY Words and come in MY KINGDOM, where you will have eternal life and will drink from the fountain of life. No sickness, no pain, no suffering. I have died so you might have life in abundance, now then, come in MY KINGDOM and cease this world, the kingdom of the satan.

The hour is here.

Be ready NOW!

Your FATHER, the LORD JESUS has spoken.

[b]Joel 1:5 (KJV): Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

Revelation 1:18 (KJV): I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 3:3 (KJV): Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Proverbs 19:12 (KJV): The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.

Jeremiah 25:38 (KJV): He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Revelation 5:6a (KJV): And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain,

Revelation 2:21 (KJV): And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Revelation 21:6 (KJV): And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:06am On May 09, 2011
Peace and joy

Ok Lord what is it that you want us to know right now, this day, this hour, this minute?
I knew that I had a word in my spirit but could not grasp it fully until I turned off all of the noise around me and really got still and focused. Then I heard the Lord say : Those who are mine, hear My words now. There is much noise around you, much alert, much fear, much talk. All of this would keep you from hearing what I am saying to you this day, this hour, this minute. It is meant to take your joy and your peace, the very things that are essential for your survival during this time. There is nothing that is happening or that will happen that I do not know about already. I am not deaf, I am not blind, I am not confused or surprised by anything that occurs. I say to you, take account of yourself, are you in peace and joy? Is all of the clamoring taking a toll on your faith? Why? Did I not say that I am with you always, I have not fallen from My throne nor have I run for cover. All of this has need to be, to hasten Jesus return. Should not your focus be on that one event? All the more you should be listening to the One that knows, the One that holds the answers, the One that is moving through these circumstances, the One that you will stand before on that day. Keep your gaze up, listen inwardly to Me and not externally to all of the noise. I am your maker, I created all things and I have not ceded my power over them to another. There is one who would usurp it but he is coming to a terrible and tragic end, not you my beloved children. I have planned every minute detail of the great victory that is coming. You, like Jesus did, must not be concentrating on what is around you right now, but on what is beyond, the glory that is coming. So glorious, I am so anticipating that day. Can you not feel it bubbling in your spirit? Great victory, eternal victory, no more battle, battling done, all battles won, no more fighting, no more striving, only peace and joy. That is My kingdom, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. He is the vessel that will bring you to Me, climb aboard, stay aboard and enjoy the journey. It will be an adventure but you, like Esther were brought to the kingdom for such a time as this. You were meant from the foundation of time to be here, to see this, to witness this, to stand and shine in all of this, to manifest the glory in all of this. Which is better to see the beginning or the end of a plan coming together perfect? It all will come together perfectly you know, I have not missed one detail of it all. Now listen to Me intently, I will guide you through, I will lead you through. Stand and see My glory, My will revealed beginning to end. That is all that you have to do is stand and see and move with Me and stay with Me. Don't break rank now, it may seem fearsome but you are safe in Me. I hold your life and I hold the outcome. Live the fear free life, it will testify to others who need a shelter from all of the fear. I am that shelter and you too will be an extension of Me in the days to come. Minister peace and joy, it is yours in abundance, share it, focus on this not on what is happening around you. The Bridegroom is hastening His return, the wedding day is at hand, get ready, get ready, get ready. Is your bridal gown ready? Peace and joy, peace and joy.

Submitted by Rose Provencher (roselion43@att.net)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On May 10, 2011
Atonement
May 9, 2011

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch" (Genesis 6:14)

It may be surprising to learn that God's instructions to Noah concerning the Ark's design contain the first reference in the Bible to the great doctrine of atonement. The Hebrew word used here for pitch (kaphar) is the same word translated "atonement" in many other places in the Old Testament.

While the New Testament word "atonement" implies reconciliation, the Old Testament "atonement" was merely a covering (with many applications). As the pitch was to make the Ark watertight, keeping the judgment waters of the Flood from reaching those inside, so, on the sacrificial altar, "it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" (Leviticus 17:11), keeping the fires of God's wrath away from the sinner for whom the sacrifice was substituted and slain. The pitch was a covering for the Ark, and the blood was a covering for the soul, the first assuring physical deliverance; the second, spiritual salvation.

