Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? (5324 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging / Please Help Before Voguepay Put Me Out Of Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 20, 2011
Guys, i am really tired of smartwebng.com and i want to change host now. can I use syskay.com? their (syskay and smartwebng) website looks pretty similar, is that not a glimpse of an impending inefficiency? I can't really patronize the big guys (hostgator) now.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by utimatedes(m): 8:20am On Jan 20, 2011
If you are going for SYSKAY or Hostgator, I give you 99% assurance that you won't regret.

I have being using Syskay since 2008 and I have no cause to regret. I love him for his prompt technical support and excellent services.

Hostgator is very good as well. I have been using hostgator and their very ok.

Goodluck!
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by utimatedes(m): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2011
The question I want to ask you is that, will smartwebng let you transfer your domain. If you want to transfer your domain from them, just ensure you have many month left for the domain to expire incase they don't want to transfer for you, you will have enough time to battle them and claim your domain using appropriate authorities.

The reason why I am saying this is that, there was a client who wanted to transfer his domain from one reseller hosting company (now defunct) and they refused until the domain expired and they claimed it.

When i notice the sharp practice, I told my clients that since your domain is till new, no pagerank, no much traffic and the his site did not generate any sale for him during the period, I said I will register another domain similar to that and host it else way.

I told him he has to wait for the former domain to expire before we will register it and redirect to the new domain name. I knew that the hosting company will not continue to renew the domain because the domain did not have much traffic or value to gain from and my calculation work and we regained the domain name after about 1&half year.

If the domain name is your company's name, and if you have register your business name, you have to be very careful because if they claim it, it will affect you.

Before you move, just ensure you backup all your files before you contact them for domain transfer

I wish you goodluck
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by showvic(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2011
Sincerely having used both syskay and host gator, I still rate syskay the best. Their excellent support system makes them simply superb. Also they are quick to activate your package once you pay unlike some others that take hours or even days before they acknowledge your payment. I recommend them completely.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by craziest: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
Syskay is cool, i have hoseted like 10 site with them, besides they reply mails immediately when u call them
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2011
showvic:

Sincerely having used both syskay and host gator, I still rate syskay the best. Their excellent support system makes them simply superb. Also they are quick to activate your package once you pay unlike some others that take hours or even days before they acknowledge your payment. I recommend them completely.

Are you saying Syskay is better than Hostgator? I've never used Skyskay which is an Ibadan based hosting company but if you want a host outside Nigeria then i'll suggest Hostgator. They have one of the best reviews on the internet.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by lwise(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
syskay is da bomb,they may be in Ibadan but they are the best.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2011
my company site is: www.aasog.com
they've been hosting that site for sometimes now.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by hubreality(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
@Poster, I will suggest HostGator as the do accept Nigerian Banks Visa/Master cards though requires further verifications with them after payment is made with your card to prove true ownership of card or you could use a proven indigenous web host: Web4Africa

Goodluck!
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by mcon: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
Although I started out with Syskay lately, I'm satisfied with their swift response to enquiries.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by blosomy(f): 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
yemi313:

my company site is: www.aasog.com
they've been hosting that site for sometimes now.

Can you pls send me a blank mail on blosomy@yahoo.co.uk for some details.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Blazing99: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2011
I recommend this site www.aspnetuk.com
The charge is only N3000 per year for an unlimited space.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by mrperfect(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
Judging by the positive comments here, op go for it.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by petres007(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2011
@Poster,

I'm only suggesting these guys because you've been burned before. Alireta for me has proven to be remarkably reliable and we have probably over 15 sites hosted with them for years now and no issues - www.alireta.com wink
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2011
I've been using syskay for years. They are cool, nice customer support.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Jcob(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2011
Syskay is good. No downtime !
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Loveaflame(m): 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2011
Base on some seminars I have attended,they are highly recommended.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by steezzcom: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
My guy go ahead and use syskay. their very reliable. I have hosted a couple of sites with them and they have no problems. like some of the responses said, they respond very fast to issues.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Jeovy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
Syskay will definitely meet your every hosting need
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by azundu1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2011
Have you tried Ceejayhost? Their service is one of the best in the country.
www.ceejaywebhost.com
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by shoggy24(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2011
You should take a look at http://afrowebservers.com
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ utimatedes

utimatedes:

If the domain name is your company's name, and if you have register your business name, you have to be very careful because if they claim it, it will affect you.

Thanks alot, i was about going for the registration of the name. Those guys will not kill me. syskay.com requested for an epp code which could only be gotten from my current host (smartwebng), but all effort to contact sthem has been futile.

I really appreciate everyone that have replied this thread. Thanks alot.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by jerryben12: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
I strongly recommend fountium.com. These guys hosting is has 100% uptime.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2011
Guys please check out this link ( http://www.dailychanges.com/smartwebng.com/ ) its a record of the Recent Activity for the Name Server smartwebng.com. can you explain the report? none of my sites are listed there, does it mean my site are not actually hosted on their server or what?

jerryben12:

I strongly recommend fountium.com. These guys hosting is has 100% uptime.

For how long have you been using them?
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by vandops(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2011
i recommend syskay.I have been using them since 2009 and no qualms, though hostgator is also good, its ur choice though
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by kestebrown(m): 1:14am On Jan 21, 2011
I've noticed that Hostgator is very reliable; However, I get my hosting for free because I'm a member of a training institute where I was able to learn every thing I know today as regards online marketing: web business explained(26 video course) Form creation of website (43 video course), a 21 video course on different ways to generate traffic, how to use face book to your own advantage (Understanding Facebook) and 21 days to success. the truth is that the benefits are just enormous.
Meanwhile the eBook: CREATE YOUR FIRST WEBSITE is available for free at my website; why don't you use this opportunity to grab yours so you can start building your own web site
www.kesterbrownonline.com

Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Decryptor(m): 3:12am On Jan 21, 2011
So i'm not the only one suffering under this smartweb wahala? @poster, please go for syskay. Their services are the best when it comes to Nigerian web hosting. They were the very first webhost to offer me services before the devil tempted me (just like Eve) to give smartweb a try because of their (smartweb) useless unlimited email offers, a decision which i currently regret today. Can u imagine that i purchased a domain name www.christacademyonline.com and after paying, the website comes on and off at random. sometimes it would be offline for days or even weeks. I was adviced to purchase a "domain only" hosting package from another host and point my nameservers to the host by a nairalander but i just did not want to have anything to do with smart ar$eweb so i purchased another domain name entirely "christacademyinternational.com" with syskay. My main site is being hosted by them and i am waiting for it to expire so i can move totally to syskay. To cut the long story short, see thread wey i start because of smartweb:"https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-579852.0.html"
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by bigfatng: 3:39am On Jan 21, 2011
fantastic hosting company
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by mavtrevor(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2011
syskay is the most reliable webhost around. bn using ot for more than 6 yrs now. i hv hosted more than 30 sites with them and there hasn't bn an issue.
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by niyyie(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2011
Re: Help! Before I Enter Another Waterloo, Is Syskay.com A Good Host? by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
This is the best review i've seen about any web hosting companyin Nigeria. I've not used skyskay personally but from the reviews it tells that they're relaible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World's Most Dangerous Website. (only For People Wey Get Mind And Guts) / Please Help, My One Year Old Us Adsense Stopped Displaying Ads / How To Add Your Website Trademark On Videos With Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.