Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

MTN PayGo? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN PayGo? (6855 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2011
Please I need some info on this new tariff plan that just popped up on my phone. Thanks.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Donseaun(m): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2011
Me sef taya o! This pple won Job us again ehn? And i cant find the terms and condition on their site.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Donseaun(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2011
Re: MTN PayGo? by MrStrategy(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2011
When you check your balance, you will find out that MTN has automatically migrated you to a new plan labelled PayGo (that's if you were on a plan that had family and friends enabled - I was on HappyLink).

The new plan alleges to charge just 20k/sec to 6 numbers of your choice: 4 MTN #s; 1 # on any network; and 1 international #.
To register the # of your choice, dial *560*1*number#. To delete dial *560*2*number#. To check your bonus account dial *559#.

Please confirm that all these things work well and post your findings.
Re: MTN PayGo? by exago(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2011
MrStrategy:

When you check your balance, you will find out that MTN has automatically migrated you to a new plan labelled PayGo (that's if you were on a plan that had family and friends enabled - I was on HappyLink).

The new plan alleges to charge just 20k/sec to 6 numbers of your choice: 4 MTN #s; 1 # on any network; and 1 international #.
To register the # of your choice, dial *560*1*number#. To delete dial *560*2*number#. To check your bonus account dial *559#.

NB: The 1 international # is retricted to either One (1) US or Canadian number
Re: MTN PayGo? by wesley80(m): 10:41am On Jan 20, 2011
just saw it. kinda Ok coming from MTN
Re: MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2011
MrStrategy:

how is this better than extraconnect ? grin
Re: MTN PayGo? by yaris(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2011
international number (US and Canada ONLY)
mtn dey craze, by international number at 20k/s na only Canada and US. even to call other mtn numbers for other countries na wahala.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2011
Is the tariff an improvement over xtraConnect
Re: MTN PayGo? by Vicben(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2011
I hear say den get 1 tin say magic no wt dt u can call a no for free 24/7 4 1 month.
Re: MTN PayGo? by yaris(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2011
To enjoy MTN Happy Hour, you must be either on the MTN PAYGO or MTN TalkOn plan !!!

Some of the benefits of being on the MTN PAYGO plan are:

* You get a simple price plan with no hidden access charges, easy-to-use products and services that give you true value!!!
   * You enjoy the cheapest call rates ever (12k/second) to 4 MTN numbers, 1 international number, and 1 number from any other GSM network with MTN Family & Friends
   * You can enjoy uninterrupted FREE calls for one month between you and your special someone with MTN Magic Number
   * You can get better value on the amount you spend on your phone by buying an MTN Bundle bundles of voice minutes and SMS at discounted rates.

For FREE migration to MTN PayGo, text 400 to 131 from your phone.
Re: MTN PayGo? by MrStrategy(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2011
The MTN PayGo is expected to be an improvement.
HappyLink should be better than Xtra Connect since it included the bonus of N30 daily when you recieve over 5mins call.
PayGo should be better than HappyLink since:
1. Tariff to Family & Friends is cheaper (N12/min vs N15/min).
2. Family & Friends includes 1 number to any other local network.
3. Family & Friends includes 1 international number (to US or Canada).

Please do well to experiment on the new MTN PayGo and tell us what you think.
Re: MTN PayGo? by pingpong1: 12:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
Its real guys. I have been calling my wife for free since morning, but MTN will charge me 250/month.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Eyayomosko: 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2011
what about my night calls,will it affect it?
Re: MTN PayGo? by pkv(m): 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2011
is unlyk mtn 2 b dat generous even afta arguably been d network dat exploited nigerians 4 close 2 a decade, watz up their sleeve?!
Re: MTN PayGo? by ziccoit: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2011
pkv:

is unlyk mtn 2 b dat generous even afta arguably been d network dat exploited nigerians 4 close 2 a decade, watz up their sleeve?!

Nothing up MTN sleeve. I have been using GLO infinito at N15/min to all network and international call at N10/min since last year now. Airtel also call all network at N12/min with 1st min go for N36. With glo N15/min all network I don't bother to load credit on my MTN again. Think of how many subscribers that would have moved onto other networks.

This is just a potent power of competition. We are surely going to make call at N5/min very soon in this country. Home boi, competition is sweet.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Eyayomosko: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hmmm really interesting.so guys how do we activate the 250/month call?
Re: MTN PayGo? by ziccoit: 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
pkv:

Nothing up MTN sleeve. I have been using GLO  infinito at N15/min to all network and international call at N10/min since last year now. Airtel also call all network at N12/min with 1st min go for N36. With glo N15/min all network I don't bother to load credit on my MTN again. Think of how many subscribers that would have moved onto other networks.

All in all, MTN is still far behind. WHY? I can call number irrespective of the network at N15/min on glo; N15 on etisalat with dailly charge of N5 and N12/min on Airtel with 1st min goes for N36.