However, not even the shed blood on the altar could really produce salvation. It could assure it through faith in God's promises on the part of the sinner who offered it, but "the blood of bulls and of goats" could never "take away sins" (Hebrews 10:4).

Both the covering pitch and animal blood were mere symbols of the substituting death of Jesus Christ, "whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God" (Romans 3:25). Through faith in Christ, our sins are "covered" under the blood, forgiven by God, and replaced by His own perfect righteousness, by all of which we become finally and fully reconciled to God. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:57am On May 10, 2011
SELF GLORY

Self Glory is Pride and God will NEVER share His Glory with anyone including His Children who may be stealing His Glory. If you desire to draw close to God, you must die to your sinful nature. For without Holiness, NO ONE will see the Lord! Use this time as Grace is available to get things right with God.

Stop pointing the finger at other peoples' weakness and work out your own salvation with trembling and fear. It is the human nature to always play back seat quarter back. How can the fan watching sports call the coach or the players a bunch of foul words when they themselves do not even come close to qualifying being in their position?
They really think they know better?
When one points the finger at the weaknesses of others, one is attempting to compensate their own weakness with pride.

Luke 6:42 (Amplified Bible) Or how can you say to your brother, Brother, allow me to take out the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the beam that is in your own eye? You actor (pretender, hypocrite)! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Isaiah 58:9 (Amplified Bible) Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, Here I am. If you take away from your midst yokes of oppression [wherever you find them], the FINGER pointed in SCORN [toward the oppressed or the godly], and every form of false, harsh, unjust, and wicked speaking,

Proverbs 9:12 (Amplified Bible) If you are wise, you are wise for yourself; if you SCORN, you alone will bear it and pay the penalty.

All healing comes through repentance and a contrite spirit. Ask the Holy Spirit to search your hearts. The King of Kings is Returning! Teshuvah (repentance)! We must be examining our lives instead of busy examining others.
SHALOM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:15am On May 11, 2011
Letter Dictated by the LORD JESUS to Sabrina, May 7, 2011:

This is the last hour. Many still think they have 'time.’

I, GOD tell you, all time is over! This is the hour! Wake up!

If you do not wake up now from your mundane intoxication, it will be too late for many. These are loving words that I, GOD am giving you because I want everyone to be saved!
I, GOD, JESUS ​​died to take your sins upon ME. I bore all your abominations. I bore all your diseases. All your sorrows and burdens, I bore. Why then, do you act as if I do not exist? As if I am dead?

I tell you, I am alive for ever and ever! I am the ALPHA and the OMEGA, the ETERNAL GOD! Do you realize that? Why then do many of MY children not yet give the best of their time to ME? Do you think it does not matter? O’ what a surprise it will be for many of you! What a surprise will MY Coming be for many of you as you awaken and realize that your loved ones are raptured! What an abomination will it be for you then!

I tell you, just as your sin and self-righteousness is an abomination in MY eyes, so will MY Coming be an abomination in your eyes. Only then will you realize how true and serious MY WORD is.

MY WORD is unchanged. I AM is unchanged. You are the ones who change MY WORD and I AM. But I tell you, I AM is unchanged and remains unchanged for ever and ever!
I AM the LAMB, but also THE LION! I AM that I am, unchanged.

Live after MY WORD! NOW is the time to live according to MY WORD and to give ME all honor and to cast aside your honor. The only honor in life is to live after MY WORD, that is the meaning of honor. All honor and glory goes to ME!

I AM the great GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE ETERNAL, THE ROCK, THE LION but also THE LAMB.

How then do you get in your head to think that I AM is venal? “I AM” am unchanged. MY WORD is law and unchanged. This world continues to turn in her span of lies. Fornication it is! Fornication with this world! I can not marry a LovePeddler. I come for MY bride. I know these are harsh words, but if you heed them, it can mean your salvation.

This world has nothing to offer! Absolutely nothing! She brings you only perdition, perdition and death, death in soul, spirit, and body. Fornication with this world…

What can a loving GOD give you more than HIS Own Life? I have given you MY Life by dying and rising. Well then, LIVE! Life is only possible in ME. Besides ME there is nothing, just death.

Realize MY children, that MY Coming for MY bride is planned. The time is NOW! Make yourselves ready if you still have time! BE READY! Search ME and I will let MYSELF be found. I am a loving GOD and many warnings have reached this lost world. Unfortunately, little heed. These are truly the last warnings MY children. These are the last warnings.

Give heed to MY Words and come in MY KINGDOM, where you will have eternal life and will drink from the fountain of life. No sickness, no pain, no suffering. I have died so you might have life in abundance, now then, come in MY KINGDOM and cease this world, the kingdom of the satan.

The hour is here.

Be ready NOW!

Your FATHER, the LORD JESUS has spoken.

[b]
Joel 1:5 (KJV): Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

Revelation 1:18 (KJV): I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 3:3 (KJV): Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Proverbs 19:12 (KJV): The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.

Jeremiah 25:38 (KJV): He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Revelation 5:6a (KJV): And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain,

Revelation 2:21 (KJV): And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Revelation 21:6 (KJV): And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2011
Things Worth Knowing
May 11, 2011

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2)

Although the book of 1 John is well known for its use of the word "love," various words, such as "know," "perceive," and "behold," occur almost as often.

Several of these words refer to the work of Christ in salvation.  "And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins" (1 John 3:5).  "We know that we have passed from death unto life" (1 John 3:14), and "hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us" (1 John 3:16).  This knowledge brings great comfort and assurance: "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).

This knowledge should bring us into a life of submission and service: "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (1 John 2:5).  Similarly, "he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" (1 John 3:24; see also 1 John 4:13).

This gives us confidence in prayer: "And this is the confidence that we have in him, . . . if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, . . . we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

The culmination of a life marked by salvation, assurance, empowering, and victory will be that we will be with Him and be like Him. "Behold |same word as 'know'|, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God" (1 John 3:1). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 6:03am On May 12, 2011

Crossing Over
Then you will find yourself moving into spiritual maturity, when you begin to
experience the intensity of my Presence waning. Know that I am still with you.
And when I have weaned you, this is the time when you stay in my Word because I
will teach you many things and equip you for service.
You will begin to die to the things you love. This is your period of dying. I
will touch areas of your life that you need to sacrifice to me. You will learn
how to die to self.
One death leads to another death but each leads you closer to where I am taking
you.
You will travel on faith. Faith is your raft on a stormy sea. But my Spirit will
be the wind that carries you. My love will propel you and My strong arm will
sustain you.
Having surrendered your life to me I will now begin to pull from you the things
you cannot give up. This is the real test. Will you allow Me, my child? Will you
let go?
Yes, it is necessary that you do this. Luke 22:41-43. At this junction you are
one step away from where I want you to be. You are crossing over. But do not be
like the Children of Israel who did not cross over because of fear and unbelief
brought about by disobedience. Deuteronomy 1:6-8, 19-40.
You are in the garden of Gethsemane praying great sweats like blood. Luke 22:
44. You are in Pilate?s Court. You are on the Cross. This is your death unto
service. John 12: 24.
You shall rise in newness. Not recognizing yourself. Because I shall be in You
and you shall be in Me and we shall be one. And when they look at you they shall
see my Glory! John 17: 20-23.
Dorett
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2011
The Indwelling Holy Spirit
May 12, 2011

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9)

Note that in this one verse the Holy Spirit is called both "the Spirit of God" and "the Spirit of Christ." Thus the two terms are synonymous, which means that Christ is God, and so is the Holy Spirit.

Note also that we "have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15). In fact, our text assures each of us that we are actually living "in the Spirit," because He has come to "dwell in you." All of this has come about "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy, . . . by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5). This glorious new birth, with sins forgiven and eternal life, is accomplished by the Holy Spirit in response to our faith in Christ as Saviour and Lord.

But also note that "if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." It is absolutely vital that we have the Holy Spirit, "for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Romans 8:14). The question is, just how do we know that we have the Holy Spirit?

The answer is, because His Word says so! "He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me," said Jesus, "hath everlasting life" (John 5:24). Furthermore, we have the testimony of internal peace and assurance. "The Spirit |Himself| beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Romans 8:16).