Etisalat is bad because easyclip that give what I stated above also give free data/week with recharge of at least N200/week.

This is just a potent power of competition. We are surely going to make call at N5/min very soon in this country. Home boi, competition is sweet.
Re: MTN PayGo? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
Migrating to MTN Paygo or MTN TalkOn offers you a number of optional features. Features of the two plans, tariffs and codes for switching are below: MTN PayGo Migrate by sending 400 to 131.
6 Family & Friends Number: 4 which must be MTN Numbers, 1 Number from any GSM Network, 1 International Number @N12 /min or 0. 20 k/secs .
Magic Number: Call a number for free @ N250 /month Happy Hour calls from 00 :30 to 04 :30 to any MTN Line.
Note: Tariff 4 MTN to MTN or MTN to Other network remains as it is 4 happylink and funlink charge.

MTN TalkOn (Smartlink parkage)
Migrate by sending 401 to 131.
1st 60 secs calls in a day @ N0.50 k/secs. After 1 minute @ N0. 25 k/secs.
MTN Select: Calls to USA/Canada for as low as N0.20 k/secs.
Magic Number: Call a number for free @ N250 /month Happy Hour calls from 00 :30 to 04 :30 to any MTN Line
Re: MTN PayGo? by Oiza(f): 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
Please, is the magic number thing real? If yes, how can i get it? MTN has kinda shown me but this one sounds very nice. Thanks in advance
Re: MTN PayGo? by Fadajasi(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2011
Donseaun ke
Re: MTN PayGo? by puskin: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2011
. . . . . dis emptyhen don come again wit their crooked tariff plans.

Why can't they just synchronise their tariffs like other networks are doing. . . .must it always be MTN - MTN calls and MTN - others?? undecided

I mean. . .WTF.
Re: MTN PayGo? by otokx(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2011
my mtn line is for receiving calls only thanks to glo and airtel for upping the ante
Re: MTN PayGo? by Stallion84(m): 4:08am On Jan 21, 2011
To me, the whole package is RUBBISH. whilst other networks are slashing call rates massively, MTN dey do cunny cunny. u can imagine that thier on net mtn- mtn calls still go for 30 naira while to other networks is still 35 naira. Previously, family and friends used to be 15 naira, and all they could do was a 2naira cut off it (now 13naira). do they think i only have 6 contacts on my phone or what. As far as i am concerned, Aitel and Etisalat are better choices and henceforth my MTN is meant for recieving kols only. am going airtel asap.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Chrylich(m): 6:42am On Jan 21, 2011
and dont 4get dey r givin out bonuses. A friend of mine was given 1856 free international sms.i.e. 1856 free sms To any network.
Re: MTN PayGo? by Eyayomosko: 7:24am On Jan 21, 2011
To activate the 250/month call, dial *563*number# then they will collect your 250 at once
Re: MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2011
Please don’t display your ignorance by abusing MTN. read more about the new plans here: http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/paygo.html and http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/talkon.html
And be informed that MTN is not a charity organization but a business which has salaries to be paid that feed the parents/guardians of some of you in one way or the other. None the less MTN remains committed to total customer satisfaction.

Key facts about recent MTN tariff changes

-The 5 Link Plans were simplified to only TWO basic plans - PayGo and TalkOn
-Happylink + Funlink = payGo while Smartlink+Prolink+BizLink=TalkOn
-all customers were migrated to the new plans yesterday (20th January) accordingly. Customers that had existing bundles (happylink,funlink etc) were not supposed to be migrated until the bundle expiry. I’m sure that issue will be addressed soon and the airtime/sms returned. Please exercise some patience.
-Free midnight call is now available to all MTN subscribers with the exception of postpaid customers
-family&friends is now 6 numbers. 4 MTN numbers, 1 other network and 1 international which must be a US or Canadian number.
-MTN magic number is a first-of-its-kind service available to both PayGo and TalkOn subscribers. It allows you to talk to one person free of charge for 30 days after an initial registration fee of N250 charged only to the person initiating the magic number service
-The 5 Link Bundles will be simplified to only 3 Bundles (HAPPYLINK FUNLINK and SMARTLINK)
-The 3 new bundles will only consist of different volumes of voice and SMS and Customers on PayGo and TalkOn can buy any of the 3 bundle plans
-Bundle minutes will now show in seconds. This is as a result of customer perception that we are charging per minute for bundles, which isn’t the case. You have 0 On-Net Seconds; 0 On-Net SMS; 0 National Seconds; 0 National SMS.
-BOIC as previously available on HappyLink has been discontinued but the remaining in Bonus account balance was migrated to On-net seconds account

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Durable Phones With Very Long Battery Life / ES File Explorer NEW UPDATE, Come With Sender And Other New Features! / Latest Discovery: Speed Up Airtel 2g Downloading Speed (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.