Finally, the indwelling Spirit will increasingly be growing His eternal fruit in our lives--the ninefold fruit of "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance" (Galatians 5:22-23), and this will testify to others also that we do indeed have the Holy Spirit. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 6:20am On May 13, 2011
George Varghese

‎"LET US PRAY" - That God will Pour Out "Mighty Disillusionsment and Unbearable and Unsatifiable Emptiness in the Hearts of Millions of Unsaved Precious Souls Worldwide" who Seek for Salvation of their Souls in man made Religions, Philosophies and,  Things of this world : So that may desperately Seek for "The Truth" and for "The Living God" and in doing so - 'THEY WILL MEET WITH THEIR SAVIOR - JESUS CHRIST'. "MOST IMPORTANT" - LET US PRAY THAT GOD WILL VERY EFFECTIVELY USE ALL OF HIS BLOOD WASHED CHILDREN WORLDWIDE - SO THAT THERE WILL A MIGHTY HARVEST OF MILLIONS OF SOULS IN THE COMING DAYS, MONTHS AND YEARS. The Harvest is Plenty, but the Workers are few.

AMEN AMEN AMEN IN JESUS NAME

TIME IS RUNNING OUT AND REAL FAST
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 6:22am On May 13, 2011

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME & US;

IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST - ONE AND ONLY TRUE AND LIVING GOD; CREATOR AND SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND!

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
( JOHN 8:58)

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.
This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
( EXODUS 3:14)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
( HEBREWS 13:cool

He ( JESUS CHRIST) was given Authority, Glory and Sovereign Power; All peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His Dominion is an Everlasting Dominion that will not pass away, and His Kingdom is one that will Never be destroyed. ( DANIEL 7:14)

For by Him ( JESUS CHRIST) All things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for Him. ( COLOSSIANS 1:16)

“You are Worthy, our Lord and God, to receive Glory and Honor and Power,
for You Created all things, and by Your Will they were Created and have their being.” ( REVELATION 4:11)

He ( JESUS CHRIST) Must Increase, but I must decrease.
( JOHN 3:30)

“I am the Lord; that is my name!
I Will Not Give My Glory to another or My Praise to idols.
( ISAIAH 42:cool

All Glory and Honor be Unto "JESUS CHRIST" ; Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To Him ( JESUS CHRIST) who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be Praise and Honor and Glory and Power, for Ever and Ever!" ( REVELATION 5:13)

AMEN AND AMEN
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2011
Death by Sin
May 13, 2011

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Romans 5:12)

This very important verse conveys several vital truths. First of all, death came into the world only when sin came into the world. Suffering and death of conscious life, whether animal or human, were not a part of God's "finished" and "very good" creation (Genesis 1:31 - 2:3). There was an abundance of food and all other provisions for both people and animals. There was certainly no "struggle for existence" or "survival of the fittest," for every creature was created "fit" for its own environment.

When Adam sinned, however, it became necessary for God to bring the curse of decay and death not only upon Adam, but also upon all his dominion (Genesis 3:17-20; see also Romans 8:20-22; 1 Corinthians 15:21-22).

Furthermore, there remains no warrant for the notion that "Adam" is simply a generic term representing the human race. He was "one man." In fact, he was "the first man" (1 Corinthians 15:45), and Eve was "the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20). There was certainly no population of evolving hominids becoming "Adam." In fact, Christ Himself made it clear that Adam and Eve were there "from the beginning of the creation" (Mark 10:6, quoting Genesis 1:27).

The entire argument here in Romans 5:12-21 becomes irrelevant if the Genesis record of the creation and Fall of Adam did not happen precisely as recorded in Genesis 1-3, and this would mean that there is no reality in the saving work of Christ, either.

Such a rejection of the Christian faith is hardly warranted by the fragmentary fossils that have been alleged to support the notion of human evolution. No one should stake his eternal soul on such a will-o'-the-wisp as that! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 7:06am On May 14, 2011
Letter Received from JESUS Given to Sabrina on May 12, 2011:

I, JEHOVAH GOD come soon. MY coming stands at the door.

“I AM” am about to write history. Much will be written about this upcoming event. Many explanations will be given. But I tell you now, there is only one explanation, the correct one, and this is that MY bride will be taken away in her eternal rooms with her GOD…an eternity to celebrate a meal together and to be one with her ​​GOD…an eternity of pure enjoying the bliss of her GOD…an eternity with her MAKER and SAVIOR.

However, I tell you, whoever does not receive ME and does not believe in ME as his or her only SAVIOR, will be lost. The time is coming and it is now that I will snatch away MY bride from this ever-darkening world.

The antichrist is about to come on stage. I tell you, whoever accepts his number is lost! Hell is the only place destined for these people. Open your eyes, ears, and senses. Everything smells like the antichrist. The whole world is full of his presence. Soon there will be a cover over this world and people will blindly follow the enemy and be caught in his trap. I hear few sermons on this matter, a matter of life or death.

It is not about your own feelings anymore, about your own career, about your own interests, about your own dreams. It is now about ME and your eternity. This world phase is almost over. The phase of grace is almost over. Choose NOW for your GOD and MAKER. Oh but we do it anyway, you say. Oh really? I tell you, if someone does not obey MY WORD, I cannot even consider you as MY bride. MY bride is pure, chaste, clean; without spot, stain, and wrinkle!

If you make your own commandments and embellish them to meet your own desires anyway, your own flesh, then you will definitely bring ruin upon yourselves. I am a very righteous GOD and regard no person. I tell you, NOW is the time for complete obedience, NOW!

Make no compromises with MY WORD. Do not make your own compromises as you see fit. I, GOD, will not accept it. I AM unchanged and MY WORD is unchanged and MY character is unchanged.

Do you realize WHO your GOD is? Do you realize every time you twist MY WORD or adapt to your own rules and lusts, that this is a curse? MY WORD says, cursed is everyone who takes away or adds to MY WORD. Why then do you throw out certain parts of MY WORD? MY WORD is complete!

Read MY WORD, and stop filling yourselves with things that lead nowhere but to perdition. Every time you fill yourselves with worldly, devilish affairs, you bring ruin to your own soul.

I wish you understood how serious this all is. If someone lives after MY WORD, MY STATUTES, MY COMMANDMENTS, it will go well with him. Only then will I pour out the blessings, blessings that you cannot even bear anymore. Is not this the life you want?
It is very simple and not at all difficult: Obey MY WORD!

I, GOD make no compromises. I, GOD will not compromise with this world. MY WORD is MY WORD and stands firm forever. Obey MY WORD, live after MY WORD, and it will go well within spirit, soul, and body.

Do not come to ME afterwards that you did not know and are surprised that you are left behind. These are harsh words, but I want to save everyone, as I see many are still lost and compromise with themselves and this world.

The time is almost over. The grace is ticking away. Be ready and prepared, for your GOD comes very soon!

The age of grace is over!

Your GOD from heaven has spoken. These are MY WORDS.

[b]
Revelation 13:17-18 (KJV): 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Ephesians 5:27 (KJV): That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV): For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Deuteronomy 5:29 (KJV): O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

3 John 1:2 (KJV): Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2011
Our Weekly Day of Rest and Worship
May 14, 2011

"And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day" (Deuteronomy 5:15)

It is significant that God's Ten Commandments are found twice in the Bible (Exodus 20:3-17 and Deuteronomy 5:6-21). In fact, "Deuteronomy" means "the Second Law." The two are worded identically, with a few exceptions.

The most significant of these changes is in connection with the reason given for obeying the fourth commandment, to "keep the sabbath day." In Exodus, the reason given is: "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day" (Exodus 20:11). Here in "the second law," the reason given is that God saved Israel out of bondage in Egypt, and now was about to enter the Promised Land. In other words, when the Israelites observed each Sabbath day in rest and worship, they were acknowledging God as both their Creator and their Redeemer.

Christians also, as they devote every seventh day as a day of rest and worship, should be remembering God for His finished creation ("the heavens and the earth were finished"--Genesis 2:1) and His finished redemption ("It is finished" was Christ's victory cry on the cross--John 19:30).

The word "Sabbath" means "rest", of course--not "Saturday" or "Sunday" or even "seventh" (the word for "seventh" in Hebrew is similar, but distinctly different from that for "sabbath"wink. Most Christians now believe it is appropriate to honour the Lord Jesus (who is both their Creator and Redeemer) to take their seventh day of rest and worship on the first day of each week, thereby recognizing both His finished work of redemption and also His finished work of creation. HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.